GOD OF WAR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
You guys got to be kidding me. I searched and nothing popped up. This game one of the best games ever.

TwisterGameX
edit by request

shockimebones
Yeah i liked this game too. Love the bosses, the fights, the set pieces, etc. Makes Ancient Greece look wonderful.

HBK
Nah.

JKozzy
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
http://www.geekculture.dk/bedler/auto/1120948687god_of_war_hydra3-big_resize.jpg laughing out loud

Lana
And THAT is why you don't hotlink images....upload them to imageshack or attach them to the message or something laughing out loud

TwisterGameX
Am I missing something ? ( does the pic work ?)

Lana
Nope laughing out loud

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
Nope laughing out loud

Oh embarrasment

bag

TwisterGameX
these got to work

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/596/596778/god-of-war-20050318074315000.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/596/596778/god-of-war-20050318074319499.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/596/596778/god-of-war-20050318074309797.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/596/596778/god-of-war-20050318074320937.jpg

TwisterGameX
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/566/566002/god-of-war-20041113004041667.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/596/596778/god-of-war-20050318074322437.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/590/590711/god-of-war-20050224045842772.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/590/590711/god-of-war-20050224045848537.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/585/585716/god-of-war-20050204092730322.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/566/566267/god-of-war-20041115020230926.jpg

TwisterGameX
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/566/566002/god-of-war-20041113004115743.jpg

game play by the way. When you are in his mouth you got to tap some button to get out.

Alpha Centauri
I played that game. It's nothing I haven't seen in about 90 other PS2 games.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

it's the best one of it's type though...

JKozzy
Am I missing something ? ( does the pic work ?) http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6342/gay6vp.jpg

laughing

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by JKozzy
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6342/gay6vp.jpg

laughing

yeah i see it now.

hotsauce6548
http://www.geekculture.dk/bedler/auto/1120948687god_of_war_hydra3-big_resize.jpg

hysterical2

-AC

Surprising. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
it's the best one of it's type though...

I don't think so by any means.

-AC

TwisterGameX
I don't think so by any means.

-AC

what do you think is then ?

Barker
http://www.geekculture.dk/bedler/auto/1120948687god_of_war_hydra3-big_resize.jpg
laughing

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Barker
laughing

the pic changed...can we get back on topic now no expression

powerfulone1987
I want to laugh and add a little remark but I won't and plus i don't want to do that to Twister.

I played this game up until I got stuck so I looked at the Cheaters and saw all that happens and the ending and the phone number to call to speak to Kratos after beat the game and figure out the secret phone number so that was still good.
But i liked this game. It was way different from many other games out there who have tried to achieve this.

is it comprehensible.....

Alpha Centauri
Tried to achieve what, exactly?

What did it aspire toward and then achieve, that other games in its genre (walk along slash-em-up's) haven't?

The best game of that genre by far was Orphan: Scion of Sorcery, one of the single most overlooked PS2 games of all time.

-AC

powerfulone1987
No offense, but I wonder why it was over looked..........

God of War definitely wasn't, it actually won an award or two.

Lana
Why was Orphen overlooked?

Because it wasn't marketed to hell like God of War.

Orphen definitely an EXCELLENT game.

TwisterGameX
Never heard of that game for some reason..was it for ps2 ?

Lana
Yep.

And it, like I said, wasn't widely marketed and as a result was almost completely ignored. I've played it and it's a very, very good game.

TwisterGameX
I just now typed it in I gn and I think I did it wrong because nothing showed up. Well I wait fore some one to make a overlooked games/games overated games because of commercials/thingy/other....

powerfulone1987
When did it come out and what's it about?

Lana
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/015/015148.html

TwisterGameX
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/015/015148.html

Thanks

ouch it got a 4.5 ?

Lana
Personally, I never put any weight into ratings.

TwisterGameX
Personally, I never put any weight into ratings.

I guess you are right. I love certain games that gets rated bad for some reason because there is no killing hookers embarrasment

My fav non killing game is Harvest moon 64 < best game ever made. big grin

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
No offense, but I wonder why it was over looked..........

God of War definitely wasn't, it actually won an award or two.

Justin Timberlake has more awards than Led Zeppelin I should imagine.

Is that comprehensible? Good. Let's move on.

-AC

Lana
Exactly my point I've made in several threads in here.

A game being popular does NOT mean it's the best of it's type.

hotsauce6548
Hm... I've definetly seen that cover before... just don't know where.

Is it an adventure game? Looks pretty cool.

