OBI-WAN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Where was Obi-Wan born?

Starstione
That's a good question?

UnknownBountyHunter
It had to be somewhere in the Republic, still kind of vague. My guess would be Coruscant. It is not Tatooine so no one better guess that.

King Jedi
We will probably find out in ep2 as Owen and Beru will be from the same planet

darth stu
owen and beru don't have to be from the same planet. owen may not even be obi-wan's real brother (if you didn't notice, their last names are different).

Minok
I think owen had a diffrent father,or they weren't related what so ever. I think where OB1 is from may not come up at all.I speculate that if his origin comes up it will be Corellia because that seems to be one of the few human populated Republic planets close to Coruscant.Maybe Dantooine could be possible or Malistaire.

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't know about Malastare, kind of odd thinking about it, I can't put my thumb on it but it just don't seem right. Corellia is another good guess, and Dantooine isn't bad at all. As for Owen and OB1 the could be cousins.

UnknownBountyHunter
A reason why Owen and OB1 aren't brothers, is because don't you think Owen would have sensed the arrival of stormtroopers and panicked? I mean, OB1 was a jedi, even though Owen wasn't trained he can still sense good and evil. If they are brothers they either have different mothers or fathers. But then that puts a groggy feeling in me thinking one of OB1's parents was a sex fiend.

The Westsider
hey this is StarTrek SUX here

I think Owen wouldnt be force sensitive maybe they have the same mother different fathers or different mothers same father

shouldn't it be a mixed of parents to make a force sensitive child?

you know what I mean, if not, THINK

darth stu
my guess is that they are not related in any way shape or form. they told luke that owen was his uncle. wrong. besides, if obi-wan did have a brother and anakin knew about it don't you think anakin (aka darth vader by that time) would have tried to find him as leverage in getting his kidnapped son back from obi-wan? i say that obi-wan just "said" owen was his brother, like he "said" owen was luke's uncle.

alternative hypothesis. owen isn't the relative, but the inlaw. could he have married beru kenobi??

Minok
Maybe Shmi's maiden name is Lars, making Owen Lukes great uncle or Beru is Anakins half sister born after he leaves Tatooine and Qui-Gon is Beru's father as a result of that night at Shmi's in E1.

Xizor
I liked the idea mentioned that Owen is an adopted son of Schmi. When Anakin returns to save his mom she is killed(probably by the new sith apprentice with Fett's assistance), he ends up saving from slavery and befriending Owen. Both feed off each others anger at Schmi's death, and Owen can tell Ani what became of Schmi in the years after Ani left. Owen goes with Anakin on business at Coruscant. Owen tolerates the strict older Obi-wan but he creates a rift in OB1 and Ani's friendship. Owen meets Beru on Coruscant. Beru is a friend of Bail's from Alderann, kind and loving the two hit it off. Owen is prominent during OB1 and Anakin's deterierating friendship, fun loving and laid back Owen is horrified to see Anakins transition to Darth Vader. Somehow Darth must be under the impression Owen is killed, Owen is traumatized and retreats to Tatooine to be a farmer and never get involved. Obi-Wan and Owen were never friends but OB1 asks Owen and Beru who can't have children to raise Luke, telling him that they are his Aunt and Uncle. Vader thinks Owen is dead and Obi-Wan retreats nearby to observe Luke.

Darth Heinous
Why are you SO adament that Qui-Gon Jinn should be involved with Shmi Skywalker? He was ONLY trying to find out more about Anakin and be friendly. He was NOT romantically interested in her.

King Jedi
Owen Lars is Obi-Wans brother. If you read the script for ROTJ it tells you. The scene where Obi-Wan explains everything to Luke on Degobah has Obi-Wan telling Luke this.He also says a lot of other stuff but most of it was cut out in the final film. You can get the script from lots of web sites.

Moff Tarkin
Obi-Wan was born on Coruscant or so I always thought.

Xizor
Where's the evidence to that Moff?

UnknownBountyHunter
I dunno about him being born on Coruscant, I think he was indefinitely born in the Core Worlds.

King Jedi
I've never heard of the Coruscant thing before either, but I did read a fan script which said he was from Concard Dawn where Boba Fett was supposed to be from.

dkcmslim
do you think kenobi will ever get romantically involved at any point in the next 2 movies?

Xizor
I don't see romance in Ob1's future. I think that a large part of Anakin's anger will be centered around his forbidden love of Amidala. Forbidden because Jedi's are celibate. Being the good Jedi he is Ob1 won't have any problems with this.

The Maker
Jedi's aren't celibate although romance is looked down upon by the council as it is seen as a distraction. The Jedi fight for peace and justice and love comes into that.

Solardarth
I think he was born on malastare,the same with qui-gon, note the little remark about malastare

Xizor
Malastare was mentioned because it was a planet Lucas made up long ago but it was never spoken of in the OT. God forbid GL has people mention planets he didn't invent. As for it being Ob1's home planet I doubt it, they wouldn't mention it unless it fit into the storyline, and there won't be time for that.

UnknownBountyHunter
Noting Malastare because of the pod races, doesn't imply anything towards the birthplace of Qui-Gon and/or Obi-wan. Malastare is known galaxy-wide for pod racing, refer to the offical site www.starwars.com

Tom Gon Jinn
I heard somewhere males who marry on Tatooine take their wife's name, going back to the original disscussion. Also, I suspect Obi and Qui were born on Coruscant, as Qui Gon said something like 'he and every other Jedi he knew were born in the Republic', in the novel,so itis most probably Coruscant, or maybe a new planet we will see in Episode II or III.

