sad moment in x-men history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xx_Storm_xx
here's a thread where u can post a thing about something sad that happened in x-men history

i can think of a sad thing....how many times jean has dead and scotts heart has been broken ( i think he would have been used to it)

xmarksthespot
I really don't think it's all that sad... at least for the reader of the comic when Jean dies for like the eleventh time..

Doug Ramsey's death was sad for the New Mutants.

Colossus has a lot of sad moments. Illyana's death. His parents being murdered. Mikhail's death. His own death.

Kitty Pryde lost Colossus, lost her father on Genosha (if I remember right).

Forge was a bastard to Storm, when he reneged on his marriage proposal.

Disappear
storm deserved it...

that whole "entity v. the microverse" thing wasn't a shining moment in xavier's history.

warren getting crucified twice seemed unpleasant.

mikhail lost his self-righteous sense of nobility when he killed that one morlock girl to make cable think storm was dead. i'd admired him until then.

Creshosk
September 2000, Quesada became Marvel's Editor-in-Chief eventually fueled by his distaste of the X-men to lead to Chamber's comatose state.

Well, fortunately hie "dead means dead" rule isn't as strict as I first feared, right guys?

xmarksthespot
I recall hearing Psylocke's death and rebirth was just Claremont wanting to get rid of her shadow powers and tattoo.

Colossus was dead for a while... I think Whedon specifically asked to bring him back and at least he made Colossus second coming meaningful.

Creshosk
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I recall hearing Psylocke's death and rebirth was just Claremont wanting to get rid of her shadow powers and tattoo.

Colossus was dead for a while... I think Whedon specifically asked to bring him back and at least he made Colossus second coming meaningful. Both were brought back while Joe Q was EIC.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Creshosk
September 2000, Quesada became Marvel's Editor-in-Chief eventually fueled by his distaste of the X-men to lead to Chamber's comatose state. Yeah, that really sucks. Chamber was by far one of the best X-Characters. And my fav.

Hopefully he'll be back...

Blood_Rayne
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah, that really sucks. Chamber was by far one of the best X-Characters. And my fav.

Hopefully he'll be back...

Didn't he loss his powers during House of M I saw a pic of him without his flame face.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
Didn't he loss his powers during House of M I saw a pic of him without his flame face.

Trust me:
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Nov_previews/GENM001015_col.jpg

Blood_Rayne
Trust me:
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Nov_previews/GENM001015_col.jpg

Damn point taken

Blood_Rayne
How in the world did that happen?

8bitChris
When Chambers' powers manifested he blew a whole through his chest and lower jaw. (Not to mention he crippled his girlfriend too.)

This mutant ability sustained him and he didn't have to eat food anymore. As a side result of having no mouth to talk with, he communicated telepathically.

Eventually, they fixed this and Chamber looked normal again; then he blew his face and chest off again.

Now that Wanda has screwed all mutie gene trash, Chamber is royally farked.

8bitChris
Sad moments?

X-Factor when Cyclops sent baby Nathan into the future...

Angel getting his wings pinned to the wall in the Morlock caves...

The whole Legion and Xavier story...

umm...when the X-men all sacrificed themselves and died. (Roma brought them back right after)

Umm..when Harry's Hideaway was destroyed.

Death of Thunderbird (Watch for him to come back in X-menbig grineadly Genesis)
Death of Colossus
Death of Revanche
Death of Jean Grey (Multiple)
Death of Psylocke
Death of Cyclops
Death of Maggot
Death of Northstar

Disappear
Originally posted by 8bitChris
umm...when the X-men all sacrificed themselves and died.

sheesh, that's another strike against forge... cut him some slack, people!

Crimson Phoenix
I think now, with the whole decimation stuff is probably the saddest moment in X men history. Wanda basically nearly made mutants extinct.

nathan summers
Wanda has screwed everyone over in the last two years. First the Avengers now all of mutant kind. Magneto needs to be fixed so he doesn't have anymore crazy ass children. no expression

Rockon
The saddest momnet in xmen history must be NO MORE F***ING MUTANTS !!!!!!!! How f***ed up is that.

botcherby
sadest moment for me, have been when both Cyclops and Iceman returned as kick ass mutants, only to be reduced to trash in a matter of months as new creative teams replace the then current. With Cyclops when he returned from Apoc's control and kicked butt in Genosha, but then became an insecure *** in Quitely's run. With Iceman, short after zero tolerance, having single handely taken down Bastion and then reduced to an insecure *** in Austen's run.

but agreed with previous posts, the most current sadest moment in xmen history is the removal of millions worth of mutants... but I like where its headed atm... Chamber will return to former glory as will Iceman, and those Sentinels will kick butt!!!!!

