Gas Prices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blood_Rayne
About a month ago there was this big gas scare. A rumor was going around saying gas stations would close down there pumps that day so people lined up to fill up but of course it was all a lie, but anyway gas was like $4.01 for regular and now its like $2.44 for regular so how do you guys feel about gas prices.

GCG
Take a look at these photos....

Also, in case you're wondering where this hotel is, it isn't a hotel at all. It is a house!_

It's owned by the family of _Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the former president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu-Dhabi._

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5637/picture12tl.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7104/picture27ai.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/963/picture32mz.jpg

Amazing what $2.75 a gallon gas can buy, isn't it?

Blood_Rayne
But why was it $4 last month and $2 this month?

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
But why was it last month and this month?

Its a game for those making the money. Raise Gas, lower other prices. Lower gas, Raise prices in the stores or anything they can make money from. gas will rise again its all a matter of time.

Victor Von Doom

MC Mike
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Americans need to stop moaning about 'gas'.

I say they should just stop eating the cheese, maybe that'll help...

silver_tears
It's simple really, last month a hurricane threatened Texas, this month not.

KidRock

BackFire
At least they're going down at the moment. $2.40 a gallon right now, I believe.

It was pretty ridiculous when it was $3.00+.

KidRock
There are to many fat people in this world. Start rideing bikes people.

BackFire
For short distances, and when time isn't of the essence, perhaps that's a reasonable solution.

However, I think most people who are really complaining about the gas prices are those who have to make long commutes every day and have no other option then driving.

I see no problem with people wanting reasonable and fair prices for gas.

GCG
Originally posted by KidRock
There are to many fat people in this world. Start rideing bikes people.

Do you mean motor-bikes ?

debbiejo
I'm just glad the prices came down...........but love those pics....

GCG
Those are just a three out of some fifteen. you should see the cars they have.

Capt_Fantastic

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, woe is me! Gas prices are so high that I'll have to make the 2-minute journey to the nearest 7-11 on foot! Either that or I'll have to forgo my hourly can of Coke for a glass of tap water. Woe is me!

Kosta
ROFL!

botankus
At least my daily commute, in the past month, has gone down from costing me $13 per day to $10. I'll take that.

soleran30
What's more, bottled water can cost up to 10,000 times the amount of tap water by volume. That is, maintaining municipal water systems typically cost 0.1-0.2 US cents per gallon, where a 1/2 liter bottle of water at 99 US cents ends up costing around US$8 a gallon.

LOL only in the USA do we whine about gas and then buy bottled watersmile
Now I love the USA however instead of home of the free perhaps it should be home of the fat and whinie!

Victor put it stright look how much gas is in europe! If we really wanna cry Capt had another good point on alternative fuels.

More Importantly my milk costs 2$ a gallon and I certainly don't need that to maintain my lifestyle.....however where I am at gas is 1.99$ a gallon and I gladly pay that. I almost wish this last gas crunch would have been a wake up call for all those damn SUV's and gas guzzling monsters us Americans drive around.

PVS
just because some of you have no reason to leave your house other than to shop for junkfood, doest mean you should assume everyone else is the same. some of us have JOBS and have to (get ready for this, take notes) C-O-M-M-U-T-E many miles to get to those jobs. understand?

so all you shmucks can quit blowing hot air with your 'look at me im so funny and witty' oversimplified comments which only manage to sink the i.q. of every thread down to the double digits. shmucks

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
just because some of you have no reason to leave your house other than to shop for junkfood, doest mean you should assume everyone else is the same. some of us have JOBS and have to (get ready for this, take notes) C-O-M-M-U-T-E many miles to get to those jobs. understand?

so all you shmucks can quit blowing hot air with your 'look at me im so funny and witty' oversimplified comments which only manage to sink the i.q. of every thread down to the double digits. shmucks

Haha, I wanted to say the same thing but couldn't figure out a good way to word it. I'd say you did that very well.