Xizor
The Republic was pretty big Tom, millions of planets were under it's rule. Those two could have been born anywhere.

UnknownBountyHunter
True but I think such well-known Jedi would be born in the Core Worlds: Coruscant, Abregado-rae, Alderaan, Chandrila, Kuat, Ralltiir. Only other sectors logically fitting a bithplace in my views are the Corellian Sector and The Colonies.

King Jedi
I posted this a while ago but still don't really have an answer. Do any of the knew people know where he was born?

Xizor
I don't, but in my opinion it's irrelevant to the character.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
his homeworld is always listed as "unknown"

Xizor
Hence Lucas considers it irrelevent.

Dim
Isn't this one of the things that has always been off limits for writers because Lucas didn't want them messing too much with OB1's background?

Xizor
That's very true Dim. UBH, did you notice that Minok responded on this topic? I think if you did some EZBoard/IP address research you could find him.

UnknownBountyHunter
I doubt Minok is returining, sadly enough. If you check his profile the most recent post was July 27, almost a month ago.

King Jedi
I think Obi-Wan was born on Alderaan now. He is supposed to be good friends with Bail Organa and so maybe they have known each other all their lives. It would also make the scene when Alderaan is destroyed more important, especially when Obi-Wan feels that something terrible has happened.

Dim
Yeah but he doesn't feel especially sad about it...
As for OB1 and Bail, I think they develope a friendship during the Clone Wars. If OB1 is from Alderaan he wouldn't have known Bail anyway since he was taken by the Jedi as a baby...

UnknownBountyHunter
I agree with Dim. No toddler-related kinship is between OB1 and Bail, just the fact that they worked together during the Clone Wars. Also OB1 is a jedi, of course he can sense something terrible that's happened. Maybe if he became "weak in the knees" or had exceptional feelings for the incident than that could be apparent.

King Jedi
But don't you think that it would make that scene even more important if it was Obi-Wans home planet? Saying Obi-Wan didn't seem that sad is true but that's something that's always bothered me about Star Wars. Owen and Beru are murdered and Luke isn't that sad either. He is more sad when Ben dies even though he hardly knows him. And Leia wasn't that sad when Alderaan was destroyed. What's wrong with these people?

Ratcat
Going back about 15 posts or so, as you bring up the subject of deaths. If Obi-Wan and Owen were brothers, wouldn't it be likely that he would have "felt" his death? After all they would have been in relatively close proximity as the time that the Stormtroopers killed Owen and Beru.

I know he could have ignored it in Lukes presence but still...

Also, I like the idea of Obi-Wan coming from Alderaan, it would make the destruction sensing scene all the more meaningful for his character.

Jedi Mercenary
Notice how Luke said that then right after Obi-Wan "Don't go luke!!" Why would he say that unless he knew that this had happened, I think he Knew from the start of that whole Sandcrawler scene.

Ratcat
Not really, they had both come to the same conclusion as to where the Stormtroopers would go next.

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist, or a Jedi Knight for that matter, to figure out what would become of Luke if he arrived while the imperial forces were still present. That's why Obi Wan urges Luke not to go.

Also Obi Wan had already taken stock of the scene as soon as they iscovered the crawler and deduced for himself what had transpired. This was not the work of the Force, simply of a deductive mind, maybe aided by the force but not through any detection of Owens death.

Jedi Mercenary
Ratcat makes a good point...but, I like my idea better, Sorry!!

UnknownBountyHunter
Why wouldn't you? I always like my ideas smile

King Jedi
I agree with Jedi Merc on this. I think Obi-Wan did know about Owens death. When he said to Luke "there was nothing you could have done" it was as if he knew what happened like he was there at the time.

Dim
I always read it that OB1 knew that they had died. He always seemed to have an "oh well, it's the will of the force" attitude...I must admit that I've never understood the lack of emotion in SW. Leia for instance...When Vader blew up Alderaan she was sad for all the people but she didn't mention her father.

theEviljedi
Correction.Adoptive Father.

Xizor
She was intensivly trained by Bail to be both a political and military leader. She was so strong because she could quickly move past such a crisis. Remember her mind was strong enough to dispel a mind probe by a sith lord, she's certainly not going to break down in tears because her adoptive family was killed.

King Jedi
She was almost in tears when she found out about Luke and Anakin being her family.

Dim
Actually in Ambush in Corellia she mentions how both she and Luke felt like their adoptive/foster parents never really "adopted" them and they weren't as close as you would think.

lightsaber001
What an interesting topicsmile

personally I think Lucas never intended for us to care about where OB1 was born or Qui-Gon for that fact...I think we are reaching too deep..I do believe OB1 was born in the republic somewhere..probably on Dantooine..not Tattooine

Is there realy a million planets in the republic..sounds funny to me considering they were
over-taken by the empire..

Just my opinion

LS1

Darth Heinous
Obi-Wan's birthplace is unknown. He was brought to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant when he was very young. He stayed there training under Master Yoda until Master Qui-Gon Jinn "took" him as his Padawan learner.

yerssot
well, at some point you have to stop digging in the past...
I mean, who were the parents of OB1? Their parents etc.

Julie
Yeah we have enough trouble keeping up with just the lives of the characters let alone their parents......somebody should make a RPG character that's obi wan's father smile

yerssot
doesn't that exists already?

Julie
I don't know, but probably...it wouldn't surprise me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.