If you were asked to be a Moderator.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
If you were asked to be a Moderator, what would be your answer?

panda was taken
my answer would be yes
does answer your question?

HBK
My answer would be

" GIVE ME YOUR ****ING MONEY! PUT THE ****ING **** IN A ****ING BROWN ****ING BAG"

Snoopbert
I'd say no. No good I can do here anyway with... certain people in certain positions.

Rogue Jedi
well, duh......

my answer is no. i sign on here to relax. i think if i was a mod, it would be like a job. too much responsibility for me. that doesnt mean i dont respect the hell out of the mods here, cuz i really do.

Blood_Rayne
Yeah I would.

BakaXero
only if a get a bag of cookies and sandwiches happy

or a bag of cookie sanwiches ninja

HBK
I want to see a mod say no.

Mr. Bacon
i would prbly say yes depending on the forum

HBK
Originally posted by BakaXero

or a bag of cookie sanwiches ninja

Wow! Cookie sandwiches!

Rogue Jedi

or a bag of cookie sanwiches ninja big grin big grin big grin
or a free toaster? big grin

Dordaness
I would say yes.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
big grin big grin big grin
or a free toaster? big grin
mmm.... toasted cookie sandwiches droolio

§P0oONY

I'd probably accept the offer to be honest.

Alpha Centauri
I'd say no. Because I would likely end up not being impartial, pissing someone off with decisions I made or something. At least I'm honest about that.

I think if anyone says yes, they should think about what it means.

Being a mod means more or less kissing goodbye to siding with the friends you have on here. If you have power, you have to use it objectively and impartially or there's no point being a mod. You have to be impartial and fair regardless of having a good day or a bad day, because that's a bit silly. People all too often just want to have the title, not the job.

-AC

a1hsauce
my job is impartiality so I'd say sure! id love to do my civic duty here on KMC

Alpha Centauri
A1, scenario for ya:

A really, really close KMC friend is trolling someone, being abusive, whilst getting equal amounts of trolling and abuse in return. Who do you ban?

Honest answer is suggested.

-AC

Deano
ban bothbig grin

if i was asked to be a mod i would say yes if it was for the sports forum

HBK
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A1, scenario for ya:

A really, really close KMC friend is trolling someone, being abusive, whilst getting equal amounts of trolling and abuse in return. Who do you ban?

Honest answer is suggested.

-AC

I would ban the friend.

a1hsauce
first off, I try hard, like go out of my way hard, to not have close friends on KMC. so that question doesnt apply to me stick out tongue

lol but ill answer anyway...I ban both...I tell my KMC friend that A) im sorry, this is the part of my job as a Mod that I need to carry out, you know the rules come back in 3 days.... I also ban the other perp.. telling them the exact same thing. You know the rules. take a 3 day vacation...if this persistes...im sorry, there are other forums. Go join them.

Lana
Well, I was asked, and I said yes....I certainly didn't expect to be asked though!

Alpha Centauri
Provided that in the event of such occurances you could actually do what you said, then that's the exact way to go.

I all too often hear "Rules are rules, break them and pay for it" when people do actually break them and don't actually pay for it.

Edit: That was to the Saucemeister.

-AC

a1hsauce
Provided that in the event of such occurances you could actually do what you said, then that's the exact way to go.

I all too often hear "Rules are rules, break them and pay for it" when people do actually break them and don't actually pay for it.

Edit: That was to the Saucemeister.

-AC
i like to live by this rule...for every friend you loss..there are two other friendless people out there. go hang out with them

Deano
i woudnt need to ban any friends, because if they was playing up then i would tell them not to piss about anymore, if they really are your friend then they will listen to you and appreciate your situation

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deano
i woudnt need to ban any friends, because if they was playing up then i would tell them not to piss about anymore, if they really are your friend then they will listen to you and appreciate your situation

Like I said, being partial isn't something that can be allowed in a mod.

What's the point in having bans if you can commit a bannable offense but escape it by just not committing more bannable offenses?

Makes it all a bit redundant.

-AC

Sir Mist
Nopesmokin'

powerfulone1987
I would say "Oh the Hell you are asking for you can't even imagine"

But for real, I would accept it.

is it comprehensible.....

powerfulone1987
Like I said, being partial isn't something that can be allowed in a mod.