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS

Perhaps one of the most moronic posts I have ever read. Wow lets all write a special note for you becuase you have to commute MANY MILES to work. So what it certainly doesn't change the fact the USA has some of the best international prices on gas. If you commute so many milesI assume your job is worth some good money or you wouldn't drive and if thats the case blow it out your steam pipe adjust your budget......classic whiner

botankus
There are tens of thousands of people who commute many miles to work in this country. It's not because they're pulling in six figures an hour away, but mostly because it's for a job that they have worked to attain that isn't available in their area.

I, for example, love the company I'm with and the pay is enough so I can pay mortgage on a house instead of throwing away rent on an apartment and also have a car payment. Other than that me and most people aren't swimming in all this excess money. I have a hard time saving money, in fact, but I felt that home ownership was something that would pay off in the future. I'm lucky if I have an extra $100 left at the end of the month to put into savings.

So when you budget $250 a month for gasoline and then you're paying $400 a month, that cuts into your budget, which every person should have in their life.

PVS
Originally posted by soleran30
If you commute so many milesI assume your job is worth some good money or you wouldn't drive and if thats the case blow it out your steam pipe adjust your budget......classic whiner

that has to be the stupidest arguement i ever heard.
so i should just feel an obligation to turn a blind eye to oil
companies' fraudulant behavior because i somehow deserve
to have to pay any indefinite amount of money for gasoline?
because you said so? so if they decide to jack it up to 20$ a gallon
just for the hell of it, nobody has the right to complain?

well im glad you put your foot down.
too bad you make no sense at all

condiscending attention whore shmucks like you are killing every thread in this forum.

you sir can eat my manhood

silver_tears
If you're going to insult someone, at least spell schmucks correctly.

Storm
Be respectful of other members. Disagreements do arise from time to time, but we can all express our opinions without being sarcastic, demeaming, belittling or putting down other members. Please choose your words wisely!

PVS
"Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, she will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore her."

smile spot on?

and by the way, you are wrong. it can be spelled both ways:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shmuck

take care now. bye bye smile

silver_tears
Actually, I've already contributed to the discussion, and most effectively imo yes
While you people all debate about which country has it worst and such with gas prices, proving once again how extremely educated and witty you all are, I actually answered why the prices were so high last month.

Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
But why was it $4 last month and $2 this month?

This one here....

Originally posted by silver_tears
It's simple really, last month a hurricane threatened Texas, this month not.

Just in case you're too busy working on the next jab at me to look that up thumb up

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
and by the way, you are wrong. it can be spelled both ways:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shmuck

take care now. bye bye smile

Sure, but my way is more correct smile, notice how schmuck comes before shmuck, Google even auto corrects it thumb up

PVS
so the jacked up gas prices for the past 3 years consistantly matched with record breaking profits for oil companies are a result of a premonition that a hurricane threatened texas last month? interesting contribution. i stand corrected roll eyes (sarcastic)

and since im in a hurry, perhaps you could point out any spelling errors in this post since i just dont have time for spellcheck. thumb up

PVS
Sure, but my way is more correct smile, notice how schmuck comes before shmuck, Google even auto corrects it thumb up

notice the word A-L-S-O eek!
man you just wont admit how wrong you were.
but hey, who needs an english dictionary, when you have
google's auto correct, which corrects based on page hits
as opposed to proper spelling.

and whats with the " thumb up " at the end of every post? is that supposed to impress me or convince me that you must somehow be right and the dictionary is wrong? hmmm....ok...anyway....

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
and whats with the " thumb up " at the end of every post? is that supposed to impress me or convince me that you must somehow be right and the dictionary is wrong? hmmm....ok...anyway....

I think that's supposed to intuitively be a thumb going up a certain someplace.

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS
that has to be the stupidest arguement i ever heard.
so i should just feel an obligation to turn a blind eye to oil
companies' fraudulant behavior because i somehow deserve
to have to pay any indefinite amount of money for gasoline?
because you said so? so if they decide to jack it up to 20$ a gallon
just for the hell of it, nobody has the right to complain?

well im glad you put your foot down.
too bad you make no sense at all

condiscending attention whore shmucks like you are killing every thread in this forum.

you sir can eat my manhood

The WHOLE point of my thread was to put things in perspective and not to justify any Oil companies profits.......Do I really believe that the hurricane had such a huge affect as to bring prices up like they did? No I do not, in my opinion what brought up prices was the demand and the illusion of supply considering how much oil they keep on reserve and could very well have adjusted the price by offsetting cost with reserve oil then built up the reserve again.

