Which actor portrayed Batman the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Meaning what actor was the most truly convincing "Batman" in the movies.

braz
Christian Bale definitely and as Bruce Wayne also, even though his voice as batman was a LITTLE exaggeratted....but still, i found him to be the most intimidating...then id say keaton, then val kilmer, then clooney..pff clooeny was bad as batman....he was smiling as batman on the cover lol batman DOES NOT smile...his objetive is to strike fear into the hearts of criminals

mattador
laughing out loud You put Christopher Nolan in the poll instead of Christian Bale who was the one who played Batman, Nolan was the director wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by braz
Christian Bale definitely and as Bruce Wayne also, even though his voice as batman was a LITTLE exaggeratted....but still, i found him to be the most intimidating...then id say keaton, then val kilmer, then clooney..pff clooeny was bad as batman....he was smiling as batman on the cover lol batman DOES NOT smile...his objetive is to strike fear into the hearts of criminals

Yeah Bale was easily best as BOTH bruce wayne/batman over the others.No contest.then I'd say Kilmer,than Keaton then clooney.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by mattador
laughing out loud You put Christopher Nolan in the poll instead of Christian Bale who was the one who played Batman, Nolan was the director wink

yeah I thought that was funny to. laughing

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah I thought that was funny to. laughing

ah tihs,..Chris Bale i meant...

lol

mattador
its okay, easy mistake yes

Scarecrow756
I have to say that Christian Bale portrayed Batman the best, but despite saying that I also think that Michael Keaton did also a great job as Batman.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by mattador
its okay, easy mistake yes

Can a mod fix it?

Ultimate Hulk43
I haven't seen Batman Begins yet but I still voted for Christian Bale.

mattador
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Can a mod fix it?

Yeah but its not that big a deal, I think most ppl will still know what you are talking about wink

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43

That was sensible, lol

Why not watch the movie 1st, then make a choice. What if you don't like it, and you ruin my poll, laughing out loud

Anyway, I liked both Bale and Keaton as Batman but since I was undecided, I picked Keaton just because I don't see myself watching "Batman Begins" as much as I watched "Batman '89". And I guess, it's obviously for a reason, (lol, that's gonna draw out mr.parker unwantingly) And because I knew every one would pick Bale.

Ultimate Hulk43
I've seen the clips and the 10 minute special they had on TV,Bale nailed it.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43

Do yourself a favor and buy it. Please do.

Mr. Parker and I have argued many times about who best portrayed bruce wayne/Batman. So far I have decided Bale was by far the best on both accounts. After him Keaton was the best actual batman, but not such a good bruce. Kilmer was a good bruce but not the best batman. And to bring Clooney into the picture....He just sucked in general.

Chack out this PM parker sent me big grin

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm getting it for Christmas.

Punkyhermy
Chris Nolan is NOT an actor.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Punkyhermy

That's been realized.

mattador
Originally posted by Mandorallen
That's been realized.

Yes, for a long time now.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Punkyhermy

See..

I'm gonna have the Mod fix it.

Zarathustra
Kevin Conroy... but for the purposes of this poll, Christian Bale. I just believe him in the part better.

b-dan
i put michel keton cuz i dont see chritane bale anywere if he was id pick him ,ichel is my second pick

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by b-dan
i put michel keton cuz i dont see chritane bale anywere if he was id pick him ,ichel is my second pick

lol

I meant Bale instead of Nolan.

Lord Shadow Z
1. Christian Bale
2. Val Kilmer
3. Michael Keaton

And thats all the Batman actors I care to recognise...

smiley8
I always thought no one could have topped Keaton as Batman but Bale does it so Bale as the best but Keaton a close second.

Mainstream
Originally posted by smiley8
I always thought no one could have topped Keaton as Batman but Bale does it so Bale as the best but Keaton a close second.

my thoughts exactly...Keaton was a great Batman until Bale came along.

