Apocalypse vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Okay how far up the latter does fat lips get he fights them one after another no rest.

Plastic Man(on earth)

Batman /w 3 days prep in Gotham

Aquaman(in Atlantis)

Flash(Keystone City)

Martian Manhunter (in the JLA Watchtower)

GL(Kyle in space)

Wonder Woman (in the Watchtower battle room with all her weapons)

Superman (near the sun)

Draco69
Fat Lips doesn't get past Plastic Man. laughing

Superherovandal
he might lose to Aquaman as his hand heals mutations

Mordum
apacolypse owns them all. He has the advance technologies of the celestials.

Wickerman
He gets beaten by Plastic man..........and i mean BADLY beaten.

~wickerman~

JirK
Originally posted by Wickerman
He gets beaten by Plastic man..........and i mean BADLY beaten.

~wickerman~

ya right, he beats all of them really badly. however, superman near the sun is pushing it though. he will probly lose there.

Wickerman
Originally posted by JirK
ya right, he beats all of them really badly. however, superman near the sun is pushing it though. he will probly lose there.

He ran from a table. Plastic man will murder him. The end.

~wickerman~

JirK
He ran from a table. Plastic man will murder him. The end.

~wickerman~

thats cause the writers wanted to make namor look cool and apoc look like a pussy. pure and simple.

besides i read somewhere that said the table was made some a wood blessed by the power of cyttorak and then made into a harald of galactus then gained the pheonix force.

Wickerman
thats cause the writers wanted to make namor look cool and apoc look like a pussy. pure and simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Man

besides i read somewhere that said the table was made some a wood blessed by the power of cyttorak and then made into a harald of galactus then gained the pheonix force.

laughing The table deserved it thumb up

~wickerman~

JirK
im going to sears later to get my hands on one.

apoc can do anything that plastic man can. but he also has incalcuable strength backing him up. plastic man is screwed.

-JirK-

golem370
He could freeze Plastic Man or Attack his mind or snap him like a Rubber Band in to space

Wickerman
Originally posted by golem370
He could freeze Plastic Man or Attack his mind or snap him like a Rubber Band in to space

PM is not only indestructible but can also take any goddamn shape he wants. He's also immortal unlike Apoc. Immortality + indestructibility tell you something?

Plastic Man is also immune to psychic powers. Who stopped Martian Manhunter when he went all crazyass on the JLA? Superman? No. Wonder Woman? no. Plastic Man did.

Apocalypse ran away from a table. The End.

~wickerman~

golem370
Batman would also get mind attacked and beaten.

He could use Electricty to beat Aqauman.

Apocalpse turn in to a energy Conductor and slow Flash down enough to beat him even if not he could use some kind of energy net to catch flash.

Apocalypse could turn Intangable against Green Lantern and suprise attack him and beat him.

Just like Superman Apocalypse also gaines power from a outside source power.Which he could use to have Magic powers or also attack the mind of Supes or just go toe to toe forever.

golem370
Apocalypse could stop Plastic Man and Crazy Manhunter at the same time.

JirK

Apocalpse turn in to a energy Conductor and slow Flash down enough to beat him even if not he could use some kind of energy net to catch flash.

Apocalypse could turn Intangable against Green Lantern and suprise attack him and beat him.

Just like Superman Apocalypse also gaines power from a outside source power.Which he could use to have Magic powers or also attack the mind of Supes or just go toe to toe forever. ]

what they mean by outside power is thats how he gains extra mass, energy, or strength. apocalypse has no magic. he is far more durable than plastic man and he is immortal also. wickerman is wrong.

Mainstream
obviously some people don't understand Apocalypse main weakness. he has 3 main weakness.....massive magnetic energy, cosmic level attacks, and psonics. what Plastic Man go do to Apocalypse...making him laugh so hard he dies? Batman is the man but without knowledge on Apocalypse or the nessary resouces he's screwed. Aquaman with his hydro hand upgrade...would be the first really challenge..this could go either way..considering Apocaypse would no have Batman and Plastic man has his horsemen with upgrades...remember Apocalypse is a guy who loves to have people serve him after he gives them upgrades...such as when he made Hulk War and War Hulk b*tch slapped Classic Juggie all over the joint. With Batman powered up like some dark vampire and Plastic man amped into some satantic shapeshifter backing Apoc...Aquaman with his hydro hand go down faster than a two legged dog. next comes Martain Mainhunter..usually I'd side with double M...being he's a super telepath..but since Aquaman is no doubt a horseman now with amped up power, not mention Batman and Plas backing Apoc...I'd go with Apoc and his 3 JLA horseman to take down double M...mainly because double M would hold back to much battling against his teammates..where as they wouldn't...next comes GL Kyle Rayner. at this point Apocalypse has four horsemen now...Plastic-man, Batman, Aquaman, and MM...I doubt Kyle would make it and being that Apocaypse never uses 5 horsemen Kyle becomes the first death in this bout. next Wonderman...vs Apoc and the 4 JLA horsemen vs a tall magically chick from an island with a lot of (very likely lesibian) woman. she'd give them hell...but she'd lose 5 against one. finally Apoc his horsemen vs Superman.

