Which director portrayed Batman the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
Which director portrayed Batman the best? Post your opinions here and do not forget to vote.

mattador
Its all about atmosphere

Burton's Gotham was too campy
Shumacher's Gotham was too colorful
But Nolan's was juuust right wink

Mr Parker
Nolan by far easily.Like you said,Schumachers was too colorful, and Burtons too campy and too dark.Nolan's was perfect and just right.

FistOfThe North
I picked Tim Burton. Batman '89 was perfect for Burton's direction with the Joker and Batman in the movie because Burtons style, perfectly described, is 2 words: Dark Humor.

Batman is a comic character, way more than a movie character, which is the way Nolan aggressively represents him. Not to say i didn't like "Batman Begins". I'm just saying that Batman is not a movie star that's all.

animal666
Maybe in future batman movies, Nolan should throw references to the cadmus project, or "the return" of big blue....what say?
Nolan's my choice for Batman Movies, Joel almost ruined the franchise!
Burton was good too, for his time.....this is Nolan's time!

Mr Parker
actually joel and burton BOTH almost ruined it.Thank god for nolan for doing the cape crusaders character justice and giving us a good batman film.

Silverstein
Nolan's bat ruled. who the hell picked burton?

Bossman
Burton was good. Batman 89 proved Batman could come again to the big screen and not be a big joke. He brought us the new Batman!!! Leaving behind Adam West, far far behind. With that said I had to pick Nolan because I think his Batman had more style and realism. It was a tough choice though. Without Burton setting the standard, I don't think Nolan's would have been the same. When it comes to Schumacher, heh, heh, heh!!! Who's Joel Schumacher!!!batman

NoFate007
I think everyone pretty much agrees that it goes Nolan, then Burton, then..well we can't even count Joel

Cascador
I cant say who comes first...both are different and very good, that's it...But yeah since Burton was first I voted for him.

Bardock42
Buit wait, this is aboot who portrayed Batan the best, not who made the best movie. How can anyone think that either Burton or Schumacher portrayed Batman better than Nolan? Both of those Batmen were NOT the Batman the way he is.

Cascador
on the contrary! Batman is known from the old comics with his yellow sign, yellow belt, gadgets...all that Keaton had...You don't hear me complaining but Bale almost didn't have gadgets, his suit is new but cool.

Morridini
I think there is more to portraying Batman then copying the suit 100%

Bardock42
Originally posted by Cascador
on the contrary! Batman is known from the old comics with his yellow sign, yellow belt, gadgets...all that Keaton had...You don't hear me complaining but Bale almost didn't have gadgets, his suit is new but cool.

I think Batman is mostly known for kicking major ass....Keaton didn't...don't get me wrong, I love that movie but it is not a real portrayal of Batman...of any Batman. Schumacher was even worse...

Silverstein
There were changes to Batman in Batman Begins, if you look at it from the original comics point of view, but id say, they can either change it so its amazing, or not change it at all...bb is based on year one i think and thats a comic

OB1-adobe
there is a lot of stuff from those versions I would love to frankenstien into one movie.

Bale as batman
Kilmers black suit
Burtons batmobile
Nolan's love intrest
Burton's catwoman
Nicholsan joker
Nolan's Gotham
Nolan's alfred
Shumacher's robin (I thought odonnel was okay)
Burtons music theme

exanda kane
Nolan's portrayal of batman as a character appears much more dark in a realist sense.

Burton's batman was just dark in the strange Burton 'dark'.

Joel's Batman is the darkest if we look at it in the way that Robin tries to protest his homosexuality and is constantly foiled by reality, and that of his homo erotic partner.

Cascador
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
there is a lot of stuff from those versions I would love to frankenstien into one movie.

Bale as batman
Kilmers black suit
Burtons batmobile
Nolan's love intrest
Burton's catwoman
Nicholsan joker
Nolan's Gotham
Nolan's alfred
Shumacher's robin (I thought odonnel was okay)
Burtons music theme

Kilmer's black suit with the nipples? NO WAY!!! stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Cascador
Kilmer's black suit with the nipples? NO WAY!!! stick out tongue

Okay without the nipples. Like its a big deal.

You gotta admit, the suit did look good though. Kind of a glossy black, with the gold belt.

returns suit was good too

Cascador
It IS a big deal, the nipples! It made Kilmer the most gay Batman ever, like he's not gay enough....lol

OB1-adobe
Is there a website that shows high res pix of all the batman suits from the movies and tv show.

exanda kane
Nah, nothing beats The "Homo erotic Adventures of Batman And Robin"

Oh, sorry, I meant Batman & Robin.

Mr Parker
Too many people here are complaining about the nipples from the schumacher batman films.Really thats just a trivial thing,the thing thet batman fans should have been much more outraged over the years is the burton batman films with keaton as batman,batman killing the joker,ect. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bakerboy
Nolan all the way. I hate the things that Burton and Schumacher did in their films.

Cascador
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Too many people here are complaining about the nipples from the schumacher batman films.Really thats just a trivial thing,the thing thet batman fans should have been much more outraged over the years is the burton batman films with keaton as batman,batman killing the joker,ect. roll eyes (sarcastic)

not everybody agrees with that! wink

Knightfall93
I reckon Joel Schumachers a load of pansy shit! He made Robin really like thay had Jonny Storm in F4. The difference: Dick Grayson should be much younger and not so campy and arsey but Storm should be just like that, but not CAMPY!

Knightfall93
Joel's films make me of a pic I saw the other day. Search "Batman on google images and you'll see a picture of "Gay Batman", kissing Robin. Look, it's hilarious and really Joel- ish. I love the classic '60s cos they're genuinely funny but Joel is just HOMOEROTIC!

roughrider
Joel Samacher? laughing out loud Salamander?? laughing out loud Schmuckmeister??? laughing out loud

What the hey; Schumacher is a hack. Doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right here! stick out tongue

The answer is Christopher Nolan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.