Jedi and co. at the Somme!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
ALL jedi and ALL clone troopers replace the British troops at the Battle of the Somme. Who wins?
NOTE: They MUST follow the initial British strategy.

Se7in
Lets see.

- Replace 51 British Divisions with 1,000,000 Clone Troopers.
- Add 15,000 Jedi.
- Clone Troopers were trained from infancy to be elite soldiers.
- They have a HUGE technological advantage.
- The Jedi and Clones must break through the German lines (aprox. 25 miles).

I don't see Clone taking this with more than 25% casualties. I suspect their armor has minimal to mediocre protection against ballistic ammo. Clone Troopers wield more accurate weapons with a better rate of fire and easier reload ability. If they can use vehicles, this is over, but I don't think they can. I say this is an even easier battle than the British fought.

Gryn Jabar
No vehicles. BTW, for this, let's assume that Clone Trooper's armor is piercable by bullets and such.
Also:
1) All we've seen of Clone Trooper (and Jedi) strategy is RUSH RUSH RUSH. Against machine guns, this won't work.
2) No vehicles.
3) How is the clone rifle easier to reload?

Se7in
Clone rifles are loaded with energy cells. One of the problem with weapons in WW I was the mechanics of the weapons, mainly the reloading contraptions of semi and automatic weapons. Clone troopers can do MUCH more than rush. The entire battle of Kashyyk was a defense, so was the battle of Coruscant. Clone commandoes are highly effective at such a battle, their use of espionage, though a bit vain due to numbers, could have an outcome on this battle. Jedi can't deflect bullets, they'd disintegrate, and a blind rush into MG fire would mean sure death. However, the use of the Force could be effective especially with the amount of trench warfare. Jedi use Force to jam or break the MG's in the nests and have 10 Jedi with Clone support rush the nests, basically making rushing a viable strategy. Any Nazi troops trying to invade trenches basically get chopped to pieces. Clones use flash-bang grenades to blind the enemy, ECD's to fry anyone unfortunate to be in the range, and thermal detonators to blow up any nests.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Se7in
Any Nazi troops trying to invade trenches basically get chopped to pieces.

There would be no Nazi troops because the Battle happened in 1916 and there were no Nazis at this point.

And clones + Jedi replacing the troops would pretty much destroy the Germans.

Se7in
Damn, what a huge mistake by me. I hate discussing world wars, they constantly confuse me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.