Is it wrong to wear fur?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
I thought this would be a good subject for the GDF. I wouldn't wear fur myself (being a man for a start!) and the anti fur campaigns rightly show the barbarism connected to the fur industry but surely wearing leather is just as bad as wearing fur? Is it OK to wear fur if it's not from an endangered animal which has been humanely put to sleep?

Fire
when it's from a non endangered animal which has been put to sleep humanely I see nothing wrong with wearing fur. Yet that is seldomly the case.

I don't know that much about the leather production so I don't know why people don't complain about that as much as they do. But I assume that part of the reason is that furry creatures generally have a bigger appeal on people than leather creatures like cows and so on...

BobbyD
If you eat it, then fine. If you don't eat meat, and have furs, you're vain and hypocritical.

But yes, definitely no endangered animals, please. One ideas should be higher than that.

leonheartmm
its wrong to wear fur, period.

KharmaDog
I have no problem with people wearing fur or leather. So long as endangered animals are not used and as long as the animals suffered as little as possible.

I have no problem with people eating meat. Once again, so long as the animals were treated as humanely as possible before they ended up on my grill.

I have with people hunting or fishing. So long as they do it with the ethics recognized by most sportsmen.

I have no problem with people keeping animals as pets. So long as they are maintained with proper care and looked after.

Alpha Centauri
Does it not counter any previous point as to how they were treated if they're dead anyway? I've notice many people saying "If they were treated humanely it's ok".

They could live in the presidential suite of the New York Hilton and drink nothing but golden milk, doesn't change the fact that they will be killed for the sole purpose of you wearing or using their skin. Similar to eating.

They're gonna be killed and eaten. They're not gonna be forced to live with being beaten. It almost seems scary to think that people are saying it's not ok to beat animals but it's ok to treat them humanely, kill them and wear their skin.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm a high-rolling, ghetto-fabulous pimp, so it's imperative that I uphold my reputation by wearing albino tiger-fur hats and turtle-shell shin-pads with my crocodile skin boots and my ivory-reinforced buck-rabbit teeth.

Other than those accessories, I find the whole thing distasteful. Surely people can find an alternative to koala fur g-strings? Those rabbit feet that I see hanging from rear-view mirrors are so last year. Also, when I see people drinking from furry cups, I feel all messed-up...Some of the girls in my gaggle don't even wash those things! Ugh.

I'm thinking of wearing all lycra in the near furture.

Shakyamunison

Mindship
IMO, anytime human beings engage in the "I'm-human-so-I-can-do-whatever-the-fork-I-want-to-the-rest-of-the-world" mentality, it demeans us, as a species. One time, millennia ago, wearing furs was a practical way to keep warm. Now, it's done for vanity.

Is it morally wrong? Sure feels like it.

Jedi Priestess
Well then Im vain, because if I ever hit it big, Im getting a silver fox coat. Tried one on a long time ago and Ive never forgotten it. And it does get bloody cold where I live so Id wear it. Dont bother flaming me about ths either. At least Im honest about it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Well then Im vain, because if I ever hit it big, Im getting a silver fox coat. Tried one on a long time ago and Ive never forgotten it. And it does get bloody cold where I live so Id wear it. Dont bother flaming me about ths either. At least Im honest about it.

If you could get a synthetic silver fox coat that was just as good, would you?

Jedi Priestess
If it felt exactly the same....YES

Shakyamunison
If it felt exactly the same....YES

Lets say, yes. In that case would you be willing to pay the same amount of money?

debbiejo
Originally posted by BobbyD
If you eat it, then fine. If you don't eat meat, and have furs, you're vain and hypocritical.

But yes, definitely no endangered animals, please. One ideas should be higher than that. I have to agree.....I do love the feel of real fur, though I don't buy it......, I do own some moose covered shoes with lamb filling....., and leather things.... I am 80 percent veggie... smile

b-dan
Originally posted by Fire
when it's from a non endangered animal which has been put to sleep humanely I see nothing wrong with wearing fur. Yet that is seldomly the case.

I don't know that much about the leather production so I don't know why people don't complain about that as much as they do. But I assume that part of the reason is that furry creatures generally have a bigger appeal on people than leather creatures like cows and so on... ya that exacly the way i feal about it

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Lets say, yes. In that case would you be willing to pay the same amount of money?

oh HELL no schmoll

kmcdude
Originally posted by amity75
I thought this would be a good subject for the GDF. I wouldn't wear fur myself (being a man for a start!) and the anti fur campaigns rightly show the barbarism connected to the fur industry but surely wearing leather is just as bad as wearing fur? Is it OK to wear fur if it's not from an endangered animal which has been humanely put to sleep?

