Animal Man VS. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

Debate.

DarkCrawler
Animal Man.

This happens on DC Earth, I suppose? He can take the powers of Superman, if he wishes to do so.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Animal Man.

This happens on DC Earth, I suppose? He can take the powers of Superman, if he wishes to do so.

He's never done it before so he most likely wouldn't. I still say with the versatility he has assuming it's not some sort of barren field he could potentially beat Wonder woman. Currently i'm thinking 5,5 for Animal man.

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
I think Superman counts as mammal.

Wickerman
Wait a second. Is she immune to venom? Because he could just take the most dangerous venom on earth (some water snake i think, or some frog or something) and simply touch WW. Only problem i'd see is the lasso. But even so, his metamorphic powers should allow him to even ......turn into a fly and fly out of it or something right? Or does that whole "magic lasso" crap also mean that it's impossible to get out once caught?

~wickerman~

Wickerman
I think Superman counts as mammal.

Nor is it known what would happen if Buddy would try to use his abilities on an alien animal

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Wickerman
Nor is it known what would happen if Buddy would try to use his abilities on an alien animal

~wickerman~

Well, this ability could be useful too:

I suppose Wonder Woman doesn't count as animal...?

Superherovandal
He wouldn't count as a mammal. He isn't like any besides the looks of a human. His bio-physiology is entirely different.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Superherovandal
He wouldn't count as a mammal. He isn't like any besides the looks of a human. His bio-physiology is entirely different.

What about all the other DC heroes? Aquaman? Flash?

Wickerman
Well, this ability could be useful too:

I suppose Wonder Woman doesn't count as animal...?

No......she's a BEAST naughty

.......i got nuthin' . Time to get Draco big grin

~wickerman~

Piedmon
Assuming the animals he needs are present, Animal Man could adopt the boneless, slick attributes of an Eel's body, and slide out of the lasso.

I don't know that poison would affect Wonder Woman, but since she's a clay statue animated to life by the Gods, I'm leaning towards 'no.'

There's really nothing in the animal kingdom of earth that could outstrength Wonder Woman. It's possible that if Buddy adopted the weight of a Blue Whale and jumped on her.... well, no, even that would hardly slow her down.

He'd have to draw pure power from the Red in order to be able to compete with Wonder Woman at all. And that would entail a possible sacrifice of his humanity--I imagine that in all but the most extreme circumstances, Buddy would try to avoid doing it.

grey fox
Animal man wins this , their was a huge thread on Animal man a while back and we realised that he just about owns everyone since as soon as you touch the planet he's on you become one with the red .

Wickerman
Originally posted by Piedmon
Assuming the animals he needs are present, Animal Man could adopt the boneless, slick attributes of an Eel's body, and slide out of the lasso.

I don't know that poison would affect Wonder Woman, but since she's a clay statue animated to life by the Gods, I'm leaning towards 'no.'

There's really nothing in the animal kingdom of earth that could outstrength Wonder Woman. It's possible that if Buddy adopted the weight of a Blue Whale and jumped on her.... well, no, even that would hardly slow her down.

He'd have to draw pure power from the Red in order to be able to compete with Wonder Woman at all. And that would entail a possible sacrifice of his humanity--I imagine that in all but the most extreme circumstances, Buddy would try to avoid doing it.

That's what i was thinking, that he can't break out with strength, since the lasso can't be broken, but that he doesn't have to.

Since she does bleed when hurt, and gets bruised and such, and in that elseworld comic Kingdom something she and Supes had a baby i'm willing to think her body functions pretty much like a human's, even if on a higher level. Not to mention that one single drop of that venom can kill like a dozen people, and animal man could pump gallons worth into her simply by touch. I'd say that should have an effect on her unless it's stated somewhere that she's immune to poison.

Hey, if a whale falling on Namor took him out, i'm sure it'd hurt WW big grin (joking).

I'm not sure if it'd be in-character to access the red in that fashion, but if there's no CIS involved, he probably would.

