The Beatles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

noelluvspotter
Write down what ever you want about The Beatles and if you have any questions post them and i will try to answer them as soon as i can.

Tell me what your favorite song is and tell me which one is your favorite beatle.

Fëanor
that would be John... and all their songs before the White album were great!!!

noelluvspotter
i love John Lennon he is most definitely my favorite Beatle as well and i love almost every song the have ever made.

Fëanor
yep..i agree. i actually prefered a lot of his songs after they had broken up.. Paul was too mainstream, or at least he thought he was.

silver_tears
Music Forum located here............ Link
But I'm pretty sure they have a Beatles thread already.

botankus
I think it's high time for a comeback tour with the Rolling Stones! It would be the Stone's 50th comeback tour combined with what's left of the Beatles on one stage only!

Fëanor
i'd pay to go see that... maybe Paul and Ringo can have Julian and Sean play with them you know...Julian on vocals and Sean on...castanets?

Bloigen
Best Beatle: John Lennon
Best Beatle Song: Eleanor Rigby
Best Lennon Song: Imagine

.Dance_Inside.
Best Beatle: Paul McCartney
And these are just a few of the beatles songs that I LOVE!!!

Something,Help!,While my guitar gently Weeps,With a little help from my friends,All you need is Love,Yesterday,I heard the news today,Black bird,Get Back,Let it be,Norweigen Wood,You've got to hide your love away,Ticket to ride,Come together,Across the universe,Hey Jude..

Best Paul McCartney song: Maybe I'm Amazed!

Snape>Dumbledor
*edit*

Susan-Storm
That is Not PG-13

Completly Unessecery

Snape>Dumbledor
*edit*

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by Snape>Dumbledor
That is Not PG-13

HAHA YOU SOUND LEIK A SOCCER MOM WHY DONT U GO BEAT OFF UR UNCURCUMSIZED NEPHEW YOU PERSON WHO IS JEWISH WHICH KMEANS YOU ARENT AS GOOD AS NON JEWISH PEOPLE

i am cathiloc ...Wait what!

Fëanor
Originally posted by Bloigen
Best Beatle: John Lennon
Best Beatle Song: Eleanor Rigby
Best Lennon Song: Imagine dude...i so agree with one and three, but best beatle song is...Can't bye me Love and a close second is The Long and Winding Road even if McCartney sang it.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Snape>Dumbledor
*edit*

If you don't have enough intelligence to string together a coherent sentence, get the hell out and don't let the door hit you on the ass.
Take that as a warning, stop posting obscene crap because I won't take it here smile

Have a nice day now wavey

botankus
Originally posted by silver_tears
get the hell out and don't let the door hit you on the ass.

My favorite version of this (from "Caught in a Mosh" by Anthrax):

"There's the door...your name's on the knob."

Susan-Storm
If you don't have enough intelligence to string together a coherent sentence, get the hell out and don't let the door hit you on the ass.
Take that as a warning, stop posting obscene crap because I won't take it here smile

Have a nice day now wavey
clapclapclap

Fëanor

Have a nice day now wavey eek! i soooo love a woman that knows how to cuh-rack that whip!!!! sweeeeet! eek!

Bloigen

justdecent
what do you think really broke them up
?????????

Fëanor
well it certainly wasn't Yoko... the clash of talents between John and Paul was becoming more evident as they progressed differently in musical styles...

noelluvspotter
^ Yoko Ono, and Paul, being his stupid lets hog all the fame and try to sue the Beatles kind of were the start of their break up well thats what i think.

noelluvspotter
bandlOVE THE BEATLES

Fëanor
Originally posted by noelluvspotter
^ Yoko Ono, and Paul, being his stupid lets hog all the fame and try to sue the Beatles kind of were the start of their break up well thats what i think. that's what the media would like people to think it.. but the reality of it is, is that both John and Paul were no longer seeing eye to eye on the types of music they wanted to produce...

bakerboy
I love the beatles. They are the best band ever, and my favourite one is Lennon. He is one of my idols. Alghouth i like paul, george and ringo too.

Best beatle: John Wiston Lennon

Best song: many to post. One of my favourites is "hey jude".

