What do you hate about Comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
What do you guys hate about comic books?

Eventhough we all love them, there must be something that feels like burden.

For me its the never ending crusade of getting back issues. The odds are against me. It never ends.

I do get sick of paying for it sometimes too. Especially the Dc Archive editions, but I'm working my way up there.

I figure if I buy at least 6 or 8 a year I'll be gold.

Though there also days I wish comics would stop and be concluded. 70 years for dc, and 40 years for Marvel. Thats enough stories to last a life time.

Maybe after we're dead, and in the after life we can sit back and enjoy it all.

kohl
yeah, paying (and finding) back issues is quite a task. for us who have not been collecting from day one, completing a collection is really difficult.
maybe there should be a year-long break so we could catch up? hehe. *sigh*

botcherby
I need to make trades of all the stories that never get put in tpb... and they should make them quicker... for example Nightwing... I want to collect them but they are not coming out fast enough....also I hate the essential books those b/w tpbs... I hate them I hate them, they may be cheap for lots of old stories but back in the day they couldn't draw... and B/W is just so horrible theres not even tonal....

DarthLazious
Nothing.

Disappear
about half the fans...

lord krondor
Originally posted by Disappear
about half the fans...

The people who read them.

botcherby
hey I got a new one to add to my list

stupid writers... sometimes they just write the most ridiculous stories, and by that I'm talking about nuke's going off, and a certain somebody surviving it quite casually do to an OTT irrational healing factor

also I'm finding that the fanboys are really really annoying, I just wish there were some of these fanboys in London, where I could make them see sense :P

SnakeEyes
I don't like the advertisements in the comics. They take away from the mood of a story and can get annoying. And how it takes so long for trade paperbacks to come out sometimes.

botcherby
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I don't like the advertisements in the comics. They take away from the mood of a story and can get annoying.

hehe good point there, DC for example I swear have increased the number of ads, its almost 3 pages of ads inbetween the crucial parts of the story :P

Piedmon
"Fans" who seem to only read the comics so they can have something more to complain about.

thesilverspider
the idiot writer's that mess up characters such as spiderman when the hell is the goblin gonna give it a rest

Scoobless
when companies go out of their way to change a character... then completely ignore that change on his/her next appearance..... mainly bad guys or bit part characters..... but even with guys like Spider-Man.... give him the ability to talk to insects then forget about it (has he used that "power" once since Disassembled?)

botcherby
Originally posted by Piedmon
"Fans" who seem to only read the comics so they can have something more to complain about.

its the internet chump, nuff' said

steverules
The fact that they might be giving spidey a cyborg eye and a new costume and when they show two hero's on a front cover fighting and then u find that they don't actually fight or that they fight for one page and that's it.

ScreaminBanshee
I hate how everyone in the book is super buff. If you look at the cover of the Giant Size X-men comic, the one where storm appears on the cover, you see that Wolverines leg muscle is HUGE. It looks like his pants are about to burst from all of the muscle!

Scoobless
Originally posted by ScreaminBanshee
I hate how everyone in the book is super buff. If you look at the cover of the Giant Size X-men comic, the one where storm appears on the cover, you see that Wolverines leg muscle is HUGE. It looks like his pants are about to burst from all of the muscle!

ditto

yes

King_Mungi
Covers that are so misleading. Like why was Ronin and Sentry or even Wolverine on most of the New Avengers covers when they wern't even in the issue? stuff like that

Oh and my favorite team doesn't get the respect or exposure it truely deserves.

Creshosk
Aritsts like Rob Liefeld shifty

Creshosk
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Covers that are so misleading. Like why was Ronin and Sentry or even Wolverine on most of the New Avengers covers when they wern't even in the issue? stuff like that

Oh and my favorite team doesn't get the respect or exposure it truely deserves. Yeah favorites not getting the spotlight they deserve I'm going to ue that as a doubleedged sword for the ones who get more than they deserve and the ones that get less than they deserve.

willRules
I don't like the ever increasing prices

grey fox
I don't like that fact that my respective country (Britain) barely sells any of the kick-ass marvel comics and i have to scrape my knowledge from the Internet and what the members say.

who?-kid
The four most annoying things about comics

- PIS/CIS
- Lack of continuity
- oversized muscles
- fanboys

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
I don't like that fact that my respective country (Britain) barely sells any of the kick-ass marvel comics and i have to scrape my knowledge from the Internet and what the members say.

me too sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox

bullsh!t... i'm in Scotland and i have 2 decent comic stores in my local(ish) area.... get online, or look through the yellow pages for your nearest "Forbidden Planet"

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
bullsh!t... i'm in Scotland and i have 2 decent comic stores in my local(ish) area.... get online, or look through the yellow pages for your nearest "Forbidden Planet"

Forbidden planet is alright but i prefer "the travelling man" at the moment.

botcherby

hotsauce6548
I hate the loads of ads in comics. no expression

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
Forbidden planet is alright but i prefer "the travelling man" at the moment.

Where are you? I'm in Edinburgh.

Originally posted by botcherby
I go to the biggest Forbidden Planet in UK (the one in London), and it doesn't give enough of the titles by other publishers that aren't the big 2. If they equalled out the layout or made an obvious space for the alternative publisher comics, people would find that quite a lot of the titles are decent... but of course that'll never happen, cos' everyones brainwashed to Marvel/DC

There's a store in Edinburgh called "Deadhead Comics"... they do more of the alternative stuff... but it's not as big as FP

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
Where are you? I'm in Edinburgh.

Bristol

OB1-adobe
I kinda wish comics would stop, or conclude if you will.

Then we would have years of story lines to read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.