Stuff about SW that Irratates you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SS_181st_Snow
Well, I guess I've been making some good threads, as no one's been flaming them, so I hope this is another. Here you can rant about stuff that bugs you like that little bi..I mean itch, or something that really pisses you off. Be it greedo shooting first, or even characters. Well, have fun venting.

Ianus
Greedo shooting first pisses me off.

The crap fight scene with Mace and Palpatine and the jedi pisses me off.

The horrible acting and over abundant CGI in AOTC pisses me off.

And Jar Jar binks irks me.

Darth_Glentract
Stupid people, whether in SW or not.

Lana
The fanboys.

Captain REX
I concur.

Ianus
Originally posted by Lana
The fanboys.
Yeah, this is probably number one

SnakeEyes
For me, it was the droids in ROTS. Their voices and demeanor were just so much different than in the previous two. I didn't like the fact that they were changed to give the movie more comic relief; Revenge of the Sith really didn't need it. It kinda pissed me off.

SS_181st_Snow
I think when Yoda is on Kashyyyk, and he's talking to Chewie before he leaves. I mean, I don't mind a few camios, but come on, that kinda tie-in is just overkill. And that little bastard Zett Jukassa...Wth? Thousands upon thousands of real jedi died in 10 seconds or less, while that kid comes out of nowhere and slices through the troops like they're cloth. The ONLY alibi there is the clones were caught off guard, which, they kinda were, because once they started shooting, he died. But still...

Captain REX
I'm okay with Chewbacca's appearance, it was good to see Yoda out of the Temple anyways. Geonosis just wasn't a place for Yoda to show up, I felt. Kashyyyk seemed like it would be his territory.

The droids with different voices? I like it better than the aimless drones of the droid army, gave them more personality, except for the lack of "Roger roger." stick out tongue

And Zett Jukassa? How can you complain about that? He was a skilled Padawan, he was probably smart enough to evade rather than attack, and then attacked when he thought he could get a chance to escape, but didn't get his chance, because he got shot down.

Lana
Zett was annoying because it was Lucas going "look at my kid kick more ass than a bunch of Knights and Masters!"

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Captain REX
The droids with different voices? I like it better than the aimless drones of the droid army, gave them more personality, except for the lack of "Roger roger." stick out tongue

Droids like that aren't really supposed to have personality. Even if it did give them more personality, they did it horribly. They made the voices themselves sound weird in general and they were now dumb all of the sudden.

Captain REX
They were dumb anyway. stick out tongue

overlord
Probably the Padme giving birth and death scene and Vader coming out some frankenstein experiment.
If it were up to me, they could've let it end almost right after Anakan burned to a crisp.

SS_181st_Snow
Another thing that irratates me. When Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Palps are stuck in the ray shields, Anakin says "Patience". WTF! NOW he says patience! If I was obi, I'd've unclipped the saber hilt and smacked him upside the head. Another is, Padme's and Leia's hairstyle with the bagel look, I mean COME ON! WHat're the freakin' chances of them donning the EXACT SAME Hairdoo! There's another tie-in I hate.

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
For me, it was the droids in ROTS. Their voices and demeanor were just so much different than in the previous two. I didn't like the fact that they were changed to give the movie more comic relief; Revenge of the Sith really didn't need it. It kinda pissed me off.

Amen to that. It took away from the cold, efficent manor the droids had before, and made them seem way too idiotic, it was if they couldnt 't even think.

FistOfThe North
Wooden acting and the constant slaps in the face insults to fan's intellligence.

Tangible God
Obi: "Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this."

The most sing-song, amateur Shakespearean voice EVER!

CobbleR
Zett was annoying because it was Lucas going "look at my kid kick more ass than a bunch of Knights and Masters!"
That was Lucas' son!?

Tangible God
Yep.

Ianus
Yeah. The Force is strong with his daddy.

Tangible God
Lucas Jr.: "Daddy, why do I have extra hair in unusual places?"

GL: "Because you're finally using the Force, son."

Dirk Jade
i hate how palpatine looks like he is 1)getting his Saber Sucked or 2) blazed out of his mind, when he says "Yes The FORCE is STRONG in you from this point forward you shall be known as DARTH...VADER..." or somthing like that.