two outcomes come to mind

1) Apocalypse and his horsemen are beating the sh*t out of Supes I realize is is near the sun..but remember Apocalypse isn't alone..and he has 4 of Supes teammates with enhanced abilites..two of which are telepaths..even a sun absorbing Supes couldn't over come a double mind wammy, another teammate always has plans to take down his team mates...(remember the tower of Babel storyline?) and Plasticman who could be more difficult to kill than even a sun bathing Kal-El. Superman give it a 110% but he falls and dies a heros death

2) a crappy lame outcome....Superman flies around the earth sending Apocalypse back to the marvel universe and everyone is back to normal...the classic "make the bad guy go away and make everything alright ending...and ending only a half brain dead 4 year old would believe and sadly many people who post on these threads I'm afraid..this is Mainstream reminding you don't do drugs..save your brains cells you may need to use them some day.

JirK
Originally posted by Mainstream
obviously some people don't understand Apocalypse main weakness. he has 3 main weakness.....massive magnetic energy, cosmic level attacks, and psonics. what Plastic Man go do to Apocalypse...making him laugh so hard he dies? Batman is the man but without knowledge on Apocalypse or the nessary resouces he's screwed. Aquaman with his hydro hand upgrade...would be the first really challenge..this could go either way..considering Apocaypse would no have Batman and Plastic man has his horsemen with upgrades...remember Apocalypse is a guy who loves to have people serve him after he gives them upgrades...such as when he made Hulk War and War Hulk b*tch slapped Classic Juggie all over the joint. With Batman powered up like some dark vampire and Plastic man amped into some satantic shapeshifter backing Apoc...Aquaman with his hydro hand go down faster than a two legged dog. next comes Martain Mainhunter..usually I'd side with double M...being he's a super telepath..but since Aquaman is no doubt a horseman now with amped up power, not mention Batman and Plas backing Apoc...I'd go with Apoc and his 3 JLA horseman to take down double M...mainly because double M would hold back to much battling against his teammates..where as they wouldn't...next comes GL Kyle Rayner. at this point Apocalypse has four horsemen now...Plastic-man, Batman, Aquaman, and MM...I doubt Kyle would make it and being that Apocaypse never uses 5 horsemen Kyle becomes the first death in this bout. next Wonderman...vs Apoc and the 4 JLA horsemen vs a tall magically chick from an island with a lot of (very likely lesibian) woman. she'd give them hell...but she'd lose 5 against one. finally Apoc his horsemen vs Superman.

1) Apocalypse and his horsemen are beating the sh*t out of Supes I realize is is near the sun..but remember Apocalypse isn't alone..and he has 4 of Supes teammates with enhanced abilites..two of which are telepaths..even a sun absorbing Supes couldn't over come a double mind wammy, another teammate always has plans to take down his team mates...(remember the tower of Babel storyline?) and Plasticman who could be more difficult to kill than even a sun bathing Kal-El. Superman give it a 110% but he falls and dies a heros death

2) a crappy lame outcome....Superman flies around the earth sending Apocalypse back to the marvel universe and everyone is back to normal...the classic "make the bad guy go away and make everything alright ending...and ending only a half brain dead 4 year old would believe and sadly many people who post on these threads I'm afraid..this is Mainstream reminding you don't do drugs..save your brains cells you may need to use them some day.

he is not weak to psionics, xavier touched his mind once and went into shock right on contact. and that is xavier, the best one there is. magneto only beat him with magnetism because the writers could come up with anything better. age of apocalypse is the worst x-men storyline i have ever read in my life. cosmic level attacks are unavailible to this jla team.

golem370
Plus it says in his power bio his power soruce can give him any superhuman power meaning magic.

JirK
Plus it says in his power bio his power soruce can give him any superhuman power meaning magic.

any physical power. apoc is the true god of physical power in my book. but he has no magic.

Mainstream
he is not weak to psionics, xavier touched his mind once and went into shock right on contact. and that is xavier, the best one there is. magneto only beat him with magnetism because the writers could come up with anything better. age of apocalypse is the worst x-men storyline i have ever read in my life. cosmic level attacks are unavailible to this jla team.

psonic energy attacks can harm him (Cable, Stfyfe, Jean Grey)

as for AoA...X-man was fighting Apoc before Magneto got there..meaning Magneto didn't completely beat Apoc on his own.

don't worry people who believe Apoc could be beating by Magneto probably believe in the tooth fairy and the easter bunny happyface

but all in all my Apoc beating the JLA (one by one anyway) is pretty sound.

xmarksthespot
Plus it says in his power bio his power soruce can give him any superhuman power meaning magic. What the f**k? are you talking about...