Mr Parker
Man michael keaton was the worst casting choice in comicbook history.pudgy gut,receding hairline half bald,short runt michael keaton for tall,muscualr,handsome full set of hair bruce wayne? what a total joke and insult to true batman fans.Bale was the best with Kilmer at second.

smiley8
Man michael keaton was the worst casting choice in comicbook history.pudgy gut,receding hairline half bald,short runt michael keaton for tall,muscualr,handsome full set of hair bruce wayne? what a total joke and insult to true batman fans.Bale was the best with Kilmer at second.

None of the actors that have portrayed Batman could be called an insult to the character. Like i have said before, without Keaton's Batman there would have been no Bale's Batman. I admit that Bale is a better casting than Keaton but we can only say that now, 16 years after Keaton first put on the cowl. In another sixteen years someone else will probably saying another actor is better at batman than bale!! Each of the different actors that have portrayed Batman have given us a new perspective on batman (even Clooney!!), allowing the character to survive all this time!!

Mando
None of the actors that have portrayed Batman could be called an insult to the character. Like i have said before, without Keaton's Batman there would have been no Bale's Batman. I admit that Bale is a better casting than Keaton but we can only say that now, 16 years after Keaton first put on the cowl. In another sixteen years someone else will probably saying another actor is better at batman than bale!! Each of the different actors that have portrayed Batman have given us a new perspective on batman (even Clooney!!), allowing the character to survive all this time!! \

thumb up Very good point that hasn't been brought up yet.

Doc Ock
I loved Michael Keaton as Batman.He was great.

Kilmer wasn't bad either.If he had a more decent script he might have been even better.

Clooney was a joke.

And Bale of course was brilliant.

roughrider
A vote for Christopher Nolan is a vote for Christian Bale. Looks like Bale is the choice right now, correctly so.
Michael Keaton wasn't the best physical choice at the time ( and boy did I scream bloody murder at the time) but he convinced me through performance and atitude; he's No.2
Val Kilmer could have been really good, but the Schumacher silliness was starting, so his potential was unrealized.
George Clooney...Batman & Robin (shivers) - he can go sit next to Adam West!

Doc Ock
Adam West impressed me more than Clooney did.At least Adam West knew he was doing camp,Clooney actually thought he was doing a serious Batman movie lol big grin

Dark_as_Knight
yea i agree, conroy definitely has been a great bat. but as far as live action, it's Bale, then Keaton

Punkyhermy
Bale is teh rock!

apoc001
agreed. Bale gives Batman a more dark, vigilante-type appearance than the others.

I've decided to just forget that Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were made, and go with these new Batman movies.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by apoc001
I've decided to just forget that Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were made, and go with these new Batman movies.

Will you forget about Batman '89?

If so shame on you!

mad

Mr Parker
actually he would be an intelligent batfan if he decided to forget batman 89 as well. big grin

smiley8
Actually, he wouldn't be ANY type of batfan if he decided to forget batman 89. smart

kanis
alucard To me as well their is no batman & robin. After Christian bale it would be kilmer and Keaton but the only bad actor choice was in the first batman with gorden and of course the joker, the penguin in the second bat-film were all badly made up.

Mando
Actually, he wouldn't be ANY type of batfan if he decided to forget batman 89. smart

Very good point. Maybe a ''bad' batfan.

FistOfThe North
actually he would be an intelligent batfan if he decided to forget batman 89 as well. big grin

Inteligent opinions are always welcomed.

big grin

Mando
The more and more I think about this thread the more and more I feel the need to say this.

No actor portrays batman the 'best'. The viewer is really the one who portrays batman. Your thoughts and beliefs portray batman, and decides on if one actor is the best choice for that person's own visuals of batman. Batman isn't the same to everyone. to some people he's a merciful hero, and to some people he is a cold hearted Beast, with a terrible past Who isn't afraid to take a life. What I'm trying to say is There is no definite batman, or for that matter there is no 'best' actor to play batman. But their are perfect actors to play the batman that one thinks is suitable to play his/her own thoughts of batman.

opinion-a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.