Darth Jello
fanboys, stereotyping of alien species as good or evil, and most bothersome, for a group of people who are supposed to be the greatest swordfighters, why is it that only yoda, Sidious, Assaj, Luke, and Anakin show any degree of ambidextrity?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Dirk Jade
i hate how palpatine looks like he is 1)getting his Saber Sucked or 2) blazed out of his mind, when he says "Yes The FORCE is STRONG in you from this point forward you shall be known as DARTH...VADER..." or somthing like that.

Ill actullay have to say that that scene is of my top best S.W. scenes out of all 6 movies.

From the moment Plapatine gets up, after getting a can opened up on him by Windu, and walks up to Anakin saying "You are fullfilling your destiny, Anakin" up until just about after he says "show no mercy.." The dialouge that goes on between that part, i love.

I didn't like "Once more the Sith will rule the Galaxy!" He sounded constipated, lol.

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth Jello
fanboys, stereotyping of alien species as good or evil, and most bothersome, for a group of people who are supposed to be the greatest swordfighters, why is it that only yoda, Sidious, Assaj, Luke, and Anakin show any degree of ambidextrity?

Uh, I don't recall any stereotyping of alien species as good or evil.... I think that one's more a creation of the viewer than of the work itself.

And as for ambidexterity, it's not something people just randomnly do- it's the ability to use both hands equally well. Yoda and Sidious I don't recall -ever- using their offhand to attack, while Luke and Anakin have rarely used two blades and the latter especially sucked at it. Asaaj is a practitioner of a style that utilizes two blades, so she's presumably the only exception.

Darth Vious
Asside from Lucas' crappy skills as a director, there are only two things that piss me off. People thinking Boba Fett is cool, when he's blatantly not. And more so, C-3PO. I wish that gold-plated homo could somehow be digitally removed from all versions of the movies. At least Artoo kicks ass and has personality.

Ianus
Yeah, Artoo pwns. C-3PO is pretty much pointless and Boba Fett is the best thing since sliced bread if you ask his fans. Pfft.

Darth Vious
One of my favorite SW moments, was when Artoo first deployed his rockets and flew. That was movie gold. The thing that gets me most about people thinking Boba Fett is cool, is not so much the fact that they like a character (I know people like Luke, although he's an incestuous hick) but the fact that there is no screen evidence of him ever being cool or slick, just him getting his ass kicked by Luke and Han. I think it's the self-delusion that gets me more than anything else...

Ianus
Well, he's mysterious and all that. Tends to draw fans. Next thing you know he's an EU god and all hell breaks loose. Fanbase props up characters that shouldn't be favored in the first place.

*coughvadercoughcough*

Julie
Master giant bunny irked me

Veneficus
Anakin irked me to no end...the little dick and later a big dick with aboslulty no brains...it was like reading Romeo and Juliet all over again.

CobbleR
I get very irratated when I see the same thing when there is dramatic talking going on. The person that is talking and is making you feel what they are feeling always turns away from who they're talking to. EX 1) When Obi-Wan tells Padme that Anakin killed younglings, EX 2) When Anakin tells Padme that the Jedi have started a rebellion, EX 3) On Mustafar, Anakin turns away from Obi-Wan as they're talking. It's just coincidental that all of these examples are from Episode 3.

Ianus
Well, humans in SW have special sensor organs on their back. Yeah... um...

CobbleR
I swear you change your sig more often than I breath

Edit: I bet Leno couldn't come up with something as funny as that

Ianus
*Switches sig* I bet.

CobbleR
"It's so cold out the red snakes turned blue" - Conan, I bet he stole that from Leno

Ianus
Who would win in a fight between Letterman, Leno, and O'Brien?

CobbleR
Like a fist fight? I think Leno would get into one of his cars(most likely the fire truck) and run both of them over.

Ianus
Yeah, and O'Brien would have Max fight for him.

CobbleR
This isn't a very mainstream fact but Max's drum sticks actually turn into weapons. One turns in a Rocket Launcher and the other is a throwing weapon.

