-=- HA! Pacifist "Life is Misery" Proven Wrong-=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Why is this Buddha smiling? He's loaded. X-rays of the Enlightened One reveal secrets about his inner tranquility: treasures for the next life. French artist Rodolphe Gombergh and his team, armed with the same technology used in CAT scanning, took pics of Korean Buddhas from the 11th to 18th centuries and found hidden pearls, sacred texts, covert messages, and precious stones. Rendering software sharpened the 3-D dharma. So while a thousand-year-old gilded statue may appear to be just a solid block of wood, under the influence of techniques Gombergh calls "virtual life art," a strand of gems becomes visible inside its head. The works were on display in Paris this summer as Hidden Treasures: The Inner Life of the Buddhas. If all goes as planned, the exhibit will travel to San Francisco and New York.

- Jeanette Borzo

debbiejo
Looks like Buddha had a secret..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Looks like Buddha had a secret..

They say that the Buddha has a treasure tower inside. I always thought they were talking about the treasure of the heart, guess I was wrong. laughing

Imperial_Samura
And all this time I thought Buddha was full of nothing but love (and maybe candy, like those easter Eggs filled with M'n'M's)... Oh well.

Maybe though the creators were trying to be symbolic... or save their treasure from marauding... marauders, after all, who would break open a Buddha looking for valuables?

Koala MeatPie
No, the preists give up everything, familly, and easpecially shinny beautifu valuable things.

they make art out of money, and I'm sure this awsn't an arts and craft activity.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
And all this time I thought Buddha was full of nothing but love (and maybe candy, like those easter Eggs filled with M'n'M's)... Oh well.

Maybe though the creators were trying to be symbolic... or save their treasure from marauding... marauders, after all, who would break open a Buddha looking for valuables?

Like the Easter Buddha...animals_bunny2
No wonder everyones is temped to rub Buddhas tummy for good luck...We're pulled to it.....on a subconscious level...

I hope I get the Reeses in my Easter Buddha.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Why is this Buddha smiling? He's loaded. X-rays of the Enlightened One reveal secrets about his inner tranquility: treasures for the next life. French artist Rodolphe Gombergh and his team, armed with the same technology used in CAT scanning, took pics of Korean Buddhas from the 11th to 18th centuries and found hidden pearls, sacred texts, covert messages, and precious stones. Rendering software sharpened the 3-D dharma. So while a thousand-year-old gilded statue may appear to be just a solid block of wood, under the influence of techniques Gombergh calls "virtual life art," a strand of gems becomes visible inside its head. The works were on display in Paris this summer as Hidden Treasures: The Inner Life of the Buddhas. If all goes as planned, the exhibit will travel to San Francisco and New York.

- Jeanette Borzo

How can a ''thousand year old statue'' be ''from 11th to 18th century'' blink

Scoobless
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
How can a ''thousand year old statue'' be ''from 11th to 18th century'' blink

well the 11th century started just over a thousand years ago: 1000AD - 1099AD

WindDancer
Precious stones? jewels? Well, after all we must remenber that Buddha used to be Prince Siddhartha. Maybe they stuffed the statues to remind us that richness treasures are for the living and not the spiritual ones.

Koala MeatPie
And we must also remeber that Buddists Often make "money" trees, they take money and make it into art, not for the cash, it shows that they couldn't care less, Such as in the Buddah's statue. They couldn't care less about the gems, so they placed it inside.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
French artist Rodolphe Gombergh and his team, armed with the same technology used in CAT scanning....

For a second I thought they were scanning cats.

finti
budda smiles because he is tossing off

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud

Well, he does have a GREAT BIG SMILE!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.