~wickerman~

Draco69
Wait a second. Is she immune to venom? Because he could just take the most dangerous venom on earth (some water snake i think, or some frog or something) and simply touch WW. Only problem i'd see is the lasso. But even so, his metamorphic powers should allow him to even ......turn into a fly and fly out of it or something right? Or does that whole "magic lasso" crap also mean that it's impossible to get out once caught?

~wickerman~

Yes. WW is immune to any and all poisons due to her gifts from Demeter. Joker's best venom had no effect on her. Not to mention I doubt any animal poison would have absolutely any effect on someone who's immune to radiation as well....

Draco69
And it depends on who you ask if WW is a mammal or not. I doubt it would work because godly magic is funky like that...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69
And it depends on who you ask if WW is a mammal or not. I doubt it would work because godly magic is funky like that...

Thats what i was thinking. Because her body seems to function like an animal's. Not nec. mammal, since animal man has taken on bird, and reptile features before. But seeing as how there's godly magic involved, i can understand why it might not work.

~wickerman~

grey fox
Has darkseid ever touched earths ground , Because if he has then wonder-women is toast.

Draco69
Thats what i was thinking. Because her body seems to function like an animal's. Not nec. mammal, since animal man has taken on bird, and reptile features before. But seeing as how there's godly magic involved, i can understand why it might not work.

~wickerman~

Well the thing is that Diana IS human. Physically that is. However her strength, speed, durability, etc. are all MAGICAL. It's not biological or physiological in nature. It's magical spell that permerates through her body.

The thing with Animal Man is that he requires BIOLOGICAL absorption/copying of an animal. If Animal Man attempts this with WW, he'll get nothing but human "powers". Not her gifts from the gods, which by the way will work for her and only for her.

Wickerman
Originally posted by grey fox
Has darkseid ever touched earths ground , Because if he has then wonder-women is toast.

Yes, but he's most definitely an alien, hence not native to earth, hence we have no idea what would happen if AM tried to use his powers.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Well the thing is that Diana IS human. Physically that is. However her strength, speed, durability, etc. are all MAGICAL. It's not biological or physiological in nature. It's magical spell that permerates through her body.

The thing with Animal Man is that he requires BIOLOGICAL absorption/copying of an animal. If Animal Man attempts this with WW, he'll get nothing but human "powers". Not her gifts from the gods, which by the way will work for her and only for her.

I understand where you're coming from. How do you think Diana would fare vs. blasts "from the Red" ?

~wickerman~

Draco69
*shrugs*

Diana has a divine connection with Gaea herself (The friggin planet). Who knows? It may or may not work. She's like the Earth's messiah. Nature beckons to her. Animals bow before her. So who knows?

grey fox
Yes, but he's most definitely an alien, hence not native to earth, hence we have no idea what would happen if AM tried to use his powers.

~wickerman~

Me and a few other members theorized that if animal man was on marvel earth he would just about own anyone... think about it , homo superior is a natural evolution therefore he could gain any/all mutant powers he wanted.

Wickerman
Me and a few other members theorized that if animal man was on marvel earth he would just about own anyone... think about it , homo superior is a natural evolution therefore he could gain any/all mutant powers he wanted.

Pretty much. Hulk would be fair game too, since he was initially human wink

Draco: Is there no way she could be affected through the use of bacteria?

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
You know, Animal Man could just take the powers of bacteria, and reproduce. He could take all the powers of DC heroes whose powers are genetic (and who are humans) and create thousands of copies of himself.

Wonder Woman would have troubles.

Draco69

Draco: Is there no way she could be affected through the use of bacteria?

~wickerman~

I highly doubt it. As I said she's immune to any and all earthly diseases via Demeter's protections. If it was an alien bacteria of very high potency it would be possible. But Diana's immune system and healing factor (yes she has somewhat of a healing factor, not nearly as fast or as good as Wolverine's but it gets the job done) is extremely hardy.

grey fox
So in a way diana is now a jobber since (from my point of view) she has just about immunity to everything through the protection of one god or another.

Wickerman
I highly doubt it. As I said she's immune to any and all earthly diseases via Demeter's protections. If it was an alien bacteria of very high potency it would be possible. But Diana's immune system and healing factor (yes she has somewhat of a healing factor, not nearly as fast or as good as Wolverine's but it gets the job done) is extremely hardy.