Reason for the end of the beatles: paul and john were in bad relationhip in the last years of the group, and yoko was too annoying and she tried to inluence in the band work, something that disliked to the rest of the group.

noelluvspotter
I love the Beatles so much
"A dream dreamed alone is only a dream but a dreamed together is reality."
John Lennon
"Life is what happens to you while you busy making other plans."
John Lennon
"I get by with a little help from my friends i get high with a little help from my friends."
The Beatles

peejayd

noelluvspotter
^ The Beatles are legends and legends live on forever but i also think its frustrating because you will never here them in concert together ever again you will never see them together ever again its just so hard to picture the fact that John and George my two favorite ones are dead but because they are both legends and legends never die they are still alive

Fëanor
Originally posted by peejayd

* what kind of music style did John and Paul like, respectively, to have a clash later in the end? for decades, John and Paul collaborated together with their compositions, the Lennon-McCartney tandem was a legend! they don't have to clash, why don't they just compose their own songs? the band don't have to break up just because John and Paul cannot work together, George and Ringo used to write their own songs, why can't they? well, it's too late for that now, but it's just really frustrating - no Beatles now... sad

Paul was heading more towards of a pop mainstream style music...whereas John wanted more of a message type songs. Plus John didn't feel it was necessary to please the corporate side of the music industry and felt that his music should please the fans as well as himself...it was never about the money or getting a number one hit. Paul on the other hand didn't think like John in that aspect. His goal, although he's never admitted nor denied it was that he wanted to make more hits songs that were accessable to not only the fans of the Beatles but to the up and coming teeny-bops as well...

noelluvspotter
I think that what ever it was lead to the or played a part in the death of John Lennon and that really just annoys me.

noelluvspotter
No one really Knows what broke them up it just happened and the best singer of that band John Lennon was shot because of the break up.

Nichole
I am not really that big a fan of them, but I do love the song 'So This Is Christmas' or whatever it's called, by John Lennon, and 'Yesterday' and 'Imagine' are also brilliant songs. I would say that John Lennon was my favourite. wink

noelluvspotter
^ I have to totally agree with you I also like all those songs and as you can tell I too love John Lennon.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by noelluvspotter
i love John Lennon he is most definitely my favorite Beatle as well and i love almost every song the have ever made.

Too hippy for me.jm laughing out loud

BobbyD

Fëanor
Originally posted by BobbyD
True....because Paul's stuff was getting more air time and $$$. which doesn't mean he was no less a good writer or musician or a sellout as some would say. i still preferred Lennon's stuff over McCartney's.

BobbyD

Fëanor
Indeed, for the most part. John, IMO, had the better voice though-no doubt. you my friend has just earned your star for the day.

if the movie based of Paul's wife Linda McCartney can be believed...it shows that John was the antagonist and not Paul for the break up. I wouldn't recommend that movie btw...really bad.

BobbyD

Fëanor
I know my Beatles history, and my opinions of the band and members probably don't differ too much from what most people think of these aspects.

But, can I get a cookie instead? only if you can answer who was the better drummer. Ringo or Best?

BobbyD

BobbyD
ps Iced, oatmeal raisin, thank you.

Fëanor
hahahaha...so true. but why is he known as the 5th Beatle when it was Ringo.

*gives cookie - oatmeal raisin*

just like my momma makes 'em big grin

quick!! who were the Beatles most influenced by?

BobbyD

Fëanor
Hmmm...might have me here. Good thing I've eaten the cookie already. *takes swig of milk*

Elvis? Allen Williams? shock you really do know your Beatles.

bakerboy
Pete best was the best drumer , but ringo was maybe more a fine guy and with more experience.

Most influentied for the beatles?They loved people like elvis or buddy holly.

bakerboy
Also, im glad to see a thread about my favourite group and the most important group on music history.

And i also prefer Lennon stuff than Macartney's. Paul was great, but John Is John, the musical poet in person.

Fëanor
Originally posted by bakerboy
Also, im glad to see a thread about my favourite group and the most important group on music history.

And i also prefer Lennon stuff than Macartney's. Paul was great, but John Is John, the musical poet in person. now that's what i'm talkin' bout. John was/is a musical poet.

Tempest
i likd ringo

Fëanor
Originally posted by Tempest
i likd ringo hey babeh...thought you went to bed?

Tempest

Revan Souer
i likd ringo Isnt ringo the one how did the voice on Thomas the tankengine, if so I hate him more than I hate Paul the veggy wamker.

Lennon was cool though

Tempest
Originally posted by Revan Souer
Isnt ringo the one how did the voice on Thomas the tankengine, if so I hate him more than I hate Paul the veggy wamker.

