Eragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jpupbob
hey everyone! well if anyone has read the book Eragon there coming out with a movie for it and i hope its good eek! well i dont know all the details but you can got to shuturgal.com it has all the info on the movie so far. Happy Dance

BartmanX
I found out who's playing as Eragon and Arya.

bogen
who tell me who and don't you dare say daniel radclif, or some other lame girl say um? someone like liv tyler or some othe rmad actor

Bane_Gregory
Eragon the Movie is coming (Dec, 2006)

If this movie is done right if could be as good if not better than the Lord of the Ring trilogy
I have high hopes for this movie, but like most book than becomes movie it may be horiffic hope not

Currently Filming in Budapest

Actor
Edward Speleers / Eragon

Chris Egan / Roran

Jeremy Irons / Brom

John Malkovich / Galbatorix

Djimon Hounsou / Ajihad

Sienna Guillory / Arya

Robert Carlyle / Durza

Garrett Hedlund / Murtagh

Alun Armstrong Uncle / Garrow

Gary Lewis / King Hrothgar

Joss Stone / Angela

Mandorallen
Just to add on: Movie site here. IMDB link here. Book thread here

Fantasy forum here.

Snape>Dumbledor

Susan-Storm
Oh My god Sweet Mother of Jesus i did not need to see that

bogen
looks gud but not the best, stick to the books

Icicle
I love the books
But what is bothering me is, in the movie pictures Arya has blondish brown hair, when it's suposed to be black! Grrr

I_am_Melkor
Yeah, Icicle, I agree with you completely!!! A few other things that get me REALLY mad are:
1. Eragon is BLONDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Brom has no BEARD!!!!!!!!!
3. Durza's hair looks SPRAY-PAINT-FAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear God-of-all-That-is-Fantasy...WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN US????????!!!!!!!!!!!

gshkris7272
Can't wait to see this movie.. Garrett Hedlund<love him!=]

Swirly Girl
Eragon was a piss poor book. Not only that, it was the most unoriginal idea I've ever seen.

gshkris72
so dont see the moviewink

Lightsnake
And let you guys praise t like it's the next best thing since sliced bread?

Antishurtugal.com

Learn something from that site...Eragon and Eldest were plagarist trash

gshkris72
okay

bawgawk
What do you guys think of this trailer?

Has anyone read the books by Christopher Paolini?

ERAGON - It's Jeremy Irons vs. John Malkovitch's Evil Army!

http://moviesbawgawk.blogspot.com/2006/09/cool-trailer-eragon-its-jeremy-irons.html

H. S. 6
Broken link. erm

zeuspower
I would just like to note that it is my humble opinion that Saphira does not have feathers like many have said. I thought they might have been feathers but if you look really closely at the trailer to me they are scales.

But I do agree she should be more blue.

Durga rocks!!

zeuspower
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/SaphirabreathingfireandEragonwithsw.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/EragonandSaphira.jpg

Got some pictures here from the movie - Durza is indeed the coolest thing in this movie IMO and that dragon looks fierce. Far more scary than in the Japanese trailer. I'm not too sure they have got the casting right with Arya though it all looks a bit not quite as good as the rest.

zeuspower
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/Durza.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/Arya.jpg

Sorry didn't work first time round

zeuspower
Originally posted by Lightsnake
And let you guys praise t like it's the next best thing since sliced bread?

Antishurtugal.com

Learn something from that site...Eragon and Eldest were plagarist trash

Even the guy on anti-Shurtugal says he thinks it looks alright now after seeing the trailer in the cinema.

Julie
I'll see it. The book was decent but long long long long and unnecessarily so...if the movie's shorter and the dragon's cool then it'll be good.

roughrider
The trailer is badly edited crap - it doesn't do anything to capture your wonder. And the film looks like cliched leftovers from LOTR and Narnia. John Malkovich? Looks like a mailed-in, career-worst performance.
The director they hired - Stefan Fangmeier - is making his debut. He's only been an FX supervisor at ILM before this. If they are trying to repeat what Narnia did, hiring Andrew Adamson, they should remember AA at least had feature-length experience with the Shrek films. I bet the film will be poorly regarded, no matter the box office take. thumb down

pulsar
Movies made from books are sometimes interesting and often disappointing, hope Eragon is good. Although in some ways good, Spiderman the movie would have been way better if it stuck to the comic books, Scaled armour on Goblin, Gwen Stacy in story, Web shooters. Pete met Maryjane as a Teenager and wasn't her neighbor. Xmen also were disapointing, why did Rogue seem like Kitty Pryde, why was Iceman a kid, etc. If you read the comics then the movie made no sense.

zeuspower
Hmmm... With Eragon it looks to me like they have gone for something that LOTR did. They have maxed on the action scenes. In LOTR book the battle scenes are really short, compared with the rest of the narrative but in the movie they take up a sizeable chunk of it. Similar it looks like has happened with Eragon. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all. Most people would say LOTR movies were really good. Some die hard fans think not. I think similar will be the case with Eragon. There is obviously going to be changes for the movie. Taking the example of the Dragon - it looks far more scary and creepy the imagined dragon from the book. This gives us more of a visual treat and is more in line with the tastes of modern audiences. I can understand why there is differences in the movie and wouldn't persoanlly critcise them

Julie
Overall the movie is okay but you're all best off saving your money. I saw it this morning for sheer curiosity's sake. Honestly, it's a whole heap better than that clunk of fanfic some kid cranked out and called a book. The dragon is cool, uh but that's the gist of all that's good in the movie. The plotline was okay if you could follow it but it just seemed like a slapped together thing with mediocre acting and cringe worthy dialogue.