Dont know..................I wear what I want no expression

Shakyamunison
oh HELL no schmoll

Oh! well, that's the problem. cool

Kosta
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I have no problem with people wearing fur or leather. So long as endangered animals are not used and as long as the animals suffered as little as possible.

I have no problem with people eating meat. Once again, so long as the animals were treated as humanely as possible before they ended up on my grill.

I have with people hunting or fishing. So long as they do it with the ethics recognized by most sportsmen.

I have no problem with people keeping animals as pets. So long as they are maintained with proper care and looked after.

My thoughts exactly. yes

Alpha Centauri
I'll resurrect my previous question to anyone secure enough to answer:

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They could live in the presidential suite of the New York Hilton and drink nothing but golden milk, doesn't change the fact that they will be killed for the sole purpose of you wearing or using their skin. Similar to eating.

They're gonna be killed and eaten. They're not gonna be forced to live with being beaten. It almost seems scary to think that people are saying it's not ok to beat animals but it's ok to treat them humanely, kill them and wear their skin.

Nobody finds that hypocritical?

You've got two fur coats. One of the animals was beaten, abused and everything else, right? The other was treated with every bit of love, care and attention.

What difference does it make? They're now dead and skinned.

I saw a video of an animal getting skinned alive for fur, I tried to post it here but it wasn't suitable apparantly. I can guarantee more or less that anyone considering wearing fur would easily be turned away if they saw it.

If Ed Gein treated girls right and killed them swiftly, would it matter that he later made body suits of their genitals and skin then? Or would it only be wrong if they suffered? Because it seems that if the actions toward the subject are humane, then anything committed post-death is ok.

-AC

Tired Hiker
I have no problem with dolphins wearing bear skin. However, I don't like fur. I don't like leather that much either. Not cuz I'm some sort of spiritual guy or anything, believe me, I love my IN-N-OUT Burger Joints, but I also have no problem with the use of fossil fuels anymore as well. Feck it.

Eis

You've got two fur coats. One of the animals was beaten, abused and everything else, right? The other was treated with every bit of love, care and attention.

I saw a video of an animal getting skinned alive for fur, I tried to post it here but it wasn't suitable apparantly. I can guarantee more or less that anyone considering wearing fur would easily be turned away if they saw it.

If Ed Gein treated girls right and killed them swiftly, would it matter that he later made body suits of their genitals and skin then? Or would it only be wrong if they suffered? Because it seems that if the actions toward the subject are humane, then anything committed post-death is ok.

-AC
I guess you're right but the fact is, people continue making leather and fur clothing, and I would much rather all the animals they kill to make the clothes are killed as smoothly as possible instead of beaten up and skinned alive.

cruel jedi
im not really bothered about people wearing fur or leather. as long as the animals are not in pain when they die

KharmaDog

-AC

So you find it hard to grasp that people may choose to wear leather or fur, or choose to eat meat, yet they also would rather that animals don't suffer prior to the point of termination for such a purpose?

You can be humane and still wear leather and eat meat. It is possible. I used to live in the far north. I would hunt moose and caribou for meat. I did not shoot an animal unless I was sure it would be a clean kill and that it would suffer as little as possible.

And really, enough with the cannibalism and references to deviant behaviour such as acts perpetrated by Ed Gein.

FeceMan
It depends.

If you're wearing fur collected by poachers, you are supporting the poaching industry. This is wrong; nobody should be going after ostrich eggs.

If you're wearing fur from animals who were beaten and brutally killed ( like in AC's video), you are supporting that practice. This is wrong.

If you're wearing fur from animals who were treated well and humanely killed, you are supporting this industry. Though I think that the practice is...detestable--killing animals for vanity versus killing them for consumption--I don't think it is wrong, not in the way I find certain social issues to be wrong.

PVS
Does it not counter any previous point as to how they were treated if they're dead anyway? I've notice many people saying "If they were treated humanely it's ok".

-AC

supply and demand perhaps?

if you buy a fur which originated from a farm in which the animals were treated with cruelty, you promote their business and thus they torture more animals for more fur because of the added demand you created. if you buy from one which is not so cruel (i think its all barbarric and unnecessary, but for the sake of argument) then you promote their business and reduce the demand for the other.

and as for your last post, i dont see whats so diffucult to understand. just see things from the animal's perspective. you know you're going to live for a short time and then be killed, after which your skin will be used for...well doesnt matter. anyway, you're given a choice to either spend your time in existence in pain and suffering and then get skinned alive. or you can just live a short yet comfortable life and have your lights put out quick and painless.

are you saying you wouldnt care which would be your fate, because you're going to die anyway?

