Prince.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da preacher
Prince.

I think he has made some of the best music there is.
Waddaya think?

I have the following albums:

Purple Rain.
Batman.
Diamonds'n pearls.
Sign 'o the times.
Chaos'n Disorder.
Emancipation.
The BEAUTIFUL experience.
Rave un2 the joy fantastic.
Lovesexy.
Prince 'n the Revolution.
Graffiti bridge.
Around the world in A day.
Musicology.
Soul.
Come.
The Gold Experience.
The New Power Generation.

lol

Victor Von Doom
Possibly the greatest musician ever.

Alpha Centauri
Ah-greed.

I Would Die 4 U is probably my favourite song at the moment. Ever changing though.

-AC

Otaku
I like his music.Allthough i can't say i'm a fan.I also like the variation he puts in his music through the years.

Alpha Centauri
What do you mean by, you like his music and his variation but you're not a fan?

You mean you are a casual listener I assume?

-AC

Otaku
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
What do you mean by, you like his music and his variation but you're not a fan?

You mean you are a casual listener I assume?

-AC

Yep.I have like two or three of his cd's...with variation i mean that he started of more as a rock musician and now he plays music more kind to soul confused

Alpha Centauri
Cool, was just curious.

-AC

Da preacher
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Totally agree.

KMC
He is so good there are no words to express it. There is nothing he cant do. No-one funks like the purple one.

edwinian

cosigned. what's funny is that people of damn near all ages, races, and backgrounds can appreciate prince as talented. which is extremely rare.

jaden101
not only has he put out some great stuff...he also has something that i think all great musicians and actors and any kind of celebrity needs to elevate them above the throngs of mediocrity...and thats a sort of mystique...unlike when you see the pop stars from born out of crap reality shows...i want the musicians i look up to to seem like they weren't born like us mere mortals...

i'm talking rubbish again aren't i

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by edwinian
cosigned. what's funny is that people of damn near all ages, races, and backgrounds can appreciate prince as talented. which is extremely rare.

The only thing people ever diss about him (or raise as a negative) is his image. That's just idiots though. I think he epitomised what a phenomenal musician is. He reminds me of Hendrix in so many ways.

-AC

Darth Revan
I know somebody who claims to be a distant cousin of Prince...

Anyways, I need to get more of his music. He's quite good.

Alpha Centauri
He's not "quite good" haha.

That's like saying Mike Patton is "a bit mental."

-AC

Slay
He's not "quite good" haha.

That's like saying Mike Patton is "a bit mental."

-AC

Mike Patton IS a bit mental.

I made this oppinion after i saw the people my sister works with no expression
(She works in a sort of ''mental institute'')

Alpha Centauri
He's intensely mental, which was my point. Just pointing out the understatement that is "Prince is quite good".

Note to self: Explain jokes.

-AC

Slay
He's intensely mental, which was my point. Just pointing out the understatement that is "Prince is quite good".

Note to self: Explain jokes.

-AC

I understood the joke.It's just not funny no expression

Nor is Mike Patton mental.It's an act...

Alpha Centauri
It wasn't necessarily a joke in the traditional sense, just not a serious comment.

As for the Patton thing, take the pipe out of your ass and stop being so literal. That said, it's not an "act" per se.

-AC

KMC
Anyway...Prince. Anyone know if there are plans for a new album?

Alpha Centauri
Of course there is, he's Prince haha.

I haven't heard about him retiring any time soon.

-AC

KMC
what a stupid question to ask! haha
Anything specific?

Alpha Centauri
Well he was supposedly really happy with Musicology, so I'd expect something next year maybe.

-AC

Da preacher
Well, 3121 is coming this march!

KMC
My brother, biggest Prince geek in the world, said that he was supposed to be touring UK at some point. That true??

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by KMC
My brother, biggest Prince geek in the world, said that he was supposed to be touring UK at some point. That true??

It's possible, but nothing is agreed yet.

Thorin
prince, how many times has he changed his name. i still cant believe they let him do the batman soundtrack.

Alpha Centauri
He mad a great album out of it.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Thorin
prince, how many times has he changed his name.

He hasn't.

Thorin
dude he changed his name atleast once, i'm not tryin to hate, because i like when doves cry, and thats about it.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Thorin
dude he changed his name atleast once, i'm not tryin to hate, because i like when doves cry, and thats about it.

He didn't change his name, he just stopped allowing his record company to use it and used a symbol instead.

Nevermind
He mad a great album out of it.

-AC

Agreed.

Ditto.

He didn't change his name, he just stopped allowing his record company to use it and used a symbol instead.

Sorry to say, but it was indeed a name change. From Prince to O(+> then back to Prince again.