Lennon was cool though

yuppaz itz him

ADarksideJedi
I hate the beatles with a passion!jmyucky

Revan Souer
yuppaz itz him Then I shall smite him with my Ugly-stick.................oh wait I think someone beat me to it.

BobbyD
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

Sadly, to each their own.

Punkyhermy
i HEART the beatles.

oh.

so.

much.

Mr Parker
favorite Beatle would be John Lennon,favorite song? I want to hold your hand.Beatles rule as best band ever. Happy Dance

Mr Parker

some people just lack taste.your loss.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Mr Parker
some people just lack taste.your loss.

laughing out loud

Ha! Wow. Harsh, but you may have something there. stick out tongue

bakerboy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
favorite Beatle would be John Lennon,favorite song? I want to hold your hand.Beatles rule as best band ever. Happy Dance

Totally agree, except maybe about i want to hold your hand. But i love that song too, in fact, i love all the beatles songs.

bakerboy

And i hate the bad taste.

noelluvspotter
I love all you People that like the Beatles. I thought I was crazy everyone tells me that i should get over them because there dead plus everyone thinks i am obsessed but hay i love them. Go see the movie the us vs John Lennon its a good movie. It is totally amazing if you like John Lennon more then the rest or if you understand him more then you should go see it.

bakerboy
Personal , thats is my case. I preffer John Lennon more than the rest and i understand him more than the rest because i have a similar way of thinking and behaving than John.

noelluvspotter
Come on people write something amazing about The Beatles you know you want to so do it OK it will make me so much happier. Look I will write the Beatles are amazing. See it is so easy now its your turn.

bakerboy
Most important and influent group in music history. They did break many and many rules and open the way for many groups and musical artists.

And , a great phrase by John Winston Lennon:

"Life if what happens to you when you are busy making other plans".

Jim Colyer
John Lennon was the heart and soul of The Beatles. He was the one who wanted to be Elvis. When it was over, he said the only good thing about The Beatles was being bigger than Elvis. John Lennon met Paul McCartney in their hometown of Liverpool, England in 1957. They had something in common. Both were mesmerized by American rock & roll. John covered Chuck Berry. Paul sang Little Richard. A bond formed. They wrote together. George Harrison joined them on lead guitar. George was a student of Carl Perkins and rockabilly. Ringo Starr came last on drums. The Beatles' personalities were such that they fit together to make a whole. John was the brooding intellectual, always questioning himself and others. His wit was razorlike. Paul was politically correct. He was the cute one who wanted to please. George was spiritual and introverted. Ringo was a comedian who got along with everyone. In the beginning, The Beatles dressed alike and looked alike. It was hard to tell them apart. They were regulars at a club in Liverpool called the Cavern. The Cavern is where they were approached by Brian Epstein. Brian became their manager. He got them to London and to George Martin. Martin became their producer. If there was a 5th Beatle, he was it. The Beatles released Love Me Do in October, 1962. Beatlemania ensued. Songs like From Me To You, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, I Saw Her Standing There & Please Please Me drove girls berserk at concerts. The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show as Elvis had done. It was pandemonium. People went wild. The Beatles were chased by fans and the press everywhere they went. Records were released on 5 different labels. Albums were solid. Every song was good, You Can't Do That and I Should Have Known Better. The Beatles made a movie called A Hard Day's Night which portrayed something of what Beatlemania was. Teenage girls screamed in movie theaters to the point that the dialogue was inaudible. It was The Beatles' look. It was long hair. It was their sound. The Beatles annihilated everyone in music except Elvis. Even he reeled. It took him awhile to recover.

After 1964, things cooled. The one constant was the music. The Beatles made great records. They recorded Ticket To Ride which John Lennon called the first heavy metal song. They did a second movie, Help! It was a bit silly with its James Bond parody. Being in color took away. A Hard Days Night was in black & white. The Beatles invented the concept album with Rubber Soul. It made rock music an art form. Revolver was released the following year. These were tough times in the United States. The Vietnam War and race riots were out of control. The Beatles were threatened by the Ku Klux Klan. The touring ended, and they retired to the studio. John Lennon's songs remained the best on Beatle albums but they became morbid in a way which is hard to explain. The idea of death pervaded song after song, even the image of being killed by a gun.

