Do you want to know when your natural death occurs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bierbommetje
Do you want to know the exact date and year your natural death occurs? So you can maybe do all the stuff you want to do within that time before it's too late, or maybe prepare for your death etc.?

How about if you would get cancer? Would you want to know how long you will have to live?

Personally, I don't think I want to know it in either cases. I want death to come as unexpected as possible. What about the rest of you?

PS: Sorry to start yet another thread on death, but this has been on my mind for quite some time.

Fire
I don't see why I wouldn't want to know

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bierbommetje
Do you want to know the exact date and year your natural death occurs? So you can maybe do all the stuff you want to do within that time before it's too late, or maybe prepare for your death etc.?

How about if you would get cancer? Would you want to know how long you will have to live?

Personally, I don't think I want to know it in either cases. I want death to come as unexpected as possible. What about the rest of you?

PS: Sorry to start yet another thread on death, but this has been on my mind for quite some time.
No I would not want to know.

That would kill the joy of life - i would be so depressed at the prospect that i know when my existance would sease to exist that i would probably not be able to enjoy it as much as i do every single second of my life.

So no - if i die tomorrow - then im dead, I got to experience and meet some great people in this life time.

Bierbommetje
Originally posted by Fire

Interesting. Is it for the reasons I stated, or something else?

Fire
cause then I can start to prioritize better, if I die tomorrow there are things I absolutely must do tonight, if not those things can wait.

debbiejo
NO

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
NO

laughing out loud Very emotional there.

No I wouldn't want to know the exact date for when I die.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Echuu
laughing out loud Very emotional there.

No I wouldn't want to know the exact date for when I die. this is my one stance of "ignorance is Bliss".... big grin

kmcdude
NO

Sorgo
"Can you imagine what it feels like to have someone sit you down and tell you that you're dying? The gravity of that, hmm? Then the clock's ticking for you. In a split second your awe is cracked open. You look at things differently - smell things differently. You savor everything be it a glass of water or a walk in the park. But most people have the luxury of not knowing when that clock's going to go off. And the irony of it is that that keeps them from really living their life. It keeps them drinking that glass of water but never really tasting it."

-Jigsaw: Saw II-

StrangeDays
no.

because it is not now.

and when it is now, it doesn't really matter cause I'm gonna die.
what can I do about that? nothing.
what benefit is this knowledge? nothing. I like to think I am already living like every second counts. Don't always achieve this, admittedly, but it is an ideal.

mailedbypostman
Maybe. But maybe not.

soleran30
Holy Hell yeah tell me! Heck can I expand on even death not caused by natural reasons? Cuz I would be a man of NO FEARsmile When you can limit the amount of risk ie....calculated risk then I am all about it, most descisions I make today and everyday are based on that calculated risk.

Imperial_Samura
Yes. I mean, everybody dies, at some point. The only question is when.

And I don't see why it would spoil life. I mean, it's not like finding out who's going to win the cricket/superbowl/world cup or whatever. We are all going to die. Everyone of us. It's nothing special. It depends on the when. And even if it were a surprise, well, unless there is an afterlife your dead and won't know, so it's a pretty bad surprise. And I think such information could be valuable.

I like to know when my classes end, or when I am going to finish up work for the day, so that I can better plan, and I'll look at life the same. If I knew I was going to die at 3:30 am on the 5th of December 2072, well, I'll take out loans that I don't have to pay back until the day after, I'll know the time I have to do what I want, what I need to do. I'll know what can be put of, and what can't be. Really death would be a surprise I could do without.

I think it would add flavour to life, a necessity, a drive towards a known, knowable and unavoidable destination, the only question then would be how you get there, the path you travel. The journey is the important part, the end is nothing.

debbiejo
I guess I'd like to know 30 secs. before it happens....Now I could handle that... big grin

eggmayo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Yes. I mean, everybody dies, at some point. The only question is when.

And I don't see why it would spoil life. I mean, it's not like finding out who's going to win the cricket/superbowl/world cup or whatever. We are all going to die. Everyone of us. It's nothing special. It depends on the when. And even if it were a surprise, well, unless there is an afterlife your dead and won't know, so it's a pretty bad surprise. And I think such information could be valuable.

I like to know when my classes end, or when I am going to finish up work for the day, so that I can better plan, and I'll look at life the same. If I knew I was going to die at 3:30 am on the 5th of December 2072, well, I'll take out loans that I don't have to pay back until the day after, I'll know the time I have to do what I want, what I need to do. I'll know what can be put of, and what can't be. Really death would be a surprise I could do without.

I think it would add flavour to life, a necessity, a drive towards a known, knowable and unavoidable destination, the only question then would be how you get there, the path you travel. The journey is the important part, the end is nothing.
You could go out and kill everyone you dont like a week before.

Imperial_Samura
True - though I would prefer to think of it as a justice purge, not so much people I don't like, but people who need to go...

mailedbypostman
Knowing death's date would cause me to lose my fear that death will take me by surprise. If I knew when, I would know what to do and when, like that guy said. I would be able to live life better.

The Overmaster
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
Knowing death's date would cause me to lose my fear that death will take me by surprise. If I knew when, I would know what to do and when, like that guy said. I would be able to live life better.

what he said.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sorgo
"Can you imagine what it feels like to have someone sit you down and tell you that you're dying? The gravity of that, hmm? Then the clock's ticking for you. In a split second your awe is cracked open. You look at things differently - smell things differently. You savor everything be it a glass of water or a walk in the park. But most people have the luxury of not knowing when that clock's going to go off. And the irony of it is that that keeps them from really living their life. It keeps them drinking that glass of water but never really tasting it."