And Mainstream he doesn't get Horsemen. He doesn't even get time between each fight.

Wickerman

Just like Superman Apocalypse also gaines power from a outside source power.Which he could use to have Magic powers or also attack the mind of Supes or just go toe to toe forever.

Batman has backup plans against any of the JLA members, and therefore their powers as well. Don't even try to compare MM's level of power to Apocalypse.

Show me when Apocalypse has turned into anything as complex as an energy Conductor. Cause if he could've done something like that he could've beaten Magneto (a MUCH WEAKER MAGNETO) in AoA instead of get ripped in half. Truth is his powers are exaggerated in bios but not proved by feats. The more likely is that Flash touches him, since Apocalypse does NOT have lightspeed reflexes, steals his speed and good ol' Apoc is stuck with no kinetic motion whatsoever.

Apocalypse has turned Intangible? confused must've not seen it. You sure he's done that? Well.....either way, the Green Lantern ring would protect the user most likely.

He can get magic powers??? What the f**k?

And you still haven't said how he'd beat Plastic Man.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What the f**k? are you talking about...

And Mainstream he doesn't get Horsemen. He doesn't even get time between each fight.

wickedph I heard ya yo

Avalonofthewind
Plastic man stalemates or beats him.
Batman w/3 days prep? Apoc is done for.
Anyone else on that list toys with him.

Wickerman

He does NOT get horsemen, seeing as how it's not stipulated in the OP.

~wickerman~

Wickerman

He's never been shown to do anything like what his Bios say. Feat-wise, he's screwed. He ran away from a table, was killed by Magneto, was killed by Black Bolt.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
Apoc vs Plasticman? come on Apoc could stomp, smash, fry, rip, crush, shake, bake, throw him into the sun, teleport him into an ocean, eat him, sh*t him into a sewer, need I say more?

Batman could have 3 years of prep and still come up not last more than 5 minutes. and GL Kyle...Apocalyspe vs a cartoonist with a magic ring..for the love of Egypt...Apocalypse defeated by him....that's why I don't do drugs...thugs are just boys that need love and hugs...wickedph

Wickerman
Apoc vs Plasticman? come on Apoc could stomp, smash, fry, rip, crush, shake, bake, throw him into the sun, teleport him into an ocean, eat him, sh*t him into a sewer, need I say more?

Batman could have 3 years of prep and still come up not last more than 5 minutes. and GL Kyle...Apocalyspe vs a cartoonist with a magic ring..for the love of Egypt...Apocalypse defeated by him....that's why I don't do drugs...thugs are just boys that need love and hugs...wickedph

Stomping Plastic man would be incredibly difficult, not only due to his agility, but also due to the fact that it wouldn't hurt PM in any way. Furthermore, if Apoc decides to Stomp PM, PM can just turn into a huge thorn that would pierce Apoc's leg. Smashing would be equally difficult, given the fact that Plastic man is INVULNERABLE. Hell, PM could just go into Apoc's mouth, all the way inside Apoc and start expanding. Bye bye Apoc. He's never fried a damn thing in his life. I think Apoc's even scared of french fries. They might throw a table at him roll eyes (sarcastic) . He can't rip Plastic Man. PM hasn't been ripped or anything. He's INVULNERABLE. Not a hard concept to understand. Apoc instead has been ripped before by sufficient force. The crushing and shaking wouldn't really do much stick out tongue . Show me where Apoc's shown the strength to throw someone into the sun. Show me where Apoc's shown the ability to teleport anyone anywhere. And plus, the ocean wouldn't really bother PM. If he decides to eat him, he;d die. Apocalypse loses to Plastic Man. Plus, PM IS immortal. Apocalypse ages slowly. BIG difference.

The others would also annihilate Apocalypse.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
Stomping Plastic man would be incredibly difficult, not only due to his agility, but also due to the fact that it wouldn't hurt PM in any way. Furthermore, if Apoc decides to Stomp PM, PM can just turn into a huge thorn that would pierce Apoc's leg. Smashing would be equally difficult, given the fact that Plastic man is INVULNERABLE. Hell, PM could just go into Apoc's mouth, all the way inside Apoc and start expanding. Bye bye Apoc. He's never fried a damn thing in his life. I think Apoc's even scared of french fries. They might throw a table at him roll eyes (sarcastic) . He can't rip Plastic Man. PM hasn't been ripped or anything. He's INVULNERABLE. Not a hard concept to understand. Apoc instead has been ripped before by sufficient force. The crushing and shaking wouldn't really do much stick out tongue . Show me where Apoc's shown the strength to throw someone into the sun. Show me where Apoc's shown the ability to teleport anyone anywhere. And plus, the ocean wouldn't really bother PM. If he decides to eat him, he;d die. Apocalypse loses to Plastic Man. Plus, PM IS immortal. Apocalypse ages slowly. BIG difference.