What's the point in having bans if you can commit a bannable offense but escape it by just not committing more bannable offenses?

Makes it all a bit redundant.

-AC

I can't believe you're trying to give someone else pointers about bans.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I can't believe you're trying to give someone else pointers about bans.

And I can't believe you're once again trying to get involved. If you think about what I'm saying (if thinking isn't beyond you) you'd understand why I'm saying what I am.

You said you'd accept it, so let us be thankful no one considers you mod material.

-AC

justjakk
no, i dont mix well with power............it oftntimes goes ro my head and i end up being bossy....or, i let others take over me and i become a doormat.

powerfulone1987
And I can't believe you're once again trying to get involved. If you think about what I'm saying (if thinking isn't beyond you) you'd understand why I'm saying what I am.

You said you'd accept it, so let us be thankful no one considers you mod material.

-AC

You don't know that.

Something is in the works as we speak my friend, so watch out.

is it comprehensible......

Alpha Centauri
You don't know that.

Hahaha, way to walk right into my point.

Thanks.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Hahaha, way to walk right into my point.

Thanks.

-AC

You're welcome. I try.

Lana
You don't know that.

What the f**k?

Wolflet
I would only say yes to being a mod if KMC was in a BIG mess

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Lana
What the f**k?
why the face?

Sir Mist
Because your making it sound like your in a position where you could be mod, and Lana being a mod would already know, but since its only in your mind, the wtf face is appropriate smile

kmcdude
The way things are at the moment,I would say No........

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Because your making it sound like your in a position where you could be mod, and Lana being a mod would already know, but since its only in your mind, the wtf face is appropriate smile

I wasn't hoping that wasn't the answer.
Way to blow up a brother's dreams.
sad

I just may shoot myself.

T.V.O.T.I.
after being a moderator (on a another site) I say hell no!!!

Piggle Humsy
yes for the mod privileges... but no to the hard work laughing out loud

stick out tongue

Phoenix Aska
lol it depends where at...id only be interested in the anime section or video games.

Rogue Jedi
I'd say no. Because I would likely end up not being impartial, pissing someone off with decisions I made or something. At least I'm honest about that.

I think if anyone says yes, they should think about what it means.

Being a mod means more or less kissing goodbye to siding with the friends you have on here. If you have power, you have to use it objectively and impartially or there's no point being a mod. You have to be impartial and fair regardless of having a good day or a bad day, because that's a bit silly. People all too often just want to have the title, not the job.

-AC
good point. when you are a mod, people talk to you differently.

DarkC
No. I'm still too young and naive to be a moderator.

Jedi Priestess
Hell no! smile

Kosta
My answer would be no.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
yes for the mod privileges... but no to the hard work laughing out loud

stick out tongue

I didn't realize our weekly hot tub parties were considered work confused

BakaXero
Originally posted by DarkC
No. I'm still too young and naive to be a moderator.
sorry
but that is the most stupidess answer i ever heard no expression

silver_tears
sorry

That's perhaps the rudest I've heard roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
Originally posted by silver_tears
I didn't realize our weekly hot tub parties were considered work confused

Or the pole dancing....

good point. when you are a mod, people talk to you differently.

People aren't treating me any different that I've noticed confused

BakaXero
That's perhaps the rudest I've heard roll eyes (sarcastic)
i stand by it no expression

BakaXero
Or the pole dancing....

People aren't treating me any different that I've noticed confused
*bows down and grovels*

DarkC
sorry
Why?

Alpha Centauri
I'm changing my answer to yes, on account of the pole dancing and hot tub parties featuring Lana and Irene.

Hypocritical? Yes. Sexy? Yes.

*Ghetto blaster plays Jungle Boogie*

-AC

DarkC
Nice signature, AC.

BakaXero
Why?
for one thing you act like someone who older then they actually are the you make a comment calling yourself naive. that just stupid.
honestly who calls themself naive? saying you too young okay i can understand that but why would you call youself niave?