I meant the reproduction (kinda like what Darkcrawler said, but without the extensive explanations) wink

~wickerman~

Draco69
Oh. That's different. Yes, I suppose that would work. I'm not saying WW would win, I just came in here to say that snake poison and copying her powers wouldn't work.

Most likely, If Animal Man would stop acting like an idiot. PIS/CIS off. Animal Man SHOULD win.

Draco69
So in a way diana is now a jobber since (from my point of view) she has just about immunity to everything through the protection of one god or another.

So far she has immunities to such:

Fire/Heat
Ice/Cold
Poison/Radiaton
Magic
Absorption
Telepathy

Wickerman
Oh. That's different. Yes, I suppose that would work. I'm not saying WW would win, I just came in here to say that snake poison and copying her powers wouldn't work.

Most likely, If Animal Man would stop acting like an idiot. PIS/CIS off. Animal Man SHOULD win.

Pretty much my own POV.

~wickerman~

grey fox
So far she has immunities to such:

Fire/Heat
Ice/Cold
Poison/Radiaton
Magic
Absorption
Telepathy

Damn what the hell isn't she protected against.

Soon enough she will be able to kill anyone simply because she (insert random gods name here) blessing.

Wickerman
Damn what the hell isn't she protected against.

Soon enough she will be able to kill anyone simply because she (insert random gods name here) blessing.

That's why you bring in stronger and stronger and stronger characters, then you depower the character and start over again.

~wickerman~

stormfront13
animal man beat supermasn in his own comic, and superman was unable to hurt him when he copied a few animals durability and combined them all.

DarkCrawler
Seriously? I would like to read it...do you have the issue?

LethalFemme
If he turns into an animal would Diana be able to control him? Also if they're around animals then she can use them for her bidding too. And finally DC may have given her the short end of the stick when it comes to offense but, defense she owns. Oh and finally once in the lasso there's no escape by any means.

Juntai
Seeing as he's never used his abilities on humans or stolen another human's powers, I'm assuming he can't currently.

LethalFemme
So am I, so because of that she wins and easily at that.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Juntai
Seeing as he's never used his abilities on humans or stolen another human's powers, I'm assuming he can't currently.

Human is an mammal. Animal Man can therefore use their powers.

There is no reason why he COULDN'T do it.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by LethalFemme
If he turns into an animal would Diana be able to control him? Also if they're around animals then she can use them for her bidding too. And finally DC may have given her the short end of the stick when it comes to offense but, defense she owns. Oh and finally once in the lasso there's no escape by any means.

She doesn't actually control animals...they just genearlly like her. Normal animals don't attack her.

You think that thousand Animal Man's with the porpotional strength of, let's say flea are pounding on him? Or strength of Aquaman?

He can absorb every being that has walked on Earth. Aquaman is not an alien. Nor are lot of other DC heroes.

Animal Man wins.

long pig
From my understanding, the animal must be BORN on earth and must have DIED on earth before it enters the Red.

LethalFemme
Ha if that's true she so wins it's not even funny.

Superherovandal
doesn't that mean he could emulate the powers of Hyperman? or like Aquaman or Grundy

Juntai
Human is an mammal. Animal Man can therefore use their powers.

There is no reason why he COULDN'T do it.
Then why hasn't he?
Why does he choose "speed of a cheeta" over "Speed of Barry Allen", you know what I'm saying?
And we know it's not a matter of a he can, but just chooses not to, like Flash ending fights with a lightspeed punches, because we know that he CAN do that, because he HAS done it.
Where the same could not be said for animal man.
He hasn't to my knowledge EVER used the abilities of another humanoid.

long pig
Not really.

He can pull off some really cool thing by adding multiples of power on top of each other.

He can take the mass of a Brontosaurus(100 tons?) and then take the strength of a Rhino Beetle (Can lift something like 850x it's own weight), so then he's be able to lift 850x the weight of a brontosuarus.

Then he can take on the durability of a roach, and add it to the mass of a bronto, and yada yada...speed of a hawk...yadayada.

He'd win pretty easily.