The only thing that gets me is the score: 4.5 erm

Alpha Centauri
It's just one person's review of the game. Scores on IGN don't make it official.

-AC

TwisterGameX
true just look at the press score...6.5 which is like above fair

Alpha Centauri
I'd rate it 5. That's just because it's not shit to the point of unplayability.

-AC

SnakeEyes
I, for one, think that God of War was an excellent game. Definitely not the best out there, but it was one of the best of its genre to come out for a while. Plus, it came out for PS2 only. I thought that was very cool. Finally, a game that might rival some of the others that come out for just X-Box, or just Gamecube. Not to mention it was just a great game in general; good graphics, sound effects, musical score, story, and gameplay. It has all the elements I look for in a game. That is why I consider it a good game.

Alpha Centauri
So besides the pride of it being on PS2, which is irrelevant (though personally I don't think it competes with any Cube exclusive), you listed some very sketchy reasons.

It had bog standard graphics, nothing special about them at all. Tekken Tag had better graphics and it was one of the first ever PS2 games. Full of jagged edges, slowdowns. Bland, sharp character models. Graphics don't make the game but when you have the power to AT LEAST make a less-good version of RE 4 I should think you can do better than God of War.

The gameplay was no different to it's million alikes, I'm still waiting for examples on why it was so innovative. Perhaps you could share?

The story was "Man dies, man resurrected to do a job for the Gods, man wins, man gets absolved." It's been in about a thousand other games.

It's a rip off of Rygar, which was like a rip off of Devil May Cry, which was a rip off of many other games.

Don't take this as me trying to attack you or anything, because I know some people get oversensitive.

-AC

hotsauce6548
I thought the graphics in God of War were amazing. I loved the lighting and shadows of the environment. droolio

The music was awesome. They had some great songs and beats to get you caught up in the moment.

I thought the story was great. It was much more complex than '"Man dies, man resurrected to do a job for the Gods, man wins, man gets absolved."... Okay, so maybe not much more complex than that, but I loved how they involved the gods into the plot.

Kratos was a badass. yes

The gameplay was the real key, though. Wonderfully complexing puzzles mixed with a great combat system and a variety of enemies and bosses alike. A cinematic last battle, too.

Oh, and that reminds me of the cutscenes. Some of the best since Halo 2 and RE 4. yes

I really thought God of War's concept wasn't all that unique (Hack and slash) but the way the game was made and portrayed really set it off from the rest of the crowd.

A must buy in my book. big grin

SnakeEyes
Don't worry, I'm not taking this as a personal attack. First of all, the graphics WERE good. There's no denying that. Sure, there were some janky animations here and there, but that shouldn't take away from the overall feel.

The combat system isn't the most original, but it has more variety and upgrades than a lot of the others out there. Plus, its fun. In my opinion, if nothings wrong with a certain combat system, why change it? It's not that deep, but its a ton of fun to use throughout the game. Again this is not original, but the puzzles add for a change of pace in the game and make it seem as though you're not just button-mashing throughout the whole game.

The story is really good. They way you generalized it in your above post would make it sound bad for anyone reading it. It is a common story in the most basic terms, but God of War takes it and makes it interesting (at least to me). Kratos was an excellent anti-hero. The story itself is interesting because it has a mythological feel to it, and when I first saw Ares, I was pretty amazed. The environments amazed me as well. They very well excecuted, and if you don't see that, then I don't know how else I can make it clear, unless you play the game again (assuming you played it already). It had morbid undertones as well, which helped develop the character, Kratos, as well as the mood for the entire game. Just because it uses the same basic outline of a story that has been used before, that doesn't make it terrible.

Various enemies, awesome boss fights and one of the best orchestral scores I've heard in a very long time add on to the coolness of this game.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Don't worry, I'm not taking this as a personal attack. First of all, the graphics WERE good. There's no denying that. Sure, there were some janky animations here and there, but that shouldn't take away from the overall feel.

Well yes, actually. There is denying that. I think they were bog standard compared to what could be done.

The combat system isn't the most original, but it has more variety and upgrades than a lot of the others out there. Plus, its fun. In my opinion, if nothings wrong with a certain combat system, why change it? It's not that deep, but its a ton of fun to use throughout the game. Again this is not original, but the puzzles add for a change of pace in the game and make it seem as though you're not just button-mashing throughout the whole game.

But when you are fighting, it's button bashing. People say "Oh there's so many combos!" So you're bashing different buttons. It's still button bashing. I don't personally buy that "If it's not bad, don't change it". Resident Evil controls are great, they changed them for RE 4 and they're better. Tekken had a good system, no reason to change it. They did for Tekken 4 and it was better for it.

