Is the search function shut off again?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Did I miss another memo? I went to do a find last post on someone and I got: Due to server load the search function has been automatically disabled.

Ken Kenobi
Works for me.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Works for me.

Jedi Priestess
Yeah it started working for me too about 30 minutes after I posted that. Odd that is. huh

Barker
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Did I miss another memo? I went to do a find last post on someone and I got: Due to server load the search function has been automatically disabled.
Happens To Me A Couple Times A Week, But It Always Returns In A While. erm

Clovie
Originally posted by Raz
Unfortunately it's a necessary evil. Searching through over 5 million posts is no easy feat. And it is only disabled when we are really busy.

TOH
Unfortunately it's a necessary evil. Searching through over 5 million posts is no easy feat. And it is only disabled when we are really busy.
You mean you have a kind of script or something like that? confused

Raz
Originally posted by TOH

You mean you have a kind of script or something like that? confused It's a small addition that checks for the value in "/proc/loadavg".

JP, you probably were trying to search while the database was being backed up.

Jedi Priestess
Ahhh thank you, thank you Raz. smile

Captain REX
Mods can ignore it! band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.