DarkCrawler
Then why hasn't he?
Why does he choose "speed of a cheeta" over "Speed of Barry Allen", you know what I'm saying?
And we know it's not a matter of a he can, but just chooses not to, like Flash ending fights with a lightspeed punches, because we know that he CAN do that, because he HAS done it.
Where the same could not be said for animal man.
He hasn't to my knowledge EVER used the abilities of another humanoid.

Because he is not that smart of a fighter.

He actually used the strenght of an elephant and speed of an tiger for long time, before he realized that using the abilities of bugs is much better. Humans are mammals. Or haven't you heard about it before... confused

DarkCrawler
Ha if that's true she so wins it's not even funny.

*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)
Long Pig already beat me to it.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by long pig
Not really.

He can pull off some really cool thing by adding multiples of power on top of each other.

He can take the mass of a Brontosaurus(100 tons?) and then take the strength of a Rhino Beetle (Can lift something like 850x it's own weight), so then he's be able to lift 850x the weight of a brontosuarus.

Then he can take on the durability of a roach, and add it to the mass of a bronto, and yada yada...speed of a hawk...yadayada.

He'd win pretty easily.

And then he can multiply himself thousand times. WW is going down.

long pig

long pig
Assuming the recent reports of "tabletop fusion" are correct, Buddy could copy either a snapping shrimp or a mantis shrimp, and gain the power to trigger nuclear fusion by punching it.

Wiki says: "When the air bubble implodes it momentarily reaches temperatures of several thousand kelvin, comparable to the temperature of the outer layer of the Sun."

hehe
Rhizocephalans! (Shell-less barnacles which parasitize crabs) The power to change targets' sex at will!

DarkCrawler
And he could do all that in same time. smile

long pig
And he could do all that in same time. smile
Yeah, he just doesn't due to CIS.

I just remembered, the animal doesn't have to be born on Earth, it just needs to die to pass through the Red.

Superman and Doomsday both died on earth.

Animal Man at the theoretical top of his game, copying the right animals, as many as he can at the time (or switching as necessary), is potentially a massive powerhouse - strength far exceeding class 100, multi-mach speed, a whole shitpile of enhanced and nonhuman senses, regeneration, good damage soak, ability to replicate self into several copies every second, flight, superfast swimming and burrowing, ability to breathe in water, vastly sped-up reflexes and slower time perception, sonic blasts, electric shocks, stink-based attacks if he wants etc. etc. etc.

DarkCrawler
Animal Man probably resembled something like this when he saw Superman die in TV:

Happy Dance

Juntai
Because he is not that smart of a fighter.

He actually used the strenght of an elephant and speed of an tiger for long time, before he realized that using the abilities of bugs is much better. Humans are mammals. Or haven't you heard about it before... confused Mammal, or not, he's NEVER done it. Until he does it at least once, or a similar feat, I'll continue to doubt it. Currently, it's all theoretical bullshitting.

LethalFemme
Yeah cause WW is gonna satnd still and let him do this and like she can't use the lasso to change him back . roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Why would the lasso change him back?

Wickerman
Not really.

He'd win pretty easily.

Yes, they stack. I agree.

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Mammal, or not, he's NEVER done it. Until he does it at least once, or a similar feat, I'll continue to doubt it. Currently, it's all theoretical bullshitting.

I have similar feat.

He takes on powers of gorilla. Another mammal.

He probably doesn't do it because he hasn't realized it yet...

DarkCrawler
Yeah cause WW is gonna satnd still and let him do this and like she can't use the lasso to change him back . roll eyes (sarcastic)

I takes him a second to do that all.

Wickerman

How the heck is the lasso gonna change him back? What the f**k? . You do know she doesn't win just cause she's a woman right? laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Juntai
I have similar feat.

He takes on powers of gorilla. Another mammal.

He probably doesn't do it because he hasn't realized it yet... Until I see him mimic other super-heroes, I won't believe he can. I'd be just as quick to believe Wolverine could mimic other heros. Hey, he's never done it either, doesn't mean he CAN'T right?

