The Official Trigun thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
this girl i know is obssesed with this trigun thing is it any good?

Kitoky
Trigun is pretty good, the moral is strange but good.

nitecrwlersbabe
TRIGUN it's the best me love me love

dragonpisces272
yes the morals are pretty weird but fun to watch. I even got a sig of it here (if you want it, tell me):

Trinity_Matrix
Trigun's hilarious, I love it yes

BOPRecruit 16
that's a tight siggy! cool i've never read the manga version and am dying to find it in stores or borrow it from my pals. eek! the anime is a total laugh riot with vash being the loveable dork that we love. laughing

dragonpisces272
yea it was really weird. I was shopping for new anime DVD's and didnt know what to buy. Until I passed by a row and saw this shiny (oooh, ahhh ) DVD. I mean, the cover was shiny. I tried looking at the other ones and check them out but I just couldn't take my eye off of it. So I just bought it big grin. I found out triguns real quality and lives up to its shiny cover smile

BOPRecruit 16
what does the cover of the first volume of the trigun manga, in english look like? my friend has it...lucky bastard...laughing jk! it's so darn impossible to find! same with kenshin!

dragonpisces272
Hey I wanted that too!! I still havent found it either...who has it?

Lord Ryugen
Trigun is one of the coolest animes I've seen in a while. VASH THE STAMPEDO!!!! EVERYONE LOVE AND PEACE!!!!!

nitecrwlersbabe
love and peace love and peace
vash is the funnest knives the koolest and wolfwood the hottest
me love

TrAnCeDuO
who here loves kuro-neko-sama!?

dragonpisces272
hehe he's okay

TrAnCeDuO
hes so cute...^o^ i named my new kitten after him!

el_barto
this is a realy cool anime big grin

BOPRecruit 16
i'm borrowing the first volume of trigun from a friend of mine, and it's like hella thick! over 200-500 pages!

dragonpisces272
dang...wish I could find a good volume here.
TranceDuo>that cats like, everywhere, but hes cool smile

BOPRecruit 16
wonder why the volumes are so long...well, now i have the first two volumes for my very own. can't wait to see what other stupid things that vash gets himself into! ^.^

TrAnCeDuO
i know!i just love that he just appears out of no where,meows,and leaves never to be seen for the rest of the episode.....this is just so random and awesome!

Vash: i am vash the stampede! behold my excellent marksmanship!
*shoots straight in the air*
*kuro-neko falls on vashs shoulder pretending to be dead*
*kuro wakes up,meows,and runs away*

'chelle
Trigun is great!

stoner girl
trigun is the best i love it! love

dragonpisces272
yes

BOPRecruit 16
what over mangas has the creator of trigun done?

BOPRecruit 16
other*

Lord Ryugen
Trigun does rock espicially when you get to see Vash's real weapon.

dragonpisces272
yeah ....sleeeek.....*shines* ooo ahhh

TrAnCeDuO
the white angel gun is pretty cool...

BOPRecruit 16
i'm almost done reading the first volume of trigun and i noticed that vash's red trench coat is designed differently and what the heck is the deal with that rem lady vash loves?

TrAnCeDuO
i think thats his mother....but thats just a guess...

BOPRecruit 16
really? his mother? What the f**k? in the pix, they look so close in age. it gave hints for more like a lover than mother....

TrAnCeDuO
i dunno about that... i mean as afar as age and looks go...vash is around 1000 years old yet he doesnt age one bit....but i figured that was his mother since he seemed to be attached to her when he was a little kid and she was fully adult at the time....

BOPRecruit 16
hmm....do you know a site that has stats on rem?

TrAnCeDuO
well what i meant by that was again a guess....she could be 8 years old(i doubt it though) for all we know...im just going by observations...thats all...

BOPRecruit 16
8 YEARS OLD?! What the f**k? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME! eek! she does not look 8! she looks about 24 or so in the manga...!!!

TrAnCeDuO
.................................. when i said "she could be 8 years old for all we know" i meant that your guess is as good as mine....i didnt mean that i actually believe that shes that age im just using examples....

BOPRecruit 16
have you read the mangas?

Lord Ryugen
Does anyone know how to put on that spoiler guard thing I know about the relationship of Vash and Rem but it might spoil some of the plot

TrAnCeDuO
no i have not read the manga but i have seen almost the entire anime series...

nitecrwlersbabe
me just gonna be mean and tell ya vash loves rem. he have "thing" for her

BOPRecruit 16
just to let you know, the manga is really different from the anime. the story is. the anime skips alot of the material in vol.1. like how the characters met and what vash is like on a more personal level and such.