Gannon
Horrible. The story is a direct copy of Star Wars and parts from LOTR. Bad acting. All around cheesyness. rushed into a 1 1/2 movie.

Dont waist your time or money.

cundiff11
Hey i just got back from the movie las night. It was pretty good, but they did leave alot of thnigs out. THings i noticed that were wrong: arya barely had pointed ears; arya was never conscious throughtout the whole thing, but in the movie she was; eragon found out brom was a rider way before he died; they showed eragon shooting durza instead of murtagh; brom isn't supposed to kill the razac; it was weird how saphira was a baby and she flew up in the clouds and when she was back she was huge; also, saphira actually said" i am saphira and you are my rider, instead of eragon giving her suggestions for names. I think if you haven't read the books youl think its a good movie.

The Black Ghost
Seems like for a book that was entertaining to read, but not overall thought provoking, the movie is just a slap together of good visuals and action and cool images...the story is somewhat lost and it isnt original by any means.

Julie
Originally posted by Gannon
Horrible. The story is a direct copy of Star Wars and parts from LOTR. Bad acting. All around cheesyness. rushed into a 1 1/2 movie.

Dont waist your time or money.

or you could say it that way big grin

XxDreamxX
I'm going to see Eragon tomorrow despite horrible reviews and everyone saying it's bad. What do you think of the movie? What were the Pros and Cons of it? IDK, I think the trailer and everything is cool but it looks like a bit of a failure trying to copy LOTR lol. Anyways, my friend is making me go and see it so plz post your thoughts on the movie.

drewbiefan
I have not seen a trailer to this but I really do not think that I could sit through it lol. It truly does not look like my type of moviestick out tongue
Let me know what it is like thoughstick out tongue

Lighthammer
The movie sucked My brother, whose a big fan of the books, said it sucked as well. Now I'll admit I did not read the book, but hopefully its better than the movie.The dialouge seemed to have been chosen from a book of pickup lines bad ones. The acting was bland, it jumped right into scenes without much buildup, it seem it was trying to tell the story in the quickest way possible, regardless of being able to comprehend it.

WrathfulDwarf
LOTR capture my heart.

I did enjoy Chronicles of Narnia.

But I think is best if you read Eragon the book. The film rank next to SW Episode II.

Supreme being
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
LOTR capture my heart.

I did enjoy Chronicles of Narnia.

But I think is best if you read Eragon the book. The film rank next to SW Episode II.

no episode2 is in a whole other league compared to this piece of crap i will be honest i have never read the book and dont intend to after watching this disater of a film. The acting was horrible even from Jeremy Irons, the action scences were bland and wernt exciting there was no feel of danger and unity throughout the whole film.

vrempire
I think the real star in this movie is the dragon.
The dragon itself attracts the audiences to come to cinema.

midneight
the movie was just a horrible way to rake in sales. the only thing it had going was anticipation they threw together a cheap ball of crap slapped the eragon title on it kept the same names and completely changed te story to what they thought would sale. ragon fans pissed. movie goers intrigued eragon two or the eldest or whatever they call it will have a similar but possibly smaller audience due to the fact of those who enjyed the movie probably who didnt read the book want to see a sequel as for the fans well hat crowd will be

comprimised you will have those who refuse to see the second one because the first made them die a little inside, then you have those who want to see what the new strange plot will wield in the second one.

ah thats fox for ya

Xkostas
Hi i am new here but i know a lot of things about movies.Eragon is a great movie.I have downloaded it and when i saw it i was very pleased with this movie!

BobbyD
...catching it tomorrow. Hope it doesn't let me know.

BobbyD
^^^^ laughing out loud

Excuse me....hope it doesn't let me down.

Sorry-slight case of dyslexia.

roughrider
Originally posted by BobbyD
^^^^ laughing out loud

Excuse me....hope it doesn't let me down.

Sorry-slight case of dyslexia.

Hope you, and the other five people in the theatre have fun. It's plummeting like a rock at the box office.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't know too much about this film. My niece saw it and loved it. miffed http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/angry.gif
miffed

Darkchoco
Eragon is also supposed to go with ayra at the end, but didnt. How are they going to set up the sequal?

black_goku#1
Originally posted by Darkchoco
Eragon is also supposed to go with ayra at the end, but didnt. How are they going to set up the sequal?

You got me man this is midneight got my old account back yay anyway thats not the only thing messed up murtaugh wasnt captured and they revealed galabatorixes dragon!!! WTF? i dunno but im intrested to find out

Faith27
Eragon's dragon and special effects and are very nice
but I feel that there's something missing on this movie...

roughrider
Originally posted by Faith27
Eragon's dragon and special effects and are very nice
but I feel that there's something missing on this movie...

Hmmm...quality? big grin

whitewolfgurl
I haven't read the book but I've seen the movie. It was pretty cool, loved the dragon and its special effects. But is there a second movie coming out? Cause at the end...(not gonna ruin it for those who haven't seen it)...so whoever has seen the movie...do u know if there will be a 2nd? big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by whitewolfgurl
I haven't read the book but I've seen the movie. It was pretty cool, loved the dragon and its special effects. But is there a second movie coming out? Cause at the end...(not gonna ruin it for those who haven't seen it)...so whoever has seen the movie...do u know if there will be a 2nd? big grin

The box office wasn't overly impressive. Don't hold your breath waiting for another film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.