The others would also annihilate Apocalypse.

~wickerman~

or would they considering Apocalyse has the following abilities and talents

Apocalypse was one of the most physically powerful beings on Earth. Thanks to the Celestial technology's modifications to his body, he could alter the molecular structure of his body at will in order to change his form. Using this he could alter his appearance or the size of his body; transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons and grant himself superhuman strength. He also can generate energy, thanks to a combination of his mutant power and the Celestial technology in his body. He can use this energy to levitate himself and others, create force fields, and project bursts of concussive force, and can augment himself further by drawing on various outside energy sources. Apocalypse has demonstrated the ability to teleport himself and other beings.

Finally, he was unaging. Even before being modified by the Celestial ship, he lived for thousands of years and was highly resistant to injury. With the Celestial modifications, this resistance to harm was amplified, although it is still possible, albeit highly difficult, to cause him injury that would not be immediately regenerated by his power. Should he suffer massive injuries that prove potentially fatal, he can enter a coma-like state of suspended animation during which he may recover from his wounds with the assistance of his Celestial technology.

In the future timeline from which Cable hails, Apocalypse's physical form had grown too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he transferred his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grew too old to contain his power. This alternate future version of Apocalypse was ultimately defeated in transit from a depreciated body into a potential host body. Shortly before he transferred himself into Cyclops, he revealed that he was in a host body in the present day - it is not entirely clear when this happened, but the most likely time is when he appeared to die on the moon.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse was also extraordinarily intelligent, with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials he was exposed to.

last time I checked metal (the stuff that Apocalyspe wears) was more powerful than plastic..the stuff Plastic man is made of..which is how he got his name I suppsect....but I have been wrong once or twice in my long existance kool-msn

xmarksthespot
Umm... you've posted that before and every time you do I have to point out that he didn't live for thousands of years before being modified, and if I recall he periodically hibernates which is how he has stayed alive as long as he has. He isn't an External, he isn't immortal. Also I can't think of any instances of him teleporting himself or others under his own power.

Avalonofthewind

Current Kyle would absolutely stomp Apoc.
3 Days of prep is more than enough for Batman.
Plasticman would still beat or stalemate him.

Mainstream
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Umm... you've posted that before and every time you do I have to point out that he didn't live for thousands of years before being modified, and if I recall he periodically hibernates which is how he has stayed alive as long as he has. He isn't an External, he isn't immortal. Also I can't think of any instances of him teleporting himself or others under his own power. talking against the stats of lord Apocalypse dear child?!

you realize this is treason kool-msn

Wickerman
or would they considering Apocalyse has the following abilities and talents

Apocalypse was one of the most physically powerful beings on Earth. Thanks to the Celestial technology's modifications to his body, he could alter the molecular structure of his body at will in order to change his form. Using this he could alter his appearance or the size of his body; transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons and grant himself superhuman strength. He also can generate energy, thanks to a combination of his mutant power and the Celestial technology in his body. He can use this energy to levitate himself and others, create force fields, and project bursts of concussive force, and can augment himself further by drawing on various outside energy sources. Apocalypse has demonstrated the ability to teleport himself and other beings.

Finally, he was unaging. Even before being modified by the Celestial ship, he lived for thousands of years and was highly resistant to injury. With the Celestial modifications, this resistance to harm was amplified, although it is still possible, albeit highly difficult, to cause him injury that would not be immediately regenerated by his power. Should he suffer massive injuries that prove potentially fatal, he can enter a coma-like state of suspended animation during which he may recover from his wounds with the assistance of his Celestial technology.

In the future timeline from which Cable hails, Apocalypse's physical form had grown too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he transferred his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grew too old to contain his power. This alternate future version of Apocalypse was ultimately defeated in transit from a depreciated body into a potential host body. Shortly before he transferred himself into Cyclops, he revealed that he was in a host body in the present day - it is not entirely clear when this happened, but the most likely time is when he appeared to die on the moon.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse was also extraordinarily intelligent, with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials he was exposed to.

last time I checked metal (the stuff that Apocalyspe wears) was more powerful than plastic..the stuff Plastic man is made of..which is how he got his name I suppsect....but I have been wrong once or twice in my long existance kool-msn

Nice copy/paste skillz stick out tongue . Now tell me how he's going to beat Plastic Man. And give me some more tangible methods than the ol' "stomping" one. Also, feel free to post impressive feats by Apoc. I like ya mainstream, a lot, but you can't win this one. I still don't understand why you like Apocalypse so much erm

~wickerman~

xmarksthespot
I still don't understand why you like Apocalypse so much erm

~wickerman~ I still don't understand why anyone would like Apocalypse so much... shifty

Mainstream
because he always comes back..he's continuted existance is proof enough of his assured victory...."but Apocalypse is dead..or is he...

