Which is more important: AID Reasearch or Sasquatch Hunting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
So, days ago, a kid I know decides to come up with the following topic for debate, He says:

We should stop donating our school's extra money to AID research and fund it towards the hunt for Sasquatch.

I'm not exactly sure if he's serious.

Which do you think is more important? Honestly, I'm somewhere in between. I mean, it wouldn't exactly be a waiste of the school's money, they donated to the search for weapons of mass destruction and didn't find any.

It's a risk worth taking.

Victor Von Doom
Where to begin.

BackFire
......Should I?

..................Sasquatch...?

xmarksthespot
Well obviously finding a non-existent creature is more important than developing a treatment/cure for a disorder that kills a child every minute. That goes without saying.

Scoobless
pffft... you're only saying it's nonexistent because you haven't seen one.... maybe Sasquatchies... (sasquie?... what's the plural for sasquatch?) lol... anyway... maybe they hold the key to curing many diseases.... maybe they haven't been seen much because they're highly advanced in technology, allowing them to cloak themselves from us hairless apes..... maybe they taste good with pepper sauce

RedAlertv2
or maybe they dont existno expression

the money is far better spent on AIDS research

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
or maybe they dont existno expression

the money is far better spent on AIDS research Preposterous.... if they do that do you know what kind of implications that will have on my grant to investigate Leprechaun luck and the impact it's had on modern society.

crimsonphoenix
You guys arent thinking......If you catch sasquatch there is a possiblity that they might have a cure for it... It can be in the blood..........lol

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Scoobless
pffft... you're only saying it's nonexistent because you haven't seen one.... maybe Sasquatchies... (sasquie?... what's the plural for sasquatch?) lol... anyway... maybe they hold the key to curing many diseases.... maybe they haven't been seen much because they're highly advanced in technology, allowing them to cloak themselves from us hairless apes..... maybe they taste good with pepper sauce

ur sig creeps me out. its just scary...

Snoopbert
You're all short-sighted. There are plentyof documented "non-existing" species that have been found before. Take a look around on the net, or on Biology sites (not those stupid mystical ones either :rolleyessmile.

And, aids.

Victor Von Doom
I noticed in the paper today that some guy 'cured himself' of the HIV virus, which is unprecendented.

Normally if the virus isn't present in a test, the antibodies that are fighting it will be. He had neither.

FeceMan
Neither. Send the money to something more worthwhile, like curing cancer or making people not suck so much.

HigH ScholaR
Lol

MAYBE SASQUATCH HAS THE KEY TO CURING AIDS

LOL

debbiejo
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Lol

LOL Well just blend it's DNA...

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I noticed in the paper today that some guy 'cured himself' of the HIV virus, which is unprecendented.

Normally if the virus isn't present in a test, the antibodies that are fighting it will be. He had neither.

I saw a documentary in school about a disease that affects cats (mostly big cats) which is similar to AIDS. During a study of the disease, they found that some have cells which don't have the right size receptors to let the virus in, or something along those lines... They said it's possible that some humans could have the same type of resistance to HIV. Not that this has anything to do with the thread.

Whether or not Sasquatch exists has nothing to do with the question. The question is, "which is more important, looking for an animal that may or may not exist, or working on curing a lethal disease that has killed millions of people?" The answer should be obvious.

leonidas

the reasons for the negative on the second test is still unclear, but it is certainly interesting. there are false positives in in the test, often, and apparently there can also be false negatives. they need the guy to come back in to find out what is REALLY going on.

as far as saquatch -- i'm not prepared to definitively say some sort of ape-like hominid DOESN'T exist. however, i feel completely comfortable in saying -- that's interesting, but let's wipe out the things that are killing us first.

THEN we can head out into the woods and mountains and look for whatever we want . . .

Capt_Fantastic
Well, AIDS research, without a doubt.

But, I don't think that Bigfoot research is publically funded. On top of that, the government of several states have passed laws that provide for the creatures as a 'protected species'.

So, according to our government, it exists...the cure/prevention for AIDS does not.

I never understood how the state governments could pass laws to protect a creature that may or may not exist. That's like saying that it's illegal to talk to ghosts or shoot at aliens.

KharmaDog

I heard that too, I also heard that they are unsure if the original test was flawed or that his body actually fought it off and killed it. I look forward to se how this develops.

Recently I was watching T.V. and this news station did a flashback (to 1984 I think) where a Dr. was doing a press conference about the AIDS epidemic. What I thought was amusing (not in a ha ha way) was how he said that they should have a cure for it in approximatley 2 years. He was a little off it seems.

I think people are taking the Sasquatch reference a little too seriously, but I'll chime in on the big hairy guy just to be part of the 'gang'. As for Sasquatch, leave them alone. If they don't exist then it would be a colossal waste of time looking for them. If they do exist, I'd rather we left them alone so as humans are not responsible for f*cking up another species like we so often do.

PVS
i think funding should be applied to researching sasquatches with aids.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
i think funding should be applied to researching sasquatches with aids.

It was only a matter of time before someone said this.

PVS
and you're suprised it was me? huh

Mr _Whirlysplat

A flawed test originally methinks.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
A flawed test originally methinks.

Maybe.

Isn't looking like that at the moment though.

Prince Nauj
there wouldn't be so much aids crises if people would just protect themselves and stop being horny all the time but finding a sasquatch would be a lot of fun happy

Mr _Whirlysplat
Maybe.

Isn't looking like that at the moment though.

wait and see VVD. It really does not ring true.

Victor Von Doom
With luck it'll be a breakthrough.

Mr _Whirlysplat
With luck it'll be a breakthrough.