Alpha Centauri
So you find it hard to grasp that people may choose to wear leather or fur, or choose to eat meat, yet they also would rather that animals don't suffer prior to the point of termination for such a purpose?

You can be humane and still wear leather and eat meat. It is possible. I used to live in the far north. I would hunt moose and caribou for meat. I did not shoot an animal unless I was sure it would be a clean kill and that it would suffer as little as possible.

No, I don't find that hard to grasp. Let's go and look at the point that I made. That being: I have NO problem whether you wanna eat meat or not, wear leather or not. I was genuinely asking why people feel they the humane action is relevent when the end is that it ends up on the same plate anyway.

And really, enough with the cannibalism and references to deviant behaviour such as acts perpetrated by Ed Gein.

Why? It's an example. Unless it's giving you cancer that I'm unaware off, I'll do as I please.

PVS: No not by any means. As KharmaDog missed my point, it was me just asking out of curiousity.

I don't see the logic behind "It was treated right so I don't mind that it was skinned and I'm wearing it." Think about it, if you are into wearing the skins and fruits of other animals, how they are killed shouldn't really lead to any different consequence. Not saying you have to not care that the animal was mistreated, just that it doesn't matter in the end does it? They're both dead and skinned.

-AC

WickedTexasMomA
Nope I've got a deerskin boots and an Elk winter coat.If I kill it I will skin it and take all I can from the body.So I don't have a prob wearing fur as long as I didn't buy it.

PVS
im still not sure what your getting at.

are you saying i shouldnt be concerned with the manner (suffering or not) that it is killed? if so i strongly disagree.

but this is all a digression from my true belief: its just wrong
to kill many animals just so you can have a coat is...kinda evil i think.
its a waste of life. take chinchillas for example. it can take up and even over 100 chinchillas to make ONE COAT. 100 lives lost so some pampered b1tch can feel luxurious.

im not against the killing of animals, im against the waste of life.
i have a leather jacket and wear it with a clean conscious. the cow it
came from made several coats/shoes/whatever, and also was used to give us food, which is necessary. (and shut up vegans. some of us need to eat meat. if you want to be undernourished and look like pale pastey stick figures thats your gig, not mine) so, the jacket is a biproduct. if that leather was not in demand, the cow would have met the same end. so why waste it?

KharmaDog
No, I don't find that hard to grasp. Let's go and look at the point that I made. That being: I have NO problem whether you wanna eat meat or not, wear leather or not. I was genuinely asking why people feel they the humane action is relevent when the end is that it ends up on the same plate anyway.

Perhaps because one does not necessarily wish to torture an animal even though they plan to use it as a resource.

Why? It's an example. Unless it's giving you cancer that I'm unaware off, I'll do as I please.

No thanks, had cancer already and it sucked. As for your fascination with eating people or wearing their skin, they are examples that you have used in more than one thread. I don't know whether it's because you are going for the dramatics or because they are personal fetishes, either way their tiresome, and your "I'll do as I please" reasoning is quite mature.

PVS: No not by any means. As KharmaDog missed my point, it was me just asking out of curiousity.

and me giving you an answer.

I don't see the logic behind "It was treated right so I don't mind that it was skinned and I'm wearing it." Think about it, if you are into wearing the skins and fruits of other animals, how they are killed shouldn't really lead to any different consequence. Not saying you have to not care that the animal was mistreated, just that it doesn't matter in the end does it? They're both dead and skinned.
-AC

Well, it obviously matters to many people. Just because you use a resource does not mean you have to abuse that resource. Generally anyone who grew up around nature feels a connection to nature. You may use natures' resources, but the abuse of it is unpalatable.

Alpha Centauri
Firstly, not all vegans are pale, pasty stick figures that are undernourished. I know many vegans who are incredibly healthy and have more strength than any meat eaters I have ever known. That's a common myth that needs to be eradicated.

But yes, that is my point. If you make the conscious decision to wear the skin of another animal, concern of how it was treated is fine, of course. I just don't see why it would stop certain people wearing it. Being the best treated animal in a slaughter house is like being the richest person in the graveyard.

