ARC vs.IG-100 MagnaGuards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
One avg. ARC Trooper vs. One Magna Bodyguard. I don't know about this one, but I'm leaning on the ARC.Magna Bodyguards (Grievous's Bodyguards) have proven strong enough to threaten the lives of Jedi, but ARC's are almost as strong as Jango himself (just one step down). And didn't Alpha (one of the main ARC's) kill a shielded Destroyer Droid in The Defense of Kamino? And for anyone who knows Labrinth of Evil better than I do, were any Jedi killed by Magna Bodyguards in that book?

Darth_Glentract
I think an ARC Trooper because the droids can't block blaster bolts.

Se7in
Don't know enough about either. I know Magna's gave Obi and Anakin little difficulty in a melee fight. I know Arc's are pretty strong and nearly comparable to Jango himself. Don't know, if Arc's can maintain distance, they take it, but if Magna's get in melee range, it's over. I say Magna's on pure speculation.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I think an ARC Trooper because the droids can't block blaster bolts.

So they can't block blaster bolts. Does that make them insuperior to standard Battle Droids? Anyway, it takes alot of laser bolts to destroy one (remember when Mace saw one being hauled away in labrinth of Evil with tons of blaster bolts in it?).

Ianus
With a blaster and some distance, an ARC could perhaps win. Up close? Pwned. I mean, Jangotatt lost to a JK droid and they are nothing compared to a Magnaguard.... IF I remember correctly.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ianus
With a blaster and some distance, an ARC could perhaps win. Up close? Pwned. I mean, Jangotatt lost to a JK droid and they are nothing compared to a Magnaguard.... IF I remember correctly.
I don't know about that. Kit had trouble defeating one JK droid.

Ianus
That is true. It was close.

Darth Faunus
And Obi-Wan nearly fell against one as well. Or was it two? Either way, I'd say the JK's are a cut above a MagnaGuard. This isn't to say that a MagnaGuard couldn't possibly defeat a JK. But the odds are against it.

In this scenario however, I'd hand it to the MagnaGuard. In LOE, six of them decimated Palpatine's guard, which consisted of several Red Guards and at least a dozen clones.

And what's to say that the MagnaGuards can't block blaster bolts? Grievous can do it with his bare hands, and if the droids are really as good as LOE makes them out to be, then it is likely that they can.

The ARC trooper would have a chance, but I think the extarordinary abilities that the MagnaGuards possess would guarantee them a victory.

darthsith19
I agree. And I think it was one.

So what? That's like, one guard and 2 clones each, right? Don't you think an ARC could do that?

Wait, Grievous can block blaster bolts? When does he do this? And since the Magna Guards can't use the Force it's unlikely they can block blaster bolts since they'd need to know exactly where the bolt's going and move it's electro staff before the bolt hit it. And do we even know if electro staff's can block blaster bolts?

Hmm. Okay. But couldn't the ARC just hit the Magna Bodyguard with it's missle launcher?

jollyjim311
Yeah, probably. I say the ARC Troopers, they just need to keep their distance while the opposing Magna Guards would need to make it through heavy blaster (and maybe rocket, if the ARC's have a rocket launcher) and close the distance to ARC Troopers in retreat (backing up while firing).

overlord
Didn't yu d00ds see teh Gr33v!0us/0b!1 fyght? Guns friggin pwn. smart

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
So what? That's like, one guard and 2 clones each, right? Don't you think an ARC could do that?

Possibly they could, yes. But with more than one casualty. They'd probably lose half their squad.

Wait, Grievous can block blaster bolts? When does he do this? And since the Magna Guards can't use the Force it's unlikely they can block blaster bolts since they'd need to know exactly where the bolt's going and move it's electro staff before the bolt hit it. And do we even know if electro staff's can block blaster bolts?

Have you read Labyrinth of Evil? Well, for dramatic effect (read The Grievous Theory, I'll post it), he deflects the initial barrage of blaster bolts from the trigger-happy clones with his bare hands.

And if a MagnaGuard can hang with a Jedi, why don't you think they can deflect blasters? there are dozens of passages in LOE that describe the vast abilities of the MagnaGuards, so please read it. I don't want to get into copying the lines again.

Yes, we do know that electro-staffs can deflect blaster bolts. Phrrik alloy, lightsaber-resistant. . . Didn't you see ROTS?

Hmm. Okay. But couldn't the ARC just hit the Magna Bodyguard with it's missle launcher?

If the ARC could hit it. Normal blasters, even blaster rifles, will prove relatively ineffective against IG-100's, as they can either deflect them or take them in the chest. It took several dozen shots to bring down a single MagnaGuard, and that was from multiple troopers. The rocket launcher would need to be loaded, aimed, and fired within a couple of seconds, or the MagnaGuard will tear apart the trooper. The problem, as stated, would be hitting the Guard,

Jack O'Neil
Even when Obi beheaded a IG-100 it still continued to fight. I don't think blaster bolts would be that effective on a IG-100 MagnaDroid.

