The Thing vs Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'd say the Thing.What about you guys?

snoopdogg
They way Grundy is now Thing has no chance at beating him. Even with all that heart.

Wynndar
Oh? whats grundy doin these days? I dont think I saw him in the second issue of crisis, is he involved at all?

snoopdogg
He was in Villains United. Too much for Thing to handle.

Wynndar
Ah...I didnt read that...could u elaborate?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar
Ah...I didnt read that...could u elaborate? Why?

You think Ben is gonna win anyways.

RAGE17
Oh? whats grundy doin these days? I dont think I saw him in the second issue of crisis, is he involved at all?

trying to avoid the fight are we?

Ultimate Hulk43
How much can Grundy lift?

jrodslam
Nuff said....

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/2254/jsavsgrundy4at.th.jpg

RAGE17
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43

3.5 tons

Ultimate Hulk43
And the Thing is a class 80 to 100 right?

jrodslam
Grundy was with the Society of Villains, but Ragdoll 2 convinced him to help them.

snoopdogg
The last Thing Ben will hear is "Born on a monday" then Grundy has some new gravel for his driveway.

jrodslam
Originally posted by RAGE17
3.5 tons

What? Grundy is Superman level of strength.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Grundy was with the Society of Villains, but Ragdoll 2 convinced him to help them. Who were those 3 goons he stomped a mudhole in anyways?

jrodslam
"Solomon Grundy, born on a monday. You die today though."

Classic line.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
What? Grundy is Superman level of strength. Dont listen to most things he says.

He plays games.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Who were those 3 goons he stomped a mudhole in anyways?

I know one was the Shark. Dont know about the other 2. Ill try to find them in the DC Encyclopedia.

cheldon
grundy wins

Wynndar
Why?

You think Ben is gonna win anyways.

Uh no...I wasnt assuming anything. I think Grundy's kinda interesting and I was wondering what his wherabouts were during this whole crisis thing. I mean isnt the point of this thread to have a debate anyway? Thanks for being an @ss hole about it though.

jrodslam
Who were those 3 goons he stomped a mudhole in anyways?

Bolt is one, but i cant find the other guy. Ill keep looking.

DrDoom101

Pre Crisis SG can lift 60 tons. Post-Crisis is 40. 8th day solomon 205 tons

snoopdogg
Uh no...I wasnt assuming anything. I think Grundy's kinda interesting and I was wondering what his wherabouts were during this whole crisis thing. I mean isnt the point of this thread to have a debate anyway? Thanks for being an @ss hole about it though. I thought that you were being a @sshole with your first post.

Wynndar
It's coo

Ultimate Hulk43
Dont listen to most things he says.

He plays games.

I know Grundy's strong but he's NO WHERE near Superman's strength.

snoopdogg
I know Grundy's strong but he's NO WHERE near Superman's strength. Grundy is Juggernaut level in strength.

Wynndar
No...he's around Superman's strength and durability...which is a very loose term thats constantly thrown around in the DCU. Grundy has the potential to be far more powerful than Supes from what I understand.

jrodslam
Grundy is Juggernaut level in strength.

Id say somewhere between Hulk....Juggernaut...Mongul...Superman.

His strength is known to vary.

snoopdogg
But recently he has been pretty consistent with his power level.

leonidas
didn't he once tackle the justice society AND the jla simultaneously?? and during one battle with supes their strength was shown to be equal if grundy's wasn't greater.

i know he was supposed to be some plant elemental, but that didn't work out. i think nowadays when he's beaten he comes back in a different form with some altered powers. difficult to gauge where grundy is at currently. previous incarnations would have slaughtered ben and most likely would have been a match for the avengers.

Wynndar
The Thing is pretty good in encounters against guys with greater power and strength. Even If Grundy out powers him, if Thing wants to avoid his brute strength he will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.