TrAnCeDuO
well is someone gonna explain the relation or are we just gonna sit here guessing?

Lord Ryugen
Ah the hell with it I'll make an attempt. Read this at your own peril.

According to the anime Rem was part of a human colanisation ship on its way to find a hospitable planet as Earth was completly screwed up. On the way they found a ship floating derilict, when they investigated they found two young boys Vash and Knives. The two boys were brought back to the ship and cared for by Rem. It was from her that Vash developed his outlook on life, seeing violance as a last resort and killing as something that must never be done. In a respect Rem became like a mother or older sister to Vash, however the same could not be said for Knives who was routinly beaten up by a drunken member of the crew causing him to believe that the only good human is a dead human. Knives used his psychic abilites to drive most of the crew insane and kill each other and themselves, he also set the ship on a colision course with a desert planet. The only human who he didn't attempt to kill was Rem because he knew of the relationship between her and Vash, but Rem died trying to help the captain (who Knives had killed earlier). When Vash found out he attacked Knives but was beaten down. But Knives plan failed because of Rem the humans that were being kept in suspended animation were saved and made down to the planet (which explains why there were people on the planet in the first place). Also a point of intrest Vash originally carried two guns a silver one and a black one but Knives took the black one wghen he forced Vash to use the bio cannon and destroy a city.
Well thats all I know but it's been about a year since I watched Trigun so i might be mistaken on certain parts. But that pretty much sums up Vash's relationship with Rem.

BOPRecruit 16
my best friend allie informed me of this part since i asked her yesterday. she knows more about trigun than i do. the only parts that you didn't mention was rem and the crew finding this alien pod. you mentioned she raised them, yes. but the part you didn't mention was that by the time they were 1 or so, they mentally aged a decade or so. their knowledge advanced surpassed the crew quickly. when the two boys were growing up, knives would kind of look out for vash. knives tried to get vash to see things his way. the part about the ship about to crash on planet, the boys and rem were about to leave the ship when rem ran back in before the hatched closed and saved alot of people. than there was something about making vash think that knives killed rem. and later on the planet in the city of july and the reason it's trashed, was because the two had a fight there. knives used his special weapons and tried to get vash to reveal his. blah blah blah...

aside from that, allie said that the twins are supposed to be some sort of angels and have weapons that come out of their real arms. those speical guns are really skin and not metal. odd, neh? vash is clumsy b/c he doesn't train, while knives does.

when i asked about that strange angel plant in the first volume of trigun, she said he could relate to her b/c they were similar or made same in some way...blink

also, the anime skips over alot of the material in the mangas, but the anime does go back to them as in flashbacks or something. sux. trigun is a long story and takes alot of explaining....

Lord Ryugen
Yeah I knew I missed out on a few things but Vash isn't clumsy because he doesn't train. It's because he fights to incapacitate not kill so he takes hits that he could of avoided. ( take a look at his body in the anime it looks like something Dr Frankenstein would be proud of)

DemonicGambit-2
I wish in the cartoon they hadn't killed off wolfwood, wolfwoodhe's my fav. Next to knives evil face I'm just happy he got to live in the manga, but I heard a rumor that Milly was pregnant, does anyone know if this is true? confused

dragonpisces272
hmm...haven't heard that rumor...

BOPRecruit 16
i know. i saw what his body looks like in the anime when it used to be on toonami late nights and found out more as i read vol.2 of trigun.

Chaos_Cow
The whole no killing thing gets to be sort of a pain in the end, when he just starts moping around for entire episodes. He should learn from Arnie in Terminator 2 and start busting kneecaps.

BOPRecruit 16
although i haven't seen much of the series in anime of trigun, i have been reading the first two volumes of the trigun manga. if you read them, chaos, you'll get a better understanding of vash's no killing theory. also, the anime skips over alot of the manga material and shove it in later for flashbacks and crap. i do recommend that you read the mangas.

Chaos_Cow
No, I understand WHY he doesn't kill. It just gets annoying, like when he steps in and takes the saxophone blasts when he could simply shoot the guy in the leg or something.