DarkC
Because I'll know that I'll eventually make some stupid decision leading to hate from others, like an undeserved ban. I'm not immune to bitterness and anger, you know.

Captain REX
I said yes. whistle

DarkC
Originally posted by Captain REX
I said yes. whistle
Bias! laughing

BakaXero
Because I'll know that I'll eventually make some stupid decision leading to hate from others, like an undeserved ban. I'm not immune to bitterness and anger, you know.
if you want to be loved then dont be a mod.
part of being a mod is making decisions that wont always favour others.
not being liked is part of the job.

and poeple make mistake. but if someone is banned there usually a reason,
and if the reason seems unfust it mat be disgusted.

if your afraid of bieng hated by others if you become a mod just say that.
dont call yourself naive, becuase you understand more then you give yourself credit for.

DarkC
Any of the current moderators are far more mature than I am anyways. erm

Captain REX
Bias! laughing

*thwap* stick out tongue

People seem to generally like me, even if I have to hand their asses to them from time to time. Even Sorgo and kmcdude, who I yell at when their little forum war gets out of hand, and some previously banned folks too.

Though, sometimes it's just ass-kissing so that they won't be banned/can be unbanned.

DarkC
*thwap* stick out tongue

People seem to generally like me, even if I have to hand their asses to them from time to time. Even Sorgo and kmcdude, who I yell at when their little forum war gets out of hand, and some previously banned folks too.

Though, sometimes it's just ass-kissing so that they won't be banned/can be unbanned.
Ah......the old ass-kissing. I used to be an ass-kisser.

Alpha Centauri

Mods aren't immune to any of that either.

-AC

BakaXero
Any of the current moderators are far more mature than I am anyways. erm
i dont know about that...
theres alot of weird things going behind the seens...
i can sense it confused

Captain REX
Like that evil conspiracy? It's been going for years.

DarkC
Mods aren't immune to any of that either.

-AC
But I'm not as great as keeping it under control.

Alpha Centauri
It's not really under control anyway, because it happens.

There are mods who do and mods who don't. Or at least there are mods I haven't SEEN do anything untoward. Whether they have in places I don't visit, is possible.

-AC

GCG
I dont see why some Mods who havent frequented this place in ages remain Mods. messed

Captain REX
Some would say that moderators aren't either.

We're just people after all, but we're the ones that Raz said 'Hey, you seem like a bright shining star amongst these lackluster new folk, wanna be a mod?'

Usually the people who don't like moderators were a) warned b) had a friend who was a moderator but isn't paid any favors c) just plain idiots.

Alpha Centauri
And the people who believe it's as open and shut as three simple reasons that don't incriminate the mods in any way are:

A) Mods.

B) There is no B.

-AC

BakaXero
Like that evil conspiracy? It's been going for years.
yes that ninja

Captain REX
Still feeling irked about your ban? erm

Alpha Centauri
Still feeling irked about your ban? erm

I'm not bringing it up, no. But if you wanna discuss it, I can expose some shit. Your decision. I've been lured into a ban by a mod before and multiple people saw it happen, including a mod who agreed with me all along and it won't happen again.

What does irk me is mods retorting with simple reasons as to why people might be unhappy with them. Not to say any of the reasons you said are wrong, they're not. Just that there is more to it than pure mod hatred as you would lead people to believe.

You can't claim mods are people too and then act like everyone who calls them out on their mistakes are jealous, irrational idiots. It holds less water than a popped balloon.

-AC

Captain REX
blink

I'm just going to walk away... erm

Alpha Centauri
Right on.

-AC

Wolflet
Do you think black people will love me if I become mod eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
I would say that's an absolute guarantee, Wolflet.

-AC

Captain REX
Anyways, I said yes, as I noted. erm

BakaXero
WOW!!! thats a spin out!!

Captain REX
Totally.

BakaXero
edit no expression.

D-Double

None for me, thanks! no2

BackFire
*Looks to the left.*

Nah...

BakaXero
Originally posted by BackFire
*Looks to the left.*

Nah...
show off no expression

GCG
A mod is not always right, but a mod is always a mod ; i think everyone knows this by now.

Bun Bun
I would say yes, but KMC is like pretty popular and i do tend to like to side with my friends and im very protective so that would be really hard as a mod on KMC.

