General Grievous and IG-100(x2) vs. Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB- 1138
General Grievous with two IG-100 Mangadroids vs. Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin. Who would win this battle?

kamikz
Lol there are too many combatents on one side. I bet General Grievous would be able to take Sasse and Agen on his own and Kit has no chance in hell to survive the droids. 2 of them kept Obi and Anakin buisy for a little while and they are better than any of these combatenst. The jedi are owned.

ESB- 1138
I agree 100%

Darth Faunus
Erm, Kit defeated two MagnaGuards simultaneously in LOE. With a style that., might I add, has awed even Obi-Wan and Mace. So much for 'owned'. Although the trio may end up losing anyway.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Erm, Kit defeated two MagnaGuards simultaneously in LOE. With a style that., might I add, has awed even Obi-Wan and Mace. So much for 'owned'. Although the trio may end up losing anyway.

What you have to remember is that Kit's fight with the Magnaguards took place on top of a speeding monorail train. The Magnaguards had to magnetise their feet to avoid getting blown off, so their mobility was seriously impaired. Kit had no such problem. On stable ground, he wouldn't have quite such an easy time.

Ianus
Interesting point there. Unfortunately, Magnaguards aren't that good in combat even when they have mobility. See the beginning of ROTS for details.

Stratigo
I'd give it to Grievous, just because Grievous is trained to kill jedi. The two droids would be more of support and to make sure Grievous wouldn't get flanked.

Darth Avis
it all depends if the jedi are intimidated by grievous. If they are they are dead. if not they can very well win.

ESB- 1138
Obi-Wan had some problems with an IG-100 in ROTS. Grievous uses a fighting style that is unpredictable and only the most experience Jedi (which would basically be Obi-Wan for he already battled 2 Siths) could take on 2 of them say Kit and Agen. The other IG-100s team up on Tiin and either kill him or wait for Grievous to get done with his Jedi killing.
Grievous doesn't rely mainly on fear for his movements are hard to predict and he can slice down any Jedi expect the strongest of them with ease.

Darth Avis
did you read LOE (i didnt! i have it at home but am currently reading the cestus deception)

Ianus
No, Obi-Wan pwned Magnaguards and so did Anakin. What movie did you see?

kamikz
Hahaha shit. I thought it said 100 Magna droids not Magna droid- 100. Then I belive the jedi takes this, barly. That's why I said the jedi would be owned and that the fight had too many combatents, sorry.

ESB- 1138
Anakin might have but Obi-Wan fought the IG-100 a bit longer and after he sliced off its head it still fought on.
Now Obi-Wan and Anakin are a lot better then Kit, Agen, and Tiin.

Darth Avis
in the book it said that obi can't beat 4 magnaguards. everyone except kit probably cant beat 2.

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
in the book it said that obi can't beat 4 magnaguards. everyone except kit probably cant beat 2.

That's hilarious, because Obi-wan DOES beat four at a time in ROTS. On Utapau.

ESB- 1138
He crushes them with a giant cube. The arena here is just an arena with nothing else but these 6 warriors

Darth Avis
exactly he NEEDED that cube. without it the magnas would have won.

Ianus
That's speculation, Avis, and unsupported speculation. Based on what we saw on the Invisible Hand, Obi-wan and Anakin rather easily pwned the guards. They weren't in any real danger. Why would a few more suddenly spell doom? And remember that Obi-Wan is a Force user and they are not. He can push them back, jump up high, etc.

Darth Avis
it said so in the novelization. It said obi can't beat 4 beings that adapt to his style, etc.

Ianus
Funny. He beat a couple of them pretty easy, and then beat Grievious, who is better than any of them.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth Avis
it said so in the novelization. It said obi can't beat 4 beings that adapt to his style, etc.
Movies>Books.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Ianus
Funny. He beat a couple of them pretty easy, and then beat Grievious, who is better than any of them. anakin>ventress Obi>anakin ventress>obi there you go. not everything is so straight forward. Obi's style defendes and seaks out flaws. GG has many flaws.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Movies>Books. it doesn't contridict the movies.

Gryn Jabar
LOL nub, teh books sayz that teh magma guads>obi-w@n, but teh movie has teh n1nj@ killing teh gauds.

Darth Avis
Obi killed what, 2 guards on the invisible hand. he couldn't kill 4 is what was said in the book.

Gryn Jabar
Watch the damn movie you moron. What made you think that two more would give him an especially hard time?

Darth Avis
wooh no need to insult. stay calm. well the fact that more people to team up on him.

Gryn Jabar
TEH NUB STFU!!111speaks

Darth Avis
dude stop. it is annoying.

Gryn Jabar
I'l stop the minute your spelling improves.

ESB- 1138
Obi-Wan defeated 1 IG-100 1 on 1 on the Invisible Hand

Gryn Jabar
Still, that's without any force powers except getting his LS.

Darth Avis
I'l stop the minute your spelling improves. My spelling is pretty good. plus this is over the Internet. I'm not getting graded.

