Pierce Brosnan's Rant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eternitygoddess
Thought this was pretty funny.

Wolfie
Wasn't Brosnan only contracted for four Bond movies anyway?

silver_tears
I've never pegged him for a swearer blink

yerssot
errr... he does that quite often lately blink

yeah, I read it but bare in mind that he doesn't mean it offensive but that it's more of a "and I'll get you back"

silver_tears
shame I hate potty mouths no

Mr Parker
LOL.I love it that he is pissed about being dropped as Bond.Yeah he was definetely too old too be playing the role anymore.I mean the guy couldnt do anything about his horrible acting,but he never even bothered to dye his hair to keep the grey hairs showing from the sideburns.good riddance.

yerssot
I thought it gave him a good look actually

Ahnold
Hmmm ... well, it's sad to say that this isn't the only rant that Mr. Brosnan has made about 007 in recent months. I mean, fair enough - the guy does have the right to be angry witht the producers; after all, they did promise him that he would be in Bond 21, and then just unceremoniously fired him when they decided to go in a different direction with the film. BUT ... if it IS true that he demanded an exorbant sum of money to appear in Bond 21 {some sources say $30 million, others say as high as 42!} then what did he expect?

And what's worse, he hasn't just been making what I would consider to be justifiable rants about being fired, or about the way the producers have treated him and the role; he's been saying how much he disliked being Bond all along! I mean - talk about a hypocrite! In some interviews, Bond was his life-long ambition, and he felt utter "heartache" after losing out on the part; but in others, he says he felt like a "phoney" in the role, and bemoaned how much he hated the "cheesy one liners" that he was forced to say. C'mon, man - make up your mind!

Especially after repeatedly stating how sad he was to have lost out on the role back in '86 {because of his commitment to 'remmington steele'}, and how happy he was to have had a second chance in '94 {despite, tragically, this only happening after his wife, Cassandra Harris - a former Bond girl herself, who knew how much he wanted the role - had died}, now he acts like he's had a lucky escape. I mean, the man can't even be happy for the new guy, saying things like the producers made their choice out of "fear". Even Sean Conney had nothing but praise for Daniel Craig! Talk about sour grapes, Pierce.

Originally posted by Wolfie
Wasn't Brosnan only contracted for four Bond movies anyway?

I believe so, yes - but he was promised a fifth. I think that pretty much everyone assumed that he would do Bond 21, and then that would be it.

Ahnold
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah, he was definately too old to be playing the role anymore. I mean, the guy couldn't do anything about his horrible acting, but he never even bothered to dye his hair to keep the grey hairs showing from the sideburns. Good riddance.

Of course, you're fully entitled to your opinion there, Mr. Parker, but I'm afraid I wholeheartedly disagree with ya {heh - don't I always when it comes to you and I stick out tongue ?}.

Sure - it's true to say that Pierce WAS getting on a bit {he was, I think, 51 when he did "DAD}, though {like roger moore before him} his problem was simply that he began his role as 007 quite late on in life. I still felt that he had at least one more Bond film left in him, and actually thought he still loooked pretty good for a man his age; I agree with yerssot on this one. I felt that the grey actually added a touch of class to his appearance!

And remember - though it might not have been the best film in the series {by a long shot, in fact}, roger moore was 57 when he did "AVTOK", and wasn't running around with a zimmer frame or anything. Brosnan could still have cut the mustard come Bond 21.

And as for his acting ... you may think what you like, but I still strongly disagree. IMHO, Brosnan was the best Bond since Connery and Moore - a real all rounder who could be suave, sophisticated, charming, and yet still possessed that dangerous streak. Daniel Craig has his work cut out for him; he has some mighty big shoes to fill ...

Fëanor
i hardly doubt he went into that kind of a tirade...just doesn't seem like him. not that i know the man personally. but then what do i know

Ahnold
I dunno, Feanor; whilst I've personally never heard about the interview that eternitygoddess commented on, I do know about many other rants that the former 007 has made in recent months ...

yerssot
Originally posted by Ahnold
Hmmm ... well, it's sad to say that this isn't the only rant that Mr. Brosnan has made about 007 in recent months. I mean, fair enough - the guy does have the right to be angry witht the producers; after all, they did promise him that he would be in Bond 21, and then just unceremoniously fired him when they decided to go in a different direction with the film. BUT ... if it IS true that he demanded an exorbant sum of money to appear in Bond 21 {some sources say $30 million, others say as high as 42!} then what did he expect?

