Is Bond Really That Good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xshadow
It's all the same, wow they' re making another one with a stupid actor. There hasn't been one good bond movie. They're all crap.

*Edited the title and the horrendous grammar *sigh*
silver_tears

Inspectah Deck
dontgetit

Evil Genius
James Bond lost its way with "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Moonraker" it has never found its way back.

silver_tears
We value your opinion here, but I am changing the title of this thread to give off a less hostile vibe and since people might have some anti-bond ideas, I'm allowing it to stay open. smile

And in response, I do believe the first bond was quite unique from anything else thumb up

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud He just got banned today

silver_tears
Our loss I'm sure no expression

Mando
Originally posted by silver_tears
Our loss I'm sure no expression
laughing out loud

well, he can still read this I believe.

But James bond tends to get more and more Dull as the series goes on. But Sean connery as James bond was the best james bond there is. All the James bond films he is in are automatic classics. My favorites being: "Dr. NO", "From Russia with love", and "You only live twice". If you want to see bond at his best, then check those out. I also really enjoyed "The man with the golden gun" it shows great origin to "the golden gun" used in the video games, Although it doesn't have connery it's still great.

yerssot
yeah and of course the threadmaker has seen them all roll eyes (sarcastic) basic human thing to do: you hate the movies so you see all 20 of them

These people tend to forget a few things:
1) These movies are damn old. Dr No is from 1962! The stories at those times were mighty futuristic or is having an ejection seat in your car standard now?

2) Movies just leach of its succes and steal the storylines... Or where do you think holding the world for randsome with weapons of mass-destruction is from?
What about XXX and other movies with spies?

3) It's innovative, no matter what you think. The jet-ski and basejumping for instance got developed and made for the bond movies (or in some instance got it through to a bigger crowd) and now with genetherapy in DaD...

4) Saying there isn't ANY good Bondmovie just shows that the person who made this thread has seen only 1 movie and is basing himself on that one only.
Ask ANY person who knows the bondmovies and Goldfinger and FRWL will be named as perfect movies.

I could go on and on even

silver_tears
Please do, I'm fascinated

yerssot
*hears the sarcasm-detector exploding in the back*

silver_tears
I was being serious, I think the lack of smilies set it off

yerssot
about the emancipation of women thanks to the bondmovies or the 'explicit' sexual content?

Clovie
what emancipation? blink

silver_tears
it's nowhere near explicit erm

Mando

Thats what I was thinking. Try watching "Monsters ball" or "Original sin" perhaps.

yerssot
Originally posted by Clovie
what emancipation? blink
that they got to be more than a nice figure somewhere in the back: Honeyrider had a liberty at her disposal that was quite unrivaled at the time

changing stockings in the '60s was

Originally posted by Mando
Thats what I was thinking. Try watching "Monsters ball" or "Original sin" perhaps.
I'm sorry but this is just laughable! Yeah, lets go compare a movie of the early SIXTIES with one thirty years later! You're full of great ideas eek!
Please! Dr No was in 1962! At least take the decency to figure out that there were other values and norms at that time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Clovie
Originally posted by yerssot
that they got to be more than a nice figure somewhere in the back: Honeyrider had a liberty at her disposal that was quite unrivaled at the time but still James was always number one...

yerssot
surprisingly he IS the maincharacter in the entire series

Mando
that they got to be more than a nice figure somewhere in the back: Honeyrider had a liberty at her disposal that was quite unrivaled at the time

changing stockings in the '60s was

I'm sorry but this is just laughable! Yeah, lets go compare a movie of the early SIXTIES with one thirty years later! You're full of great ideas eek!
Please! Dr No was in 1962! At least take the decency to figure out that there were other values and norms at that time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I actually didn't think about that surprisingly. But, Still, I don't find anything in the Bond movies to be that serious of sexual content. especially to start emancipation.

Clovie
surprisingly he IS the maincharacter in the entire series really? I would never guess blink stick out tongue

yerssot
Originally posted by Mando
I actually didn't think about that surprisingly. But, Still, I don't find anything in the Bond movies to be that serious of sexual content. especially to start emancipation.
you should stop living in the present if you're judging an old movie, serioulsy! in the 60's changing stockings was revolutionary and rather a scandale to put in a movie

silver_tears
I don't buy that at all. In the 20s the flappers wore much less daily. I don't think we moved back in time in the 60s to before women showed their legs. blink

Mando
you should stop living in the present if you're judging an old movie, serioulsy! in the 60's changing stockings was revolutionary and rather a scandale to put in a movie

I wasn't aware you knew local Cinema in the 60's. Personal experience?

yerssot
I have a broad interest Mando, you might want to check out the Dr No DVD to find out more
I don't buy that at all. In the 20s the flappers wore much less daily. I don't think we moved back in time in the 60s to before women showed their legs. blink
urgh, not showing legs! changing stockings

silver_tears
thereby showing legs no expression

Mando
I see what point you are trying to get by yerssot. And I agree, sexuality was not thought of then as it is nowadays. But still, Emancipation? I think James bond started something new, it got people thinking, and talking about their more 'Seductive' side. Which is another reason why bond is so awesome.

yerssot
Ah well, Mando... That's what they say on the documentary on the dvd of Dr No wink They refer to Honeyrider as an emancipated woman in the movies that can stand up for herself.
But I would agree in saying that this is dependable on your own views, like the seductive side

thereby showing legs no expression
if you fail to see this easy point, I suggest we call this discussion a day since it doesn't seem possible for you to get this any time soon.

silver_tears
good day to you then

Bardock42
He's no Batman but he's pretty decent.

yerssot
he's howt eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.