Ianus
But what about Letterman's teeth? He can catch a projectile missile in that gap easily.

CobbleR
Yeah, but the rocket would soon explode after, proving catching a missle is useless.

El_NINO
does people who get pissed becaused someone says "what if they make episodes 7,8,9" count as irritating?

xyz jedi
THe EU. Why all this Darth Revan and lots of other jedi's and sith. Do you really need to know ALL the sith and jedi?

Mantis
What irratates me in Star Wars is how fast Anakin turned to the darkside...

exanda kane
Yes. They should have drawn his fall out much further.

Ianus
Should have given some good reasons.

"You've got SPAM!"

"Argh! Spam mail is like sand; it's plentiful and coarse and gets everywhere!"

*Insert Mad Rage Here*

Ianus
Originally posted by xyz jedi
THe EU. Why all this Darth Revan and lots of other jedi's and sith. Do you really need to know ALL the sith and jedi?

You do realize you're in an EU thread, right? Just checking.

overlord
Do you really need to know ALL the sith and jedi?
Yeah, I wished they left all the main villains and heroes in other SW stories nameless..
huh

exanda kane
Anakin is suddenly a poster boy War Hero that just has a slight edge to him, a bit of arrogance and recklessness here and there. Then he is the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the Sith.
Yes, he has slaughtered a camp of Sand-People and commited other dark crimes but these are not known to the most of the Jedi.

The Jedi (as in a huge group of them) should have all witnessed Anakin doing something terrible early on in his Light to Dark Side transition, then they would see him as a Jedi on the edge, someone
amazingly strong in the force and skiled but someone with a bad reputation. Or something along those lines, im losing interest rapidly!

Darth Vious
Master Windu never wanted Anakin trained in the first place, how's that for stretching out his fall? Master Yoda only agreed to let Obi-Wan train Anakin because it was Qui-Gon's dying request. He was never actually happy about it. Anakin's descent began in AOTC when he slaughtered the sand people, was seriously expanded upon in CLone Wars (when he fought Assaj he imagined he was fighting Obi-Wan and Master Yoda) He was used his anger against the minions of the Techno Union in the episode where his artificial hand was destroyed. For those who cared to see the signs (which have been visible all the way through) this was no sudden change.

Ianus
Good points there. I suppose if you go strictly by the movies it appears sudden... ( I haven't picked up the comics yet, and Anakin is very rarely in the Clone Wars novels.)

Bicnarok
c3po

SS_181st_Snow
A few more things that annoy me. 1: In KOTOR, when you talk to Jolee, he says "Let me tell you about a Jedi I once knew, Master Hortath." But when you ask if Jolee knew him or the padawan, he says "No, no, they were before my time.", that just bugs me. 2: When people complain about the Ewoks from Ep 6, I mean, that was 20+ years ago, GET OVER IT! The movie was made for a younger audience.

DiamondBullets
Watto and Sebulba

FistOfThe North
Wooden acting.

Ianus
younger audience? Have you seen pictures of people lined up to see ROTJ? They're twenty and up.

Wait, you're friggin' newborn compared to those people. You wouldn't know.

Great Vengeance
What pisses me off is:

-AOTC anakin
-ROTS anakin
-Pretty much anakin in general(except TPM)
-AOTC in general
-Master vrook
-All the jedi masters in kotor II
-The dorky comic series like dark nest that ruin star wars
-The way they made sidious look pathetic in the ROTS windu fight
-The freaking "nooooooooooo" at the end of ROTS
-The prequels in general except for TPM and some parts of ROTS

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
What pisses me off is:

-AOTC anakin
-ROTS anakin
-Pretty much anakin in general(except TPM)
-AOTC in general
-Master vrook
-All the jedi masters in kotor II
-The dorky comic series like dark nest that ruin star wars
-The way they made sidious look pathetic in the ROTS windu fight
-The freaking "nooooooooooo" at the end of ROTS
-The prequels in general except for TPM and some parts of ROTS

You liked TPM? Odd. I honestly never met anyone that did. Just saying, cause I liked it as well. Just never cared to discuss it cause practically everyone "hates" it.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
You liked TPM? Odd. I honestly never met anyone that did. Just saying, cause I liked it as well. Just never cared to discuss it cause practically everyone "hates" it.