Apocalypse has been recently confirmed to return in 2006. Nick Lowe said on the character's return, "Apocalypse has always been the proponent of mutantkind and it's mutantkind's darkest hour. Is he a villain or is a savior?"

Apocalyspe: I SHALL RETUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!

Cable: and I'll be waiting?

Apocalypse: you gonna kill me again?

Cable: maybe..you gonna see that new 50-cent movie?

Apocalypse: hell nall the guys a muscle bound monkey with no talent what so ever.

Cable: for once we agree on something.

eekwave

I forgot Plastic man has that super plastic punch that destroyes anyone it hits Apoc is screwed lol

Wickerman
because he always comes back..he's continuted existance is proof enough of his assured victory...."but Apocalypse is dead..or is he...

Apocalypse has been recently confirmed to return in 2006. Nick Lowe said on the character's return, "Apocalypse has always been the proponent of mutantkind and it's mutantkind's darkest hour. Is he a villain or is a savior?"

Apocalyspe: I SHALL RETUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!

Cable: and I'll be waiting?

Apocalypse: you gonna kill me again?

Cable: maybe..you gonna see that new 50-cent movie?

Apocalypse: hell nall the guys a muscle bound monkey with no talent what so ever.

Cable: for once we agree on something.

eekwave

I forgot Plastic man has that super plastic punch that destroyes anyone it hits Apoc is screwed lol

Poor Apocalypse is a joke to the entire villain community. He's a lot like the common cold. In a healthy organism, it f*cks it up for a week or so, but then loses to chicken soup and vitamins. No matter how many times it comes back it always loses. Now, the AoA situation is much like an organism that's been infected with HIV. Having an incredibly weak immune system, the common cold, a joke to other environments, can be devastating.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
just wait until 2006.....and why do people always say Apocalypse is a villian..he's about as evil as Superman.

Wickerman
just wait until 2006.....and why do people always say Apocalypse is a villian..he's about as evil as Superman.

There's heroes, villains, and anti-heroes. The only category Apocalypse fits into is the villains. His "culling of the weak" is AOK if you're a fan of Hitler.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
There's heroes, villains, and anti-heroes. The only category Apocalypse fits into is the villains. His "culling of the weak" is AOK if you're a fan of Hitler.

~wickerman~

phsleepingpillow

illadelph12
I see Apoc getting to Flash, possibly Manhunter, but not much further. If Apoc fights each member in succession (and I'm assuming he knows that going into battle since that's the fight stipulation), he'd have a battle plan. And since in the forum he is going all out and has common knowledge of his opponents, the first two combatants at least are severely outclassed.

First, let me dispell a myth: Apoc is not severely weak to psionics.

The occurence that harmed him through psionic manipulation was in The Twelve storyline when he tried to take X-man's body as his new host, combined with the powers of all of the members of the Twelve (Living Monolith, Jean, Magneto, etc), and his plans got thwarted and he wound up partially inhabitting Cyclop's body. In this state, Apocalypse had not fully integrated his essence into the host body and his psyche and Cyclop's psyche were fighting for dominance within Cyclops's body. Cyclops was able to assert his psyche through the help of Jean and Cable, and they "excorcised" Apocalypse's psyche from Cyclops' body, then Cable impaled Apocalypse's disembodied psyche on his scimitar and "killed" him (though he's not actually dead).

Other than this occurence, Apoc has very good defenses against psionic manipulation, and even has psionic counter measures that cause severe feedback in telepaths attempting to enter his mind (Professor X).

Under normal circumstances, when Apoc's essence is fully integrated into his body, he has a high degree of defense against psionic manipulation.

Now, fighting Plasticman Apoc has a decisive advantage. Plasticman has been knocked out by Batman (Dark Knight Strikes again), he simply can't die, and also, Plastic man was ripped in half by Doomsday in Doomsday Wars. Plasticman is not a tecnhnoorganic metamorph as Apocalypse is either, meaning, unlike Apoc, he can't mimic advanced machinery, like turning his arm into energy weapons. Apoc can match any of Plasticman's shapeshifting feats, but he can also create forcefields, teleport, create plasma blasters from his arms, etc. The thead maker didn't stipulate this being a deathmatch, so I'm assuming a K.O. accounts for a victory.

