Episode III Our Way...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

palpy_666
I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we could all re-write ROTS the way WE would want it.. or just to re-write in a fun way. We can each contribute a little, but not too much.

I'll start...

Scrolling titles (don't feel like writing all that stuff)

kalsemo
oh gee. i can sense that this is going to go nowhere reeeeeallly quickly......

PVS
lord vader is born, deathstar is built, the empire uses it to destroy planet noob,
all pointless thread starters cry out in terror, and are suddenly silenced.

roll credits

overlord
I don't know, throw out some lame duels and replace them with some more focusing on the jedi masters.
And let the movie end immediately after Anakin falls in the lava.
Only this time even longer and more surprising than Anakin just jumping.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS
lord vader is born, deathstar is built, the empire uses it to destroy planet noob,

roll credits

Dude, just shut up. This is a good thread idea. There were many things about Episode III that I would want changed.

Now...

My changes:

No Grievous, they should have focused more on Dooku, have Sidious take Anakin under his wing, then let those two duel for the rights to be his apprentice. It would have been much more epic.

Super Battle Droids shouldn't have talked, they made them into idiots with terrible voices.

Anakins killings in the Temple should have been shown, I did not feel his evilness as much as I should have.

Hayden Christensen should learn to act using his eyes too, all of his lines were given with a straight face for the most part. He was too wooden, but granted, he was better than he was in AOTC.

PVS
yeah, thats nice...only its meant to be a 'line by line' thread...

Originally posted by palpy_666
I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we could all re-write ROTS the way WE would want it.. or just to re-write in a fun way. We can each contribute a little, but not too much.

I'll start...

Scrolling titles (don't feel like writing all that stuff)

just in case you havent actually read the initial post and simply jumped in to rehash the good ol days of pointless feuds, which it seems you did smile

exanda kane
Yes No Grevious. I know this is off topic but Episode 3 was by far the best of the PT and it only suffers from Grevious and the poor TPM and AOTC.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, thats nice...only its meant to be a 'line by line' thread...

just in case you havent actually read the initial post and simply jumped in to rehash the good ol days of pointless feuds, which it seems you did smile

Screw line by line. That would end up just being a crap thread with people making shit up.

PVS
thus my initial point eek!

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS
thus my initial point eek!

Point and match.

I just like the fact of a thread where we say what we would have done different, not rewriting everything including dialouge.

b-dan
Originally posted by PVS

roll credits thats exactly the way i would of put it

spencerspider
Anakin losing was gay everything else was ok I say they jump off the lava platform thing they were on together onto a cliff type thing. Anakin is near edge and they are going super fast again, and Anakin force pushes Obi-Wan and Anakin (has red lightsaber) goes for the kill and lets his guard down and,Obi Wan does some crap and stabs Anakin in the stomach or somewhere where he won't die, (Obi-Wan somehow stop force push) Anakin falls off cliff and burns, floats up to land where Sidious is and keep going bla bla

Alkaselzer
Anakin losing was gay? What did you expect, a victorious man to suddenly burst into flame?

I think it was done just fine. It showed his arrogance, and how blinded he was by the Dark Side to trust his judgement. Obi-Wan even says that if he jumps he'll be ****ed, and he still does it.

PVS
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Anakin losing was gay? What did you expect, a victorious man to suddenly burst into flame?

laughing out loud

Jack O'Neil
Originally posted by exanda kane
Yes No Grevious. I know this is off topic but Episode 3 was by far the best of the PT and it only suffers from Grevious and the poor TPM and AOTC.
They needed Grievous in order for Dooku not to be killed (plan Sidious made was to place the blame on Grievous)

I would:
-Give the droids their voices from TPM and SBDs don't talk.
-Show more fighting between the Republic and CIS.
-Give Dooku a better fight scene (still in the same place) but make it a longer and better duel.
-Give Grievous a longer fight scene instead of a minute of lightsaber combat and ten minutes on running.
-Give Hay. acting lessons

Jack O'Neil
Originally posted by spencerspider
Anakin losing was gay everything else was ok I say they jump off the lava platform thing they were on together onto a cliff type thing. Anakin is near edge and they are going super fast again, and Anakin force pushes Obi-Wan and Anakin (has red lightsaber) goes for the kill and lets his guard down and,Obi Wan does some crap and stabs Anakin in the stomach or somewhere where he won't die, (Obi-Wan somehow stop force push) Anakin falls off cliff and burns, floats up to land where Sidious is and keep going bla bla
Why would Anakin have a red lightsaber when Luke has a blue one in ANH? Ben even says that was his father's lightsaber. And that scene was perfect it shows how blinded by the dark side Ani was.

spencerspider
well have him use a red one later on near end of fight and blue to start off with and obi get that one

bobcrickett
Meh, blue-on-blue was fine. I don't see how giving him a red lightsaber would have changed things. Besides, it would be barely distinguisable from the lava.

SS_181st_Snow
The blue vs. blue was kind of symbolic. And the duel was fine the way it was. The only thing I'd change is maybe, Obi misses Anakin and they continue the fight, with them locking sabers, and Obi saying some dialoug like "Why anakin why", and have it as it was originally going to be, Anakin fall into a pit of molten lava, instead of sliding to the edge of a bank.

bobcrickett
Falling into = dead, though. stick out tongue

I would have had him at least touch it, though.

Alliance
No...NO! Blue on Blue only. It shows: their equality, the premise of one jedi turning on another, and it looks good with the lava.

And I disagree. keep Grievous, just allow him to fight a bit more and be a general...and make him more wild, more agressive. Did you read the book? He punches his fist through a Neimodians skull. THAT is the Grievous that I want to see. It be good to get some more Magna gaurd action too.

I agree on the droid voices...they sounded horible, especially the SBDs.

And I thought killing off Dooku was fine the way it was. If Lucas was never going to go into his political talent in the films then he really is a minor character and was quite dispensible.

overlord
I agree, the Dooku showdown was damn good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.