new indiana jones without ford?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

terminallyill
Indiana Jones Sequal Scoop
We've Got The Goods On The Film's Questionable Casting Choices.

by Randolph Livingston

As we all know George Lucas recently admitted to wanting to do Indiana Jones: Episode IV. A fourth film about the adventurous archaeologist. This project has been in limbo for years, though producer Lucas himself hasn't helped matters much, halting the project in early 2004 over his disapproval of the script by Daniel Waters (Batman Returns). But even more surprising is who Lucas has been considering casting in the role if Ford were not to return.

The PBCB has leaked reports of Lucas meeting with Roy Jones JR. (Professional Boxer and analyst on HBO 'Boxing After Dark'.) When asked if rumours were true in a recent press conference Jones declined to comment. While Jones may be a former Middleweight, Super Middleweight, Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight boxing champion. I'm not sure that is enough to qualify him to play depict one of the silver screens most beloved heroes. To top it all off it appears Mr. Jones is at the end of his career, going out on a string of losses. This hardly seems the recipe for box office success.

All in all this writer is puzzled by this strange casting choice. Hopefully Mr. Ford gets on board and we can avoid another huge scale casting disaster for which Lucas has become renound for in recent years,(i.e. Hayden Christensen). In the mean time we can just hope Lucas comes to his senses and finds someone worthy of dawning the fedora and bullwhip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

not sure I like the idea of this. It should be Ford or on one! this sounds like some lame gimmick cause of his last name. what has he done besides the matrix?

tlbauerle
what?!

*sniff* this smells funny.

Ford has said he was interested, several times....plus did this guy see SITH? Hayden was extraordinary.

Mr Parker
I sure as hell hope they never make that movie.It would be such a joke of a film seeing that old geezer ford playing that role again.He needs to face it that he is too old for that kind of role now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mando
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I sure as hell hope they never make that movie.It would be such a joke of a film seeing that old geezer ford playing that role again.He needs to face it that he is too old for that kind of role now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

confused Didn't you get the scoop?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

It seems as though Geezers are in nowadays.

Terminator 4
Rocky 6
Rambo 4
Indiana Jones 4
Die Hard 4.0

These are all scheduled to be made within the next 2 years.

Originally posted by tlbauerle
....plus did this guy see SITH? Hayden was extraordinary.

Hayden was good, but the term "Extraordianary" is going too far. IMHO

tlbauerle
He was good to the point that I can't imagine anyone else in the role...I think that's extraordinary.

Anyone have a link to the above article?

amity75
Ford is in dire need of a box office hit and the only way he'll get one is to play Indy again.

Mando
He was good to the point that I can't imagine anyone else in the role...

I actually feel the same way.

mattador
Originally posted by Mr Parker
It would be such a joke of a film seeing that old geezer ford playing that role again.

I think he would do fine. Maybe have him pass the torch to one of his college student who has a knack for adventuring. I at least want to see Ford in something GOOD before he retires especially after "Hollywood Homicide" sick

Solo
I think Crisipin Glover should play Indiana Jones.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I don't think they could do Indiana Jones without Ford - he is Jones, the icon (which is probably why shows like Young Indiana Jones weren't well received.) Still, with a good script it could be ok. Obviously he's older, but I am sure they could work that out. Maybe set 10, 20 years after the last movie, he's settled down or something, maybe has a family - go from there.

Sean Connery did the aging/Father adventurous archaeologist character, no reason Ford couldn't do something like that. I think the worse thing would be to pretend the Jones character hasn't aged at all (if they use Ford) or replace him and hope the replacement can somehow capture that say charm.

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
I think Crisipin Glover should play Indiana Jones.

Crispin glover? Mcfly? nah. Harrison ford as Indiana jones is entirely irreplaceable. That's like saying Rambo should be played by jimmy fallon. Geezer or not, Ford hasto play this role. or many will be disappointed.

But then again I could be talking out of my backside. Crispin glover is a good actor, it's possible he could resemble the way harrison for walked, and talked. If it's possible, it will be difficult.

Solo
Nonetheless, Glover better be playing the joker:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/simonpimpernel/c434f3a4.jpg

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
Nonetheless, Glover better be playing the joker:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/simonpimpernel/c434f3a4.jpg

Wow, You are absolutley right.

speiderman
the movie should get made but it better not be sloppy if it does get made. By far, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was the best Indiana Jones film.

Bicnarok
having a boxer (who avoided decent apponents and when he met one got decked) play the part is daft, you need someone like sean bean or the bloke who played aragorn in loTR

Julie
No Ford....eeek it wouldn't be the same...

Eis
what?!

*sniff* this smells funny.

Ford has said he was interested, several times....plus did this guy see SITH? Hayden was extraordinary.
Christensen is a horrible actor, if Lucas casts him for Indy 4 the movie will be absolute shit!
And I sure as hell hope they cast Ford but is not a necessity for the movie to be good. erm

idowhatiamtold
I hate when they replace the character, but he is old as hell... I say just nix the whole thing and spend the dough on a new idea.

Eis
Yeah but I don't think Lucas is gonna replace Indiana Jones... It's probably gonna be like his son or his student....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.