In My Life - Some are dead and some are living
Run For Your Life - I'd rather see you dead
Girl - Will she still believe it when he's dead
We Can Work It Out - Life is very short
Rain - They might as well be dead
Tomorrow Never Knows - Ignorance and hate mourn the dead, It is not dying
She Said She Said - I know what it's like to be dead

The trend continued through Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Let It Be and Abbey Road.

Good Morning Good Morning - Nothing to do to save his life
A Day In The Life - He blew his mind out in a car
I Am The Walrus - Dripping from a dead dog's eye, See how they run like pigs from a gun
Yer Blues - Wanna die...If I ain't dead already...Feel so suicidal
Happiness Is A Warm Gun - Bang bang shoot shoot, My finger on your trigger
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill - What did you kill...Bullet-headed...If to kill was not a sin
Glass Onion - See how the other half live
Revolution #9 - Turn me on, dead man
The Ballad of John & Yoko - They're gonna crucify me...Oh boy, when you're dead
Come Together - Shoot me

In the Rolling Stone interview after the breakup, Lennon was distracted, incoherent. He rejected his Beatle years and never embraced them again. When he did Double Fantasy, he said he did not want to be thought of as a Beatle but as John Lennon whose life was changed by American rock & roll. The theme of death extended into his solo work.

Instant Karma - Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
Cold Turkey - I wish I was dead, Can't see no future
My Mummy's Dead - Title
Working Class Hero - Smile as you kill
Imagine - Nothing to kill or die for
How Do You Sleep? - When they said you was dead
I Don't Want To Be A Soldier - I don't wanna die
John Sinclair - Shooting gooks in Vietnam
Angela - They shot down your man
The Luck of the Irish - Wish you were dead...Death and the glory
We're All Water - If we check their coffins
Sunday Bloody Sunday - When they shot the people...When they nailed the coffin lids
Born In Prison - Die in prison
Attica State - The prisoners did not kill...Watch them die
Woman Is The ****** Of The World - We kill her will
Intuition - It seemed like suicide
Scared - I just wanna stay alive...Gonna be the death of me
Old Dirt Road - Breezing thru the deadwood
Whatever Gets You Through The Night - A gun to blow your mind.

It was as if John Lennon had a premonition of his death. He was shot and killed in New York City by a deranged fan named Mark David Chapman in December, 1980. He had turned 40 on October 9. Lennon once made the remark that he did not want to work in a factory because he would be dead by 40. There is irony, too, in the hoax about Paul McCartney being dead. The hoax has never been explained. No one has claimed responsibilty for the clues which popped up in the music as well as on album covers. John Lennon admitted he wanted out of The Beatles as early as 1966 but was afraid to leave the group. Indeed, he used his discontent to craft classic Beatle tunes like Revolution and The Ballad of John & Yoko. It was Lennon, the cutting edge. He broke down the English language and reformed it with nonsense lyrics like those of I Am The Walrus & Come Together. Lennon's songs are superior to McCartney's even if McCartney fans maintain otherwise. In My Life is better than Yesterday. Someone called Lennon a diarist and McCartney a dramatist. It is accurate. Ego was at the center of Lennon's work. Even during the peace movement, he acted as if he invented peace. McCartney created characters as in Eleanor Rigby and Penny Lane.

When Lennon brought Yoko into the studio, it drove a wedge between him and McCartney. Yoko had no talent. Nor did McCartney's wife, Linda, who accompanied her husband on stage with Wings. It was up to ABBA from Sweden, a country known for sexual equality, to produce a group in which men and women could thrive together. As The Beatles were breaking down, they left a niche for the band which would take rock & roll to its next level. Elvis Presley may never have heard of ABBA. The Beatles evolved into them.

Jim Colyer

Kid Kurdy
It's a nice summary you write there, but you made one mistake : John wasn't the heart and soul of the Beatles.

It was John & Paul. Paul was just as important to the Beatles as John.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
It's a nice summary you write there, but you made one mistake : John wasn't the heart and soul of the Beatles.

It was John & Paul. Paul was just as important to the Beatles as John.

Correct. And, more so in the latter years; just as it was John who was more important to the band in the earlier years.

bakerboy
Great summary, jim.

John is my favourite beatles and my idol. I would say that he was the sould and the heart of the grupo in the early years, but with the time, and the natural lazyness by john, paul becomed the sould and the heart of the group. But surely, the lennon-macartney team is the key of the group. But George's contribution in the last years was very important too.

