Alt.Suicide.Holiday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
Parents: Online newsgroup helped daughter commit suicide

"Alone in a Florida hotel room, just miles from her college apartment, Suzanne methodically prepared and swallowed a lethal cocktail of potassium cyanide, lay down on the bed and died." ... "Members of this news group trade advice on how to commit suicide, using code words like 'transitioning' and 'exiting' and 'catching the bus.' Suzanne found this group nine weeks before she died, posting nearly one hundred messages detailing her plans."

Read article...

forumcrew
i dont really know how to comment nicely.. i can see how her parents are upset about the site.. but all i really wanna say is get over it. (not the girls death, but the site) She had some F'd up issues to even seek out such a thing online. While they may have made it easier for her she obviously had this end result planned and maybe if her parents knew anything about her this wouldnt happen. I feel no remorse for someone who kills themself.

Bardock42
I'd say good for her.

Clovie
KCN? we've been using it during last biochemistry class...

but seriously.. she must have had some serious issues..and someone should have noticed that there is something wrong with her.

btw I've never heard about "how to commit a suicide" websites...only about anorexia ones confused

ToMacco
I have a belly button

mechmoggy
ToMacco?

Is that really you? jawdrop

Syren
I've heard about these suicide sites, I saw a documentary on one before I joined KMC and was searching for them when I found KMC {don't know how that happened}... but anyway, part of me agrees that they are dangerous, but on the other hand they can also be helpful to suicidal people. Being able to talk about your issues with other like-minded people and not being judged for it can only be beneficial. Suicidal people don't get the help that they need from our society as suicide is frowned upon and then usually dismissed, so do you think it's any wonder people who want to die actually hunt down other people with the same problems? I think if our society gave more time to listen and help, then suicidal people wouldn't need to seek out others like themselves.

But I really feel for the parents, from their viewpoint it's the site that caused the suicide, when really their child had all of the issues to begin with, and the site probably helped them either come to terms with their problems or at least die in a quick and painless fashion. It's unfortunate, but there simply aren't enough places or people out there who are willing to show compassion or consideration to people with suicidal tendencies. Until this problem with society in general is sorted, these websites will always have a place.

Winterblut
Originally posted by Clovie
but seriously.. she must have had some serious issues..and someone should have noticed that there is something wrong with her.

Each person commits suicide used to see, feel, hear and breathe better than you and your kind does.
She suffered from reasons, and i bet humanity took a main part in it, she is never a mentally sick person.
A Mentally Sick Person to me is the one WHO CAN NOT SEE WHY PEOPLE ARE DOING THAT.
Nobody had noticed because everyone's blind. Everyone's busy with their own greed.

You want the proof? Check out some comments above, this is the human kind, how pathetic and useless it is.

rudester
thats sad.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Winterblut
Each person commits suicide used to see, feel, hear and breathe better than you and your kind does.
She suffered from reasons, and i bet humanity took a main part in it, she is never a mentally sick person.
A Mentally Sick Person to me is the one WHO CAN NOT SEE WHY PEOPLE ARE DOING THAT.
Nobody had noticed because everyone's blind. Everyone's busy with their own greed.

You want the proof? Check out some comments above, this is the human kind, how pathetic and useless it is. You're just mad cuz no one cares.

inimalist
Originally posted by forumcrew
maybe if her parents knew anything about her this wouldnt happen.

Originally posted by Clovie
someone should have noticed that there is something wrong with her.

man...

c'mon people, I ask so little...

but lets have teenage suicide be the one thing we don't make tasteless comments about when we have no idea what we are talking about? just this one, for me?

Bat Dude
The thing is, a lot of the time suicidal people don't show that their suicidal to other people.

In high school, there was a point in my life where I had suicidal thoughts (never acted on them, and when I found God they went away), and I never outwardly showed it to anyone.

So don't think people that think about committing suicide are all emo and doom-and-gloom looking. Some of them do, but a lot of them look very "normal".

Colossus-Big C
You can actually be charged for attemptive murder if you tried to comit suicide and failed.

The Rover
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
You can actually be charged for attemptive murder if you tried to comit suicide and failed.

...Perhaps in some countries, but not in most - including your own, it would seem. Thankfully, we've grown up a little and realized how stupid it is to persecute suicides and attempted-suicides.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Rover
Thankfully, we've grown up a little and realized how stupid it is to persecute suicides and attempted-suicides.

Prosecute.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who attempted suicide often ended up sent to mandatory counciling, teens definitely do.

The Rover
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Prosecute.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who attempted suicide often ended up sent to mandatory counciling, teens definitely do.

Whereas Big C actually misspoke and intended "attemped" instead of the very different "attemptive," I did intend to say "persecute" - how else could you describe the social/legal attitudes towards such people until (unfortunately) relatively recently?

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

in most places those are 1-2 day assessment periods. because suicidal and depressed people are normally relatively functional (non-functional depressed people are actually at a lower risk for suicide) they are generally released because there is no legal way to hold them unless it can be proved they will harm themselves or society. They basically just lie their way out. Thats Canada at least, maybe even just Ontario, but I think all Canada.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.