-=- What Would You Do With 1 Billion Dollars? -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Probly buy a small country... Or start an Army and plan World Domination.

Ms Flower
buy a small tropical island and move there with 2 other people erm

Council#13
I dunno. Keep it? nah, there are too many things to list

BakaXero
billion written the ameriacn way of british way?

Koala MeatPie
The your own currency way.

Sir Mist
Come on here and make a thread about having a billion dollars. Then go shopping.

powerfulone1987
I would try and use it as a doorway into the entertainment business and act or sing.
I would buy all the Video Games, CD's, and DVD's, and everything else that I want.
And later buy a nice size house when I was ready to live on my own. I don't know if I would drop out of college or not.

is it comprehensible.....

BakaXero
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
The your own currency way.
what i meant was
US billion is written 1 000 000 000
Britush billion written 1 000 000 000 000
i wasn't asking currency.

Koala MeatPie
hundred
thousand
million
billion
trillion

Billion being billion.

BakaXero
what is billion to British would be said as Trillion to US.

Koala MeatPie
I get it, But what exactly are the different "groups" for the U.K.?

Like How does it go?

Hundred,
Thousand
Million
Something
Billion?

BakaXero
thousand million...

Koala MeatPie

Even the States are more metric then you guys :-p

BakaXero
im from Aus no expression

Wolflet
payback mist no expression

Sir Mist
A billion aint gonna cover it Im afraid no expression

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. A billion. A nice amount, but big time plans would burn it up pretty quickly.

Happy/content - plans - big house, tidy investments, continue uni/collage till I have all the doctorates I could ever want - live comfortably for the rest of my life, have enough to provide for my family - I probably wouldn't give up work, but with a sizable little nest egg it would allow greater flexibility.

or

Big Plans - turn that Billion into 100 Billion then double that again and again, strangle the oil industry and microsoft by offering better alternatives, in fact create a corporation that covers, dominates, monopolises various high profit industries and has its fingers in pies the world over. Maybe go into weapon R&D, keeping the best advancements for personal use of course.

Then mess up economies by flooding stockmarkets and so forth, in the chaos raise a mercenary army from all the underpaid soldiers of the world (a problem now, let alone in a time of economic crisee.) From there bribe my way to leadership or conquer various strategic nations, starting with Australia as it's nice and isolated, perfect for my seat of government. Then, using my corporation's/Empire's money, tech etc standardise the tech level of nations I control, promote liberal attitudes and intellect and raise living standards, in order make people want to be a part of what would hopefully be a pleasant little empire....

And from then, it would be a simple matter of assimilating the rest of the world. When it's all done I would then retire to a nice little estate in England, because I'm not greedy. Ahhhh.... A man can dream, can't he?

Mighty Yoda
million dollars hmmmmm

i would retire now and be lazy for the rest of my life

gamewarrior
Buy a plane and go to Hawaii.

Mighty Yoda
or maybe build a theme park in my village

DarkC
Build several more movie theatres in Calgary. There's only six.

And also get the most buffed up computer ever. big grin Couresy of MemoryExpress.

lil bitchiness
Put most of it in the bank and live off the interest.

I would give my money to the poor.
I'd also invest in rebuilding the destroyed 1, 600 year old Buddha statues by taliban, as a commemoration of the old ones.

Id invest in education around the world.

Then I shall dominate it evillaugh

Ms Flower
milla, your lovliness is why you would be one of the people I invite to my private island when I buy it. erm

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Ms Flower
milla, your lovliness is why you would be one of the people I invite to my private island when I buy it. erm

And your spirit and goodness is why i would be honoured to be invited.

pacmaniac
u guys are wierd... i would just spend it all: get a tropical island, build an economy there and create my own little perfect world, seperate from wars, create allegences with other small islands (possibly ms flower's) and then go on from there, i make an alegance with Japan, and can renome my island new Japan, and then expand the jkapanese way of thinking untill the whole world is striving for succes, just like those happy littl people in the orient.

Bloigen
1. Start gang of extreme criminals
2. Become boss of all crimes
3. Enlist the IRA and Kchezan Rebels
4. Become mercenarys (me and my army)
5. Buy satellite
6. Attach laser beam to satellite
4. Launch satelite
5. Break Scotland away from England
6. Buy some of russia
7. Give that to the Kchezan rebels.
8. Build a new exact copy of Ireland
8. Give to the IRA
9. Deposit remaining money in bank
10. Retire
11. Live off interest

Bloigen
Alteratively, I'll be good and,

Make myself 200 ft tall and be covered in platinum and be diamond encrusted.

Ken Kenobi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5382590#post5382590

lord krondor
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Put most of it in the bank and live off the interest.

I would give my money to the poor.
I'd also invest in rebuilding the destroyed 1, 600 year old Buddha statues by taliban, as a commemoration of the old ones.

Id invest in education around the world.

I would take what you have given to the poor so I could build upon my wealth. I would also invest heavily in destroying the new buddha statues you built because it would make me happy.

How much were you going to invest in world wide education? Your kind hearted donations would mean very little, and even if you were to just donate your money to an American state it wouldn't make much of a difference. But I guess you would sleep better at night.

stunna1773
i would throw a sexy party and then donate the rest to a orphanage maybe

Backbone
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Probly buy a small country... Or start an Army and plan World Domination. I'd buy a pie.. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.