So in the end we choose what we drive, how far we drive, where we work, what we spend and our lifestyles accordingly.........in a capitalistic society one always has to expect changes in high demand products and budget accordingly.

Darth Jello
the same thing happened with beef when the industry was trying to hike prices in the 60's and 70's, it is a price fixing situation, one that will never be busted up because Ted Williams (R-AK) is a human tumor (see congressional hearing in the past two days). as for tap water, it often isn't safe, especially where i live where the government doesn't do shit about overfluoridation and contamination with lead, sulfuric acid, uranium, plutonium, neptunium, printers ink, and strontium-90

Capt_Fantastic
Nation City Price in USD Regular/Gallon
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

And PVS is right, 10 billion dollars in profits for an industry that has suspicious connections to the white house and the current administration? That's coincidental, I'm sure. And Europe has had higher fuel prices since as far back as I can remember. The first time I traveled to London, in high school, I was astounded by the prices. Even then, in '98, the prices were triple what they were in the States. Everytime I've been back, they were higher and higher.

As I said in my first post, the US should have gotten it's ass in gear in teh 70's when we had our first middle-east induced gas shortage. But, the problem today isn't that the middle east is cutting our supply, it's the oil companies being allowed to rape us with government support.

PVS, if you had an alternative to gas powered transportation...would your commuter problems be anywhere near as expensive?

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
PVS, if you had an alternative to gas powered transportation...would your commuter problems be anywhere near as expensive?

impossible to tell. what i do know is i wouldnt be supporting terrorism smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
impossible to tell. what i do know is i wouldnt be supporting terrorism smile
Funny. Anyways, we are very dependent on Gas and only few people own oil fields so I guess they have the power to make the prizes (to be honest if we think that in a few years it will be all gone we are lucky we don't have to pay more), the best and most needed thing now is to find new energy sources, not only for cars but all kind of Energy. The Countries should really sratr putting more effort into it.

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
so the jacked up gas prices for the past 3 years consistantly matched with record breaking profits for oil companies are a result of a premonition that a hurricane threatened texas last month? interesting contribution. i stand corrected roll eyes (sarcastic)

and since im in a hurry, perhaps you could point out any spelling errors in this post since i just dont have time for spellcheck. thumb up

No, her post was specifically asking for the jack up last month, you must have missed that when you were attacking other members on their opinions. yes

Hence that "why was it 4 bucks last month and 2 this month part."

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
notice the word A-L-S-O eek!
man you just wont admit how wrong you were.
but hey, who needs an english dictionary, when you have
google's auto correct, which corrects based on page hits
as opposed to proper spelling.

And for your information, I actually looked at your link, notice how schmuck is listed first.

Bicnarok

Bardock42
And for your information, I actually looked at your link, notice how schmuck is listed first.

But there's no "righter", it's just both usable. erm

Bicnarok

silver_tears
Originally posted by Bardock42
But there's no "righter", it's just both usable. erm

It's also just slang and not listed in any real dictionary stick out tongue

Bardock42
It's also just slang and not listed in any real dictionary stick out tongue
True happy ...a funny word though.....maybe he meant it Yiddish erm

silver_tears

Bardock42
I don't agree with that whole commute thing, it's not an absolute, you don't have to drive, there's other options, car pooling, public transport for example.

I have a license and my dad just bought a new car, but I don't plan on setting foot in it unless absolutely necessary, I can get to my job three different ways without it.
Well, there are people though that need a car. Salespersons for example.

silver_tears
You're right, I overlooked them. There are people who need their car, but I'm talking about the people who are just "I could take the bus, but I'd need to get up 30 minutes earlier." no expression
If that's your frame of mind, then you really shouldn't be complaining about gas prices.

However if you really do depend on your car, and have no other options, and some people do as pointed out by B42 smile then I can see the unfairness of the situation. And I completely agree that oil companies jacking up prices purely for profit is destructive to our society.