And what's worse, he hasn't just been making what I would consider to be justifiable rants about being fired, or about the way the producers have treated him and the role; he's been saying how much he disliked being Bond all along! I mean - talk about a hypocrite! In some interviews, Bond was his life-long ambition, and he felt utter "heartache" after losing out on the part; but in others, he says he felt like a "phoney" in the role, and bemoaned how much he hated the "cheesy one liners" that he was forced to say. C'mon, man - make up your mind!

Especially after repeatedly stating how sad he was to have lost out on the role back in '86 {because of his commitment to 'remmington steele'}, and how happy he was to have had a second chance in '94 {despite, tragically, this only happening after his wife, Cassandra Harris - a former Bond girl herself, who knew how much he wanted the role - had died}, now he acts like he's had a lucky escape. I mean, the man can't even be happy for the new guy, saying things like the producers made their choice out of "fear". Even Sean Conney had nothing but praise for Daniel Craig! Talk about sour grapes, Pierce.

I believe so, yes - but he was promised a fifth. I think that pretty much everyone assumed that he would do Bond 21, and then that would be it.
oh dear waffle, ahnold! we're guessing his wager not his age! He gave the number he wanted for the movie, can't remember it at the moment but I konw it was LOWER than DaD. So he also went beserk once when a reporter asked him if they threw him out for the money which was a big fat lie of course if you know he wanted to take a cut back...

and I think that it's just all about the moment if he has to answer about (dis)liking the role of Bond. If it's a relaxed interview, he'll say he hated departing from it, but if he's annoyed I guess he just wants to get it over with and take the less diplomatic responds.

ow, and btw, his contract stated they signed him for 4 movies but there was a clause in to get him for a 5th. The Broccolis have opted not to take the clause

silver_tears
I've come to terms with Brosnan not being Bond any longer. Having watched DaD the other day, he really is just too old sadly sad

It's very obvious in DaD. Although I will continue to have great respect for him because he is in my favourite Bond film ever, Goldeneye, so I'll always remember him from those golden days.

Mr Parker
Yeah of the Brosnan Bond movies,Goldeneye was one that I actually DID like.

silver_tears
Since it's the same director for CR I'm expecting big things big grin

yerssot
Originally posted by silver_tears
I've come to terms with Brosnan not being Bond any longer. Having watched DaD the other day, he really is just too old sadly sad

It's very obvious in DaD. Although I will continue to have great respect for him because he is in my favourite Bond film ever, Goldeneye, so I'll always remember him from those golden days.
he could simply dye his hair... moore kept on going anyway

silver_tears
He doesn't have the fitness anymore though, like in DaD he had put on the pudge, it wasn't like Goldeneye in the pool anymore no

yerssot
ok, but when he has clothes on, he still looks delicious

silver_tears
well put, no one wears Bond's pants like Pierce my future husband happy

yerssot
well, I will try to wear them... perhaps some of his charm will be transfered to me to make me that tad more suede wink

silver_tears
Well if you wear them even half as well as he does droolio
Sign me up for the next girl lead!

yerssot
you mean with one leg in each part of the trousers?
well, considering entering a movie is easy there, just get them to film in Toronto wink

silver_tears
And them riding just right droolio
And if I could get them to film in Toronto, I would yes

yerssot
that's the part I like

well, they could do a hommage to AVTAK, and instead of doing another basejump from the Eifeltower, they could do one from the CN ... They could do something special with the glass floor I think.

silver_tears
Me too wink

That'd be pretty awesome actually, although in Resident Evil II, they blew up our city hall.

yerssot
I wouldn't have even dared to think of that *gasps*

well, we have to come to terms beforehand then that Bond should like Canada and won't blow things up like City Hall wink
I'll see what I can do to promote it to them cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.