Gryn Jabar
Neither am I. The standard works both ways.

Darth Avis
Still, that's without any force powers except getting his LS. It wont do much. i think they can magnetize so push and pull is null and void.

Gryn Jabar
Force Lightning.

Darth Avis
obi is a true dark lord of the sith with his uber lightning that matches that of Exar Kun.

ESB- 1138
Obi-Wan is not experienced on fighting more then one opponent melee style. Plus with four and Obi only has one lightsaber, he'll have to block one and then another would hit him from behind.

Ianus
Eh, I don't really see how Magnaguards (Even four of them ) can be expected to contend with a high level jedi. Kit Fisto alone can floor two, and Agen and Saesee may appear to be chumps thanks to ROTS having shitty choreography, but reasonably they should be able to hold off Grievious and then work in concert with Kit Fisto for the win.

And Obi-Wan would destroy Magnaguards. He's 1337.

Gryn Jabar
That's only a problem with offensive forms. Obi simply has to outmaneuver them, and with the force, that shouldn't be to hard.

ESB- 1138
Grievous took on 5 Jedis are once and won. Add 2 magnadroids and Grievous is killing them. During the Clone War he was the most feared face to see on the battlefield.

Ianus
Originally posted by ESB- 1138
Obi-Wan is not experienced on fighting more then one opponent melee style. Plus with four and Obi only has one lightsaber, he'll have to block one and then another would hit him from behind.

Obviously you've never sparred with four opponents. It's DAMN hard for four people with normal staffs to cohesively mesh and attack a single decent opponent. Tack on the Force, make the staffs electrical and give the opponent a lightsaber... the Magnaguards couldn't attack him more than two at a time anyways, really. If all four attacked he could leap over one set and find himself behind them, slash... One's down. His options are more than they're options, and one for one, he's superior to any of them.

Ianus
Grievous took on 5 Jedis are once and won. Add 2 magnadroids and Grievous is killing them. During the Clone War he was the most feared face to see on the battlefield.

Grievious AMBUSHED and killed five jedi. He did not fight them in a prolonged even battle. And it was his first appearance; he had the element of surprise. He had no such element in ROTS, and Obi PWNED his ass.

ESB- 1138
Obi-Wan managed to defeat Grievous because Obi-Wan is experienced in fighting opponents like Grievous and grew stronger for the war. His form is perfect for fighting Grievous and the reflexes of an IG-100 is as fast as a Jedi can move and they would already be turned around ready for battle. Obi and Ani defeated one on one was because they overpowered them while they tried to block their assault.

Gryn Jabar
Obi-Wan managed to defeat Grievous because Obi-Wan is experienced in fighting opponents like Grievous
No.

Ianus
And no to everything else said in that post. ESB, you're just throwing around baseless points. You need to make a case. Obi-Wan and Anakin both easily dealt with Magnaguards. Obi-Wan himself dealt with Grievious not because his "Form is perfect for it" because that's bullshit. Soresu is aimed at blaster bolt deflection and defense, not "+ 16 versus Grievious." Don't make exceptions for Obi-Wan, because it doesn't make a case. Hell, Kit Fisto was better than Obi-Wan for the first year of the Clone Wars at least and even if he didn't get much better than this, he can pwn two Magnaguards at once.

Darth Avis
And GG can beat the other two jedi if he has intimidation on his side.

Ianus
Excuse me? Show me where GG has beaten the other two.

Darth Avis
shakk ti is about equal to one of them and Ki is better then either.

Ianus
Avis, don't do that. You can't just say something like "A is equal to B" and not support it and expect me, of all people, to buy it.

Second, by everything I've seen and heard, Ki and Shaak Ti and the others were... ahem... AMBUSHED, and in that particular case were more victims of SHOCK and SURPRISE then LIGHTSABER MASTERY. Considering you posted Faunus' theory on Grievious I'm surprised you even considered to argue for Grievious. Him and two Magnaguards aren't amazing enemies unless they have the element of surprise. Here, they don't. So here's where I'm coming from...

Kit FIsto > Two Magnaguards.

That leaves Agen + Saesee versus GG.

Under the assumption that GG doesn't have the advantage of surprise, it's reasonable to me to conclude that Agen and Saesee can both contend with Grievious until Kit Fisto mops up the Magnaguards and then they curbstomp Grievious.

Period.

Darth Avis
Oh well if GG doesnt have intimidation then yea he will lose. i thought he did.

ESB- 1138
Grievous fights using movements that is almost unpredictable. The fact that Kit, Agen, and Tiin wouldn't be able to hold out long or do you not know about Greivous?

Ianus
Grievous fights using movements that is almost unpredictable. The fact that Kit, Agen, and Tiin wouldn't be able to hold out long or do you not know about Greivous?

You're starting to remind me why I didn't like you in the first place. You argue from fanboyism. Please... don't do that.

If Grievious' moves are "almost unpredictable", why did Obi-Wan parry his blades moving as they did? Why did Ki-Adi-Mundi, someone who can't parry more than two blaster bolts at a time, survive his encounter? Can you explain anything in relation to this fight that isn't hyperbole, or do you not know about hyperbole?