Knowing that Batman is next, a simple teleport, snapping of human neck, and teleporting again will suffice. All the prep in the world won't stop Batman from being human.

Aquaman is outclassed. He's strong, but not in Apoc's league. Apoc has better ranged attacks, can teleport, fly, shapeshift, and Aquaman is not of such a high degree psionically that he would take Apoc.

With Flash, the catch is once Batman falls, Flash will be right on Apoc's ass with an IMP. Now, Apoc will know Flash is next, but he will know Flash's powers. His best bet is to teleport the moment Batman falls, or even teleport with Batman out of Flash's line of sight. It's going to be very hard for Apoc to land a blow on Flash. His best bet is teleporting somewhere where he'll get a moment to increase his density exponentially and morph a part of his body into a propulsion drive of a space ship and go airborne. Even then, through manipulation of the Speed Force, Flash could just stop him in his tracks, then cause his body to age rapidly, or vibrate through him and attack his molecular cohesion.

Either way, I see him stopped at Flash, and if in a freak occurence he were to beat Flash, I see MM and Apoc as a stalemate, or Manhunter would eventually get through Apoc's psychic defenses and down him.

Also, with the prep Batman gets, he's still on DC Earth (Gotham) as stipulated in this battle, and the forum rules state that characters in battle all have the common knowledge that their opponents planet of origin has of the character. On Marvel Earth, Apocalypse's full range of abilities is not common knowledge. To the contrary, everyone on DC Earth knows about Flash since he's basically a celebrity, so Batman's prep would be very limited. Only common knowledge of Apoc is that he's a seemingly immortal mutant shapeshifter. Batman wouldn't know about the Celestial tech and most of Apoc's other abilities.

Against Flash they wouldn't be of much consequence though.

Mainstream
thanks for clearing up that psonic thing and how he'd defeat plasticman stuff too you da man...I had forgot when Jean and Cable beat him he wasn't in his body...silly me.

illadelph12
Also, if he fights Batman in Gotham, and Aquaman in Atlantis, then Flash in Keystone, does he somehow get instantly teleported to each location, or does he fly there under his own power?

Mainstream
Originally posted by illadelph12
Also, if he fights Batman in Gotham, and Aquaman in Atlantis, then Flash in Keystone, does he somehow get instantly teleported to each location, or does he fly there under his own power?

heck if I know I figure the JLA got him plane that takes him around lol

grey fox
I hate Apocalypse , he's like one of those guy's you knew in high-school who would bullshit all the time just to get attention

Apocalypse : I am the all powerful saviour of mutant kind

Superman : Yeah right (kills him in five seconds)

Mainstream
Originally posted by grey fox
I hate Apocalypse , he's like one of those guy's you knew in high-school who would bullshit all the time just to get attention

Apocalypse : I am the all powerful saviour of mutant kind

Superman : Yeah right (kills him in five seconds) killing someone who can't die...I'm quite certain this is impossible.

Immortality, complete control over his body's molecular structure, granting him energy blasts enough to flatten cities, unlimited strength, toughness, the ability to shapeshift, vary his size to grow as large as he wants, teleportation, flight, and the ability to generate impregnable force fields.

translation...Superman is Super f**ked if he was stupid enough to fight Apocalypse... and remember what Cable says: Plasma guns don't kill mutants..plasma energy does.

Zarathustra
Now, fighting Plasticman Apoc has a decisive advantage. Plasticman has been knocked out by Batman (Dark Knight Strikes again), he simply can't die, and also, Plastic man was ripped in half by Doomsday in Doomsday Wars.

In The Dark Knight Strikes Again Superman and Wonderwoman had a daughter and Dick Grayson was a shapeshifting immortal: not exactly compelling evidence. Even so, PM was never knocked out. He got punched in the face by Batman and that was it, thereafter he calmed down and stopped lashing out at the group around him. He never lost consciousness: he hardly even felt it and it sure didn't slow him down. It's like in a thousand examples where a character gets slapped to "snap him out of it": there's absolutely no harm done.
Plenty of things happen to Plastic Man: he gets his head blown off, torn up, whatever. These things simply don't slow him down: he immediately pulls himself together and keeps on being a pain in the neck. He's incapacitated if he's frozen (a la Tower of Babel), but I'm not aware that Apocalypse can do that at will.

Wickerman
killing someone who can't die...I'm quite certain this is impossible.

Immortality, complete control over his body's molecular structure, granting him energy blasts enough to flatten cities, unlimited strength, toughness, the ability to shapeshift, vary his size to grow as large as he wants, teleportation, flight, and the ability to generate impregnable force fields.

translation...Superman is Super f**ked if he was stupid enough to fight Apocalypse... and remember what Cable says: Plasma guns don't kill mutants..plasma energy does.

