Name Corny and Non-Corny parts in Batman&Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Silverstein
name all the corny parts, and non corny parts i batman and robin, try and be specific!

non corny:ending - batman gives mr freeze a chance to redeem himself
corny: bat mastercard
corny: robin complaing a lot

NoFate007
corny: 90% of the dialogue
non-corny: how Robin had the stuff over his lips to protect him

FistOfThe North
Definetely Corney:

The Bat Platinum card

Definetely, not corny:

End of Batman '89, Batman darkly standing on the edge of a roof-top at night with the Bat-sign in the clouds and his cape waving in semi-slow motion along with the truly victorious Batman song. I don't even think "Batman Begins" had a better part than that.

NoFate007
Batman Begins has the Joker card though

Silverstein
The Joker card cannot be ever ever ever be compared to a credit card. The Joker card is a symbol.

NoFate007
No no don't get me wrong, I didn't say that the Joker card was bad, I thought it was great. I was comparing that to the end of Batman '89, how both had awesome shots.

The credit card was absolutely, without a doubt, beyond ridiculous. Corny dialogue is one thing but campy shit like that was what makes people despise the movie. Schumacher seriously should be pressed to death for that one.

Silverstein
Originally posted by NoFate007
No no don't get me wrong, I didn't say that the Joker card was bad, I thought it was great. I was comparing that to the end of Batman '89, how both had awesome shots.

The credit card was absolutely, without a doubt, beyond ridiculous. Corny dialogue is one thing but campy shit like that was what makes people despise the movie. Schumacher seriously should be pressed to death for that one.

-okay. The Joker cliffhanger off BB was the most amazing

ya, batman and robin was horrible. I dont think there was a single thing that made it good...you gotta admit, george clooneys bat suit is practically like keatons batsuit. except its more rubbery, hs rubber nipples, differnet utility belt.

Doc Ock
Corny parts-The whole movie
Non corny parts-When the end credits rolled

WindDancer
Actually, the entire scene in which Batman and Robin are bidding for Poison Ivy is extremely corny and a utterly disrespect for the character. WTF? Batman bidding millions? Joel must have been drunk or on crack.

NoFate007
The only part that was acceptable there was how Grayson says "I'll borrow it off of you". That was an ok joke, but the majority of that film is too retarded to mention.

bakerboy
Corny, everthing.

Non corny, anything.

OB1-adobe
I like this thread.
Good one Silver

Corny-(Where do I begin)

The butt shots
Bad lines "I was just hanging around" "your about to become compost"
Alfred's brother being named Wilfred
Air surfing on a door????
The Music
The whole idea of trying rip off Adam west's show
Neon lights on everything
Bat Girl
Puns "cool party" "good stems though, buds too"
Mcgregor syndrome
Bane
The lab where bane was created
That dumb old lady in the glasses "Batman & Robin protect us."
Last but not least the sheer disrespect towards the charcter of batman and his supporting cast.

Not Corny-

The costumes (I don't think the nipples are a big deal, I lke Robin's a lot)
I actually liked arnold in the movie "I hate when people talk during da movie"

FistOfThe North
Corney:
Batman Returns:
Keaton/Wayne beat-scratching BatCD in his bat-turn table attempting to mess the Penguin's speech up.

Non-Corny:
Batman '89:
BatJet rising high above the clouds over Gotham and pausing in front of the Full moon, making the perfect Bat sign, and the noise the dive made afterwards. Sounded like warplane engines diving aerially.

apoc001
lets see...

Corny:
Three villains, each with half a storyline
The bad puns
That stupid airsurfing scene that defies all physics
The storylines crazy and unstable
Bane has no reason to join Ivy and Freeze
Batgirl
Mastercard
Everything's colourful and zany
It doesn't show Batman as dark, mysterious, or a detective
Every single character's personality is unrealistic

Non-corny:
Freeze's prison
There was an end to it

Silverstein
yeah, Bane was just a huge mindless zombie. I forget but did he even fight batman?

weird: robins suit had a rubber looking body but leather arm-sleeves...or was that his gloves? nevermind

jenzie
the ice skates
alfred and freeze's wife having the same condition
there was another one, but i can't remember it

Etrigan
Originally posted by Silverstein
yeah, Bane was just a huge mindless zombie. I forget but did he even fight batman?

Yes, but it wasn't much of a fight. This is basically it:

Batman and Robin are looking for Poison Ivy. Batman says "No beauty." Then Bane appears, and Robin says "just the beast!" (note: I cringed there.)
Robin attacks Bane. Bane catches his punches and tosses him down some stairs. While Robin gets chatted up by Ivy, Batman goes up against Bane and despite doing better than Robin, still gets chucked flying.
Ivy chats up Batman instead, and there's some more corny stuff. Meanwhile, it's Robin vs Bane round two. Robin gets strangled by Bane for a bit, then knocked out. Batman gets attcked by Bane, and hits him over the head with an iron bar. This knocks Bane out, and that's about the only fighting you see between Bats and Bane.