-Jigsaw: Saw II-

Beautiful. Im in accordance with the Jigsaw, lol.

the.shape
Yes, I would like to know.

RagingSilent
No, I wouldn't want to know when I was going to die. If I were to find this out, then I could in no way enjoy my life, because I would be constantly thinking of my death, and dreading the day when it was to come. We all die, it is inevitable, so why shouldn't we just carry on with our lives happily, and take death as it comes to us?

T.V.O.T.I.

I wouldn't want to know. Not knowing when my end is coming reminds me that I should value and cherish the great people in my life. How ever long one's life is, it's still too short.

Eis
Definitley not.

Atlantis001

NyC-gUrL
No I wouldn't wanna know.

Imagine your 'death-date' being on the 29th of June, 2085. Believe me, you'd be shitting yourself on the 28th...

Atlantis001

NyC-gUrL
Yeah, but you don't know what happens after you die. It might be worse than having to work.

DanieLs_4_Ever

Id MOST Definately want to know! I mean, if I didnt and I just happened to croak unexpectedly then I wouldnt have any time to say goodbye to the ones I love! If I had a set/predicted prognosis then at least Id have enough time to give my goodbye's and I Love You's and be able to spend as much time with everyone as I can.

debbiejo

Atlantis001
Maybe..... eek!

But I feel at the time of release it would be very peaceful.

Yup... and finally we will be free of the problems that come from this human personality... I think, then we reincarnate again, and new problems appears... the beauty of life ! Death is like a some kind of vacation !

debbiejo
Then we get to play with souls here on earth, and make more confussion for them...........

DrDoom101
for those ppl who voted no u would want to know, it'd be depressing if you would die before you get a chance to do the things u love in life. If you were given notice, you could do it before that time. On the other hand, it would kill the joy of life.

dee_sonawane
yes i want to know

Dreampanther

No.

Quiero Mota
As opposed to unnatural?

DigiMark007
http://www.qwantz.com/archive/001096.html

So pertinent.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
As opposed to unnatural?

Yeah, like getting shot, or run over.

~Forever*Alone~
of course i would like to know. we are all going to die one day anyway, its better to know when so that i can get done the things i really want to do.

and also because soon im getting a lot of money and i want to at least get it before i die so that i can give it to my family, cause if i die they get nothing.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah, like getting shot, or run over.

My point: death is natural, period, regardless of cause.

Fëanor
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No I would not want to know.

That would kill the joy of life - i would be so depressed at the prospect that i know when my existance would sease to exist that i would probably not be able to enjoy it as much as i do every single second of my life.

So no - if i die tomorrow - then im dead, I got to experience and meet some great people in this life time. Exactly! Live each day as if it were your last and not care what happens tomorrow, within reason...of course.

KingTech
No I don't want to know when exactly I am going to die in either case.It would be curse for me and It will put breaks on my ambitions.

debbiejo
Yes and no.

leonheartmm
i do not like the idea of fate. predetermination. it wud also depend on whether there was an afterlife after death or not. if there was, then ofcourse, there isnt much to be feared from death. but if there wasnt, then itd be really really hard to deal with that kind of knowledge.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Fire

Kumar
I like the point made earlier about being able to prioritize better. I think that is something that isn't done as efficently as it could be. If i knew THE deadline of life, then i could prioritize far better than i do now.

Then again, that poses the question, if i knew when i was going to die, would i be able to avoid it? Would i be able to take measures to prevent it from happening?

shaynebmxxx
same here. knowing would take the randomness and excitement out of life when you know when its all going to end. So I must say, i would rather not know my time..

Cornlady

No, I do not want to know when I will die, natural causes or otherwise. However, if I was a sick and doctor came and said, "You have 6 months" to life, I will not actually take the doctor's word for it. No, I am not calling him/her a liar, but they do not know when you are going to die, they are only make a guess, base on your sickness.

However, let us say that the doc was right and I only had 6 months to life then I would do whatever I can do get my things taken care of.

Peace,
Amanda

shaynebmxxx
you guys keep saying stuff about getting stuff taken care of. what do you mean by this? like make the most out of everything, or do stuff or what?

Cornlady
Originally posted by shaynebmxxx
you guys keep saying stuff about getting stuff taken care of. what do you mean by this? like make the most out of everything, or do stuff or what?

Saying good bye to my family and telling them how much I love them and spend as much time as I can with them, but then again, I do spend as much time as I can with them, and as far as I know, I have nothing wrong with me.

Peace,
Amanda

shweta
YES I WUD LUV TO KNOW THAT CAN U PLZ TELL ME?????

superr
SCENE-allied field hospital WW2
British Officer to wounded Australian---You didnt come in here to die
Aussie--nah came in ere yisterdi

Jack Daniels
I have not read through all of this thread as of yet but to skip through and give my opinion....YES I want to know...if you want to die unexpectedly (IMO) then you you are either non religious or you are at peace with your deeds on earth and comfortable with judgment by whomever may judge your deeds and thoughts...I would like time myself to look back over things and maybe make amends? regardless of my avatar phrase saying Im innocent we all know none of us are....according the bible we will not know when the second coming is etc......those that do know there approx time I think are blessed....my grandparents had times to make ammends...my mother did not exactly her death was sudden and somewhat unexpected...so I speak from family type experience

Deja~vu
No, I would not want to know only because you would be counting down the days and it would make you anxious which would lead to depression.

Jack Daniels
yeah it definately would be depressing no doubt but still I would want to know....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.