Why Topher Grace for Spidey 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DucLangur
Why is Topher Grace playing Venom? He would be the last choice, actually, he wouldn't even be a choice! He doesn't even look like Eddie Brock, I think they should change the actor.Comments.

The Ones
they made church look totaly different for Sandman. they can do the same for topher

spencerspider
ye s and topher might not be venom if i heard right

Silverstein
rumours of Topher being Electro are arising now.

NoFate007
Rumors of Topher being everything but Smythe practically are being thrown around, its getting ridiculous.

Silverstein
whoever made up that Topher Venom rumour is a freakin moron.

Ultimate Hulk43
cough Kirsten Dunst cough

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
cough Kirsten Dunst cough

actually i think the rumour was create before kirsten said it. She just strengthened the rumour.

DucLangur
If you go to Imdb.com, and type in Spiderman 3, you will see that next to Topher Grace's name it says Venom

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah,that's what I meant. big grin

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by DucLangur
If you go to Imdb.com, and type in Spiderman 3, you will see that next to Topher Grace's name it says Venom

IMBD is FULL of shit.

Silverstein
Originally posted by DucLangur

umm, He's also supposed to be EDDIE BROCK, not just venom. Just like Tobey is Peter Parker and Spider-man

Ultimate Hulk43
Exactly.

spencerspider
yea he ain't gonna be venom i hope, it might be a big mistake right there if he is

DucLangur
I guess they haven't updated it yet. I have to say that site can be very slow with giving the right info.

spencerspider
it can it has been wrong plenty of times before.

botcherby
It is plain fact that it is impossible for 3 new characters AND villains to be introduced into a 2hour film, without it being a total flop.... (discount 1 character, as Harry is already established) thats 5 total people that need to be created who all have decent extensive backstories.

now if they made the film 4 hours?

Ultimate Hulk43
What if Topher is just playing Brock and Venom is CGI or Topher is only Venom in some scenes?OR he may buff up a little and still use a muscle suit.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by NoFate007
Rumors of Topher being everything but Smythe practically are being thrown around, its getting ridiculous.

Yup. And everyone (mostly) flips out and gets all angry and upset and make pointless threads like these. happy

Ultimate Hulk43
Exactly.We can't be 100% sure until Raimi confirms it or we get some pictures.

spencerspider
exactly... thank you someone is smart around here.

Silverstein
What if Topher is just playing Brock and Venom is CGI or Topher is only Venom in some scenes?OR he may buff up a little and still use a muscle suit.

muscle suit laughing he'd need a pretty huge muscle suit. I dont like how raimi couldve introduced brock since sp1. All of a sudden he decides...
raimi: "hmm...ok i cant avoid this anymore, we have to put eddie brock in."

Doc Ock
A muscle suit???

LMAO!

Give it up dude.Just give it up big grin

Arahan
Putting Venom in SM3 is one of the dumbest things i ever heard.
It makes no sense.

I can live with Electro. Sandman and Electro are fine.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Arahan
Putting Venom in SM3 is one of the dumbest things i ever heard.
It makes no sense.

I can live with Electro. Sandman and Electro are fine.

yes

spencerspider
yay Sandman wont take long to intro, electro might be a little longer, and harry should be fast.

Silverstein
Originally posted by spencerspider
yay Sandman wont take long to intro, electro might be a little longer, and harry should be fast.

harry, you can bet he'll make up most of the action fights. He is sorta the main villain.

spencerspider
i meant to make them how they become the villain, harry should be fast, and he should be main villain i think.

Silverstein
i meant to make them how they become the villain, harry should be fast, and he should be main villain i think.

yeah, who knows, he might just appear out of nowhere and throw a bomb at spiderman

spencerspider
lol yea Peter walking down with Aunt May and MJ and boom bye bye Aunt May and MJ

Silverstein
lol yea Peter walking down with Aunt May and MJ and boom bye bye Aunt May and MJ

i got a cool idea. Harry now knows that Peter is spiderman right? and pete knows that so he goes to check the last place where the goblin was...the abandoned warehouse. and then when he gets there the glider is gone...and then the goblin pops out and kicks spiderman

spencerspider
wouldn't work years since goblin fight, glider be gone, and also he would just use the one he found in the room

Silverstein
wouldn't work years since goblin fight, glider be gone, and also he would just use the one he found in the room

maybe itll still be there. The fact that the glider was in a different place shows that something would be wrong. just an idea

spencerspider
well yea i guess it could work... well im going to bed, got to rest that ankle so I will see yall when i wake up, or tomorow lol(sounds weird for people i have never seen)

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Doc Ock
A muscle suit???

LMAO!

Give it up dude.Just give it up big grin

Ah,what the hll?If you can't beat 'em,join 'em!

ELECTRO ELECTRO ELECTRO!!

