Armageddon Finally Comes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MetalHeart
PLANET-DISSOLVING DUST CLOUD IS HEADED TOWARD EARTH!
Monday September 12, 2005

By MIKE FOSTER

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Experts believe the chaos cloud is composed of particles spawned near the event horizon of a black hole (a form of what's called Hawking Radiation) that have been distorted by mangled information spewed from the hole.

"A super-massive black hole lies about 28,000 light-years from Earth at the center of our galaxy," explained Dr. Sherwinski.

"Last year the eminent physicist Stephen Hawking revised his theory of black holes -- which previously held that nothing could escape the hole's powerful gravitational field. He demonstrated that information about objects that have been sucked in can be emitted in mangled form.

"It now appears that mangled information can distort matter.

"Just imagine our galaxy the Milky Way as a beautiful, handwritten letter.

"Now imagine pouring a glass of water on the paper and watching the words dissolve as the stain spreads. That's what the chaos cloud does to every star or planet it encounters."

To avoid widespread panic, NASA has declined to make the alarming discovery public. But Dr. Sherwinski's contacts at the agency's Chandra X-ray Observatory leaked to him striking images of the newly discovered chaos cloud obliterating a large asteroid.

"It's like watching a helpless hog being dissolved in a vat of acid," one NASA scientist told Dr. Sherwinski.

Ordinarily, Hawkings Radiation is harmless.

"It's produced when an electron- positron pair are at the event horizon of a black hole," Dr. Sherwinski explained. "The intense curvature of space-time of the hole can cause the positron to fall in, while the electron escapes."

But when "infected" by mangled information from the black hole, the particles become a chaos cloud, which in turn mangles everything it touches.

"If it continues unchecked, the chaos cloud will eventually reduce our galaxy to the state of absolute chaos that existed before the birth of the universe," the astrophysicist warned.

Some scientists say mankind's best hope would be to build a "space ark" and hightail it to the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.1 million light-years away.

"We wouldn't be able to save the entire human population, but perhaps the best and the brightest," observed British rocket scientist Dr. David Hall, when asked about the feasibility of such a project.

But even if such a craft could be built in time, evacuating Earth might prove fruitless if theories about the origin of the chaos cloud are correct.

"A black hole at the center of Andromeda is about 15 times the size of the one in our own galaxy," Dr. Sherwinski noted. "It might be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a senior White House official said the president's top science advisors are taking the findings in stride.

"This is a lot like global warming, where the jury is still out on whether it's real or not," said the official.

"The existence of this so called chaos cloud is only a theory. Americans shouldn't panic until all the facts are in."

so we're ****ed. hey everyone do whatever you want!!! we're dyin' in only 9 years!

Snoopbert
Holy crap you're a fool. It's taken from one of those magazines that say things like "Batchild found!" and "Satan escapes from hell!".

mysterio69
uh huh. a space ark, eh? like on the tranformers?

TwisterGameX
You fool we will die in 2012 (the date for the end of the world) way before that cloud kills us.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Holy crap you're a fool. It's taken from one of those magazines that say things like "Batchild found!" and "Satan escapes from hell!".

laughing out loud

mysterio69
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
You fool we will die in 2012 (the date for the end of the world) way before that cloud kills us.
refresh my memory. why 2012?

MetalHeart

how do u know its 2012?

to the rest of u, i was joking. i got it from the same magazine that said 'titanic disappeared from beneth the sea!'

Sir Mist
Old news...

TwisterGameX
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371935&highlight=2012

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by mysterio69
refresh my memory. why 2012?

Some actually believe this because apparently the Mayan calendar ends Dec 21, 2012.

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

mysterio69
oh yeah. there was a thread about this. why the heck would we follow the mayan calendar anyway?

a1hsauce
oh bologne! they had to end the calander at some point!...maybe the guy making the calendar got sick. maybe he went off and banged his mistress and lost count. maybe he got bored! ohh ohh i know! he was coming down a mountain and saw his friends dancing around a golden calf and so he smashed the calendar he had written on two stone tablets on the ground!

come on people truth is..we dont know when it will end. and thats my final answer wink

MetalHeart
or myabe the guy realized he was a looser for making a calander 1000's years into the future and offed himself

a1hsauce
bing bing bing

TheFilmProphet
Personally I don't think the world will necessarilly end...just humans..I mean eventually.

And your right the Mayans did have to end the calendar at some point.

There are others who believe a comet, asteroid, meteror, whatever they think it is may hit Earth in the year 2012.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=555369
http://2012.antville.org/stories/421879/
http://www.satansrapture.com/nasa2012.htm
Etc.

Rogue Jedi
i guess i had better get my affairs in order.

Alpha Centauri

The 2012 comet's trajectory is going to pass the Earth, not hit it.

-AC

BackFire
KILLER BEES

eggmayo
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i guess i had better get my affairs in order.
If everyone on the planet died, noone would care.

Sir Mist

Satan escaped? shock OMG!!! WE ARE SO DOOMED!!shock

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Satan escaped? shock OMG!!! WE ARE SO DOOMED!!shock laughing

overlord
Our good friend Nostradamus predicted stuff for over the year 3000, so I will just go on with my boring live.

Fianna
Or you could get up off your chair, trip over your shoe, bash your head on a table and die....or even fall down the stairs or walk out the door and get hit by a car....so many ways eek! ..but are you scared of getting up or walking down the stairs?..stick out tongue

DarkC
Tabloid articles. They're funny to read, but other than that the only other things they're useful for is starting a fire and lining the bottom of your birdcage.

a1hsauce
Originally posted by Fianna
Or you could get up off your chair, trip over your shoe, bash your head on a table and die....or even fall down the stairs or walk out the door and get hit by a car....so many ways eek! ..but are you scared of getting up or walking down the stairs?..stick out tongue
Frankly my dear..I dont give a damn shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.