Corran vs. Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
This is not a straight fight or duel. It is who is the overall better Jedi, using skills such as piloting, tactical knowledge, fighting skill(still a part of this, just not the single decinding factor), undercover ability, leadership ability, ect.

Darth Faunus
Those don't apply to who is the better Jedi so much as who is the better, well, ninja/general. In which case Obi-Wan obviously owns them both. wink

Darth_Glentract
I doubt Obi-wan is better than Corran overall.

Corran is a better pilot(or at least as good.)
A slightly better duelist.
Trained detective.
Trained with blasters.
Trained to go undercover.
Led a flight in Rouge Squadron
An okay tactician.

The only place Obi-wan has much of an advantage is in tactical skill.

Luke Is Better
after watching star wars 3 i've been wanting to come back but i had to wait for thread to open up that included some of the characters from episode 3. this gives me as best a chance as any. in my opinion obi-wan is probably (next to yoda) the best OVERALL jedi. he's calm and keeps his head even in emotional situations he's a terrific duelist and can piolet with the best of them. like fannus said (but i don't no if he was serious) obi-wan pwns them both.

SnakeEyes
Are you sure about that dueling part. I know both characters pretty well and I'd say Obi has the edge there.

Darth Faunus
I agree. Corran would fall to either Obi-Wan or Mace in a duel. They are two of the best combatants in an era, and both have had considerably more experience with the Force and lightsaber than Horn. Obi-Wan has nearly 40, and Mace tops 50. 38 and 53, to be exact.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I doubt Obi-wan is better than Corran overall.

Corran is a better pilot(or at least as good.)
A slightly better duelist.
Trained detective.
Trained with blasters.
Trained to go undercover.
Led a flight in Rouge Squadron
An okay tactician.

The only place Obi-wan has much of an advantage is in tactical skill.

*sigh* Some people. . . It was a joke.

I doubt Corran is a pilot of Kenobi's calibre. He learned a hell of a lot from Anakin during their thirteen years together, and that includes the exemplary handling of a starfighter. Obi-Wan is an amazing pilot, probably one of the best the Order has seen in some time. His only proven superiors would be Saesee Tiin and Anakin himself.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. I really shouldn't need to go in-depth about this, so I won't. You should be able to see it for yourself.

What do detective skills have to do with anything? If you meaning 'piecing things together', then Obi-Wan isn't a slouch. I don't think you're giving him any credit.

So what? Obi-Wan can obviously use a blaster with considerable skill, as seen in the Cestus Deception. He carefully places dozens of shots against a group of guards, trying to minimize the casualty rate. Hell, and ARC Trooper commends his shooting.

Was an important General in the Battle of Coruscant.

"This entire operation was your idea, Master."

- Anakin Skywalker

Is an amazing tactician. Led clones into battle on numerous fronts, and was known as one of the greatest heroes of the Clone War.

I think Obi-Wan is the superior Jedi in everything.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I doubt Corran is a pilot of Kenobi's calibre. He learned a hell of a lot from Anakin during their thirteen years together, and that includes the exemplary handling of a starfighter. Obi-Wan is an amazing pilot, probably one of the best the Order has seen in some time. His only proven superiors would be Saesee Tiin and Anakin himself.

You do know that Corran Horn was the best pilot in Rouge Squadron(other than Wedge, perhaps), don't you? Obi-wan was pretty good, but Corran seems a fair bit better here.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. I really shouldn't need to go in-depth about this, so I won't. You should be able to see it for yourself.

I don't think you know enough about Corran to make a proper decision here.

What do detective skills have to do with anything? If you meaning 'piecing things together', then Obi-Wan isn't a slouch. I don't think you're giving him any credit.

Corran has years as a Corsec Officer and put things together about Kun that no one else figured out. I haven't seen much of this from any of the PT Jedi, as even without sensing Sidious in the Force, it should have been rather clear what he was doing.

So what? Obi-Wan can obviously use a blaster with considerable skill, as seen in the Cestus Deception. He carefully places dozens of shots against a group of guards, trying to minimize the casualty rate. Hell, and ARC Trooper commends his shooting.

I didn't know about that, but I'm still pretty sure Corran is better here.

Was an important General in the Battle of Coruscant.

"This entire operation was your idea, Master."

- Anakin Skywalker

Is an amazing tactician. Led clones into battle on numerous fronts, and was known as one of the greatest heroes of the Clone War.

Corran was one of the greatest hero's of the Yuuzhan Vong War until Ithor and then after that he became a huge hero again.

The entire operation to get Sidious was Obi-wans idea, not the entire battle. Obi-wan didn't even get there until near the end.

In any case, Corran was a top Jedi leader during the Yuuzhan Vong War and led many victories against the Empire before that.

I think Obi-Wan is the superior Jedi in everything.

Another joke? stick out tongue

Ianus
Glentract, substantiate your claims. Show us evidence of Corran Horn and contrast it with similar feats of Obi-Wan please. I think Faunus has a better grip on the idea than you give him credit for and it's up to you to prove otherwise. We ALL know Obi-Wan's versatility. Corran Horn however isn't very popular with everyone (Even though he sounds pretty cool)

Darth Faunus
And I believe I know enough about Horn to make an educated decision Glentract. Don't try to down-play my arguments with cheap-shots like that. I don't try to bring up characters that I favor. I try to debate justly and with a clear head, which is more than I can say for many people here.

Darth_Glentract
You do know that Corran Horn was the best pilot in Rouge Squadron(other than Wedge, perhaps), don't you? Obi-wan was pretty good, but Corran seems a fair bit better here.

In many minor engagements, Corran killed mutiple Tie's. What more does this need?

I don't think you know enough about Corran to make a proper decision here.

Faunus, unless you back your statements, don't tell me to.

Corran has years as a Corsec Officer and put things together about Kun that no one else figured out. I haven't seen much of this from any of the PT Jedi, as even without sensing Sidious in the Force, it should have been rather clear what he was doing.

I don't see how this needs explaining.

Corran was one of the greatest hero's of the Yuuzhan Vong War until Ithor and then after that he became a huge hero again.

Doesn't need much explaining.

The entire operation to get Sidious was Obi-wans idea, not the entire battle. Obi-wan didn't even get there until near the end.

It's true.

In any case, Corran was a top Jedi leader during the Yuuzhan Vong War and led many victories against the Empire before that.

Substantiate next to what? Corran was a top Jedi, he fought against some tough crowds, much more than Obi-wan did.

Ianus
Glentract, you just quoted YOURSELF and replied. WTF?

Darth_Glentract
YOu asked me to substantiate and well, I don't know. I just got back in town and haven't slept in a few days. I probably shoudn't be one right now, but whatever.

Ianus
Then I suggest sleeping, because the above post hadn't resolved a thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.