Jim Colyer
The Beatles broke up because their decade passed. They were perfect for the 60s but not the 70s. A million different things broke them up.

jaden101
you really do get everywhere jim dont you?

i dont really like your rants on cinephiliacs...and even less so here

bakerboy
Originally posted by jaden101
you really do get everywhere jim dont you?

i dont really like your rants on cinephiliacs...and even less so here

What is exactly your problem, dude?

And i think that the beatles could be perfect for the 70s too, they were some kind of chameleons and they adapted perfectly to the new times, only see their different stages in their musical careers. See John or george or paul in the 70s in their solo careers. They did break because they were tired of being a group and being the beatles and didnt fell the same group dinamyc.

radikal
George!!! not many give him credit, maybe I just go for the underdog...but his songs captivate me...While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here comes the sun, Something, Within you without you...the only one so far to acknowledge him is bakerboy! =)

Mywi

noelluvspotter
So Paul McCartney's Ex wife is doing dancing with the stars even though she has no leg well she does but it's fake. So I really can't stand her. How could Paul marry someone who's favorite band is ACDC when he was a member of the best band ever. That of course being THE BEATLES. So what the Hell what a Bi*ch for marring him then taking his money.

noelluvspotter
New Paul McCartney Album comes out today 6/5/06 the one he signed with Starbucks, It's an amzing Album. If you at all like Paul McCartney I thing you should buy it. Oh Plus did you hear about the new movie coming out about all the Beatles Charaters its called Across the Universe.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Beattles had some great music back in the day.

BobbyD
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Beattles had some great music back in the day.

Their music is still considered great today. smile

Jim Colyer
Why has the "Paul is dead" hoax never been explained?

Beatles http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=61

dsilva
I love the Beatles. always have, always will. there music always seems to cheer me up. My fav. Beatle is Paul McCartney, he was so adoreable when he was younger. cool My fav Beatle song is..... now thats a toughie, i have so many.
Let it be
Polythene Pam
I Am the Walrus
I Saw Her Standing There
Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey
Hey Jude
Cant Buy me Love
Helter Skelter
She's a Woman big grin
http://images.share27.com/285-the_beatles.jpg

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by dsilva
I love the Beatles. always have, always will. there music always seems to cheer me up. My fav. Beatle is Paul McCartney, he was so adoreable when he was younger. cool My fav Beatle song is..... now thats a toughie, i have so many.
Let it be
Polythene Pam
I Am the Walrus
I Saw Her Standing There
Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey
Hey Jude
Cant Buy me Love
Helter Skelter
She's a Woman big grin
http://images.share27.com/285-the_beatles.jpg

Let it be is my all time fave song. What about yelllow submarine, that is another jam by the Beattles.

Geek.mike
Hey Jude, and Lucy in The Sky With Dimonds are excelltent

crusher310
It's strange, I'm not crazy about their music (with the exception of the White Album), but I love George's, Ringo's, and John's solo work!

Anyway, Helter Skelter and George are my faves.

tkitna
I'm a huge Beatle freak and they really didnt make a bad song in my opinion (excluding Revolution #9).

I'm a Macca fanboy although I own all of their solo stuff.

noelluvspotter
Hey all you Beatles fans did you here of the movie thats out in some theaters across the US. It's called Across the Universe I am so excited, the only thing that scares me is that it seems to be very simular to Sgt. Peppers Lonely heart club band, and as much as I love anything related to the beatles I was not a big fan of Sgt. Peppers, the movie not the album love the album. So go see the movie it's called across the universe.

Mairuzu
I want to see Across the universe!

noelluvspotter
Across The Universe Is fantastic

bakerboy
I will see this movie. I would to see this movie. Man, a musical with the beatles songs. Fantastic.

noelluvspotter
Its just that fantastic I loved it, truly the best movie ever.

noelluvspotter
Remember that horrible movie they wanted to produce about Mark Chapman called Chapter 27 well its back and it is coming to theaters. Plus if that not enough there is another movie coming out about Mark Chapman Called The Killing of John Lennon. So for all of you John Lennon fans this is what you have to look forward to.

primavera11
I adore Beatles! There are quite a lot of songs which are my favourite but most of all i like Michelle, Yellow Submarine, Let it be, Hard Day's Night. I like all of them, but J Lennon and Paul McCartney most of all)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.