Seriously,I want either Electro or Venom to be in the movie.

spencerspider
Electro before Venom, Venom ruins it

Silverstein
well yea i guess it could work... well im going to bed, got to rest that ankle so I will see yall when i wake up, or tomorow lol(sounds weird for people i have never seen)

the warehouse could be a secret place where peter goes to put flowers at the place where norman died...like instead of going publicly to the graveyard

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Silverstein
maybe itll still be there. The fact that the glider was in a different place shows that something would be wrong. just an idea

The glider Norman had was a prototype,the one Harry found was the newest version.

Ultimate Hulk43
Electro before Venom, Venom ruins it

I guess so.

Silverstein
The glider Norman had was a prototype,the one Harry found was the newest version.

i knew that. Im just saying, when spiderman removed the glider to get norman. He mustve placed it somewhere...in the abandoned warehouse. Spiderman could see the glider moved and spidey senses go off...gobby. I never said harry would actually use the old glider

Ultimate Hulk43
Oh,okay.But for Harry to find the abandoned warehouse,Norman's ghost would have to tell him.

Mando
If topher buffs up for the role, he might be able to play venom significantly

Silverstein
Originally posted by Mando
If topher buffs up for the role, he might be able to play venom significantly

he'll also have to change the structure of his face, its too girly and wimpy, not masculine enough like the real eddie brock.

Ultimate Hulk43
True but it'll take a hell of alot of makeup.He'll also have to deepen his voice.

spencerspider
yea thats what i was wondering about, his voice would seem weird

Silverstein
True but it'll take a hell of alot of makeup.He'll also have to deepen his voice.

structure of face...plastic surgery, voice...if he has to change his freakin voice and face and buff up like hell for the role than dont you think he shouldN'T be Eddie Brock at all?!! mad sam raimi better f*ckin get a real eddie brock im sick and tired of this, if he's going to make a movie he better make it right, and good. I'll make a better spiderman movie than him and they dont have to pay me a dime.

Ultimate Hulk43
Unless they give him a mouth peice.

spencerspider
lol

botcherby
in all honesty, the film will rock cos' I loved the first too... regardless of villain, the film will be great!

now what about Scorpion :P

Ultimate Hulk43
The Scoprion is possible since Mac Gargan had blonde hair before he became the Scorpion.

Doc Ock
Mac Gargan never had blonde hair.

Ultimate Hulk43
He did in the cartoon.

Doc Ock
Yeah Electro was also russian and the son of the Red Skull in the cartoon.

Ock had a german accent in the cartoon.

So you need to understand that the movies are not based on the cartoon or based on the Ultimate comics.

Ok??

Ok then smile

Ultimate Hulk43
I was just saying,that COULD be what they're doing.Sheesh

Doc Ock
But not VERY likely.

Why discuss what is barely possible???

Let's discuss what is most likely to be.

steverules
Uhm wouldn't they use topher's voice for the movie, I mean they would show him becoming venom at the beggining and maybe a few times when he reveals his face every now and then but for basically all the movie they will use CGI for venom.......wouldn't they?

Silverstein
But not VERY likely.

Why discuss what is barely possible???

Let's discuss what is most likely to be.

doc, do you honestly think sam raimi gives a damn about the comics? well maybe 1%, but chances are they will change a lot of stuff in in the movie regarding villain origins or what they would look like...the cartoon mac gargan was a fat short slob...then they put him in the suit and you know the rest

Ultimate Hulk43
Probably....

spencerspider
venom would be mostly CGI but I just don't think it is his time

Silverstein
if he wasnt cgi he'd be really slow and awkward. Like The Thing in F4 and mr hyde in LXG LOL

spencerspider
lol yea

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Silverstein
if he wasnt cgi he'd be really slow and awkward. Like The Thing in F4 and mr hyde in LXG LOL

It'd be kind of stupid to have him be all CGI,just in some scenes.

spencerspider
yea stupid for all but u would need it to be a good bit of CGI and to get back to the guys question why topher? because Sam Raimi wants him lol. the evil peter lol since he reminds me of tobey

Susan-Storm
Topher seems Like he is 17.Which is what i think..He was good in Win a date with tad Hamilton but i do not think he is someone i would suspect for Spider-man as Eddie Brock..Though not much of a fan of spider man..Venom is My favorite Villian

spencerspider
He should not be Venom in this movie just Eddie Brock no Venom not yet

Silverstein
He should not be Venom in this movie just Eddie Brock no Venom not yet

but building up Eddie Brock and not finishing his purpose would be a cliffhanger and i think sam raimi said there will be no cliffhangers in sp3

spencerspider
he didnt say that, amy pascal i think it is said that, and that wouldnt be a cliffhanger by just showing him.

Ultimate Hulk43
It'd be stupid to end the movie with him getting the symbiote which would be a symbiote.They could just save that for the next movie.OR if Venom is going to be in SM-3,then all the better.

spencerspider
intro Brock, not symbiote intro symbiote in 4

doctorstrongbad
I'm still not sure who he is going to play. He may not be a bad guy. I don't think anybody knows yet.

Silverstein
well, i did decide to work out, and stuff for his unknown role in sp3. The only reasons for that would be a villain.

spencerspider
not really, maybe a friend of peter who is big

Silverstein
oh crap i said I decided to work out...i mean HE sorry typo!