-AC

PVS
Firstly, not all vegans are pale, pasty stick figures that are undernourished. I know many vegans who are incredibly healthy and have more strength than any meat eaters I have ever known. That's a common myth that needs to be eradicated.

i go by what i witness

Alpha Centauri
Perhaps because one does not necessarily wish to torture an animal even though they plan to use it as a resource.

Yeah, and that's fine. I'm just asking why some people would cease the use of animal resources depending on death of the animal when death is the end result. Not saying anyone is wrong for doing anything.

No thanks, had cancer already and it sucked. As for your fascination with eating people or wearing their skin, they are examples that you have used in more than one thread. I don't know whether it's because you are going for the dramatics or because they are personal fetishes, either way their tiresome, and your "I'll do as I please" reasoning is quite mature.

Please, for the good of humanity, don't raise the dramatics argument again. It's seriously done and dusted. No, seriously it is. You are the one making it a huge enough deal to assume why I say things, when it's really unneeded. If you wanna discuss, yet again, how you believe my mannerisms to be, PM me. I've had enough of that BS to last me a lifetime. I'll not indulge your irrelevent needs any further with regards to this.

Well, it obviously matters to many people. Just because you use a resource does not mean you have to abuse that resource. Generally anyone who grew up around nature feels a connection to nature. You may use natures' resources, but the abuse of it is unpalatable.

Well there you go then, thanks for answering my question from your point of view.

Was the rest needed? No. Let's learn from this.

-AC

KharmaDog

Was the rest needed? No.
-AC

But it's oh so much fun.

Alpha Centauri
Fun to continually make pointless, false and overly serious claims? Boy, your birthday parties must be a blast.

(This too was meant in humour. Pop another chill pill before you reply).

-AC

KharmaDog
Fun to continually make pointless, false and overly serious claims? Boy, your birthday parties must be a blast.

(This too was meant in humour. Pop another chill pill before you reply).

-AC

Ever notice how often you have to stipulate when you are trying to be humourous? That either means that it wasn't meant to be funny in the first place, or that so much of your humour has offended others, or found to be not funny that now you feel the need to express when you are trying to be comedic.

Not a dig, just an observation, don't get your knickers in a twist.

(Chill pill popped actually it was a tic tac and now I have super fresh & minty breath)

Alpha Centauri
His hypocritcal need for attention aside,

Does anyone else want to answer my question as he was so kind enough to do so?

As it seems to be a misconception, I'm not calling anyone right or wrong here. Just asking a question.

-AC

KharmaDog
His hypocritcal need to attention aside,

AC

Now was that dig neccessary? Really? Where's the love alpha?

Alpha Centauri
Just let it go, for real.

So anyone want to actually speak relevently to the topic?

-AC

PVS
eat

Alpha Centauri
Fine, have to do everything myself.

PVS, if there are two identical fur coats (your choice to not wear fur aside), one was from a mistreated animal who was killed and skinned, the other was from a pampered animal, which would you wear and why would it make a difference?

-AC

PVS
Fine, have to do everything myself.

PVS, if there are two identical fur coats (your choice to not wear fur aside), one was from a mistreated animal who was killed and skinned, the other was from a pampered animal, which would you wear and why would it make a difference?

-AC

i would wear neither.

but you seemed to brush over my point of supply and demand, which is the core of my arguement. to support a company which tortures animals ensures the torture of more animals.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't intend to brush over it, I agree in many ways.

Just trying to get many opinions on it. All too often people agree with something without knowing why.

Personally I don't believe many people think as "deeply" on the issue as supply and demand. Which is why I'm curious as to how others share your view, and why.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I think people are more or less arguing at cross purposes at the moment.

The fact that animals are being killed seems to somewhat ridicule their being 'treated well' before being killed.

However, I think the other point here is that if they are going to be killed regardless, there is no point compounding any suffering.

Personally I like animals, for the most part at least, more than I like humans.

I'd rather wear a coat made of spoilt rich women.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

That actually made me laugh audibly.

Victor Von Doom
That actually made me laugh audibly.

The internet kids have a word for that now- Lol.

Lmao if there was some bodily harm during, and roflmao if you suffered additional seizure-type symptoms.

KharmaDog
The internet kids have a word for that now- Lol.

Lmao if there was some bodily harm during, and roflmao if you suffered additional seizure-type symptoms.

Thanx for the heads up you smart*ss.

PVS

clap

not to be a cheerleader, but i frikin love that.
should be a bumper sticker

Smoothcriminal
This is a funny subject.. some animals are jealous of the fine fur so they steal it and wear it themselves.