Darth Faunus
Well, with enough of them, they can be. But it won't be the easiest route.

SS_181st_Snow
Forgive my ignorence, but what's a JK Droid?

Ianus
Jedi Killer. From The Cestus Deception.

darthsith19
Yes, once.

There's many books I have to read again. I'm merely stating that it'd be hard for droids to percieve where a blaster bolt will hit them and move fast enough to block it before it hits them.

Yes. That doesn't mean they can block lightsabers, though does it?

Well, I assume it'd be loaded already and hitting the guard wouldn't be to hard. I mean, they're Advanced Reconm Commandos, so they almost definately wouldn't miss, and even if they did it wopuldn't be by much and the impact of the rocket would still damage the droid.

Darth Faunus
There's many books I have to read again. I'm merely stating that it'd be hard for droids to percieve where a blaster bolt will hit them and move fast enough to block it before it hits them.

Grievous and five remaining droids completed their march to the bunker, deflecting the fire of three troopers guarding the entrance. . .

Even if they get hit, it took dozens of blaster bolts to bring down a single droid, unlike the clones, who in ROTS went down in one. A machine that can fight after being decapacitated, having limbs dismembered, and being pierced by enough bolts to bring down a squad of clones isn't going to be destroyed very easily.

Yes. That doesn't mean they can block lightsabers, though does it?

I don't understand. . . Lightsaber-resistant? The staffs. Block lightsabers. Block blaster bolts. Does that answer it?

Well, I assume it'd be loaded already and hitting the guard wouldn't be to hard. I mean, they're Advanced Reconm Commandos, so they almost definately wouldn't miss, and even if they did it wouldn't be by much and the impact of the rocket would still damage the droid.

Don't get me wrong; the ARC isn't a poor shot, not by far. But do you think it could hit an upper-tier Jedi with a rocket launcher? The MagnaGuards are imbued with amazing abilities. Extreme agility, magentized soles, unimaginably quick reflexes. . . They aren't Grievous's prize 'accomplices' for nothing.

The IG-100 takes this fight, although if the clone can pull the right moves, he may stand a chance.

SnakeEyes
I'd actually have to go with the ARC Trooper here. I've seen them do some awesome stuff in the comics. They are also the best of the best when it comes to nearly all the clones. In Republic Commando, one Clone Commando was a match for one IG-100... and ARC Trooper's are better than them, so I'm gonna have to go with the ARC Trooper.

Darth Faunus
You can't really go by gameplay mechanics. Otherwise I could say that T6 in KOTOR could take out teams of Dark Jedi.

SnakeEyes
Well, what I meant was that the npc Clone Commandos faired well against them. Even if you ignore that point, ARC Troopers in general are much smarter than Magnadroids. Alpha, for example, survived the entire Clone Wars and was on the front lines virtually the entire time.

Jack O'Neil
It depends on what type of MangaDroid where talking about. You foget that not all IG-100s used electro-staffs. In fact a lot were made to do different tasks.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Well, what I meant was that the npc Clone Commandos faired well against them. Even if you ignore that point, ARC Troopers in general are much smarter than Magnadroids. Alpha, for example, survived the entire Clone Wars and was on the front lines virtually the entire time.

Oh, I know. I don't mean to down-grade the abilities of an ARC Trooper. They would be the most difficult opponent a Guard can face, after a Jedi. But I think that the ARC has less of a chance in this battle than the IG-100. That's not to say it couldn't go in the Trooper's favor. But I'm leaning towards the MagnaGuard in this.

darthsith19
Have you read Republic Commando: Hard Contact? I'll look it up some other time, I don't feel like doing so right now, but I know Darman got hit with several blaster bolts while fighting Hokan's thugs when the were bruning down the barn and I believe he described getting hit with them as like being punched (due to his armor). He is a Clone Commando. I doubt ARC armor would be any less durable and protective than Commando armor.

Okay, so they block lightsabers but that doesn't mean they block blaster bolts. That's an assumption. There's no proof.

ARC's have quick reflexes, agility and arn't the Republic's prized Troopers for nothing. And ARC's are supposed to be nearly as strong as Jango himself. That's not something to be taken lightly.

Darth Faunus
Have you read Republic Commando: Hard Contact? I'll look it up some other time, I don't feel like doing so right now, but I know Darman got hit with several blaster bolts while fighting Hokan's thugs when the were bruning down the barn and I believe he described getting hit with them as like being punched (due to his armor). He is a Clone Commando. I doubt ARC armor would be any less durable and protective than Commando armor.

Okay, so they block lightsabers but that doesn't mean they block blaster bolts. That's an assumption. There's no proof.

ARC's have quick reflexes, agility and arn't the Republic's prized Troopers for nothing. And ARC's are supposed to be nearly as strong as Jango himself. That's not something to be taken lightly.