I think this is very unlikely, due to how HIV works, trust me something odd is going on here.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
Ah aids has a solutions....It's killed by frequency waves and people are taking certain machines to Africa and such places to do just that....Everything functions on different vibration levels, just like your medication does.....It mimics the vibrational level of the decease to it's higher destructive self and destroys it...same is done with these frequency vibrational machines....

KidRock
Good question.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
I think this is very unlikely, due to how HIV works, trust me something odd is going on here.

Have some faith man.

I tend to subscribe to the same view though.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Well obviously finding a non-existent creature is more important than developing a treatment/cure for a disorder that kills a child every minute. That goes without saying.

Cough..Darwinism..cough..hominid..cough...transitionals..cough..hypocrite...laughinglaughing

BackFire
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Cough..Darwinism..cough..hominid..cough...transitionals..cough..hypocrite...laughinglaughing

Please avoid trolling and bringing in topics from other threads.

debbiejo
There is a cure for aids already as I've stated.....or should I say HIV....Michael Jordan cured his in the manor I've described already...He went to Europe to do it.....

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo
There is a cure for aids already as I've stated.....or should I say HIV....Michael Jordan cured his in the manor I've described already...He went to Europe to do it.....

Michael Jordan had AIDS?

I hadn't heard that. Probably because he cured it with the magical Euro-vibratory contraption.

WindDancer
Magic Johnson is the one with AIDS. Michael Jordan only promotes shoes and cartoon movies.

debbiejo
Originally posted by WindDancer
Magic Johnson is the one with AIDS. Michael Jordan only promotes shoes and cartoon movies. Sorry, yeah him, and he did get a cure for that through "wave frequency therapy...I also own that machine now.....It killed pneumonia I had contracted again...along with other ailments....It really does work, but illegal in the US....got mine from South Africa.

xmarksthespot
The British man's case is dubious.
Cough..Darwinism..cough..hominid..cough...transitionals..cough..hypocrite...laughinglaughing Bitter much...?

Are you privy to tangible physical evidence of the existence of Sasquatch? Did Rudolf Virchow prove he exists...? Do enlighten me. Is not believing in Sasquatch, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Leprechauns, the Tooth Fairy, Elves etc. "groupthink" too? Oh, look you managed to make me believe in trolls.

debbiejo

Tooth Fairy, . cry..Tooth fairy??

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by debbiejo
cry..Tooth fairy?? Very nice lady... kinda stingy.

debbiejo
Very nice lady... kinda stingy. cheap too.... cool and forgetful.

whobdamandog
The British man's case is dubious.
Bitter much...?

Are you privy to tangible physical evidence of the existence of Sasquatch? Did Rudolf Virchow prove he exists...? Do enlighten me. Is not believing in Sasquatch, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Leprechauns, the Tooth Fairy, Elves etc. "groupthink" too? Oh, look you managed to make me believe in trolls.

Well there are those footprints that have been identified as being that of a Yeti. Many say that these footprints resemble footprints of modern apes.

The Sasquatch/Abomnidable Snowman are both thought to be Yeti's..ape-like creatures that existed long ago. So I guess if you think about it...much of modern science does actually focus on searching for the "Yeti"..however today we call this search "Neo-Darwinism" and the "Yeti" is now denoted by the more scientific sounding term.."hominid"...wink

By the way X..a little off topic..you are a woman? I always thought you were a dude. **sings to himself..***the crying game...laughinglaughing

xmarksthespot
By the way X..a little off topic..you are a woman? I always thought you were a dude. **sings to himself..***the crying game...laughinglaughing What the f**k? are you talking about? I'm a guy.

People who have to laugh at their own attempted jokes because no one else will = sad.

whobdamandog
What the f**k? are you talking about? I'm a guy.

Oh I thought you were a woman...Backfire used the word "she" when referring to you in that evo thread.

GCG
I smile cause i have no idea whats going on innocent

whobdamandog
Originally posted by GCG
I smile cause i have no idea whats going on innocent

A little gender confusion..nothing real serious..

By the way..the crying game is a movie where the main female character turns out to be a guy.. big grin

BackFire
Yeah, I didn't know X's gender either, lol. Sorry X.

Anyways! Back on topic please!

Bigfoot is far more important than AIDS research! Someday, if we invest enough time, maybe we can all have little Bigfoots running around as pets! Oh happy days!

GCG
...and when they grow bigger than you, they could sexually abuse you. Careful ; bigfoot = bigdick.

xmarksthespot
Pet Bigfoots would be interesting....
http://www.antoniogenna.net/doppiaggio/telefilm/harryeglihenderson.jpg

GCG
SEE I TOLD YOU !

thats a Bigfoot vibrator in their hand !

grey fox
lol!!!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Lol

LOL

I highly doubt that

debbiejo
Pet Bigfoots would be interesting....
http://www.antoniogenna.net/doppiaggio/telefilm/harryeglihenderson.jpg

Big hands...can massage a back very well with some training. big grin

The Overmaster
I say bigfoot is more important.
Let millions more ppl die, nature is getting very angry at humans for thier overpopulation, polution, and the killing off of its creatures. The Black Plague was its first attempt to control human numbers, it failed. Next, came aids, a much more dangerous disease, but humans werent dying quick enough be of thier stubborness.
Eventually, nature is gonna get REALLY fed up and unleash it last resort.
The BIGFOOT LEGION!!!!!!!
This is why it is imperative to find the Bigfoot, so we can have more time to learn how to counter their eventual assault on humanity!
tomcatblowupsniper2gunsgun_bandanarifle

crazylozer
Originally posted by Scoobless

Yes, of course, that's must be why they've only been supposedly seen in the woods. There is no doubt that AIDS does exist, whereas Sasquatches may or may not exist. Thus, AIDS funding is more important.

FeceMan
What the f**k? are you talking about? I'm a guy.

People who have to laugh at their own attempted jokes because no one else will = sad.
Oh...I thought you were a girl, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.