You can't keep saying a game is good when all they are doing is churning out variations of the same game. If nothing is being challenged, things won't get better. People need to start getting onto Sony about this or all they'll continue to do is fill stores with this bs.

The story is really good. They way you generalized it in your above post would make it sound bad for anyone reading it. It is a common story in the most basic terms, but God of War takes it and makes it interesting (at least to me). Kratos was an excellent anti-hero. The story itself is interesting because it has a mythological feel to it, and when I first saw Ares, I was pretty amazed.

That's what it is though, isn't it? That's the story. That's the crux of the tale. There's no mystery, you more or less know how it'll end when you pick up the controller. No interesting character interaction to add to the game. No back plot and snakey side stories. It's just your average one dimensional story.

The environments amazed me as well. They very well excecuted, and if you don't see that, then I don't know how else I can make it clear, unless you play the game again (assuming you played it already). It had morbid undertones as well, which helped develop the character, Kratos, as well as the mood for the entire game. Just because it uses the same basic outline of a story that has been used before, that doesn't make it terrible.

The environments were just like giant assault courses. Nothing that Tomb Raider didn't do in 96, nothing Prince of Persia didn't do. The story doesn't make it terrible, nor is it a terrible game. It's extremely mediocre and it's different in no way to any other game of it's kind. You can kill things and climb things, so? Morbid isn't God of War. At all. They put some naked chicks in the game and everyone calls it "A grown up" game.

Various enemies, awesome boss fights and one of the best orchestral scores I've heard in a very long time add on to the coolness of this game.

Various enemies? Oooh, there's something you don't get every day. The boss fights are so mundane, so easy. The Hydra looks menacing and half decent, then what happens? You just have to stand on a platform while it performs a predictable striking attack so you can dodge and attack it until it dies. It's been done, SO many times.

This proves that gamers are accepting more and more mundane material because gaming ability is dropping. Gamers aren't as adaptable as they used to be. Hence why people want more God of War's. I even heard someone here calling Devil May Cry, hard.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Half decent...hater

K1ll3r
POP 2: Warrior Within was better then God of War

hotsauce6548
That's what it is though, isn't it? That's the story. That's the crux of the tale. There's no mystery, you more or less know how it'll end when you pick up the controller. No interesting character interaction to add to the game. No back plot and snakey side stories. It's just your average one dimensional story.

I have to seriously disagree with that. Assuming you played the game, you know about the relation Kratos had with his wife and child, and the mystery that shrouded them, which was presented in cutscenes. I thought the story was wonderfully developed, presented, and executed.

About the morbid tone: God of War was extremely dark. Once again, assuming you've played the game, you know of the things that happened during the game, and also in flashbacks of Kratos's life.

You may have thought that the game was predictable, boring, one-dimensional, but again, I have to disagree. I was excited for cutscenes, wanting to learn more of the plot. yes

Alpha Centauri
Half decent...hater

Yes, it looked half decent. If the PS2 is capable of a lesser version of RE4, a jagged giant worm, to me is half decent. You're just easily impressed.

Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I have to seriously disagree with that. Assuming you played the game, you know about the relation Kratos had with his wife and child, and the mystery that shrouded them, which was presented in cutscenes. I thought the story was wonderfully developed, presented, and executed.

About the morbid tone: God of War was extremely dark. Once again, assuming you've played the game, you know of the things that happened during the game, and also in flashbacks of Kratos's life.

You may have thought that the game was predictable, boring, one-dimensional, but again, I have to disagree. I was excited for cutscenes, wanting to learn more of the plot.

Yes, I played the game. What difference does it make? Metal Gear is a great story, Resident Evil is a great story because while it takes from an existing concept, it adds significantly while making a path of it's own, even the best Final Fantasies are great stories.

God of War is not a great story. You say I'm wrong, I'm factually not am I? No. Essentially that's what the story is. Kratos relation to his wife and child doesn't alter the outcome. It's not a separate story. It's just info you find out about the character. So what? You people are far too impressed. How was it wonderfully developed? You play through the game and it gets revealed. It's extremely linear.

The game wasn't dark, no. Then again I'm nearly 20, so I don't consider a lot of blood and themes of death to be dark to me anymore. It's a fantasy story, predictable and dull.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Justin Timberlake has more awards than Led Zeppelin I should imagine.

Is that comprehensible? Good. Let's move on.

