So how should have Anakin saved Padma?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Numo
It's clear from Ep III that the drive to save Padma from dying like in his dreams tipped Anakin over the edge because only the Sith claimed to possess the knowledge to save her life.

We heard Yoda's position on this. But what should he have done to save her? Could she have been saved?

DeVi| D0do
No.

aj_vader
nah padme couldnt be saved she was destined to transform into the force... wot a cliche

Rogue Jedi
at the end, when she asks annie to drop everything and come away with her, raise their kids together, annie could have saved her by saying yes.

overlord
jawdrop Padma?
Padme should've been cloned of course!

Ushgarak
There is always the idea that if he was willing to let go and lose her if that is the way things were going to be...

... then he wouldn't have lost her.

Beyond all these fancy Sith resurrection powers, that was the true power that Anakin could not bring himself to do.

Sesse
Anakins choice. Love <-----> Power

Anakin chose power so that he could save his love.

I wonder what would have happened if Anakin had surrendered to Obi1.

overlord
In the OT I had the idea Anakin just didn't care about his wife (who died from being heart broken by his leaving) due to the corruption of the dark side. But now Lucas has changed everything by making her prime reason for falling to the dark side. To be honest, I don't like this sappy idea for one bit.

kanis
starwars He saw that she was going to die but he didn't see how she died watching ROTS again I saw that she was in from giving birth while dying from a broken heart from his vision he did not know that he was to be cause of her death. By maybe killing palpatine/ sidious when he had the chance to he wouldn't have slaughtered the jedi went over to the dark side and went to mustaphar and obi wan would not have to padme the truth which forced her to go to mustaphar and get her heart broken by anakin thus leading to her death.

The Ones
no expression what?

masterkit
I get wut he's saying

overlord
I don't.. He might want to press buttons like 'enter' more often.
It's now one long sentence..

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There is always the idea that if he was willing to let go and lose her if that is the way things were going to be...

... then he wouldn't have lost her.

Beyond all these fancy Sith resurrection powers, that was the true power that Anakin could not bring himself to do.

yes

starwarsrules14
If he would have actually listened to Padme, he would have never tried to gain more power and therefore turn to the darkside to get it.

Eleonora
Originally posted by aj_vader
nah padme couldnt be saved she was destined to transform into the force... wot a cliche

What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?
The film we're talking about is called "Revenge of the Sith": have you ever even heard of it?

BTW Ush and swr14 I completely agree with the two of you. smile
I think the whole thing is a tragic paradox, but certainly if Anakin had trusted Padme and hadn't presumed he was the only one who could have prevented things from happening to her he would have been better off. smile

El_NINO
he could have saved her by teaching her the force in with a book called 'Learn the Force in 21 days'

Numo
Originally posted by El_NINO
he could have saved her by teaching her the force in with a book called 'Learn the Force in 21 days'
You crazy S.O.B.

Dr.Gumby
i dont beileve that there is anyway he could have saved her.it was all the will of the force and was a path that could not be changed.

Numo
Originally posted by Dr.Gumby
i dont beileve that there is anyway he could have saved her.it was all the will of the force and was a path that could not be changed.
Yes I do believe that it was upto the Will of the Force however I also believe that what he should have done was to have done nothing.

However not as Yoda said. Yoda said that he should train himself to let go of all he feared to lose. I don't believe this is right.

What I believe he should have done was not to train himself at all to let go, but hold onto those emotions of love and attachment, but do nothing about it. It is then that the Force would probably have moved to save her itself.

You see what you call the Dark Side is actually what I believe is the side of the Force that responds to the feelings and desires of people if it possible to do so and only in its on time or what the Will of the Force deems to be the best time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.