BackFire
Hippies and animal rights activists are against wearing fur, therefor, I'm for it.

FeceMan
I'd rather wear pants made of bee stings.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BackFire
Hippies and animal rights activists are against wearing fur, therefor, I'm for it.

So you're against things because people you dislike are for them?

-AC

FeceMan
So you're against things because people you dislike are for them?

-AC
That's what I got from it smile.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by FeceMan
I'd rather wear pants made of bee stings.

Size being a personal fit, wouldn't you be better suited to pants made of a bee sting?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Size being a personal fit, wouldn't you be better suited to pants made of a bee sting?
Save your 'wit' for the other thread.

If I were in your situation, however, I would certainly prefer to be the man with pants made of a single bee sting than the one who has a codpiece made of a single bee sting.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire

i hope to god you're just doing your best cartman impression.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
Cartman is pretty damn funny. Having his political views would make for interesting.

PVS
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

If I were in your situation, however, I would certainly prefer to be the man with pants made of a single bee sting than the one who has a codpiece made of a single bee sting.

you see what happened there krunk? that comeback was for you. it was just sitting there in the open like a ripe fruit just waiting to be plucked. it was GIFTWRAPPED and you blew it. no i mean, it doesnt get much easier than that :/

of coarse, i would have suggested a bee sting condom, but codpiece works fine

FeceMan
Yes, I'll aknowledge the immaturity of it. However, I'm in a jocular mood tonight.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Looks like you took your own initial advice, my fecal Fifi.

Sorgo
If I walk up to a Human, throw a net over him, throw him into a cage for a few months and then gas him with... Let's say... Argon and then skin him and start wearing his skin in the shape of a Coat-like essence, will I get in trouble for that? Yes.

But if I walk up to an Elk, Wolf, Chinchilla.... Whatever and then do what I did to the Human with a License to Fur trade and Fur expense, do I get in trouble for that? No.

Let's add the fact that Humans are Mammals.... Along with Elk, Wolf, Chinchilla, Foxes and Minks.

Apparently, it is coherently WRONG to kill a Human whether it be through Gas or killing live.... But doing that to an Animal with a License is so much more justified?

Some say Mammals should be killed because of their lack of intelligence compared to us humans.

Such f*cking arrogance, correct?

So... Something that eats, shits, pisses, feels pain, has sex and can have fun should be killed because they lack our intelligence level and because their fur "looks nice"?

Such f*cking Corruption, correct?

Some say they should be killed because all they do is "Run around a field their entire life" or because they "take up space and are useless".

You know, Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment...

Except for Humans.

Us highly intelligent and USEFUL humans move to an area, almost perpetually multiply and then consume every resource in the area until it is drained (Including the "stupid and useless" mammals.)

And the only way we can survive? Spread to a new area and consume it's Resources.

Us highly intelligent and useful Humans seem to retain a purpose on this earth as a Virus-like species utilizing Animals and every other thing in our way for our own selfish essence and need.

Mammals? They eat, sleep and run around trying to have fun.

Yet they deserve to die for our own selfish need and personal comfort whether it be painless or not?

Death is f*cking scary! For us and Animals! It doesn't matter if it is painless! These f*cking Animals are taken from their families and are in complete isolation for the remainder of their lifes and killed! Most of the time, it's not even painless! Has anyone else here shared my view of some of the videos of Animals being hung upside down and ripped open while still alive?

NOTHING deserves death. Painless or Pain-filled.

Especially towards humans who spend their life trying to find things to their need only and everything revolving around them.

It is selfish, arrogant, cowardice and crude to crush an Animals life so you can be warm and comfy, especially when their is major alternatives to being Warm and comfy, including Faux Fur, Cotton, Polyester or anything else that means you wont be wearing a dead Animals skin on your arrogant little back.

Lana
I won't wear real fur. I don't like the idea of animals being killed just so people can have pretty looking coats.

Faux fur looks and feels the same, is cheaper, doesn't need to be taken care of, won't smell if it gets wet....and nothing died to make it.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Lana
I won't wear real fur. I don't like the idea of animals being killed just so people can have pretty looking coats.

Faux fur looks and feels the same, is cheaper, doesn't need to be taken care of, won't smell if it gets wet....and nothing died to make it.

I just noticed that something was moving in your signature! stick out tongue

Lana
You're the second person to notice that laughing out loud stick out tongue

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS

Indeed I was!