I've already addressed each and every one of these, directly or not, in my past posts. I'm not going to spend any more time here.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I've already addressed each and every one of these, directly or not, in my past posts. I'm not going to spend any more time here.
All right, just pointing out that the ARC troopers have the same quilities as Grievous's Bodyguards as far as armor goes and their reflexes are close to the same.

Darth Faunus
No. Although an ARC's armor is good, it isn't on par with that of the MagnaGuard. these things are built to the General's exact specifications, and there are very few of them. The ARC's, while rare, have a few hundred in their ranks. And their refkexes? Please. Are you saying a clone trooper has reflexes on par with those of a Jedi?

Ianus
Which must explain why the jedi could spar and beat their ass bare handed in The Cestus Deception, huh?

Darth Faunus
Ah, good point. That slipped my mind.

Ianus
Yeah. Both Obi and Kit Fisto had more unarmed capability than even ARC troopers.

darthsith19
No. Although an ARC's armor is good, it isn't on par with that of the MagnaGuard. these things are built to the General's exact specifications, and there are very few of them. The ARC's, while rare, have a few hundred in their ranks. And their refkexes? Please. Are you saying a clone trooper has reflexes on par with those of a Jedi?
Yes, but ARC armnor is built to the Jedi's exact specifications. And as for how many ARC's there are, hundreds? Thatr many? Where did you get this number? And are you saying Magna Guards reflexes are on par with a Jedi's? Maybe close, but not on par.

Yeah, but they're Jedi.

It would be embarassing for any Jedi, let alone a Jedi with their reputation, to have less unarmed capability than an ARC.

Ianus
That's untrue. The mercenary in Medstar I: Battle Surgeons has beaten jedi before in unarmed combat. It's possible to do.

Darth Faunus
Yes, but ARC armnor is built to the Jedi's exact specifications. And as for how many ARC's there are, hundreds? Thatr many? Where did you get this number? And are you saying Magna Guards reflexes are on par with a Jedi's? Maybe close, but not on par.

WTF? Since when have the Jedi had a hand in the training and creation of the ARC Troopers? You're grasping at straws here, and it's only destroying your argument even more.

And as for the ARC count. Considering that they detached four of them to Ord Cestus, I'd say they have a solid number of troopers.

Yes, I'm saying that the MagnaGuard's reflexes rival those of a Jedi. Not a high-level Knight or master, like Anakin or Obi-Wan, but there are likely many Jedi that would fall to a IG-100 in single combat.

*Gasp* Revelations!!

And of course they're Jedi. Jedi that can be harassed by Grievous's MagnaGuards. Jedi who wasted ARC troopers in sparring matches like it was their job.

The same ARC's who would be wasting droids built and trained for the kill? Droids that slaughtered Palpatine's elite guard? Erm, no.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ianus
That's untrue. The mercenary in Medstar I: Battle Surgeons has beaten jedi before in unarmed combat. It's possible to do.
Yeah, and the Jedi he beat wasn't using the Force.

Never said that. But the Jedi created them, therefor they are trained to the Jedi's specifications.

Four, huh? I know Nate/Jangotat was an ARC but did we ever learn if the others were even ARC's or not?

Yeah. Some below avg. Knights and some Padawans. But I'd also be surprised if an ARC ttooper couldn't kill some Jedi, too.

Obi-Wan and Kit got harassed by Grievous's magnaguards. I don't remember that.

ARC's were trained to kill. And I'd sure ARC's sre stronger than Royal Guards.

Darth Faunus
I'm not bothering here anyore. All you do is rephrase your same old, beat-down arguments, without a single logical or well-thought out one. Just move on with your life, or admit defeat.

darthsith19
I'm not bothering here anyore. All you do is rephrase your same old, beat-down arguments, without a single logical or well-thought out one. Just move on with your life, or admit defeat.
I repeat my arguements to try and get through to you. How in any way are they not logical? Defeat? LOL! no2

Ballister
Back to the MG's vs ARC's, MG's were designed to kill Jedi. An ARC could stand up to it, but then the MG could chuck its electro-staff at him.
MGs' aims are very accurate.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ballister
Back to the MG's vs ARC's, MG's were designed to kill Jedi. An ARC could stand up to it, but then the MG could chuck its electro-staff at him.
MGs' aims are very accurate.
LOL, chuck it's staff at it, have the ARC dodge it and then be unarmed and be shot to death. Nah, if they Magna Guard will win it won't be by throwing staff's. Coming to think about it perhaps the Magna Guard will win. Sfter all, I did say the avg. ARC. One of the original ARC's (the ones trained by Jango) could beat an ARC I think but I'm not sure about one of the second generation ARC's (trained by Alpha, one of the original ARC's). I guess I'd still go with the ARC, though.

Bobafett34
manga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.