Captain REX
It's even harder when the mods become good friends. messed

D-Double
Originally posted by Wolflet
Do you think black people will love me if I become mod eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

hmm .......... Definitely!! eek!

... it's a scientific fact that black people love authority figures. tongue_ss

Bun Bun

How?

Rogue Jedi
thin ice, Bun Bun.....thin ice.

Bun Bun
thin ice, Bun Bun.....thin ice.

i dont get it....?

Storm
We give up our membership to a certain extent, some members place you on a different level than before when you were one of them.

SimonW
Yes, if the person who asked was a moderator too. smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Storm
We give up our membership to a certain extent, some members place you on a different level than before when you were one of them.
EXACTLY....they are more cautious what they say to you. its like "uh oh, RJ is here, watch what you say."

Storm
It takes a long period of time to become a good moderator. I' m always receptive to honest and constructive criticism/feedback. I' m interested to hear on which points I can improve myself.

So feel free to PM me to evaluate my moderator skills, or lack off and provide me food for thought.

Rogue Jedi
you suck.....lol

no, seriously. your mod skills are top notch, storm.

Kosta

This is exactly the reason why I wouldnt want to be a mod. Not that I hold too much sway with many members here, but none the less.

Clovie
no
it is about priorities.

and the only nice thing about being a mod is to be allowed to have buttefly in your sig eek!

Lana

Agreed.....gets tricky then.

RagingSilent
No.
There is no way I could keep up with the requirements...I don't spend enough time at kmc...so me as a mod = error ^-^

WindDancer

Well, just think of the Matrix. When Morpheous offers the pills to Neo and he gets to choose the blue pill or the red pill. Is kinda like that...

Or you think of it as LOTR. Do you take the ring to mountain doom or you stay and go back to the shire...

..better yet think of Batman...he seeks ways to fight injustice....No, how about Anakin Skywalker! He learns the ways of the Jedi and then avoids joining the dark side.......no NO wait! How about....

....what was the question? wacko

DarkC
Yeah. I am confused too.

Clovie
Originally posted by WindDancer
Well, just think of the Matrix. When Morpheous offers the pills to Neo and he gets to choose the blue pill or the red pill. Is kinda like that...

Or you think of it as LOTR. Do you take the ring to mountain doom or you stay and go back to the shire...

..better yet think of Batman...he seeks ways to fight injustice....No, how about Anakin Skywalker! He learns the ways of the Jedi and then avoids joining the dark side.......no NO wait! How about....

*thinks about Anakin*
so.. hipothetically speaking...
I'm being offered a mod job, and I accept it
then I'm making a great use of it, and get demoted.

It would be a waste of time to me purplequeen1

and I'd never be offered it, so there is no point in even considering it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WindDancer

I'll tell them, Wind. It's ok.

What he's trying to say is...he's Batman.

-AC

DarkC
So we figured. stick out tongue

silver_tears
I'm changing my answer to yes, on account of the pole dancing and hot tub parties featuring Lana and Irene.

Hypocritical? Yes. Sexy? Yes.

*Ghetto blaster plays Jungle Boogie*

-AC

eyes What can we say, the job pays well.

DarkC
So many liberties.

Ken Kenobi
I've answered Yes to Raz two times now. stick out tongue

But now I don't want to be a moderator again. The forum I had was too stressful.

DarkC
At the time, maybe. Has it died down?

silver_tears
Mine have little action sometimes, but there's enough to keep it interesting now that I do celebs too smile

DarkC
Mine have little action sometimes, but there's enough to keep it interesting now that I do celebs too smile
Yep, I noticed a while ago. At least that one is pretty active.

silver_tears
Yea, but no one breaks the rules disgust God!

Lana

Unlike in the video game and vs forums, where I'm forever having to close threads because people can't read the damn rules stick out tongue

Clovie
Mine have little action sometimes, but there's enough to keep it interesting now that I do celebs too smile little action?

Yea, but no one breaks the rules disgust God! omg... if you ask kindly enough, we can consider this, for you personal pleasure roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkC
There, there. laughing out loud There will always be noobs.