That being said though, Canada is thinking of implementing a national energy program once again, which would lower our gas prices here.

Lana
I don't agree with that whole commute thing, it's not an absolute, you don't have to drive, there's other options, car pooling, public transport for example.

I have a license and my dad just bought a new car, but I don't plan on setting foot in it unless absolutely necessary, I can get to my job three different ways without it.

That's not true, though. There are many people who literally have no choice but to drive to work. I HAVE to drive to work and school -- there is no public transportation that goes from anywhere near my house to either my job or my school. Carpooling isn't an option for school (a 30 minute drive) as none of my friends in my area go to my school. I have no other choice but to drive.

And considering how much gas costs....yeah, it really sucks. That alone eats up on average a fifth to a quarter of my paycheck erm

silver_tears
Oh that I can understand, and I clarified about the type of people I meant smile

Lana
Quite frankly I hate having to drive everywhere. I mean, it's nice being able to get around on my own, but it just costs so damn much.

PVS

which means precisely nothing. give it up erm

oh by the way, did i spell anything wrong there? its so nice to have my own free live personal spellchecker roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
Originally posted by Lana
Quite frankly I hate having to drive everywhere. I mean, it's nice being able to get around on my own, but it just costs so damn much.

I don't have that problem really.
I walk or public it everywhere I go. School and work are lie 30 minute walks for me, but I have my iPod and I enjoy it.

PVS
That's not true, though. There are many people who literally have no choice but to drive to work. I HAVE to drive to work and school -- there is no public transportation that goes from anywhere near my house to either my job or my school. Carpooling isn't an option for school (a 30 minute drive) as none of my friends in my area go to my school. I have no other choice but to drive.

And considering how much gas costs....yeah, it really sucks. That alone eats up on average a fifth to a quarter of my paycheck erm

well the message from others will be "you should have planned your budget".
which will be the answer to everything, as if you're just supposed to buy a frikin house whenever you get a new job or go to school. for every new venture you should be rich to begin with or move within walking distance.

amazing huh?

Lana
I walk or public it everywhere I go. School and work are lie 30 minute walks for me, but I have my iPod and I enjoy it.

I start work at 6 am and it's a 15 minute drive, and my school's a half hour drive, so I really haven't got a choice but to drive.

When I was in high school I always walked, it was like a 20 minute walk but it didn't bother me so long as I had music.

Lana
Originally posted by PVS
well the message from others will be "you should have planned your budget".
which will be the answer to everything, as if you're just supposed to buy a frikin house whenever you get a new job or go to school. for every new venture you should be rich to begin with or move within walking distance.

amazing huh?

I do budget it in -- buying gas for the week is the first thing I do when I get my paycheck. Working for minimum wage means you don't get much money, though, so there's not a damn thing I can do more than that.

PVS

so you present a selfish argument. many of us dont have a choice to just walk 30 minutes to work or school. what then? you're situation doesnt apply to all, and is impossible for many, yet you argue as if it is possible.

PVS
I do budget it in -- buying gas for the week is the first thing I do when I get my paycheck. Working for minimum wage means you don't get much money, though, so there's not a damn thing I can do more than that.

no, im referring to soleran's arguement. the idea is that since you live in a capitalist society, if the oil companies have you paying something outrageous, and all of the sudden you cant afford it, then its all your fault. so lets say tomorrow its 20$ a gallon. cant afford it? your fault. this is what i find amazing.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
so you present a selfish argument. many of us dont have a choice to just walk 30 minutes to work or school. what then? you're situation doesnt apply to all, and is impossible for many, yet you argue as if it is possible.

But you need to understand that driving is not a right you have but something you have to pay for...and currently it is worth 4$ and even above.

Lana
Originally posted by PVS
no, im referring to soleran's arguement. the idea is that since you live in a capitalist society, if the oil companies have you paying something outrageous, and all of the sudden you cant afford it, then its all your fault. so lets say tomorrow its 20$ a gallon. cant afford it? your fault. this is what i find amazing.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

And that's a stupid argument. Most people DO budget that in, but if prices were to suddenly jump they'd be SOL.