Darth Magnevus
Good post, but you made it slightly one sided. First, Grievous is good, but not that good. Second, those droids are pathetic. Obi-wan stood against them and lived. Sure they can be pretty good, but not that good.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Ianus
You're starting to remind me why I didn't like you in the first place. You argue from fanboyism. Please... don't do that.

If Grievious' moves are "almost unpredictable", why did Obi-Wan parry his blades moving as they did? Why did Ki-Adi-Mundi, someone who can't parry more than two blaster bolts at a time, survive his encounter? Can you explain anything in relation to this fight that isn't hyperbole, or do you not know about hyperbole?

Ki-Adi-Mundi was caught by surprise by eight Galactic Marines. Big, fast guns. He managed to take out two of them, so give him some credit.

^ I really don't think I've ever sounded that desperate before. . .

Darth Faunus
Now, to the fight.

The MagnaGuards are formidable opponents, I have no doubt about that. They managed to force Obi-Wan and Anakin to give ground under their relentless assault. But while vicious combatants, they serve as more of a distraction that actual threats. Obi-Wan and Anakin, while under pressure, were never in any real danger there. And I doubt that Agen, Saesee, and most of all Kit, will face a real threat in them either.

As to Grievous. I have already posted my theory on his prowess and reputation twice, so most people worth debating with have already seen it. Unless someone really wants me to, I'm not going to re-post it.

Now the General, with or without fear, intimidation, and surprise on his side, should be able to defeat any one of this trio in single combat. Fisto would give him some considerable trouble, but I doubt even he could scrape a victory. Grievous attacks extremely fast and with a completely inpredictable style. In fact, if one refers to the Battle on Hypori, he throws his right-hand lightsaber into the air as a Jedi Master seeks to deflect it, slashes the Whipid with his left, and finishes him off with a down-swing.

However, against both Saesee and Agen, who have worked together in a sabotage mission during the Clone Wars, he should have a good deal of trouble. He may well be able to win this, and would likely manage to kill one of the two quickly, I highly doubt that he can do this before Kit joins the fray. Remember, the Nautolan wove through the MagnaGuards, severing several limbs in seconds. I have the book on hand, so here's the passage:

In the rear of the car, where Grievous's pair of MagnaGuards had made the mistake of pitting themselves against Kit Fisto, the Nautolan's blade was a cyclone of blazing blue light. Resistant to the energy outpourings of a lightsaber, the phrik alloy staffs were potent weapons, but like any weapon, they needed to find their target, and Kit simply wasn't allowing that. In moves a Twi'lek dancer might envy, he spun around the guards, claiming a limb from both with each rotation: left legs, right arms, right legs. . .

So, Kit will rid himself of the Guards rather quickly, and proceed to work cohesively with his comrades in bringing down the droid General. They may suffer a loss, but this is doubtful.

--

On a side note, I would like to add something to my explanation for the Hypori Situation. That particular battle was the first time any Jedi had ever laid eyes upon Grievous and lived. Can you imagine the terror thhat must have coursed through them as he crushed Tarr's body into the ground? Or when he suddenly detached from the rocky ceiling to fall upon them? Add this to the fact that never in the galaxy had somebody fought like that, with lightsabers, nonetheless, and I'm surprised that there were any survivors. Kenobi and Mace had atleast heard of Grievous's combat style, his proficency with the lightsaber, before they engaged him. Ki, Shaak Ti, and the others had no such luck.

Ianus
Good points. And while I may not give Ki-Adi-Mundi the proper respect he deserves, I still think he died like a chump and should have put up a better fight. I blame GL for that. Zett put up a better fight.

The Creator
Well, Zett had two things going for him he surprised the clone troopers and he was played by GL's son.

Darth Faunus
In Zett's case, he had the jump on the clones, not the other way around. But in all honesty, Zett would have been a ferocious Jedi had he been allowed to grow to full power.

And I suppose Ki-Adi-Mundi didn't get a marvelous death, but it was that particular scene that made me interested in his character. He was the only Jedi of the seven on Hypori to successfully stand up to Grievous, too. So he has some Kewlness Points on his side.

Ianus
I have to admit it was a touching scene when he looked back and the look of betrayal... when he knew... It was perhaps the most touching of the deaths.

Darth Faunus
Add that to John William's score and you have a very moving scene.

Ianus
Not quite as good as the betrayal scene in Braveheart, but i do so love that look of bewilderment. It's... fitting.

Darth Faunus
I never actually finished watching Braveheart. . .

Ianus
You should. That movie pwns.

General G
Grievous and team wins hands down, Grievous has four lightsabers and has two droids who can use lightsaber deflecting staff rods, and it looked from ROTS that they arent that bad, Grievous's team wins.

Darth Faunus
Return of the Fanboys: Part II

Ianus
Didn't think there were any Miralu- erm, Grievious fanboys left in the galaxy.

Darth Faunus
Lol!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.