Wickerman
Until I see him mimic other super-heroes, I won't believe he can. I'd be just as quick to believe Wolverine could mimic other heros. Hey, he's never done it either, doesn't mean he CAN'T right?

not very inspired analogy if you ask me erm

A similar thought is Apocalypse with his "can take any super power he requires" thing in all his bios. But i still won't believe it until i see some proof. Just like i agree with you that AM MIGHT be able to take the powers of superheroes, but i haven't seen any evidence, so.....
But he can win without having to do that.

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Until I see him mimic other super-heroes, I won't believe he can. I'd be just as quick to believe Wolverine could mimic other heros. Hey, he's never done it either, doesn't mean he CAN'T right?

Umm...huh? Last I checked, Wolverine's powers are not taking the powers of every living being that has been on the planet. Animal Man's are. Human = Mammal = Animal.

The comic would be pretty stupid if he would just take the powers of Superman every time he fights someone.

Wickerman
Umm...huh? Last I checked, Wolverine's powers are not taking the powers of every living being that has been on the planet. Animal Man's are. Human = Mammal = Animal.

The comic would be pretty stupid if he would just take the powers of Superman every time he fights someone.

The OP didn't mention CIS or PIS being or not being involved sad

~wickerman~

yahman
Animal Man.

When i first heard how powerful you thought this guy was, i thought it some sort of joke, but after reading this post its not hard to understand how powerful this guy can be. Can he have more than one animal ability at a time ? Bacteria and Insects are the key !!!!!!!!!!!! If you can have own a variety of their abilities at the same time, and then replicate yourself at the same rate a s bacteria do, there are very few people that are going to beat you. One will over whelm opponents with superior numbers .

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by yahman
When i first heard how powerful you thought this guy was, i thought it some sort of joke, but after reading this post its not hard to understand how powerful this guy can be. Can he have more than one animal ability at a time ? Bacteria and Insects are the key !!!!!!!!!!!! If you can have own a variety of their abilities at the same time, and then replicate yourself at the same rate a s bacteria do, there are very few people that are going to beat you. One will over whelm opponents with superior numbers .

He can have as many abilities he wants on the same time.

Juntai

The comic would be pretty stupid if he would just take the powers of Superman every time he fights someone. Right, but the point is, he's never done, and neither has Wolverine .
Until I see one of them taking other characters powers, Animal Man, just like Wolverine, will be considered unable to.

yahman
He can have as many abilities he wants on the same time.

Reactions Of the Mongoose
Stem cell Healing factor
Claws a sharp as Nettle's sting
Infra Red Vision and Sonar from Snakes and Dolphins
Acid dispensers from Beatles
The ability to jump like a flea
The flight and sight of a hawk
Strength of a Rhino beetle + Weight of a blue whale (We are there fore talking over 10 000 tons)
Bones as strong as spider silk
Skin as thick as Rhino's
Protection from Radiation/cold, from bacteria
Ability to photosynthesise
Bacteria Replication
Electrical charges from Eels

The list goes on !!!!!!!!!

DarkCrawler

Wickerman
Right, but the point is, he's never done, and neither has Wolverine .
Until I see one of them taking other characters powers, Animal Man, just like Wolverine, will be considered unable to.

Agreed, but that won't stop him from winning.

~wickerman~

jrodslam
Insects and bugs count as animals for Animal Man?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jrodslam
Insects and bugs count as animals for Animal Man?

About everything living does.

LethalFemme
Why would the lasso change him back?

It's the lasso of truth which means it would reveal the truth like it has done to countless other that have been changed mentally, physically or spiritually.

Wickerman
It's the lasso of truth which means it would reveal the truth like it has done to countless other that have been changed mentally, physically or spiritually.

He's not faking anything though. It's the true him.

The lasso would do nothing sad

~wickerman~

LethalFemme
it would still keep him there trapped and under her control.........

DarkCrawler
What if he, you know, dodges it.

Wickerman
it would still keep him there trapped and under her control.........

First she'd have to catch him, which in itself would be quite difficult. Then she'd have to be able to retain him, which again would prove to be near impossible i'd say. I'm sure you have an affinity towards her seeing as how she's a woman and all, but don't let that cloud your judgement smile

~wickerman~

Milkie
UP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.