How Powerful Was Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
most people seem to think hes a fairly poor dueler and a fairly average jedi. he doesnt really use sheer power to fight and rarely forces an enemy back, but hes very defencive and a master at using his environment to his advantage. he beat maul like that, and anakin. i think hed be fairly close to dooku. the only reason he was dropped instead of anakin is because dooku wanted him concious. they both left themselves open, dooku could have easily thrown anakin and kicked obi wan but the whole reason for the fight was anakin proving himself, to obi wan was taken out early. so how well would he do against someone like mace or yoda. not in a straight duel but a fight in a big envrionment with lots of objects. is he one of the councils best, a fairly typical council member or barely able to get in and passes only through his wisdom and not his combat ability or force powers?

JaehSkywalker
all i could say is, scale from 1 - 10, 9.....

i don't why i chose that....

all i know is he's cute in 1 big grin

Master Fisto
Obi Wan owns...end of story
-fight with dooku...possibly he wanted anakin to be the one to win it for them so he could get some satisfaction(not revenge)but so that anakin could then feel better ever since he lost his hand in their first encountr with dooku...

henniestevens
Yes Obi owns big time, but he's not stupid.
He was outclassed by Dooku and couldn't do anything to prevent it.
He didn't let himself almost get killed so Anakin would feel better.
That would be like Qui-Gon who lets himself kill, so Obi would get the pleasure of slaying Darth Maul. Or Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tiin who lets themself slay within seconds, so Mace would feel like a better fighter when he fought Sidious...

Darth Vious
I'd say Obi-Wan was less powerfull than say Yoda or Master Windu, but what he lacked in power, he compensated for through training, particularly in the case of lightsaber duelling. Yes, he was definitely outclassed when fencing against Dooku, because soresu is not designed as a duelling form, and Dooku's makashi precision was able to penetrate his defences. General Grievous, however, was not really using his lightsabers to fence with, just as melee weapons, and when he did fence with them, it was not with the precision of makashi, so Obi-Wan was still able to use soresu to block his attacks.

Ianus
Yup. And it doesn't hurt that Obi-Wan has some of the most varied experience and actually encounters every sith lord in the era except for Sidious in combat.

maifoshis
obi wan was a realist and one of the smartest of the jedi just because he didnt display awesome power and lightsaber techniques doesnt mean he wasnt capable of them he only followed the will of the force and did all that was necessary

henniestevens
just like his father...

Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan is the Pwn3in' Ninja of the Clone War. End of story.

Actually, he's extremely good. Arguably on par with the more 'human' form of Darth Vader, he's no pushover by any standards. And although subtle, hints of his power pop up in ROTS. During his final duel with Anakin, he matches the new Sith Lord in a stalemate of the Force. The same Sith Lord who, although not at full power, was considered one of the most powerful Jedi the Order had ever been graced with. So he is powerful.

And as a swordsman? A combatant? He was the most respected Republic war hero after Anakin. He defeated General Grievous, the cyborg terror who has defeated half a dozen Knights and Masters simultaneously. He's fought every Sith Lord alive in his time save for the Emperor. Dooku and Vader he dueled twice. He slew Darth Maul as a Padawan, and defeated Darth Vader at his best.

Obi-Wan is a powerful Jedi Master, and an amazing duelist.

xxxpoppunker182
obiwan was good enough to let himself to become one with the force befor darth vader could kill him making him even more powerful damn
it! because obiwan is a bad ass damnit!

Jack O'Neil
Obi-Wan was the only Jedi in the PT to face every Sith (expect Sidious) and then some giving him the most experience in a lightsaber to lightsaber combat. Obi was one of the greatest during the PT if not one of the top five or maybe higher.

Decay
i dont like posting in my own threads, but obi wan directly matching anakins attack with the force is something i was going to put in the intro thing but forgot. it was pretty impressive considering anakin is the chosen one and concieved by the force and was going to become the most powerful force user in the galaxy. his power had been amped by the dark side and obi wan could still stand toe to toe with him in a straight show of force (no pun intended).

Master Fisto
How does Obi Wan defeat anakin in a duel when anakin is far more fiece as a fighter than count dooku ever was...maybe why he won on mustafar was questionable, but the whole fight, he showed sweet skills...and this is probably wrong, but it almost seemed as though palps was helping dooku out with the force...why else wouldnt either of obi wan or anakin use force absorb to block dooku's force attack...no matter what, though, obi wan is the man

exanda kane
I'm sure I read that because of Obi-Wan's higher status as a Jedi Master ,he became a bigger war-hero than Anakin.

Darth Faunus
No, not really. Anakin was the Poster-boy of the Reoublic war effort. He was its single greatest hero. Although Obi-Wan was certainly close behind.

Ianus
Really? Then why does Grievious address Obi-Wan specifically, and call him the "Negotiator".

exanda kane
Owned.
Purchased.
Destroyed.

Erm. anyways Obi-Wan really is cool. yeah. umm.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
all i could say is, scale from 1 - 10, 9.....

i don't why i chose that....

all i know is he's cute in 10 big grin

revised

Escape81
Obi-Wan Kenobi was an outstanding Jedi. To me, he exemplified all of the traits of the Jedi Order. He was an immensely talented:

- Tactition
- Negotiator
- Diplomat
- Duelist
- Pilot
- Force-User

He is the quintessential jack of all trades, and he is very good in all categories. Though he is not highlighted for his ability to duel as let's say a certain Count Dooku, he is very talented and is ranked by Nick Gillard as a 9. Kenobi is very quick and very defensive as a Jedi and is in prime physical condition.

Great Vengeance
I dont think young Obi owned that much, but Old Ben definately owned.

overlord
OMG! Old Ben was freaking slow! How could you say he was better! stick out tongue

Ballister
Actually, Ben could've beaten Vader, remember? But yes, Ben isn't as good as the younger one.

Darth_Glentract
Nah. Ben would take any former version of himself. His spent 20 years training in the force.

exanda kane
Well logically if we take the 'age isnt a factor in power' theory then Old Ben should really kick-ass but then...meh was filmed 30 years ago.

Ad Obi-Wan didnt learn how to become one with the Force on his own (responding to some guy on first page here) he was taught it by Qui-GOn...

Master Naresh
remeemebr obi wan was a master of the way of the mynock , meaning the need to deflect baster shots,this way of the mynock has no aggresive qualities , mainly relied on defensive and percision accurate blows to opponent .it exposes little or no part of the body to blaster shots and lightsabre blows ,remember he was never defeated , he became one with the force , and he never truely lost a duel , he LET vader win.he is a way of the mynock champ as am I,take the quiz on google

Darth Faunus
He lost to Dooku twice, and barely survived any of his duels with Ventress.

Master Naresh
but did obi die?!

The Creator
No.

Master Naresh
point proven

Ianus
lol

He sure wasn't winning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.