Fianna
Omg..Chamber cry ..I liked him..

Sad moments...this is not from the comics, but in TAS..when Jean dies..as she goes into the sun she says something about wishing Scott could see how beautiful it is...that was such a sad moment..

..in the comics..there was one I read about Wolverine remembering Psylocke..that was very sad..

botcherby
oh yea I remember that one... that was Xmen unlimited right? yea that was pretty good, but its basically void now seeing as shes back

Disappear
am i the only one who thought cassandra nova launching the extermination of genosha was more "sad" than this quesada-inspired "no more mutants" line?

Fianna
Ooo..that reminds me..the comic where Lorna boosts the signal of the black box on Genosha and all last moments of all the people are revealled..and then Magneto speaks..it's quite powerful....I posted pages from it awhile ago..

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Fianna
Ooo..that reminds me..the comic where Lorna boosts the signal of the black box on Genosha and all last moments of all the people are revealled..and then Magneto speaks..it's quite powerful....I posted pages from it awhile ago..

I agree that was a really sad scene.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Disappear
am i the only one who thought cassandra nova launching the extermination of genosha was more "sad" than this quesada-inspired "no more mutants" line?

Who found the no more mutants scene sad? Didnt do anything for me to be honest. I agree the Cassandra Nova thing was far more touching imo

nathan summers
Grant Morrison & Chuck Austen. ' Nuff Said.

Mainstream
Originally posted by nathan summers
Grant Morrison & Chuck Austen. ' Nuff Said.

and Frank Quietly worst artist in this or any reality!!! Chuck wasn't so bad though.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Mainstream
and Frank Quietly worst artist in this or any reality!!! Chuck wasn't so bad though. worse than Rob Liefeld? I dunno, Quietly has a bit lighter of a style, but Liefeld's anatomy was grotesque.

GalacticStorm
I quite like Quitelys work. I loved it in New X-men.

Mainstream
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I quite like Quitelys work. I loved it in New X-men.

I do like the way he drew lips but other than that I could stand him.

xx_Storm_xx
sad events ppl

nathan summers
Quietly, Liefeld, Austen and Morrison are sad events. yes

botcherby
Originally posted by Disappear

I really didn't find the extermination of Genosha sad... we knew none of them... and anyone we did know of there survived.... but HOM was more dramatic because lots of people's favourites have currently lost their powers.... but as we know thye will get them back

peejayd
Originally posted by botcherby
sadest moment for me, have been when both Cyclops and Iceman returned as kick ass mutants, only to be reduced to trash in a matter of months as new creative teams replace the then current. With Cyclops when he returned from Apoc's control and kicked butt in Genosha, but then became an insecure *** in Quitely's run. With Iceman, short after zero tolerance, having single handely taken down Bastion and then reduced to an insecure *** in Austen's run.

* true!

katie_girl09
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I really don't think it's all that sad... at least for the reader of the comic when Jean dies for like the eleventh time..

Doug Ramsey's death was sad for the New Mutants.

Colossus has a lot of sad moments. Illyana's death. His parents being murdered. Mikhail's death. His own death.

Kitty Pryde lost Colossus, lost her father on Genosha (if I remember right).

Forge was a bastard to Storm, when he reneged on his marriage proposal.
Is it just me, or is anyone else kinda tired of the way they play the Pheonix?

xx_Storm_xx
we all are sweetie lol

Fianna
But then she is Phoenix..and the whole thing about Phoenix's is that they die and come back to life..so it's got to be expected...still annoying but understandable..

xx_Storm_xx
yea the phoenix thing is a little annoying

Crystal_Frost
i got a name change!!!!(again)

Mr Parker
the saddest thing that ever happend in xmen history,was when hollywood got their grubby little hands on them and made a movie out of them.like most comicbook movies,they decided to betray the spirit of the comics by changing their costumes. mad

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Crystal_Frost
yea the phoenix thing is a little annoying
I think that they really need to figure out something different to do with Jean Grey... The entire Pheonix thing is played imo

botcherby
I agree with mr.Parker.... It would have been so bloody cool to see the xmen running around in Jim Lee's Costumes.... everyone would've loved it....

Crystal_Frost
yes storms outfits!! drool

apoc001
To me the saddest thing about X-men is the overexaggeration of Wolverine's ability and personality. I much prefer the old comics where he was half normal.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by apoc001
To me the saddest thing about X-men is the overexaggeration of Wolverine's ability and personality. I much prefer the old comics where he was half normal.
Agreed sad

D1Puck1T
Sad...