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS
which means precisely nothing. give it up erm

oh by the way, did i spell anything wrong there? its so nice to have my own free live personal spellchecker roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't flatter yourself, not only am I not searching dozens of online dictionaries to disprove you, I'm also not stalking you forum wise to correct your spelling errors.

It just caught my eye as I was reading some of those biting remarks you made to people who are otherwise innocent but just happen to have a differing opinion thumb up

botankus
Since I pass more cows (1,000) than buses (0) from my house to work, I'm going to ask my company if I can build my house right behind our manufacturing plant.

Or I could do the logical thing here and ride a cow to work.

silver_tears
Originally posted by PVS

Do you completely ignore anything that won't lead to an argument?
I mean insult me all you want, but before you do why don't you actually read my other responses such as the one where I mentioned B42's valid point yes

Must have missed this whole point here......

"However if you really do depend on your car, and have no other options, and some people do as pointed out by B42, then I can see the unfairness of the situation. And I completely agree that oil companies jacking up prices purely for profit is destructive to our society."

Capt_Fantastic
Don't flatter yourself, not only am I not searching dozens of online dictionaries to disprove you, I'm also not stalking you forum wise to correct your spelling errors.

It just caught my eye as I was reading some of those biting remarks you made to people who are otherwise innocent but just happen to have a differing opinion thumb up

If you have to search dozens of on-line dictionaries, then ...wow....

that's kinda sad.

Besides, if you've looked at more than one, and it didn't prove him wrong....what did it prove him?

silver_tears
Less right than me big grin
His version was smaller and listed second droolio

Bardock42
Err, yes....by the way ST although I saw their arguement I don't really agree with it so....well erm

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
If you have to search dozens of on-line dictionaries, then ...wow....

that's kinda sad.

Besides, if you've looked at more than one, and it didn't prove him wrong....what did it prove him?

She said she is NOT searching Online Dictionaries What the f**k?

Lana
Originally posted by botankus
Since I pass more cows (1,000) than buses (0) from my house to work, I'm going to ask my company if I can build my house right behind our manufacturing plant.

Or I could do the logical thing here and ride a cow to work.

Ride a cow to work! eek!

botankus
Ride a cow to work! eek!
There ya go, the commuter's problem is solved.

Oh, well, everybody's except the farmers. Now they'll have to feed the cows more to keep them fat. It always happens...somebody's gotta lose!

BackFire
For the record, public trasportation is for suckers.

silver_tears
Originally posted by botankus
There ya go, the commuter's problem is solved.

Oh, well, everybody's except the farmers. Now they'll have to feed the cows more to keep them fat. It always happens...somebody's gotta lose!

They'll taste better that way droolio

And in response to BF's comment..........*sucker* geek

ZephroCarnelian

silver_tears
May I ask why you need the gas in the first place if you live in a village? blink

Unless you work or such very far away, but can't you get everything you need within like walking distance? confused

ZephroCarnelian
lol!

Get everything in walking distance in Cossington??

There isn't anything.

No post office, no shops, no petrol station.

Nothing.

The nearest village is Sileby which is a good half hour's walk there, just to get a paper lol. Then it's a half hour's walk back. An hour taken out of my time, just to get some groceries? And especially not when it's chucking it down and just above zero outside thanks lol. smile

And I work seven miles away in town. I start work at 7am and the buses at that time of the morning are:

a) Only running hourly.
b) Often late.
c) Often don't turn up at all if the floods are up.

Besides which - I absolutely love driving. smile

Bardock42
For groceries: Buy a Horse
For the Bus: Just set your alarma an hour early, wear warm cloths and take a book, you won't lose any time and you will still be just in time for work.
For your love to drive. Stop complaining then.

silver_tears
Ah I see, I was thinking in stereotypes of villages where you can get everything you need, like in Beauty and the Beast embarrasment

Julie
ooohhh gas prices are starting to drop.....well at least it isn't near 3 dollars a gallon....

even getting gasoline twice a month is making me poor

Lana
May I ask why you need the gas in the first place if you live in a village? blink

Unless you work or such very far away, but can't you get everything you need within like walking distance? confused

I live in a village (technically), doesn't mean much.

