Asgardian destroyer vs Sundipped Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman302
Im going with supes on this one what do yall thing? embarrasment

grey fox
Destroyer cannot be defeated. Supes on the otherhand can .

ZephroCarnelian
It depends on who's powering the Destroyer.

It's fighting ability depends on who's 'inhabiting' it.

Regardless - I don't think Supes will beat it since it's MAGICAL!!!

The Ion
Destroyer.

Mindship
Superman doesnt have any particular weakness to magic. He's simply vulnerable to it the way you and I are. It doesnt mean his powers are automatically neutralized by it (unless that is the spells' intent). If they were, then he wouldn't stand a ghost of a chance against Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel, whose powers are also magic-based.

Again, I start with the Destroyer's knowledge of Superman. Would it know enough to use red-sun radiation or kryptonite? This, of course, would depend on who is animating the Destroyer. IMO, the ultimate animator - especially against Superman - would be Batman.

Bat-Destroyer would pretty much kick anyone's butt.

ZephroCarnelian
lol. Yup.

Howver - Mindship, Supes' powers aren't negated by magic but his invulnerability IS.

A beam of any magical energy fired from Destroyer will negate his invulnerablity and cause him injury or death.

That's why Mjolnir hurts him so much.

And Cap Marvels punches. smile

Mindship
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
lol. Yup.

Howver - Mindship, Supes' powers aren't negated by magic but his invulnerability IS.

A beam of any magical energy fired from Destroyer will negate his invulnerablity and cause him injury or death.

That's why Mjolnir hurts him so much.

And Cap Marvels punches. smile

H'mm Just his invulnerability? How conveeeenient wink
Neither was I aware Destroyer can fire magical energy - well, live and learn book

At some point, it would probably be helpful (at least to me) if DC and/or Marvel defined what they mean by "magic," since I generally interpret it as meaning an influence that can pretty much do whatever the wielder (writer?) wants.

BobbyD
I don't think sundipped is enough to take out AD.

Maybe the fight just lasts a little longer?

grey fox
I doubt it , after all asgardian destroyer is near enough saturted in magic . So I'm guessing one disintegrate beam and BOOM no more supes.

Avalonofthewind
The destroyer is extremely powerful, but the again so is Sundipped supes. They never even tried to go into his limits, or weaknesses, so how are people making a decision?

Swanky-Tuna
This is kind of like that thread a "Swanky-Tuna vs a parked car"

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This is kind of like that thread a "Swanky-Tuna vs a parked car"

That would be an interesting matchup.

ImmortalOne
Swanky will loose though..... he uses his head as a weapon!!

I dont know how long Supez has dipped ??

Swanky-Tuna
I would break the window then sell the cds inside and use the money to buy a tool kit then sell the parts until it was gone. I win!

doctorstrongbad
Asgardian destroyer would defeat any superman.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Asgardian destroyer would defeat any superman.

Yep.

It could even beat PreC Supes.

Supes just doesn't like magic.

Action Comics 585: (Talking to Phantom Stranger) "I just got finished with one magical menace, and as usual, found I'm no more invulnerable to the forces of magic than any other mortal!"

Asgardian Destroyer is a magical creation. It's blasts will destroy Superman.

His strength, even when sundipped, will not be enough to stop it.

Only PreC Superman, by using an IHP or somesuch would have a chance at stopping it.

Current Supes would lose very badly.

Ex11B
Asgardian Destroyer is a freakin' beast....

OneDumbG0
You guys are forgetting the Destroyer's greatest capability. When his face-plate opens, legend says that the ensuing blast can end the world. Back in 'Heroes Reborn,' he literally killed Thor when he cracked it open just a lil bit. Loki forced Hela to bring him back to life.

In that way, it's kind of like Black Bolt screaming to the Nth degree. BTW, I think Superman's invulnerability being completely neutralized by magic is up to debate. A magical baseball thrown at 90 mph would cause Superman's skull to crack if this really holds true. Yes,... there have been times when a mere flick of a magical knife has caused him to bleed, but then you turn around and Thor chucks Mjolnir at full force and he merely responds with a "Ghhuu-hhhuuuhhh!!!!!" I mean, if he is as vulnerable as a mortal, that Mjolnir strike would have splattered his face like a normal person's would have been.

Anybody have any ideas? I've got a few theories for this 'No-Prize,' but I'd like to hear other people's theories on this.

Ultimate Hulk43
Superman

the Darkone
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
:wtfmesseduperman

Destroyer can kill skyfather level beings, Destroyer is a f**king beast it killed thor with the distentergration beam what the f**k you think it will do too superman. Superman will get the worst beating of his life regardless if he is sundipped, Remember The Destroyer was created to kill Celestials.

Avalonofthewind
So can Mageddon, a weapon designed to kill gods and the primordial annihalator.
Supes absorbed the warhead just fine, making that a hell of a feat.
Sundipped Supes was the only one able to destroy the imperiex powered up B13 tendrils with his cosmic flames alone, even Steel in the Entropy Aegis was having problems with those, and they penetrated regular supes as well.

In Sundipped form, nobody knows what the hell supes capabilities/weaknesses are. Don't assume it's just superman a little stronger.

crazylozer
The amount of time spent dipping has a huge effect too. If say supes stayed there for a couple hundred years, well, super speed suddenly becomes time ripping.

yahman
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
You guys are forgetting the Destroyer's greatest capability. When his face-plate opens, legend says that the ensuing blast can end the world. Back in 'Heroes Reborn,' he literally killed Thor when he cracked it open just a lil bit. Loki forced Hela to bring him back to life.

In that way, it's kind of like Black Bolt screaming to the Nth degree. BTW, I think Superman's invulnerability being completely neutralized by magic is up to debate. A magical baseball thrown at 90 mph would cause Superman's skull to crack if this really holds true. Yes,... there have been times when a mere flick of a magical knife has caused him to bleed, but then you turn around and Thor chucks Mjolnir at full force and he merely responds with a "Ghhuu-hhhuuuhhh!!!!!" I mean, if he is as vulnerable as a mortal, that Mjolnir strike would have splattered his face like a normal person's would have been.

Anybody have any ideas? I've got a few theories for this 'No-Prize,' but I'd like to hear other people's theories on this.

I disagree !!!!!!!! A full blast was directed at King Thor, and he barely flinched. I doubt Thor would be standing after the full force of BB's scream smile

Darth_Erebus
This could be either Superman Prime or Pre crisis Superman and it would make no difference, the Destroyer would kill him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.