It sucked.

pmike
lol,most corny thing in B&R;
freeze forcing his henchmen 2 sing along to the mr snow theme tune,i woz thinkin yer like any thug would join someone who forces them to sing 2 children programs

Darth Zannah
Joel Shcumacher should have been beaten to death for creating this horrible piece of shit.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by pmike
lol,most corny thing in B&R;
freeze forcing his henchmen 2 sing along to the mr snow theme tune,i woz thinkin yer like any thug would join someone who forces them to sing 2 children programs

Crap like that was lifted directly off the influence of the TV show. Plus them having stupid names like Frosty.

Jokerinthedeck
Corney: Jack Nicholson as the Joker in '89
He couldn't get the laugh right until the very end, then he died. TEN FREAKING SECONDS LATER!

Not corney: Danny Devitto as the Penguin in Batman Returns
The right size, Voice and skill to do the Penguin justice.

cletusbrock
o.k corney
1 in batman
only thing i can REALY moan about is joker dying and his back story(we should never know it)
2 in returns
rather strange begging to catwoman
sorry but the penguins wanderin about with missiles
3 in piece-o-cak 1(refuse to give either of the following too any credit)
way too much to mention but who the hell cast val kilmer is my main bug with it(jim gave this garbage a "i can watch it and not chew on my own entrails" saving grace but still!!0
and lastly o lord its easier to say this george clooney cud have bin a good person to play bats if it had just not bin in this traversty(and there my entrails go)

chucktaylor
Everything was actually corny, except for...let me see...

Oh yeah, when I left the cinema!

That movie was a great insult to the Batman franchise. Do I hear an amen?

Jade Chihuahua
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Everything was actually corny, except for...let me see...

Oh yeah, when I left the cinema!

That movie was a great insult to the Batman franchise. Do I hear an amen?
Testify!!!!!

Jade Chihuahua
Banes crappy character, the Bat-mastercard, and the origin of Batgirl. She just lands in the cave and her uncle not just consents, but designs a costume for her to fight crime and risk her life in!!!!! WTF is that?

Jokerinthedeck
I have to complain about Bane aswell. I mean, they just grab some convict, and pump him full of steroids. WTF?! Even the cartoon virsion is better! (He has a Spanish accent.)

That movie just freaking killed the reputation of Batman!
rifle batman

peejay88
Pretty much all thats been mentioned is corny about the film. I thought the 'cancelling the pizza' line at the beggining was corny, the terrible physics (Mr freeze grabs a vine and somehow propels himself across the room, Robin more or less flies in the museum after just using a hockey stick to hop forward, Mr freeze's gun sorta dangles on a pillar or something in the museum and then he throws a fully overgrown man up and knocks it down, door surfing in the sky) and when Robin drives his redbird Bike through the wall of the museum it leaves a perfect Robin logo behind!! And how can a car fly across a gap and not a motobike??? in the bit where Batman cuts out Robins Bike controls (just to have a corny storyline in which Robin has problems with Batmans authority

Non-Corny
Erm???

Silverstein
CORNY: when Mr Freeze makes his henchmen sing songs
-AND when Poison Ivy throws Gushers(fruit filled candy)...which is supposed to be seeds to grow huge plants/flowers
-Bane can only say his name..."BAAAANNNEEE"

Knightfall93
THE WHOLE MOVIE WAS CORNY SHIT!!!! JOel Schumacher is an utter RETARDED GIMP!! The whole weird party where they see Ivy: corny BS. The mastercards: I'm not even gonna go into what I thought of that. Mr Freeze and his reatrded singing (as in they song along to Mr Snow) gimp slaves. errr... they completely got 2 characters wrong: Batgirl is Commisioner Gordon's daughter and isn't a f**king cow- plus she's ginger/ brown in comics and not that fit! Oh, Bane's a genius, CAN SPEAK, wouldn't be Ivy's SLAVE but would pulverize her and... oh yeah, he gets his Venom supply cut in Knightfalll but that just puts him off full power, doesn't kill the bastard! Then they ripped off:
Mr Freeze(since when has he been a soft, singing Arnie????)
Poison Ivy(she has corny lines and a shit origin).
Batman(he is pro, why would he parade around with what I like to call "retardi-cards" and BID for Ivy!!!!)
Robin(he's more Nightwing but with short hair. He's a corny, homesexual brat! And he's as public obsessed as Bats)
Gordon: He isn't a fat, bumbling buffoon. Nuff said?
Alfred(whose this bro and what kinda name is Wilfred? Who is that Peg *****?)
FILM CORNY BITS:
How can they air- surf on DOORS!?
Why is veryone so campety gay but un- funny!?
Is Joel Schumacher gay or did he try (and fail) to copy the old '60s calssic?
Why'd WB and DC let him back after Forever!? I admit it wasnt so bad but it WAS FREAKIN' BAD!!!!

Knightfall93
Did I go too lightly? Oh well... this is a poem I made for you, Joel, you mother f**king arsehole!!!

Joel Schumacher, Joel Schumacher,
He's an utter w**ker,
He called it Batman and Robin,
He's a lyin'... errr... noggin,
For when I when I saw it,
I thought it was a load of BULL SHIT,
Bats and Bobs were like gai lovers,
When I thought they were meant to act like BROTHERS,
Have you ever seen such crap in your life?
Every night I now wait for Joel... with my sharp old KNIFE!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.