Julie
What's a village? I thought those were only in storybooks

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS

Thats not what I was even remotely trying to represent. Truth be told if anything changes from the "norm" people get upset. Did the oil companies gouge us.........I think yes especially if you read my post all the way through. However it can happen at anytime with any product. We as a society just have certain expectations in place and comfort levels on what we find acceptable with specific products.

So PVS I am not passing blame or fault to any consumer merely pointing out that if you live paycheck to paycheck and are THAT concerned then you should make some adjustments and try to leave room for things you don't expect, then again live the way you want whatever......

So once again I feel as though with the weather patterns and political strife(govt in middle east big bussiness representation) that the oil companies used to played smoke and mirrors just to raise gas pricesis crap. Things like this always occur and it sucks and people that make the most noise get it cleaned up quickly ie american consumers however its the choices we make while they are happening that will have the greatest affect on us and how we view them.

Lana
Originally posted by Julie
What's a village? I thought those were only in storybooks

Basically just a small town.

PVS

thumb up who do you think you're kidding? thumb up you already DID try desperately to prove me wrong and found that every single dictionary online acknowledges both spellings. thumb up so now you post that "i can prove you wrong but i just wont" childish copout thumb up how positively weak thumb up

oh yeah: thumb up (for good measure)

Lana
Kindly drop the silly argument, as it's nothing to do with the topic....

PVS

yes that i will agree with

*dropped*

silver_tears
Where did I try to prove you wrong?
I openly acknowledged that yes, both forms are acceptable, the strongly worded letter I plan on sending to all the online dictionaries demanding they remove shmuck from their site doesn't go through till next week no2

And like I said, neither word is in a standard dictionary. It is slang to start.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
thumb up who do you think you're kidding? thumb up you already DID try desperately to prove me wrong and found that every single dictionary online acknowledges both spellings. thumb up so now you post that "i can prove you wrong but i just wont" childish copout thumb up how positively weak thumb up

oh yeah: thumb up (for good measure)
Wow, you two behave so childish I can't believe it. ST just pointed out a minor spelling mistake, turns out it was no istake, case closed. But you make it a big thing like it millions of lives depend on it.

ZephroCarnelian
Bardock24...... I have a horse. Two horses in fact. But they're Shetland ponies and one of them's a foal, so they're not likely to be carrying anyone anywhere, lol! And I wasn't complaining about prices - I was just stating the prices for people's information. smile

And Julie - you serious? confused

silver_tears

It's not an argument on KMC till expletives are thrown around....

Lana
It's not an argument on KMC till expletives are thrown around....

You guys are arguing on the spelling of a slang word roll eyes (sarcastic) profanities or not, it's still an argument.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Bardock42
Wow, you two behave so childish I can't believe it. ST just pointed out a minor spelling mistake, turns out it was no istake, case closed. But you make it a big thing like it millions of lives depend on it.

Ah but you see childish would be using the f-off smilie stick out tongue

And furthermore, I don't care about the spelling either, I thought it was rude how he was insulting people based on opinion, and anyways I've made my case about gas prices so now I'll just partake in this thread silently till something catches my eye. Case closed. smile

BackFire
and it's still off topic.

Halt please.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Bardock24...... I have a horse. Two horses in fact. But they're Shetland ponies and one of them's a foal, so they're not likely to be carrying anyone anywhere, lol! And I wasn't complaining about prices - I was just stating the prices for people's information. smile

And Julie - you serious? confused

It's 42, but anyways, the Horse part was more of a joke, and I am jsut saying that one can take measures against high gas prizes like cutting down all extraordinary drives, or organize a mass boycott against the largest Oil Corporations (I don't know Exxon and BP or something). But if one doesn't want to give up their car they have to realize that it is not the fault of the Companies nor the fault of the people that do not drive that much.

ZephroCarnelian
Funny thing is.... British oil comes from the North Sea.

Yet whenever there's trouble in the middle-east, our prices go up as well...

It's easy to see why people feel they're being mistreated. sad

Blood_Rayne

I wish I had three different ways of getting to work I have to drive about 2 hours to and from work.