-AC

I don't know how many awards Justin Timberlake got compared to Led Zeppelin.

is it comprehensible..... no expression

Alpha Centauri
Was there any need for that reply? It's obvious which analogy I was making.

-AC

hotsauce6548
Yes, it looked half decent. If the PS2 is capable of a lesser version of RE4, a jagged giant worm, to me is half decent. You're just easily impressed.

Yes, I played the game. What difference does it make? Metal Gear is a great story, Resident Evil is a great story because while it takes from an existing concept, it adds significantly while making a path of it's own, even the best Final Fantasies are great stories.

God of War is not a great story. You say I'm wrong, I'm factually not am I? No. Essentially that's what the story is. Kratos relation to his wife and child doesn't alter the outcome. It's not a separate story. It's just info you find out about the character. So what? You people are far too impressed. How was it wonderfully developed? You play through the game and it gets revealed. It's extremely linear.

The game wasn't dark, no. Then again I'm nearly 20, so I don't consider a lot of blood and themes of death to be dark to me anymore. It's a fantasy story, predictable and dull.

-AC

To each his own, I guess. But factually are you wrong? That's impossible to tell. You have your own opinion about the story, so the facts have nothing to do with it.

You think Resident Evil has a good story? I don't. People become zombies. Other people shoot zombies. Story? Not by me. Am I factually wrong? Nobody can say. It's my opinion. You may have a different opinion. Are you factually wrong? Who knows?

It's an opinion. yes

Alpha Centauri
To each his own, I guess. But factually are you wrong? That's impossible to tell. You have your own opinion about the story, so the facts have nothing to do with it.

What? My opinion about the quality of the story is opinion. My description of what the story is about is factually correct though isn't it? Why are people telling me I'm wrong for saying "A man dies. A man gets resurrected and bargained into doing a favour for the Gods upon which he will be rewarded." That's what the story is, mainly. I'm not wrong there.

You think Resident Evil has a good story? I don't. People become zombies. Other people shoot zombies. Story? Not by me. Am I factually wrong? Nobody can say. It's my opinion. You may have a different opinion. Are you factually wrong? Who knows?

It's an opinion. yes

Funny part is, what I described actually is the God of War story in a nutshell. What you describe has absolutely nothing at all to do with Resident Evil's actual story line.

Try not misunderstanding what I'm actually referring to first.

-AC

SnakeEyes
What? My opinion about the quality of the story is opinion. My description of what the story is about is factually correct though isn't it? Why are people telling me I'm wrong for saying "A man dies. A man gets resurrected and bargained into doing a favour for the Gods upon which he will be rewarded." That's what the story is, mainly. I'm not wrong there.

I don't think anyone is saying you're wrong about the story; we're just saying that you're not doing it justice when you make it THAT basic. You can take virtually any story and sum it up in one sentence. What does that accomplish, besides making it sound worse than it is? For example, Star Wars (the entire saga): A man turns evil. A man is redeemed by saving his son.
See, I just made Star Wars sound very dull. That doesn't mean that it is. Just because you can give a description of something in a lesser amount of words or detail, it doesn't mean that the story is paper-thin.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think anyone is saying you're wrong about the story; we're just saying that you're not doing it justice when you make it THAT basic. You can take virtually any story and sum it up in one sentence. What does that accomplish, besides making it sound worse than it is? For example, Star Wars (the entire saga): A man turns evil. A man is redeemed by saving his son.
See, I just made Star Wars sound very dull. That doesn't mean that it is. Just because you can give a description of something in a lesser amount of words or detail, it doesn't mean that the story is paper-thin.

I'm not lessening it though, that is essentially what the story is. The rest are little additions that make no difference to the ending.

FF's have sub-plots, many. So does Metal Gear and Resident Evil, though admittedly not as many as the previous two. They all have more, so describing them basically wouldn't be doing it justice.

What I describe is not all but ESSENTIALLY what God of War is about.

-AC

Lana
FF you can never boil down the storyline to a couple of sentences because there's always storylines within the main plot.

Avenger2.0
I'm not lessening it though, that is essentially what the story is. The rest are little additions that make no difference to the ending.

FF's have sub-plots, many. So does Metal Gear and Resident Evil, though admittedly not as many as the previous two. They all have more, so describing them basically wouldn't be doing it justice.

-AC

Come on resident evil has been done to death...All the story lines are the same as resident evil 2...though resident evil 3 was the best.... anyway my point is that raccoon city was blown up in res evil 2 and there's 50 more games set in it.....