1. Kitty Pride's breakup with Pete Wisdom. Because, as we all know, Kitty's such a pure and innocent girl that she could neeeever find happiness in the arms of an older guy that's good to her and has done some bad things in his past... Oh wait.

2. Proteus' death. Dude...

3. Nightcrawler's new family history. DUDE! NO!

4. Nathaniel Essex, standing on the very brink of throwing away his humanity forever, watches his wife and unborn child pass away. And his wife's last words to him are that he will be, to her, forever something sinister. Dang...

5. X-2 death of Lady Deathstrike. What a waste...

Speed_of_Sound
yes yes and yes

Spiral Goddess
When Matsu'o was about to commit suicide in front of
Psylocke

When Kitty found out her parents were getting divorced

I would have been really sad had Mojo 2 executed Domo in
Marvel Fanfare #4 !

Creshosk
Originally posted by D1Puck1T
Sad...

1. Kitty Pride's breakup with Pete Wisdom. Because, as we all know, Kitty's such a pure and innocent girl that she could neeeever find happiness in the arms of an older guy that's good to her and has done some bad things in his past... Oh wait.

2. Proteus' death. Dude...

3. Nightcrawler's new family history. DUDE! NO!

4. Nathaniel Essex, standing on the very brink of throwing away his humanity forever, watches his wife and unborn child pass away. And his wife's last words to him are that he will be, to her, forever something sinister. Dang...

5. X-2 death of Lady Deathstrike. What a waste... I don't think they mean sad like pathetic. . .

D1Puck1T
I don't think they mean sad like pathetic. . .

Oh, I know, I really do think those are some of the saddest (non-pathetic) moments in X-Men history. I mean, okay, the Wisdom and PRide breakup and Nightcrawler retcon are examples of just plain awful writing as well, but just because they're examples of pathetic writing that doesn't mean they're not sad for the characters too.

supreme_being
really heart wrenching stuff, in phoenix endsong, when every1 remembers her and there is a double sheet of every1 jean knows calling out to her before she dies... soooo sad, also when she is going into the white hot room and she says to scot, i wanna see ur eyes one more time sad

LordKaos
sad was when mikhail infected illyana with the legacy virus just because he thought her mystically augmented body would find a cure. she really looked up to him, and he hurt her more than belasco and s'ym ever did imo. what even made this sadder is that whole limited series was just a way of telling all the magik fans to shut up she ain't coming back so we're gonna give you this lame ass story to finally prove it

Bwa
see i cant stand cyclops so there for i cant feel any emotion towards him he has to be the most crappliy thought up mutant of all time and if you think for 1 second to prove me wrong look at his power all it is,is laser vison ........i mean come on who doesent have laser vison if you want a well thought up charctor look at x-tream he has i think the most original power.

supreme_being
lol its not laser vision its optic blasts

xx_Arwen_xx
sad..........hmmmmm............somethings sad.............when angels wings were amputated...he was just a normal person then........wait....does he have healing powers?? i'm confuse here. HELP!!!!

Arwen

Disappear
illyana looked up to her brother? she wasn't born until after he "died" the first time, and they never met before mikhail was whisked away to the hill. and everything he's done since then is hardly admirable... her admiration for him must've been dozens of times LESS than piotr's, and though infecting her was much worse than simply revealing himself as a weak, pathetic failure of a man, i still think colossus got the shit end of the rasputin stick when it came to mikey...

supreme_being
yes angel does have healing powers it explains it(i think) uncannyxmen.net... he evolved to a higher stage in evolution and thats where he got the healing factor, though its not as goods as wolvies!

xx_Arwen_xx
lol ty u for anwsering my ?

Marvelgeek
All the previous posts.
Let's see.
A lot of the back up stories from Classic X-men.
For Example: Jean waiting for her christmas date with scott not knowing that that day will forever change her *cough* phoenix *cough*.
Or How Jean actually turned into (well not turned into, gave her essence to) Phoenix, loved the way she was slowly dying.
Oh and Magnetos past.

Other stuff:
The whole Madelyne Prior thing.
The death of Infectia, with beast holding her (just having let Sinister take Threnody).
Although I know it's just a cover, but that alternate one from astonishing with beasts furry hand and broken picture of his former human self. Man that cover was deep.
Death of Jean Grey (on the moon) and Colosus needs to be brought up again simply cus they're so good (unfortunatly havent read the illyana thing).
When Storm lost her powers.
Rachel! Oh Rachel! How sad a life... sad

God I know there's tons more... confused

ALEMASTER
another bad time was when

emma got shot and smashed into 1000's of piece
one stetphard cuckoo died

Stormluvr
there are only 3 of them left i think,the cukoos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.