By the way, I simply cannot stand that assassin who comes after the Demon Eye and before the Samurai. The one who shoots spikes. He's just terrible. Him and the little kid are some of the most poorly thought up characters I can imagine. Wolfwood's incredibly awesomeness makes up for it.

Conversely, the sniper assassin is absolutely incredible. You see so little of him, but he seems to be one of the few who really embodies the spirit of what all of the assassins SHOULD be like. No talk, no bragging, all business. He fails, and without thinking, he kills himself. His gun and everything are absolutely SO cool that you end up feeling sympathetic, just because he's so professional. HE is the man. One of the coolest anime characters I've ever seen.

BOPRecruit 16
are you referring to the members of the gun-ho gang? in the manga, from what i read so far, vash has defeated about 2-3 of the 12 i think was what legato had told him. the first assassin, he should've just killed him when he had the chance. i guess the anime doesn't go over much of vash's memories of rem than.

Lord Ryugen
I'd love to read the Manga but I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere so I can't Dammit sad

BOPRecruit 16
while trouble follows vash as he tries to make peace, where the heck is his twin brother, knives?! i asked my best buddy, but she's not really sure. she said he might have been training somewhere else on the planet or whater....

Chaos_Cow
You really wanna know where Knives is? According to the series, at least, which (from what I've seen of the manga) is exceptionally faithful in comparison to others such as Hellsing, he's in a big tank recovering because Vash really messed him up that time he destroyed a city.

BOPRecruit 16
oh yeah...from as far as i got in vol.2 of the manga, legato or one of the assassin did mention that but didn't name knives specially. i think there was a pic. *shrugs*

Chaos_Cow
Just added that little obnoxious "do you really want to know" as sort of a weak-ass spoiler warning. Just in case. But yeah, that's where he is until right at the end. You have any idea just HOW he got Legato working for him? I assume he paid the Gung-ho guns...

Oh, by the way, you're in for some really lame assassins by the time you finish with the Gung-ho guns. Although the stoic sniper is AWESOME, there are some very, very stupid ones too. Like the muppet, the human gyroscope, and the kid with no particular talents. You've been warned!

Kitoky
Dude Knives is awesome.

DemonicGambit-2
Knives is kick-a$$ devil He's my second favorite, apparently I'm like him according to my friend blink Which I don't think is true...I don't want to kill everyone just a choice few smile

Kitoky
Muwaahahah devil

DemonicGambit-2
eek! KNIVES!!!!!!!! eek! Doesn't he look so cool right there? happy Like he's about to kill someone...oh wait he was going to...

OH OH I have a question. At the end of the cartoon, I got a question. Did Knives in the end or not, this is for the cartoon. Because me and my friend used to argue for hours. I think he died and she thinks Vash just wrapped him up in bandages and took him someplace confused

Kitoky
Knives didn't really die, in the ending credits it shows Vash carrying Knvies over his shoulders when he returned to the girls. Vash took care of Knives because well Knives is harmless now....well not harmless but you get my point.

DemonicGambit-2
Oh...Okay I get it now...damn I was wrong!

TrAnCeDuO
how is he harmless?

Kitoky
He's not really harmless but he's more or less...it's like his spirit's are broken, he doesn't need to like kill everyone in the whole world.

BOPRecruit 16
does anyone know when volume three of trigun comes out?

BlackHatDefect
Ehem...FYI..Trigun is a classic anime!

Kitoky
I don't know...sorry...

And we know Trigun is a classic anime, so are the others- class manga too.

BOPRecruit 16
sometime this month, toomai is bringing back trigun at 1:30 am! eek! *dances for joy*

Kitoky
http://www.csusm.edu/anime/galleries/T-Z/Trigun/sm/trio72.jpg

el_barto
here is a kick ass trigun sig baka made! (im gonna use it for another forum but it is down sad)

el_barto
oops here

BOPRecruit 16
please let me know when and if the third volume of trigun is out yet! eek!

el_barto
TRIGUN!

Shinobiprincess
I like Knives and legato a whole lot more then Vash. For some reason I like the villains better then the main character.