All you do is kill zombies... ya always have to take the same path and the controls were made much stupider... Capcom should either give up or fix the problems... In a zombie infested city a fallen over trash can is really gonna block my path.

hotsauce6548

-AC

I would disagree though. I wouldn't say you are factually correct when you say, "A man..." because I believe the story is much more than that.

So no, you aren't factually wrong or factually correct. It's an opinion. Your interpretation of what the story is. How can you say if an interpretation is factually wrong or right? erm

SnakeEyes
AC, for the most part, you're an excellent debater... but sometimes you can be really stubborn...

wink

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Avenger2.0
Come on resident evil has been done to death...All the story lines are the same as resident evil 2...though resident evil 3 was the best.... anyway my point is that raccoon city was blown up in res evil 2 and there's 50 more games set in it.....

This is not only completely inaccurate and wrong (play the game before you comment on it - AC's advice tip of the day) but the fact that you claim 3 as the best suggests that the harder ones don't interest you. Coincidentally those are the plot heavy ones. 3 was not.

All you do is kill zombies... ya always have to take the same path and the controls were made much stupider... Capcom should either give up or fix the problems... In a zombie infested city a fallen over trash can is really gonna block my path.

"All you do is kill zombies". Hahaha, that's like saying in Final Fantasy all you do is kill animals.

Give up or fix the problem? You've been living under a rock. There was no problem to fix. The controls were excellent. The only people who have a problem with RE's controls are people like those God of War fans who need to be able to control a damn gymnast when they play a.....oh wait. You are one of those.

I would disagree though. I wouldn't say you are factually correct when you say, "A man..." because I believe the story is much more than that.

So no, you aren't factually wrong or factually correct. It's an opinion. Your interpretation of what the story is. How can you say if an interpretation is factually wrong or right?

He's not a man in the sense that he's not human. He's a male. Ok, there. Now change everywhere that I've said "man" to "male".

I am factually correct when I say that's the base (note the fact that I am saying base, and not all encompassing story) of the story. That is what it is. It's about a male who has died, brought back to do favours for the gods in exchange for his soul to be put to rest, with the odd little side bit of info.

That's factually what it is IN A NUTSHELL <---Note that phrase. I'm not saying there's no more to it, I'm saying that's BASICALLY the story.

Which it is. What are you not getting? Go read a summary of the game plot, it will tell you what I have. It says the same more or less on the back of the case.

-AC

SnakeEyes
I still don't get what you're trying to get at. I mean, I completely understand your above statement, but what relevance does it have? Do you want a cookie for being able to sum up a video game plot?

Avenger2.0
This is not only completely inaccurate and wrong (play the game before you comment on it - AC's advice tip of the day) but the fact that you claim 3 as the best suggests that the harder ones don't interest you. Coincidentally those are the plot heavy ones. 3 was not.
-AC

I've played heaps resident evils even though theres like 50 of anyway. None of them got harder. But they did get stupider like the outbreaks.

Alpha Centauri
I still don't get what you're trying to get at. I mean, I completely understand your above statement, but what relevance does it have? Do you want a cookie for being able to sum up a video game plot?

I was told I was wrong in my summation. I, of course, am not.

I've played heaps resident evils even though theres like 50 of anyway. None of them got harder. But they did get stupider like the outbreaks.

There's 4, though I do see how it could be confused with a number as big as 50. Poor you.

Exaggerating to get a flawed point across, the sign of inaccuracy.

-AC

SnakeEyes
I was told I was wrong in my summation. I, of course, am not.

No. You were told that that didn't do it justice, which it doesn't, in my opinion.

Alpha Centauri
No. You were told that that didn't do it justice, which it doesn't, in my opinion.

No, I was told by Hotsauce that I wasn't right. He/She obviously thought I meant that I was factually right in my opinion of the story, which I didn't.

Then when he/she realised that they made the wrong assumption, they tried telling me I was yet again, wrong in my summation. That it was disagreed with. How can you disagree with an accurate summation? I'm admitting it's a summation, so saying it's not accurate because it lacks detail is a moot point.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Let's not go down this road again on a whole other thread, and please let's not even think about bring up Resident Evil, this isn't even a thread about Resident Evil, why can't it just be left alone.
And let's not make this about whose "right" and "wrong".
Why do you keep doing this Alpha Centauri, this seems to be a consistency with you.

Alpha Centauri
Why not make it about who's (correct grammar) right and wrong? If there is a right and a wrong, then people will be right and wrong.

