All Time NBA Dream Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
who is on your all time NBA dream team? heres mine.

PG: Isiah Thomas/Pete Maravich
SG: Michael Jordan/Reggie Miller
C: Hakeem Olajuwon/Wilt Chamberlain
PF: Kevin Mchale/Charles Barkley
SF: Larry Bird/Mario Elie

Coach: Larry Brown

forumcrew
theres many NBA threads and even dream team ones and Hakeem? over shaq?

koolruningz
Hakeem had the most amazing post moves of any center i've ever seen, including Kareem. There has never been a center with a more deadly fadeaway than Hakeem, defensively he was alot more active than Shaq and had better timing on his shot blocks.
Shaq uses his size better than anyone else to ever play the game, but other than the dunk he doesnt really have a consistent scoring move outside 8 feet. Also free throws anyone?
I would take Hakeem over Shaq every time, he's just a better player on both ends.

Dr. Strangelove
I don't know. Now, I haven't really seen very many Hakeem games other than highlights. What I have seen was amazing, but Shaq in his prime was unstoppable.

Remember the 2001 finals? He made the defensive player of year, Mutombo, look like Wang Zhizhi on defense.

koolruningz
I know lots of people would take Shaq over Hakeem but i guess i'm one of the few who think Hakeem is the better player. He had so many ways to score, he mastered just about every post move you can imagine and even added a few new ones in his career. He's turnaround jumper was money up to 18 feet, thats is ridiculous for a 7 footer. He had flawless footwork on his post moves, i remember one move he did on David Robinson where he faked him about 3 ways in different directions, Robinson looked dizzy after that move.
Shaq is dominant and once he gets his position its lights out. But the way the game is called now he cant just barrel people out the way like he used to. So if you look at he's offensive arsenal outside of layups and dunks then hes weakness becomes apparent. He doesnt have a good touch around the basket and most of his shots from 8 feet out are bricks. Then we have to talk about his FT shooting, or maybe not because we all know the results.
Anyway my dream team would be:

PG - Magic / Stockton
SG - Jordan / Kobe stick out tongue
SF - Pippen / Bird
PF - KG / Duncan
C - Kareem / Hakeem

Myth
I think the thing is that Hakeem's peak didn't last as long as Shaq's. Hakeem of 94 was better than Shaq at any time but Hakeem lost form very quickly after that (obviously still not in 95 though either). Shaq was the man for about 6 years unlike Hakeem for just 2 (don't get me wrong again, he was still terrific for the rest of his career as well, I'm just talking peak).

PG - Oscar Robertson/Magic Johnson (honorable mention: Stockton
SG - MJ/Clyde Drexler (honorable mention: Reggie Miller)
SF - Bird/Pippen
PF - Duncan/Malone (honorable mention: KG & Barkley)
C - Wilt Chamberlain/Bill Russell (honorable mention: Dream & Shaq)

koolruningz
Whoa, i completely forgot about Oscar Robertson. The man was incredible, you could put him at any of the 1st 3 postions. I dont think anyone will ever average a triple double for a whole season like he did.

darth_royke
at their primes...

pg/ grant hill/magic
sg/ jordan/glyde
sf/ bird/dominique wilkens
pf/ doc J/ malone
c/ olajuwan/wilt

yeha i know grant hills a small forward.... but u see him back in his detroit days? he ran the ball nearly every play... if he hadnt got injured... orlando mite just be competeing the last few years for a title.

koolruningz
Hill could play the point no problem, when he came into the league he was heralded as the next Magic (just like any big PG that has similar skills). Im not sure how DrJ would fair at PF though, you could maybe swap him around with Bird. Larry played alot of PF in his days.

Dexx
man...how many dream team threads to you want?....closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.