Mr.French
I just like Vash because he is funny, has big hair, a kick ass gun, and kick ass glasses stick out tongue

only_one_wing
your all messed!!! how can you think anyone is higher than wolfwood!!! ( i was devastated!!!!! when they kiled him off!!!) his gun is kickass!!! vash may be able to waste him in battle but he cant beat wolfwood at being a badass

DemonicGambit-2
Exactly!! Wolfwood is the man! Go preacher dude! wolfwood

Raventheonly
Vash was never ment to be a badas* though.

only_one_wing
yea your right but wolfwood is still the best i mean hes a man of god that smokes and kills people what more could you ask for too bad no one will make my sig

only_one_wing
i want his bike...... and his gun

Ellen
I Love that movie Trigun smile

DemonicGambit-2
Who said Vash was a bada$$? confused Vash is more of the laughable, funny guy yes

Raventheonly
yup.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Trigun's alright..........

Pred@tor
not very realistic though

BOPRecruit 16
what's this i hear of a trigun manga called trigun extreme..or something like that...blink ?

tater nuts
trigun will probly be one of the greatest animes of all time.

Pred@tor
huh? confused

RoguePw25
Umm, I've never seen this Trigun. What is it about??

Raventheonly
A lone marksmen with a single pistol and a gun in his arm that can destroy entire cities trying to make up for the lifes he once took and promising never to kill another soul again.

Rogha
Greetings ~s~,

At the end of every episode, Vash does a lil monologue of unique philosophy.

does anyone know where a person can find these quotes?

Danke!

-Rogha-

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe
Actually... it's more of an intro for the next episode. (I think... well, they show clips from the next episode while Vash narrates, anyway.) And there's already a Trigun thread. So... well... sorry ^_^ But you can always try in here. And if that doesn't work... there's always Google. *nodnod*

Raventheonly
I just saw the episode were Vash and Wolfwood go back to his home after twenty years and it was awesome. I never knew what his red coat meant until now... chrysanthemum

WindDancer
Quite a few Trigun threads! I'll just merged them and makes this the official Trigun Thread.

smile

Cat Girl Sheryu
Trigun is kul! *is gunna watch it agian tonight*

jesusmonkey777
vash is only bada$$ when he becomes serious then hes a major bada$$

R@ven
nice wind wink

badas$ moment:

jesusmonkey777
yes that was very badass and when he came out of the alley holding the trashj can lid he was so badas just walking down the road it wasnt funny

bardock
i like how vash could wipe out most of the people he faces but he is paficst so he doesnt hurt them. it is nice to see some people with values in anime.

<Tidus>
I really like it!! At sometimes its very funny but at sometimes its very cool! I like the 3rd episode I think it was Love&Peace... So funny! Vashs like listening to a cd and his like dancing and comes into the bar and everybody ties him up and his like "Hey could you please dont go that tough on me" and then when he sees the girl he starts slythering to her iwth a funny face and then wack!

bardock
i think vash is very original character. i like knives too he should kill robin from teen titans because that show is dumb.

sailormoon
Is anyone else either confused or angry about the confusion between Meryl and Vash? sad

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe
Um... there's already a Trigun thread. ^_^

RaventheOnly
avvy:

jesusmonkey777
i dont mind teen titans too much but he should definately bust a cap in the ass of that annoying beast thing

sailormoon
Darn! Guess I didn't see it heh, heh.*embarassed*
But seriously isn't anyone disappointed, confused, or mad about nothing happening between Vash and Meryl?

Hey I don't think my smilies are working!

Jason Wyngarde
vash is very funny

bardock
vash rules. he should team up with spike from coboy bebop. two shows in equal badass ratio

Velsharoon666
Trigun is soooo the bomb,I love alot of the characters but one that I love the most is Legato Bluesummers.He is sooo kewl he could kick Vashs but if he wanted to but theres one thing I dislike about the anime.Legato died to soon or maybe it was the way he died I just wish he could of lived throught the anime a little longer

The Dark Lady
TRIGUN is one of the most, if not the most, AWESOME shows I've ever seen!!! (I LOVE WOLFWOOD!!!) I'm not really sure if I like the Manga Comic Book, though... The only Manga I can read without it wrecking the show for me is Yu-Gi-Oh! . Another awesome show and Manga... But if you've never seen the show, you really should... Oh, one more thing, does anyone know of a fast food chain I can work at to gain $50 to add to my $150 so I can buy the TRIGUN sierese box-set? I'm sick of suffering without it!

rock rock devil geek pirate

- Batgirl, The Dark Lady

bardock
burger king is good or you could rob some people

soundtrack
yes what bardock said (also sometimes the mall hires people alot around this time of year b/c college students are going back to school)

Fire_Alchemist
Heh... Its the best!