WindDancer
Finally, after months of struggling with gas prices I can get the Cadillac outta the garage and into the road.

GCG
Riding motor bikes is far less congestable than driving cars.

PVS
thats great GCG, but some of us have rain...and winter

Blood_Rayne
Originally posted by PVS

Good point

GCG
Originally posted by PVS

I have rain and winter. Roads get slippery, but you have to drive carefully. Otherwise, no matter how careful you can be, the greatest threat is the four wheel drivers.

If you had to live in my country, PVS, you would either give up driving cars, or end up cussing local drivers on a daily basis. Please visit onlyinmalta.com for further information (or should i say awareness) laughing out loud

PVS
you forget im from jersey.
i already do cuss drivers on a daily basis.

and the thought of riding a motorcycle in the winter with assholes in suv's whizzing by me at 80+ miles an hour...not too apealing

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
you forget im from jersey.
i already do cuss drivers on a daily basis.

and the thought of riding a motorcycle in the winter with assholes in suv's whizzing by me at 80+ miles an hour...not too apealing

You're from Jersey? I thought you were from Cali....

Wonder why I thought that?

PVS
beats me

debbiejo
You should of know CF by his accent......Everyone knows a joisey (Jersey) accent...

GCG
Oh its the accent ; I thought it was the accent.

WrathfulDwarf
Bumping the thread to discuss the price of gasoline.

I just paid 3.50 for a gallon of premium. How much are you paying in your neck of the woods?

Dudester
I just paid 3.30 -- outrageous!

botankus
2.89 for 87 grade. I'm sorry if that 'low' price is not exciting enough, but we're usually pretty high.

PVS
premium=arm/leg

dreamaker
I heard that the reason gas jumped up is because the federal emergency reserve ran out. Then again, it's like 70-something a barrel. Is there a correlation there i don't know about?

Soleran
2.74 a gallon regular, its a really good thing the USA has adopted the v-8 till we die philosphy as well as sportutes!

NineCoronas
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Bumping the thread to discuss the price of gasoline.

I just paid 3.50 for a gallon of premium. How much are you paying in your neck of the woods? !!!! 2.49!

Soldner

WrathfulDwarf
I really love my Cadillac. But is like evertime I go around the block my wallet cringes. laughing out loud

Lana
I got my new car literally two days before prices started to skyrocket...which makes me happy. Because it gets about 30 miles to a gallon. $10 lasts me all week, even when it just hit $3 a gallon here.

WrathfulDwarf
Fuel effiency cars are alway a best bet. I may have to re-think about that SUV I been wanting for awhile. I don't really complain but it's wow! I never seen these kind of gas prices before. messed

Soleran
ugh SUV thumbdown

botankus
If prices lower to $2.90 a gallon, my weekly gasoline budget will be all the way down to $81.20!

TheKahn
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/5816/gasprices1tu.th.jpg

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/995/gasprices22vg.th.jpg

debbiejo
^^ laughing out loud

I have a little Prism...used to take about 20 dollars to fill it up.......now the last time it was 29.90... sad
So, I bought a mini bike...............Only cost me $2.00 to fill that baby up!!

jaden101
you yanks have a nerve complaining about fuel prices

after a few quick conversions the UK fuel price is $7.44 per US gallon

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by jaden101

eek! A la velga! That's f*cking expensive, ey.

At least those tiny European box cars use a lot less gas, then say.....a Chevy Silverado.

debbiejo

after a few quick conversions the UK fuel price is $7.44 per US gallon Yeah I know..........It's pretty sickening how much you all pay for gas...........

Still...........We're not used to this.......... sad

spoiled little Americans

botankus

Yeah, but it only takes 2 gallons to drive across the whole country. wink stick out tongue

debbiejo
Yeah.!!! It takes us like 3 or 4 days to drive across ours... messed

botankus
Not sure how they do it in Michigan, Debs, but it takes me at least 2 gallons just to cross all the cow pastures I drive through to get to work, and then 2 hours to make my car cowpie-free afterwards.

debbiejo
I can't even make it from the lower peninsula to the top of the upper peninsula on one tank...........and that is only my state.... mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.