Hotsauce seems to be confused. I'm not, SnakeEyes is not. Let's move on. The only consistancy here is your inability to not reply needlessly to my posts. So either PM me with your problems or stop it.

-AC

powerfulone1987
I believe my reply to you was needed. And I have no problem. I'm just trying to prevent any problems from starting here. I have no idea what it is you want me to stop doing.

Alpha Centauri
There are no problems here, your intervention is not needed. I have no problem with Hotsauce or SnakeEyes and the same can be said for them. We're just discussing.

Stop showing up and trying to cause shit. You already tried to imply that you were becoming a mod in an attempt to scare me, so drop the immature and childish crap, and get on with being sensible.

Got it? Get it. One more reply and I will report you, because I'm trying to debate with people peacefully.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Well, I don't understand the hostility toward's me, I came on here with good intentions, and have yet to say anything hostile, but if you say there's no problems, then I must have been mistaken by the posts that I read. I will digress.

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

hotsauce6548
He's not a man in the sense that he's not human. He's a male. Ok, there. Now change everywhere that I've said "man" to "male".

I am factually correct when I say that's the base (note the fact that I am saying base, and not all encompassing story) of the story. That is what it is. It's about a male who has died, brought back to do favours for the gods in exchange for his soul to be put to rest, with the odd little side bit of info.

That's factually what it is IN A NUTSHELL <---Note that phrase. I'm not saying there's no more to it, I'm saying that's BASICALLY the story.

Which it is. What are you not getting? Go read a summary of the game plot, it will tell you what I have. It says the same more or less on the back of the case.

-AC

You misunderstood me. When I typed "A man..." I meant your whole interpretation of the plot. wink

I don't understand what you're saying, then. erm

Okay, yeah, that's basically the plot of the story. I can agree with that.

But what are you trying to say? The plot of anything--be it book, movie, or video game--can be boiled down to two or three sentences.

What are you trying to say?

And by the way, I'm a "he." wink

Alpha Centauri
I'm saying that beyond what I have described it as, there isn't much more. There is more, but not much. Not enough to grant it this status of 'great story' that you give it, in my opinion.

Resident Evil works with a tried and tested story type, yes. A fool would deny this. It also adds it's own flavour significantly while simultaneously crafting a path of it's own. God of War won't be looked back on as a great, excellent, stand-out game because there are way too many that are as 'good'.

When there's a Resident Evil-esque game, it's immediately recognisable where it draws influence from.

(To any idiots, I'm not making this about Resident Evil. Comparing is all.)

-AC

Morridini
(Darned search engine, had to manualy scroll through 56 pages)

So I seem to be about 4 and a half year behind the rest of you, but I finally got around to playing and completing God of War.

Definitley a great game, even though some of the platforming got really, really frustrating (spikey column number two in Hades, damn you).

My Greek mythology knowledge is so-so, but I think above avarage, I did not however figure out who the Gravedigger was supposed to represent. Anyone got any info on him?

Impediment
The Gravedigger is still up for debate. Nobody really knows.

First_Tsurugi06
The GoWIII DLC documentary confirms that it's Zeus.

AsbestosFlaygon

The best game of that genre by far was Orphan: Scion of Sorcery, one of the single most overlooked PS2 games of all time.

-AC
That game had one of the WORST voiceovers in gaming.
Ever.
Worse than Zelda: The Faces of Evil.
And I'm not even kidding.

First_Tsurugi06
Even worse than Shenmue 2 in english?

Joy's english voice made me almost hate her were it not for watching Let's Plays of the Dreamcast version.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Morridini
(Darned search engine, had to manualy scroll through 56 pages)

So I seem to be about 4 and a half year behind the rest of you, but I finally got around to playing and completing God of War.

Definitley a great game, even though some of the platforming got really, really frustrating (spikey column number two in Hades, damn you).

My Greek mythology knowledge is so-so, but I think above avarage, I did not however figure out who the Gravedigger was supposed to represent. Anyone got any info on him?

now try the challenge of the gods.. wait, do you have a corded controller? 'cause you'll throw your controller a lot.. and curse like a sailor.. maybe that was just me..

Morridini
Yeah I pretty much gave up on the Challenges right away, just seemed like a tedious tacked on mode.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
The GoWIII DLC documentary confirms that it's Zeus.

Sounds odd, he seemed so wise and mysterious, not like Zeus.

super pr*xy
on one occasion, i worked on those challenges for 8 hours.. i sh!t you not.. failed miserably.. the last challenge was a *****.. i finished them though, after like 4 years of not playing GoW.. it was just for the extra costumes..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.