Though, either way, I don't really care if people want to wear fur. None of my business/concern.

padmeXskywalker
fur is gross. ppl hu wear it are gross. if you wear fur you are a moose wannabe!!!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by amity75

A being dying in the name of ''fashion'' is wrong, from my standpoint.

KharmaDog

debbiejo
Like I said I love the feel of fur, but wouldn't just go out and buy it...If however, the meat was used then I wouldn't have a problem using the fur...I'd love to have a bear skin rug....

KharmaDog
Originally posted by padmeXskywalker
fur is gross. ppl hu wear it are gross. if you wear fur you are a moose wannabe!!!

Jackie....is that you?

FeceMan

That's only because you're a minx.

Kharma, thank you for taking the time to actually respond to the retard's post. I was going to do so, but more in a fashion of "You're an idiot, go away".

Lana
That's only because you're a minx.

Kharma, thank you for taking the time to actually respond to the retard's post. I was going to do so, but more in a fashion of "You're an idiot, go away".

I think you're a little confused.

Minx is a term for a flirtatious girl.

Mink is an animal that's fur is used for coats.

stick out tongue

FeceMan

stick out tongue
Son of a...

I cannot believe that I just did that.

*Bangs his head against the wall.*

Um...you're a MINKS.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Feceman

I was going to respond in that manner also, but I just had to put in my 2 cents...actually I gues it was more like my 25 cents.

stick out tongue

O.K. how about vixen?

Victor Von Doom
Shrew.

So many creature names or words have a quality attached.

Badger; colt; weasel; cat; dog; vulture; worm; mole; wasp.

There are others of course.

So, in conclusion, fur is bad.

KharmaDog
Shrew.

So many creature names or words have a quality attached.

Badger; colt; weasel; cat; dog; vulture; worm; mole; wasp.

There are others of course.

So, in conclusion, fur is bad.

Unfortuneatly, this post exemplifies a common pattern of knowledge expressed on KMC

debbiejo
Toy stores carry little kitties (toys) with real rabbit, cat, and other animals fur on them...It's kinda creepy...

It's freaked some kids out, and won't buy them.

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Toy stores carry little kitties (toys) with real rabbit, cat, and other animals fur on them...It's kinda creepy...

It's freaked some kids out, and won't buy them.
That is fairly creepy.

Sorgo

BackFire
Mmm, this talk about animals death makes me want to eat a big, juicy cheesburger with bacon on it.

RedAlertv2
...while sitting in some comfy leather furniture

Ushgarak
"And slaughtering an Animal is not? Humans are Mammals and most of the Animals used for fur or food happen to be Mammals. A Human cannot kill another Human, but they can kill a defenseless Animal that honestly never did anything to them?"

Yes, that's exactly it.

If you cannot wrap around your head the moral difference between killing an animal and killing a Human you have a serious mental defect. And it does not matter the tiniest, tiniest amount that they are mammals. That is entirely irrelevant. It is no more or less moral to kill, say, reptiles.

Personally, I reject the idea that animal exploitation is excusable on the grounds we treat them well before we kill them. Strikes me as very fuzzy logic. I think AC was saying a similar thing earlier- if we raise animals with the pure intent of slaughtering them to our needs, then any moral dimension has already gone out of the window; treating them nicely beforehand won't help.

It can only be excused at all on the grounds that animals are simply not consciously sentient in the way Humans are, and so killing them is not conceptually any different to, say, picking a flower. Which is in fact what I believe, and so therefore you can do whatever the heck you like with them.

There is a certain minimum standard when something gets associated with the right to life as Humans have it. Animals don't make the grade.

So fur, food... whatever you want.

Mr. Jabarus

Well aren't you just perfect smile

KharmaDog

Lana
Originally posted by Mr. Jabarus
Well aren't you just perfect smile

Nowhere did I say I was perfect, I'm far from and I'm aware of it. I just disagree with the idea of killing animals simply for their fur, just as I disagree with most animal testing, having done extensive research on the topic.

Sorgo

KharmaDog
Sorgo, we are never going to agree on some issues, that much is obvious.

I will only respond to you if you make a valid, intelligent point. I am willing to bet that that caveat all but ends our debate.

Sorgo
Sorgo, we are never going to agree on some issues, that much is obvious.

I will only respond to you if you make a valid, intelligent point. I am willing to bet that that caveat all but ends our debate.

You haven't made any intelligent points yet I remained to reply to your opinion.

And yes, it is obvious that we most likely will not agree and if we continue, it could probably get a bit nasty and I don't need another enemy on KMC.

Anyways, what part of the Great White North you from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.