Nevermind
BTW, I thought I'd thought I'd bring this in. I'm sure you've all heard the nice latin song Teamo Carazon well the next single is titled Black Sweat. Interestingly titled, I wonder how it's going to sound?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Nevermind
Sorry to say, but it was indeed a name change. From Prince to O(+> then back to Prince again.

He changed the use, yes. He adoped the symbol he didn't actually change his name to it.

He legally stopped his label from using his name, he didn't change it.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

He didn't put his name on the albums; instead he just used a symbol. He didn't actually change his name. The symbol wasn't his 'name'.

KMC
^^does it even matter that much??? He did so he could release more music and get away from a contract that was trying to control him- therefore a good thing.

Alpha Centauri
It does matter because he didn't actually change his name did he?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by KMC
^^does it even matter that much??? He did so he could release more music and get away from a contract that was trying to control him- therefore a good thing. Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It does matter because he didn't actually change his name did he?

-AC

Nevermind
The name "change" didn't stop WB from releasing his music. During the O(+> era WB still released albums such as The Vault: Old friends 4 sale under Prince's name. It may not have been a legal name change (and by that I mean like the name on his Driver's license etc). It was a stage name change. This was stopping WB from releasing any new material recorded by Prince from that point forward. Because the contract is contracted to Prince. WB have no right release anything under O(+> only songs recorded by Prince. The whole reason for the name change was to stop them releasing new material, not to stop them releasing material all together. That's the reason why in 2000 Prince decided to use that name again, because Prince's contract with them had expired. If you notice on the back on Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic there are two names there. The album was produced by Prince ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and tracks were recorded and etc by O(+>. I'm pretty sure the usage of the name Prince was for promotional purposes, but some legal doing would have had to have been sorted. I'm not saying you guys are wrong I'm just clearing things up.

Victor Von Doom
The name "change" didn't stop WB from releasing his music. During the O(+> era WB still released albums such as The Vault: Old friends 4 sale under Prince's name. It may not have been a legal name change (and by that I mean like the name on his Driver's license etc). It was a stage name change. This was stopping WB from releasing any new material recorded by Prince from that point forward. Because the contract is contracted to Prince. WB have no right release anything under O(+> only songs recorded by Prince. The whole reason for the name change was to stop them releasing new material, not to stop them releasing material all together. That's the reason why in 2000 Prince decided to use that name again, because Prince's contract with them had expired. If you notice on the back on Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic there are two names there. The album was produced by Prince ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and tracks were recorded and etc by O(+>. I'm pretty sure the usage of the name Prince was for promotional purposes, but some legal doing would have had to have been sorted. I'm not saying you guys are wrong I'm just clearing things up.

No need, was aware of this.

Alpha Centauri

As stated above, aware. His name has always been Prince, never said anything different.

-AC

Da preacher
BTW, I thought I'd thought I'd bring this in. I'm sure you've all heard the nice latin song Teamo Carazon well the next single is titled Black Sweat. Interestingly titled, I wonder how it's going to sound?

Heard it today.

Real Funky. Love it!

Te amo Corazon was nice 2, I even bought the single. I really can't wait for 3121 now.

EDIT: Here you are: http://www.purpledawn.de/black-sweat/

Afro Cheese
Anyone catch his performance on SNL? I don't what it was he played but it sounded awesome.

Alpha Centauri
Everyone was saying "Nah, too old" etc on the Prince board.

It seems everyone is eating their words. I won't hear any till the album though.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I didn't evem realize he was working on an album to be honest. I'll buy it for sure.

Afro Cheese
http://www.youtube.com/w/prince?v=ho...=Prince%20Fury

Prince's SNL performance thumb up

Scarecrow756
I have just got into Prince and should be expecting my first Prince album any day soon now. Which is the Batman Soundtrack.

Da preacher
Here's the cover for the new album:

Da preacher
Yeah, now I'm busy posting pics, here's one from his rehearsals:

I mean, this picture rocks!

Nevermind
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
I have just got into Prince and should be expecting my first Prince album any day soon now. Which is the Batman Soundtrack.

That's a nice start. I suggest you get Lovesexy, Sign 'O' the times, Purple rain or 1999 next.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Da preacher
Here's the cover for the new album:

Nice!

Da preacher
Yeah, I really dig it 2.

So I have bought some more stuff since I made this thread so here's all the Prince stuff I've got:
CD's:

Purple Rain.
Batman.
Diamonds'n pearls.
Sign 'o the times.
Chaos'n Disorder.
Emancipation.
The BEAUTIFUL experience.
Rave un2 the joy fantastic.
Lovesexy.
Parade.
Graffiti bridge.
Around the world in A day.
Musicology.
New Power Soul.
Come.
The Gold Experience.
Love symbol.
Dirty Mind.
Controversy
For You
The Vault
NPG Exodus
Prince.
Te Amo Corazon.