Apocalypse can die, as proved by:

1. The whole AoA thing
2. The HoM BB thing
3. The fact that he needed new bodies in order to not die.

Apocalypse is not immortal, he ages slowly. THERE IS QUITE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. If he had complete control over his body's molecular structure, Magneto wouldn't have ripped him in half and BB's scream wouldn't have erased him. I've never seen his blast anywhere near the powerful, but feel free to prove me wrong. I really am not sure about the unlimited strength thing. Never seen any evidence of extreme versatility when it came to shapechanging, show me the largest he's been vs. the smallest he's been. Show me when he teleported. Not saying he hasn't, but show me at least an instance. He levitates, not flies (AFAIK), and as for his impregnable force fields.......a bedtime story.

Question to all the Apocalypse fans:

If he has teleportation, force fields and unlimited strength and durability, then why did he lose to Namor, why did he run away from a table, why did he lose to Magneto?

~wickerman~

Mainstream
AoA was bull...Xman Nate Grey fought Apoc before Magneto go there...Xman did most of the work..Magneto finished him off...and if Magneto could have destroyed Apocalype why didn't he do so before Apoc took over the world? the whole storyline had more holes in it than a swiss cheese factory.

House of M thing was bull too...in the regular marvel universe Black Bolt screamed at Apoc did nothing..yet I'm suppose to believe black Bolt nearly destroys him in a la la land world?

and yes Apoc can teleport..he's way above Nightcrawler..but below Loki

my theories on Apoc senseless defeats....Apocalypse is a full range character with various powers..writers tend to fought that and have him get beat in ways he shouldn't...Martain Manhunter had the same problem in the Justice Cartoon Series...he too is a full range character who got beat..but shouldn't have because of his powers. I mean Namor beating Apocalypse with a table...who wrote it a half brain dead monkey in a zoo? is it Apocalypse fough the people who write him forget about all his powers and skills at his beck and call?

aaaaaand in case you think I'm making up the power to teleport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_%28comics%29

like a said wait until 2006!!!!!!!

Superherovandal
what they need to do is totally revamp Apocalypse and redefine his powers and limits and whatnot. they need to improve him very much. They should use HOM to improve him alot. Make set limits and stop with the jobbering.

illadelph12
Because he's a comic book villain, which means he jobs for whoever the writers want him to job for. He doesn't have that problem here on the forums.

I don't have my comic books or a scanner here at work, so I can't really post scans. I'll leave that up to someone else.

If you know how Black Bolt's powers work, as well as Magneto's, you know how Apoc loses to them. Apocalypse has control over his atomic structure, but the bonds that keep them cohesive (as well as all matter)is electromagnetic, which plays right into BB and Mags hands, as well as any other high end energy manipulator.

If you can effect polarity or break down matter along the electrons, you can beat Apocalypse:

Unless written not to.

Wickerman
Because he's a comic book villain, which means he jobs for whoever the writers want him to job for. He doesn't have that problem here on the forums.

I don't have my comic books or a scanner here at work, so I can't really post scans. I'll leave that up to someone else.

If you know how Black Bolt's powers work, as well as Magneto's, you know how Apoc loses to them. Apocalypse has control over his atomic structure, but the bonds that keep them cohesive (as well as all matter)is electromagnetic, which plays right into BB and Mags hands, as well as any other high end energy manipulator.

If you can effect polarity or break down matter along the electrons, you can beat Apocalypse:

Unless written not to.

Mainstream was arguing that he has complete molecular control. Which he doesn't as has been seen. The unknown particle BB creates that interacts with electrons annihilated Apocalypse. The magnetism from a Magneto that was not only weaker than 616 magneto but also had been tortured intensively for quite some time broke him up.
Therefore, he has great molecular control, but not as strong as people may think.

And i disagree, just the fact that he's the bad guy doesn't mean he always loses. Not all villains always lose. He;s all hype.

~wickerman~

illadelph12
Bad guys may win battles, but they lose wars. Apoc has victories and he has losses, like any villain. You can't hold it against him.

Here on the forum, the fact he lost to a flying table carries as much weight as Dr. Doom losing to Squirrel Girl.

Here, it's abilities vs. abilities, not purely comic book feats vs. comic book feats. That's all I'm saying man.

For an example, check out my Hulk vs. Cloak & Dagger thread.

Too many times people cast their opinions based on a character's reputation rather than looking at what each opponent can actually do with their powers versus their opposition.

Effecting polarity and electrons is sub-atomic. Magneto, even tortured, could lash out and strike decisively with adverse polarities. That just happens to be one of Apocalypse's few weaknesses.

David killed Goliath.