Shiznits, I like episode #26, where Vash fights Knives... The cool part was when Vash hit the freaken ground and the WOlfwood's machine gun fired...

DaX-Man
I dont know much about Trigun except that it is my favorite anime....Its actully the only one I watch except the rare occasion of watching Pokemon but that don;t count! This is Trigun thumb up not damn pokemon thumb down ! Trigun woo. I love his gun on his hand, hed kill all of us wit dat thing!

FullMetalLover1
I love Legato!!!!love

jnr hiphop
Let's try and keep this thread alive!

sai12
My friend just bought Trigun! He said as soon as he is finished with it I can borrow it! I'm really excited! All I've heard are good things about it!

jnr hiphop
yeah its heaps cool.. except the ending.. man.. so many animes have such a bad ending..

sai12
I think most animes have bad endings...I hate endings!!

Zatch_Bell
I get to watch it every saturday and I love that show.

Dizzle
Vash the Stampede is simply amazing. Besides an uber-main character, Trigun has a great supporting cast, a good storyline, some actual humor, and guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Commence with the general commentary!

dave_kodak
sounds awsome.

Shwartz
I own the complete series of Trigun and I couldn't agree with you more, but personally my favorite character is Nicholas D. Wolfwood(the priest).

Faeries_Ascendn
Ive Seen the whole series and i just luv vash and meryl and wolfwood and milly and the guns r mad 2. it was 1 of da animez that got me into being an otaku

i heard a rumor that the creator of trigun (yashira nightow or sumthin) was the original creator of evangelion (the story not like the drawing and stuff) does any1 kno if this is true?

Faeries_Ascendn
oh ive also read da first 2 trigun graphic novels (trigun maximum)

NBT x 20
Trigun is awesome!!! I'm gonna make a sig on it!!

lalalander
Trigun is AWESOME. I actually met a girl who liked it besides me or my sis (finally!!!!!!!!)

NBT x 20
LOl! laughing

Delta 62
Does anyone have the english version of Rem's song? I know it has to be somewhere, if only because it was on the show.

I Scorpion I
Whats a trigun? What the f**k? no expression whistle

jnr hiphop
*speechless*

sailormoon
Is the manga as good as the show? I hated when a certain someone died! That sucked!

FullMetalLover1
who? wolfwood? cause i hated when legato died/got killed

sailormoon
Yes.

FullMetalLover1
oh, yeah i cried so much when that happened!

sailormoon
Tell me about it!

Zatch
What did you all think of the ending to it? Wasn't it kind of weird? How they just had a gun fight...I would enjoy it if the series continued on from there...I don't see why it has to end...yeah I know Knives died but still there could be a new plot introduced some how.

Akira99
One of the best, if not the best anime I have ever seen. Very likeable and unique characters and the whole morality of the morality of killing another. Rem: "No-one has the right to take the life of another"
It was a bit silly at times - like that disgusting viallin in ep 3 and that sax playing guy near end and those giants were a bit goofy and Merly could be pretty annoying but overall it is an A class anime - 8/10 at least

sailormoon
Knives didn't die! He was just badly injured. At least that's what I got from the ending. I thought it was pretty good, but it would've been better if Wolfwood lived...

Zatch
Originally posted by sailormoon
Knives didn't die! He was just badly injured. At least that's what I got from the ending. I thought it was pretty good, but it would've been better if Wolfwood lived... no...Knives died...

sailormoon
The episode summary said that Knives was just unconcious.

Zatch
The episode summary said that Knives was just unconcious. didn't leave me a summary...that is odd...but ok

sailormoon
You want it?...

XxILuvVegetaxX
hmmm what does the manga say? i just started reading the manga (sequel that is), but i dont think Vash killed Knives ^^ (im just ganna have to wait till i get to that part)

boobsmagee
hmmm, i saw the beginning to the series, when they began to play reruns, but then they changed the times, soi never really got to see any real action, it was good from what i saw, but also alittle slow at some parts, hmmm, shuld i see the rest

Zatch
It is excelent I would recommend to watch it.

Black Adam
The episode summary said that Knives was just unconcious.

he was.

and what you didn't see from the adult swim version was Vash walking into town were the girls were with knives over his shoulder....

boobsmagee
hmmph, so much to watch

Zatch
well if you were afraid of spoilers then why come in here and read what was going on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.