DVD's:

PRINCE LIVE at the Aladdin Las Vegas.
Sign 'o the times.

Vinyl:

Purple Rain.
The Black album.

Grand Moff Gav
Prince sent his manager a message but his manager never recived it.........................Prince did what all of us in that situation would do...............sacked his manager........erm

Grand Moff Gav
BTW, Prince was on the Brits singing "Purple Rain"

Alpha Centauri
He performed a medley of Te Amo Corazon, Let's Go Crazy, Fury and Purple Rain according to Prince.Org messageboard.

I won't be watching it because I want to wait for the album to hear the song.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Anyone remember when Prince lost his temper and said he would never come to the UK again!

Alpha Centauri
I don't think he said ever, did he? Even so, that was ages ago, things change.

Plus, the British press were being idiots to him just like they always do. The Symbol era happened and they started accusing him of being off his head, stirring rumours, I'd have left.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
I don't think he said ever, did he? Even so, that was ages ago, things change.

Plus, the British press were being idiots to him just like they always do. The Symbol era happened and they started accusing him of being off his head, stirring rumours, I'd have left.

-AC

He said ever, and it was over an ill judged bit of showmanship and comments made by I think if I remeber rightly Noel Edmonds, (years since I saw it by the way - AC you would have been about 4 maybe or less). It was comedy gold though prince who is tiny walked up followed wearing high heels followed by a 7 foot odd 400 pound monster and cried as he collected it everyone laughed and Prince stropped off. It was hilarious - that aside I like Prince. It was another of those you had to have been there things AC wink

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
He said ever, and it was over an ill judged bit of showmanship and comments made by I think if I remeber rightly Noel Edmonds, (years since I saw it by the way - AC you would have been about 4 maybe or less). It was comedy gold though prince who is tiny walked up followed wearing high heels followed by a 7 foot odd 400 pound monster and cried as he collected it everyone laughed and Prince stropped off. It was hilarious - that aside I like Prince. It was another of those you had to have been there things AC wink

Didn't really have to be there, I knew it happened, just didn't know the specifics. Someone in the press also said something about him, Trevor Nelson also made comments.

Either way, Edmonds is an idiot in my opinion.

-AC

Red Superfly
Saw Prince's Brit Awards gig the other day. Really, really cool.

Second only to Paul Weller's gig.

Both of which were the only things worth anything on the ceremony, apart from the "visuals" wink of Kanye Wests gig, which I couldn't help but enjoy.

Da preacher
I definately can't wait anymore for the album.

papabeard
Prince was ace at the brits last week, he should have finished after purple rain though, i think he played for about 20 minutes,

KMC
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Both of which were the only things worth anything on the ceremony, apart from the "visuals" wink of Kanye Wests gig, which I couldn't help but enjoy.

Second to Paul Weller? Prince? No, Prince comes second to nobody. The performance was incredible, thats the first time i've heard Te Amo Corazon- but so good!

Da preacher
Yeah, the start is good of Te amo Corazon, before he starts 2 sing.
The rest is good 2, but I just love the first 30 seconds.

BadKitty
wow it's been awhile since I've been here...I made this thread along time ago http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17833&highlight=prince

was starting to think I was the only prince fan around...sweet!!

Da preacher
Yeah well I'n gonna correct myself: The song as a whole is fantastic.

Glad 2C another fan!
We're kinda hyping for 3121 in this thread so: Welcome!

My name is prince and I am funky. When it comes 2 funk I am the junkie.

BadKitty
Originally posted by Da preacher

Glad 2C another fan!
We're kinda hyping for 3121 in this thread so: Welcome!

My name is prince and I am funky. When it comes 2 funk I am the junkie.

excellent! prince is a god ,there's no one else that can touch him...I'll be checking back wink

Alpha Centauri
Going a bit too far to call him a God, also to say no one else can touch him, but I'd agree in 90+ percent of cases.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Going a bit too far to call him a God, also to say no one else can touch him, but I'd agree in 90+ percent of cases.

-AC

More like 99.99%, to be fair. Possibly much more of a negligible number, considering it's not many people at all on a planet of billions.

KMC
There are very few, if any, that come close.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Nice to see the influential Oldies were the best! It's only to be expected though if you listen to the present derivative nonsense around. I try and avoid that myself. Of course Weller would be superior his the Modfather for fecks sake Red! smile

Da preacher
The newest single from 3121:
Beautiful, loved and blessed.

http://www.3121countdown.com/

Pre-order for 3121:
Only 10 bucks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E97HIA/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/103-4983228-3135053?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Da preacher
I'm gonna be able to lay my hands on 3121 this friday, check back friday or saturday for a review.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.