Wickerman
Bad guys may win battles, but they lose wars. Apoc has victories and he has losses, like any villain. You can't hold it against him.

Here on the forum, the fact he lost to a flying table carries as much weight as Dr. Doom losing to Squirrel Girl.

Here, it's abilities vs. abilities, not purely comic book feats vs. comic book feats. That's all I'm saying man.

For an example, check out my Hulk vs. Cloak & Dagger thread.

Too many times people cast their opinions based on a character's reputation rather than looking at what each opponent can actually do with their powers versus their opposition.

Effecting polarity and electrons is sub-atomic. Magneto, even tortured, could lash out and strike decisively with adverse polarities. That just happens to be one of Apocalypse's few weaknesses.

David killed Goliath.

I agree, but you can't look individually to stats or individually to feats. There must be feats that prove the stats, otherwise it's just words.

~wickerman~

Hegemon875
Now, fighting Plasticman Apoc has a decisive advantage. Plasticman has been knocked out by Batman (Dark Knight Strikes again), he simply can't die, and also, Plastic man was ripped in half by Doomsday in Doomsday Wars.

Correct if Im wrong but DK and DK strikes again are elseworlds arent they?

illadelph12
Yeah, but even then, people interpret what happens in comics differently. For instance, the whole War Hulk vs. Juggernaut debate. In other instances, people discount occurences altogether as either PIS, or the writer being a hack, so even using comic occurences gets disputed. Apoc can run from a table in one comic, but then mow through a throng of X-Men in a weakened state in another, or defeat Eternals in another.

Personally, I just look at abilities.

Pushing War World through space, taking a 1,000,000 megaton nuke to the chin, or bracing a 250,000,000,000 ton mountain won't save you in a fight when your opponent eats souls or can't be harmed physically because they're an energy being, regardless of lacking similar or superior feats.

In the end, it's all just words.

Abortion
I don't think Plastic man is actually indestructible. I have one issue of Green Lantern (IIRC #116 Plastic Man Stretched To The Limits!) The Supplier has him on a rack of spikes which pierce him. However, once off the spikes, he heals in the same panel.

So, in theory, Poccy could tear him up. It'd take a while and probably piss Mr. Apocalypse off, but in the end, Apoc would take it.

Batman gets beaten pretty badly.

Even in Atlantis, Apocalypse could still take Aquaman down. Shouldn't be much trouble.

Flash might end it for Poccy. If he can survive a speed blitz, he'll take it, because he only really has to hit Wally once.

MM doesn't have anything he can't handle.

He goes down at Kyle. Can he fly through space? Kyle's constructs, energy blasts, and shields would be enough to put an already beat-up Apocalypse down for the count.

LethalFemme
Damn he didn't get anywhere near Wonder Woman or Superman. No love for pocie? laughing

Avalonofthewind
Someone said that Apocalypse can match Plasticmans shapeshifting?
Highly unlikely.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/plasticmorph.jpg

LethalFemme
So he dies a bitter death?

ImmortalOne
Plastic Man is probably the character with the most unlocked potential in JLA

illadelph12
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Someone said that Apocalypse can match Plasticmans shapeshifting?
Highly unlikely.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/plasticmorph.jpg

Can Plastic Man turn into a space ship with an operating prepulsion drive Av?

And I can't see the pic.

Abortion
I like Apocalypse but from what I've seen he isn't much higher than Superman in power and Supes would probably go down once he got to the Manhunter.

Avalonofthewind

And I can't see the pic.

I don't see why not...the guy has turned into cars, whole rooms, a cave, a giant can of bug spray that somehow had aerosol in it....etc
Can Apocalypse reverse being magically transmuted by a goddess?

What do you mean that you can't see the pic? It's not clear, are you getting a placeholder? Let me know.

Someone also falsely stated that he has to keep his colors..which is false...he mimicked the joker perfectly.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I don't see why not...the guy has turned into cars, whole rooms, a cave....

What do you mean that you can't see the pic? It's not clear, are you getting a placeholder? Let me know.

Someone also falsely stated that he has to keep his colors..which is false...he mimicked the joker perfectly.

It was me. But i think he does have to keep his colors. When did he mimic the joker? in that elseworld comic?

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler

He's turned into a car.

Avalonofthewind
It was me. But i think he does have to keep his colors. When did he mimic the joker? in that elseworld comic?

~wickerman~

In Rock of Ages, he was the joker. There was no sign of his colors whatsover..he did a perfect job.

Maybe it just requires more effort to change colors?

DarkCrawler
Plastic Man is the first stretching character in comics. smile

Wickerman
Aaaah i see. Yeah, he probably needs a lot more concentration. or maybe he doesn't, but knows how powerful he is so he doesn't really care laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.