Disc Dumping Error

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
It's a long shot, but does anyone know what the error means? I think the disc might be scratched, but I'm not sure if it could be something else, maybe some data on the DVD?

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/5900/thps47td.jpg

eggmayo
I think thats when Safedisk Version 2 realises you are being naughty.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=disc+dumping&meta=

JKozzy
Hm, but I've never had difficulties backing up my other, newer games blink

Raz
Some of these games deliberately use CD errors to stop copying - like in this case.

AFAIK, Nero can copy them without problem.

JKozzy
It doesn't make sense to me, though. I'm backing up my PS2 games; Tony Hawk 4 is the one I encounter the error with, Tony Hawks 5 and 7 (Underground and American Wasteland) had no problem, so I'm curious as to why 4 would have the protection... I've tried with Nero 6.6.0.5 as well. I'm just thinking it's a scratch on the disc, maybe. Seems I'd be already too late, then, to back that up erm

eggmayo
Originally posted by JKozzy
It doesn't make sense to me, though. I'm backing up my PS2 games; Tony Hawk 4 is the one I encounter the error with, Tony Hawks 5 and 7 (Underground and American Wasteland) had no problem, so I'm curious as to why 4 would have the protection... I've tried with Nero 6.6.0.5 as well. I'm just thinking it's a scratch on the disc, maybe. Seems I'd be already too late, then, to back that up erm
American Wasteland?

JKozzy
Tony Hawk American Wasteland, aka Tony Hawk 7

eggmayo
I never heard of it, probably not out here for another 12 years or so.

Raz
Are there any visible scratches on the disc?

If not, then it may be a new copy protection system.

JKozzy
Yes, there are visible scratches. It's the fourth game in the series, and I've backed up the seventh game with no problem, so unless they wanted to go with a lesser copy protection as they progressed, I think the scratches are at fault.

Hit_and_Miss
just dl the game... I think its actually legal seeing as you already own the data on the disk...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.