Alpha Centauri
Might go into the James Bond forum and just start being a general rule breaker. For laughs.

-AC

Lana
Might go into the James Bond forum and just start being a general rule breaker. For laughs.

-AC

Stefan told me he was going to go into the Video Games forum just to start stupid threads and piss me off roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Clovie

-AC it doesn't sound nice to me. sad

silver_tears
Go eek!

DarkC
Stefan told me he was going to go into the Video Games forum just to start stupid threads and piss me off roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud
Ah, good ol' Stefan.

Clovie
Go eek! nono you are encouraging misbehaviour... nahuh

DarkC
Originally posted by Clovie
nono you are encouraging misbehaviour... nahuh
laughing out loud There, there. AC volunteered.

Yuna33
hello.

Clovie
laughing out loud There, there. AC volunteered. WHATEVER. I still think she shouldn't agree. schmoll

Yuna33
what shouldn't she agree to?

Clovie
AC going to some forum and messing it up only to let her show off her mod powers erm

Yuna33
oh, hey thats not cool, but what forum was it?

DarkC
Personally I can't see any problem with that.

Lana
I'm fairly sure they're just joking, Clovie.

Yuna33
was it just some random thread?
that would be bad, but if it had to be then it's cool.

Clovie
I'm fairly sure they're just joking, Clovie. you're taking her side because she's your fellow co-mod? erm

and I don't care if they were joking or not. it was "raunchy, raunchie, ronchie" sad

Lana
I'm not taking anyone's sides, I'm just saying that I highly doubt she's being serious blink

DarkC
Clovie, now you're just sounding whiney.

Clovie
ok erm
seems it just sounded so to me, sorry.

Clovie, now you're just sounding whiney. than ignore me..you know I'm not a mod so you can do it.
and I'm just having allergy to something. erm

DarkC
Unfortunately, I am more the type that intervenes, rather than ignores.

Clovie
Unfortunately, I am more the type that intervenes, rather than ignores. so you'll have to get some immunity against me.

DarkC
What makes you think I'll develop immunity for you, when I haven't for so many others?

Clovie
coz you have only two choices, and you just said you not gonna ignore me huh

Alpha Centauri
Clovie...I was joking.

You seriously do need to stop taking everything so seriously, really.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by D-Double

... it's a scientific fact that black people love authority figures.

What the f**k? mad

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Wolflet

What the f**k?
yall need to grow up.

phantomposter
If I were a mod, I'd probably ban myself.

Alpha Centauri
What the f**k?
yall need to grow up.

And "yall" need to get a sense of humour. It's called a joke.

You need to do lots of things, like learn why "is it comprehensible" isn't applicable to what you are saying.

-AC

Ms Flower
Originally posted by D-Double

... it's a scientific fact that black people love authority figures. tongue_ss you are so delish! yes

It takes a long period of time to become a good moderator. I' m always receptive to honest and constructive criticism/feedback. I' m interested to hear on which points I can improve myself.

So feel free to PM me to evaluate my moderator skills, or lack off and provide me food for thought. tis one reason I was pleased to see you become a mod happy you are one of the most rational people Ive come across here.

Laurie
I was asked to be an 'OP' twice, a couple of years ago, on another website. I immediately refused both times. When you think about it an OP, or a Mod has to be very committed; I could not see myself giving that kind of committment timewise; I'm not that unselfish...

I think that being impartial must be, sometimes, extremely hard...in all honesty, I would have to say that I probably wouldn't always be 100% impartial. Being an OP or Mod cannot be easy; I don't envy them.

Clovie
Clovie...I was joking.

You seriously do need to stop taking everything so seriously, really.

-AC maybe I knew you were. erm
still it was totally not funny. schmoll
and just..... wrong. schmoll *runs away crying*

playmean
tongue_ss

Rogue Jedi
why you guys making clovie cry?

Alpha Centauri
We're not. She just questions every single thing and takes every single thing way too literally.

I'm actually afraid to say anything to her incase she asks me to explain it, because that usually takes about four posts.

If someone says something, she'll take it serious then the person tries to explain and she ends up not getting it. Then all hell done broke'd loose.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>