Yeah I liked TPM, the qui gon/obi/maul lightsaber duel might be the best in the entire saga.

windu
killing mace windu eritataded the fuging sh+t out of me

Ianus
I like the TPM saber duel. Movie itself was eh.

Darth_Glentract
The many misconceptions it gave me as a kid is annoying. Examples:

I thought in ESB, after they destroy the shield generator, that Veers said, "Lord Vader, you may begin yodeling."

Or in ANH that Obi-wan was running around nude after Vader cut his cloak, then figured it was censorship(they couldn't show an old guy getting cut in half).

windu
im the only one ppiisseedd about windu

windu
o man i made my own lightsber what a loser

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Ianus
younger audience? Have you seen pictures of people lined up to see ROTJ? They're twenty and up.

Wait, you're friggin' newborn compared to those people. You wouldn't know.

Actually, Hamill said ROTJ was aimed at a younger audience, but the older people loved the other two movies so much that they went to see it also.

FistOfThe North
Most EU continuities.

overlord
Little illiterate kids talking about sith and jedi annoyes me.

And they're here too... fear

SnakeEyes
It irritates me when people refer to multiple Jedi as Jedis...

xyz jedi
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
It irritates me when people refer to multiple Jedi as Jedis... Yeah.

Episode 7 from SS

Canadadude
that is the worst story ever that he has written

overlord
Yeah, nothing actually happens in those scripts.. They are suddenly over without any won conflict or climax at all and in the last script these Vader and Luke clones show up and immediately die. It strongly indicates the utter lack of common sense in Mickey Suttle.

Master Naresh
SS,where do i read these 7,8,9 which were created by super shadow?

overlord
Type in episodes 7 8 9 and he will pop up immediately like the little weasel he is.

Pondo Booboo

"But a true centered padawan without ego is. Your own pride it is which speaks. Yes yes yes."

But seriously, I liked the Palps/ Mace saber fight alot! It reminded me of the Obi Wan/ Vader fight, with the closer face off style.

But my gripe? It's a small but huge one. Y'know how the gang are plowing into Mos Eisely on the landspeeder in ANH (CGI version)? There's a moment before they rock in, when there's this "amusing" little floating robot taunting a larger one and going "nah nyehh! nyehh! nah nyehh! nyehh!" JOSES! What a load of bollocks! That RUINS that entire scene for me every time. Lucas has a sense of humour which tends toward bathos (i.e. banana peel) at times.

Why is Supershadow a weasel, Overlord? Because his marginalised views disenfranchise him? I like SS. But, uhhhh, you might wanna think about changing the acronym for the Jewish audience, Supershadow.

Shadow x 20
Episode 7 8 and 9 the SS way is what irratates me.

overlord
Why is Supershadow a weasel, Overlord? Because his marginalised views disenfranchise him? I like SS. But, uhhhh, you might wanna think about changing the acronym for the Jewish audience, Supershadow.
What the hell are you trying to say?

Pondo Booboo
I thought supershadow was SS 181st Snowmn, and I thought there were mean accusations being made. As there weren't, cool.

As to supershadow, read those AGES ago. Didn't realise (remember) that was Supershadow. I read those scripts and didn't care for them. Even at the time, I was thinking, and I ask you now, why aren't they wiped off for copyright reasons? Or have they been?

overlord
Nobody official apperantly cares about his nonsense wich a lot of kids unfortunately believe. But if you have further questions, you better do it in the SS thread as we are getting horribly off topic now.

Ianus
It's hilarious that SS took so many people for a ride. I knew he was a fake the moment I loaded the screen.

calvin44
Originally posted by xyz jedi

stop talking crap on revan!

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Pondo Booboo
I thought supershadow was SS 181st Snowmn, and I thought there were mean accusations being made. As there weren't, cool.

As to supershadow, read those AGES ago. Didn't realise (remember) that was Supershadow. I read those scripts and didn't care for them. Even at the time, I was thinking, and I ask you now, why aren't they wiped off for copyright reasons? Or have they been?

