During the Clone Wars, how many Jedi were apart of the Order & after the Jedi Purge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Meaning, how many Jedi were active members were during the C. Wars and how many Jedi were killed and/or survived the Jedi Purge. any links on the topic would be great. I always wanted to know this.. Cause I heard that Obi and Yoda were the only ones to survive. In "ESB" Yoda confirms this by saying "Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi you will be.." Surely there were young Padawans that hid and would still be alive or not or was "Every, single, Jedi" "hunted down." as Palpatine wished..? just always wanted to know..

Darth Avis
well there were over 5000 jedi active i think and then only like 10 to 20 survived the purge. this is all guessing though.

Ganner Rhysode
Well, I know at least six or ten Jedi survived the initial purge, but were later hunted down and exterminated, for the most part.

The only exception I can recall is Jerec. Jerec was a Jedi Knight who wasn't involved in the Clone Wars, but was instead out far beyond the rim on a scouting mission, searching for artifacts or some such crap. Anyway, by the time he returned, the purge was long since over, and Palpatine or Vader or someone gave him the offer of siding with them and not being killed. Jerec signed up for this right away, and quickly fell to the dark side, and was a general or some sort of person underneath Vader and the Grand Moffs. After Palpatine's initial death, he was among the many people who scrambled to ascertain power over the Empire.

Tangible God
Then there was Echuu-Shen-Jonn, from G. Battlegrounds.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Meaning, how many Jedi were active members were during the C. Wars and how many Jedi were killed and/or survived the Jedi Purge. any links on the topic would be great. I always wanted to know this.. Cause I heard that Obi and Yoda were the only ones to survive. In "ESB" Yoda confirms this by saying "Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi you will be.." Surely there were young Padawans that hid and would still be alive or not or was "Every, single, Jedi" "hunted down." as Palpatine wished..? just always wanted to know..

we know as much as you do, some of us know more. so if u dont know, we dont know...

Captain REX
There seems to be a great number of Knights who evaded death at the execution of Order 66, whether by being in the right place and the right time, or by just not being there for it.

There were supposedly 10,000 Knights by the time of TPM.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by DrDoom101
we know as much as you do, some of us know more. so if u don't know, we don't know...

So i guess ill read info from the some who know more then. It's why i put this post up.

If i don't know, they don't? Didn't get that. But I digress..

BTW, was Quinlan Vos a survivor? I heard about him hiding out in Kashyyk right when the Order was executed. i think he was trying to evade the Clones but i forgot if he was killed or if he got away.

Darth Avis
yea vos lived.

Ganner Rhysode
But, unfortunatley, not for long. =/

exanda kane
Hmm. Vos was still alive to meet a young Han Solo though. Cant have been many years before ANH. Theres also that Jedi that gets shot down by Vader and then is made into a god by some primitive planet or something.

Jack O'Neil
I'm sure their weren't no 10,000 Jedi knights during the Clone Wars for Mace Windu said he was taken all the Jedi Knights he could to go save Obi and them which was 200. Some weren't at that battle but then again their weren't their a shortage of Jedi Knights for the war (Because that was a main reason they made Anakin a knight referring to the cartoon which sucked but what happened as in events are true to the most part)

exanda kane
Erm well it is a big galaxy.

Jack O'Neil
That's sort of why they have a clone army.

exanda kane
I think they said that its 10,000 at TPM time. Sounds reasonable for all the billions and billions of people in the galaxy. And what was there, sposed to be 1 billion Clones altogether or something like that, cant remember where i got that from, it seems to fit.

SS_181st_Snow
What about that female Jedi from DarkSaber? I don't think she counts exactly for "Living" Per se, but she haunted a ship, and took over one of Luke's students, so, well, it's something to consider I think.

Borbarad
There were 10,000 Jedi in TPM times.
The number of Jedi who survived the purge is pretty much unknown if you consider all EU sources.

The number of people who survived the Clone Wars and the purge is limited to 40 or 50 (if using all EU sources) and there is another amount of about 20 people who joined the Dark Side during or after the events of the purge (Anakin becoming Vader, Jerec and his friends becoming servants of the Emperor and so on).

Council#13
I think about 10000 jedi active then about 6-7 survivors. talk about massacres

Canadadude
all the Jedi died in the purge. The only ones who survived were Obi-Wan and Yoda. The last Jedi Knight was Luke Skywalker at the end of the movies.

exanda kane
Thats only non EU. I think this is EU forum - to be honest i cant be bothered to move the cursor down to check...

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Canadadude
all the Jedi died in the purge. The only ones who survived were Obi-Wan and Yoda. The last Jedi Knight was Luke Skywalker at the end of the movies.

Well, for one, maybe Yoda and Obi didn't think there were any survivors. And 2, I doubt all the jedi could've been killed, there has to be some survivors. If the empire did make a thorough search, they'd've swept Tatooine and Degobah as well, thus killing Obi and Yoda. You can't always go with what you see and hear at the moment, you've got to use...dare I ask from this forum..Logic.

exanda kane
Were there any PT Jedi that survive the fall of the Empire though?

Ushgarak
No, absolutely not- Yoda is very clear on this; Luke is the last of the Jedi.

But as mentioned previously, even in non-EU, Yoda and Obi-Wan discuss that there might be other survivors then, and they even bothered to have that entire plotline of shutting the signal down, so that others might live.

exanda kane
Dammit Ush - was just asking a question lol. Possibly would have been good enough.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, absolutely not- Yoda is very clear on this; Luke is the last of the Jedi.

Yoda was lying just to make Luke feel special and important.

2 Jedi from the Old Republic that saw the fall of the Empire were Vima DaBoda, an elderly human who lived on Nar Shadda, and Ood Bnar, a species of sentient tree who lived on Ossus.

Ushgarak
No, sorry, that was a direct line of information from GL to the audience. Mythologically it is essential- Luke is the last Jedi.

Council#13
Wait, the Jedi Purge lasted until Palpatine died, so only a few (not even Obi-Wan since the empire was still hunting down jedi) survived, the most notable being yoda. this is just a theory

bobcrickett
The Jedi Purge lasted until the Death Star was active, because by that point, Palpatine assumed that whatever Jedi remained were unable to fight him for various reasons, or that they were all dead. I'm sure he assumed Obi-Wan and Yoda were still alive, however. The focus of the Empire moved on to other things that were more important than slaughtering the weaklings that were no longer threats; namely, the Rebellion.

Try combing through Wikicities Star Wars; it's not that reliable, but it is reliable enough to suss who lived and who died.

Most of the Jedi that survived past ROTJ, since EU decided to take away Luke's importance in that respect and made him all powerful and unifying to compensate, were mostly crippled. Empatajayos Brand, trained by Master Yaddle, was shot down by Vader, and lived on a planet where he was given cybernetic replacements for his body. Callista Ming was trapped in the computer of one of Palpy's superweapons.

Council#13
Eh???

Alkaselzer
I understand it. no expression

Council#13
I must be blind

Tangible God
Originally posted by Jack O'Neil
I'm sure their weren't no 10,000 Jedi knights during the Clone Wars for Mace Windu said he was taken all the Jedi Knights he could to go save Obi and them which was 200. Some weren't at that battle but then again their weren't their a shortage of Jedi Knights for the war (Because that was a main reason they made Anakin a knight referring to the cartoon which sucked but what happened as in events are true to the most part) As was said, the Jedi were spread throughout the galaxy trying to keep the peace. So out of 10 000 thousand, only 200 were left on Coruscant to Answer Mace's "call."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.