"he did decide to work out for the role."

-what friend of peter would he be?

spencerspider
i dont know but i think it was confirmed he was a baddy i think or i thought it was i dont know. and i have no clue who else he would be, electro, eddie, hobgoblin (what was his name i cant think right now)

Ultimate Hulk43
He's a VILLAIN the movie,Raimi confirmed it,he IS NOT going to be a friend of Peter's.Also,he's not going to be the Hobgoblin because Harry is going to be the Green Goblin 2.

Arahan
Topher will play the Ringmaster it makes sense, everything makes sense. The birds, the woods, the cars, the boobies.....

(dont take this too serious)

Spideys Sister
....um, yeah. If you could who would you make Venom?

Arahan
hmm i dont know. but surely not topher. He has not the
"evil insane tough basdard we wanna eat your brain" look.

Swanky-Tuna
I think they could pull it off. They made Ron Perlman look like his gigantic head fit on his body in Hellboy. Imagine what they could do with Topher Grace.

I think he kind of has a deviant look to him without the comical That 70's Show hair.

Ultimate Hulk43
If I could make someone Eddie Brcok and Venom,it'd be Brock Lesnar.He has the Eddie Brock/Venom look all over.

Arahan
hmm no. he looks not like Edidie

Ultimate Hulk43
To me he does.

Silverstein
If I could make someone Eddie Brcok and Venom,it'd be Brock Lesnar.He has the Eddie Brock/Venom look all over.

Brock Lesnar I definately agree. He LOOKS like Eddie Brock. That guy is freakin huge. Im not sure he would be a good actor though. His wwe career was short lived. Brock Lesnar would be a better choice for Eddie Brock than Topher any day.

-Doc Ock wink post those pics of eddie brock and topher comparison. and find one of Brock Lesnar and compare to Eddie Brock big grin

Ultimate Hulk43
If they chose Lesnar for the role then they could just have him read old Spider-Man comic books and practice lines from the books.

Silverstein
Topher vs Brock. Who is more like Eddie Brock? no contest

heh Brock (lesnar) for (eddie) Brock.

Doc Ock
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/venomeddie8mm.jpg
http://snlyou.jt.org/pics/tgrace.jpg

OMG can you see the resemblence???

Can you???

No???

Good,because there isn't any.

Silverstein
laughing out loud Topher. Can you get a pic of Brock Lesnar? OR any other actor that DOES resemble Eddie Brock?

spencerspider
lol there aint any resemblence (did i spell that right)

Silverstein
"ain't" isnt a word.

spencerspider
it is, look in the dictionary

Doc Ock
http://www.pathguy.com/brock_lesnar_8.jpg

"I want to be Venom......so I can snap Gopher in two"

Silverstein
Brock can acually do that. He is massive no steroids.

Doc Ock
An old woman could snap Gopher in two wink

spencerspider
yea

Silverstein
if Josh Lucas was pumped he could do alright. in my opinion practically anyone could do better than topher

Doc Ock
http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/14631/images/venom.jpg

"Arghhhhhhhh make it stop.Gopher will not play me in SM-3!!!!"

Silverstein
early names thrown around for Eddie Brock were The Rock and Vin Diesel

Doc Ock
The Rock???

Good god no.

Silverstein
well you notice the pattern. The Rock and Vin Diesel are both pumped and have been in a lot of recent action movies. They're horrible for the role. LOL topher

cameron666
I think Topher is either Electro or Chameleon

Ultimate Hulk43
http://www.pathguy.com/brock_lesnar_8.jpg

"I want to be Venom......so I can snap Gopher in two"

If I ever make a Spiderman movie while Brock is yoing,I'm gettin' him for the role of Venom. cool

Swanky-Tuna
If I ever make a Spiderman movie while Brock is yoing,I'm gettin' him for the role of Venom. cool
He may look a bit like the comic Brock but the acting would be horrible.

Silverstein
he did act in the WWE for quite a bit. He's not the best actor but he's better than Topher.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah,Brock could deliver looks wise and acting wise.Besides,all he would need is a little practice.Reading the comics and repeating lines from them,it's not hard.

Swanky-Tuna
If by acting you mean he sold the wrestling moves. His promos were terrible. Worse than Chris Benoit and that is bad.

That's why he pretty much always had Paul Hamen or someone else doing his talking for him in a kind of Paul Bearer/Undertaker relationship.

Arahan
Oh plz dont bring that wrestking dude again .He doesnt fit, sorry.

spencerspider
dude i dont know wtf raimi is doing. u better not screw up raimi i mean it. if that scrawny little midgit is venom omg that would be worse than gg costume

doctorstrongbad
Oh yeah of little faith... The guy knows what he is doing. Just relax and let him do his thing. Do you know how many Anti- sandman threads there were and from what I've seen he will be a great bad guy.

spencerspider
he might be and o yeah of little faith? its ye but anyway i hope raimi dont mess up and put venom in it or it is all over!! lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.