Lol dun worry 'bout it, the SS stands for Starsiege. And yeah, I thought shads would've been wiped out by now too. Hopefully someone with enough gee..."Tech" skills will wipe out his Harddrive.

overlord
Haha. SS 181st Snow actually believed that I was SuperShadow.
I just wish I was as influential and psycho as SS.

calvin44
well overlord i saw your avatar on ss website...

overlord
I'm his biggest fan.

calvin44
so then you must be gl, as ss puts it

overlord
Lol

SS_181st_Snow
Let's get back on topic before ush closes down like he usually does. NJO Luke Irratates me.

calvin44
jar jar binks irritates me, he ruined tpm.

exanda kane
I like the idea but not the literall form of an Uber Luke. It's one of the bummers about EU when you have someone like Luke that should purely be kept as a naive, impressionable farm boy and you have to practically make him a force-god because that what the OT basically gives to him the right of.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by calvin44
jar jar binks irritates me, he ruined tpm.

Hating Jar Jar is so '99. I'll have to say that i liked Ep. 1.

The stuff about SW that irritates me how short some of the saber fights are. For example the Gen. G. and Obi Wan saber fight was shorter than any star wars saber fight I've ever seen. After I saw Gen. G. fight with the sabers in "Clone Wars", before I saw Ep. 3, I thought, "who could beat him?", lol. Then seeing him draw his saber on Obi in Ep. 3 I readied myself to see something spectacular, the next thing you know the saber duel ended in no time, lol. Obi Wan is good but a trained Cyborg warrior War General know for slaying Jedi Masters , with 4 simultaneous sabers drawn, that was trained by the same Sith Lord who pwned Obi Wan 2wice should've lasted longer than that.

O well.

Ianus
The reiterate the point... fanboys. Hate SW fanboys. They are the worst.

overlord
How about this guy?
Look he's posing for teh camera's!!!!!!

http://img.stopklatka.pl/filmowcy/01500/01562/0.jpg

exanda kane
PT Fanboys are worse...no sense of taste whatsoever.

FistOfThe North
In Ep. 2 when Anakin said "Mi Lady",
&
In the OT when Han says "sister".

Say cheese!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by exanda kane
PT Fanboys are worse...no sense of taste whatsoever.

Exactly man I wholeheartedly agree.

cadmon
jar jar jar jar jar jar jar jar jar is *quite*................ annoying................

cadmon
oh yeah........ and the cartoon............ wtf!? dexter's lab in a galaxy far far away? also *quite* annoying.............

overlord
Yeah, those graphics are pretty typically of cartoon network..
They should have hired some anime cartoonists or something..

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Ianus
The reiterate the point... fanboys. Hate SW fanboys. They are the worst.

Me too, homes! They need a good ass-beating, ey. Especially those fools who camp in front of the theaters like months before the movie opens. Earlier this year in May, I saw some fool in a chewbaca suit at about noon here in Phoenix! It was like 105 degrees, ese! Pinche cabron!, I should have had one of my homies do a drive by! laughing

Darth Jello
they always have that tainty dork smell. like a rich blend of ass, taint, smegma, and cheetohs

DarthMaul9123
my irritation is also the droids mainly the supers, they go from heartless killers in AOTC to retarded punks who couldnt fight if they wanted to, also a Jedi getting shot is dumb, i mean dont they have the whole uh... consumed by the force thing where it slows everything down so they can see. o well i didnt make star wars

CobbleR
Han shot first!

Master Fisto
the reason they were shot in the film was PIS (plot induced stupidity)

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by CobbleR
Han shot first!

Damn right he did!! i remember it clearly as a child( b4 they "made it better" in the SE) it made Solo seem a real badass!!

Ogami Itto
but now, it is finished...

overlord
No, no it was Lucas' true vision that Greedo shot first. But wait! What is the canon version?!!

I place the real movies in higher regard actually.. Ushgarak, what is you opinion on this?

Next Venom_girl
"I love you."
"No I love you." sick
Time to hang up the acting career when....
...playing dead is the best bit of acting you've done all movie...
...the CGI robot out acts you....

Tangible God
Yeah, the droids became quite...............foolish in ROTS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.