New Terminator Television Series!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Check it out....

The Terminator franchise has taken a sudden turn into a worm-hole and will soon end up going back to the time period after Terminator 2!

Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has joined with Warner Bros. TV and writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) for Fox's tentatively titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Fox series will focus on Sarah Connor (not played by Linda Hamilton) and her savior son John Connor.

Variety reports that Friedman will write the pilot and serve as executive producer-showrunner of the series, which will take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third "Terminator" features. Vajna and Kassar will serve as executive producers, with C2 senior vice president of development James Middleton also producing.

In addition, Vajna confirmed that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth "Terminator" film and that the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy.

http://www.martinwildig.com/pictures/sarahconnor_1.jpg

"There will be a connection," Middleton said. Linda Hamilton is not expected to be involved in The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of "T2," when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," he said.

Friedman said his "challenge is trying to figure out how to reinterpret (Connor) for television."

Because the "Terminator" franchise involves time travel and alternate futures, Friedman believe he'll be able to take a few plot liberties in the series -- emphasis on "few."

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

TheArnoldFans

chriscaffee
I can't say I'm interested. The entire point of the franchise is the Terminators themselves. I don't know if anyone can do the role justice other then Arnold.

Konjammenson
So what the hell is the show supposed to be about then? The events between T2 and T3? That is going to be super boring. It can't be a Terminator show if there aren't any Terminators! I must assume that between the events of T2 and T3 there weren't any terminator battles. How the hell they are going to work this into an interesting show I don't know. Once again, stiffing out Linda Hamilton; bah!

Kenty T-1000
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Sarah Connor (not played by Linda Hamilton)

Pfft... what's the point? You might as well paint the terminators pink sad

vvvrulz
Now that wouldnt be a pretty sight.

Benhacker
There's a rumor that they are also going to make a Terminator series based on the future war. And the rumor is that Stan Winston will be doing the F/X for the battle scenes and directing it.

Benhacker cool

SlickRick69
that could work, as a way to introduce other actors in the roles of other Infiltrator Terminators, in order to pave the way for one of those boys to take the role in the next big screen feature or something...

then wrap up all the Terminator stuff with one final flick, allow for Arnie's cameo at the end, to tie it all up and end the saga once and for all...

the TV series about Sarah Connor's life between T2 and T3 would most likely suck ass though...

Konjammenson
Originally posted by SlickRick69 the TV series about Sarah Connor's life between T2 and T3 would most likely suck ass though...

It will suck. I can't even imagine how it could be made good. It's going to take some really creative writing to make this worth it. W/E I've accepted that the first 2 films are masterpieces and nothing coming after them will match up. I'll check the show out most likely and I will still see/buy all the movies that come out. I'm just not going to be upset about it.

SlickRick69
maybe the TV show could have Robert Patrick or Michael Biehn come back as a T-1000 who takes on a familiar form in order to guide Sarah Connor through her many chronicles into the Future and more...

LOL!!

not

vvvrulz
Hey the way some of today's tv shows go, who knows..

o kiMMii o
Hmm im not so sure, i never watch series but i will check this out, lets hope it doesnt suck eh

o kiMMii o
This sucks, i dont want another, bring back Linda Hamilton!! what is she too old now ????????

vvvrulz
She doesn't want to associate with crap.

Kenty T-1000
So they're airing it in the US, eh?

As soon as it hits England I'll be watching like a hawk shifty

OB1-adobe
"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

Too late for that, already happened

kanis
devil2 This is a really bad idea haven't they already screwed the terminator franchise with the third film and now they are making a series about sarah connor who survived two terminators to die of leukemia that's just bollocks in the first film was died leading a raid on a skynet factory and gets killed in the process that's how she dies. What are they going to do in the series anyway each in episodedo they get attacked by a different terminator each week and kill it inventive but clever ways.

Undertaker
Doesn't sound too bad, Doubt we would get it in Australia though.

alic88
tv shows are at their peak right now, they can really make a good television series. It will be hard, only die hard terminator fans will watch it, it wont get good ratings, and as usual the networks look at the ratings rather than quality, wont provide the show with the budget, therefore the series will be dropped out within no-time. Plus like a lot of people have pointed out, it will be hard to get a suitable cast. and guess what? i was reading EMPIRE magazine they interviewed claire danes and she said she wont do another terminator movie. I was not such a fan of the character of Katherine brewster but since she played an important role she was vital if the terminator movies were to continue with some hope, now the terminator movies are in a deep hole.

barand1
Oh no! I didn't know that about Clair Danes. That's dissapointing.

Could you please be able to type up that section of the interview and post it on here alic88?

vvvrulz
Well despite Kate Brewster's importance, I found Claire Danes's performance downright annoying. But then again I wasnt terribly happy with any of the T3 cast, terminators aside..

kanis
devil2 I think that she was just included to replace sarah connor not in strength just as a another semi hard female.

barand1
I like the Kate Brewster character. Wouldn't of felt right with just John and the T-850. Kate made the situations, which were happening seem more real, giving that human element an extra boost, if you know what I mean?

chriscaffee
She did that, but it was a bit redundant in a way. Basically a retelling of T1 (thematically speaking).

kanis
angel I'm just complaining because t3 should not have been made.

redcaped
I hope Kristanna Loken is in it as a human female. Skynet creates its models from people it kills. I guess from T-01-1000 victims and this girl was so damn sexy that skynet decided to give her an X=SEXY code T-X!

Makedde
I'd watch it, as long as it had Arnie in it.

So it's about the misadventues of Sarah Connor, who goes on the run after the big bad T1000 is melted. What happens to John?

Do we get to see SC die of cancer, then? And who the hell can do the charactor justice, other than Linda Hamilton herself?

redcaped
I like the robot better so no tv series please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.