Apocalypse vs Dracula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Before the actual comic comes out, does anyone care to speculate on how this smackdown would go?

(X-MEN: APOCALYPSE/DRACULA #1 (of 4)

Written by FRANK TIERI

Penciled by CLAYTON HENRY

Cover by JAE LEE One is a villain that has been plaguing civilization since the time of the Pharaohs. The other is the deadliest vampire to ever walk the earth. It's the battle to end all battles as Apocalypse confronts Dracula! Enemies since the Crusades, they've met again in 19th century London. It's four issues of Victorian mayhem, and it starts here!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Feb. 15.)

My votes with En Saba Nur!

Mainstream
clash of the immortals...SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY....the enteral mutant vs the king of Vampires! Be there or be DAMNED...SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!!

jgiant
That is a weird team up/vs. comic...i would have never guessed...i don't see how dracula can even hurt apoc...

Mainstream
Originally posted by jgiant
That is a weird team up/vs. comic...i would have never guessed...i don't see how dracula can even hurt apoc...

the whole armor, ability to shape change, tap into a hidden energy source, seemingly immortality and ability increase body mass, might prove to a problem for Drac...I wonder how they gonna drag this storyline out for 4 issues.. where Apoc and Drac best friends in college who end up fighting over a girl.

Drac: she is mine Apoc...I want to suck her blood.

Apoc: suck this Drac!!!

JirK
marvel must be on drugs. i love apocalypse and all, but why should he be in the same comic as someone who sucks this much.

dracula stands no chance against apocalypse. he does have the power to step on people.

MERCILOUS
Dracula rules, and I wouldn't be suprised if he won.

Swanky-Tuna
I think in the end, Apocalypse will of won but on the last panel he'll smile and have fangs.

leonidas
drac has defeated the xmen, gotten the better of the ss and nearly beat thor. not to mention the chaos he's caused for dr. strange who could barely defeat him with OODLES of prep in the astral world!

if you don't kow how poweful drac is, don't comment. drac probably WILL get the better end of this confrontation. i think it's actually a great match up. as old as both are, it stands to reason they must have crossed paths at some point . . ..

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by leonidas
drac has defeated the xmen, gotten the better of the ss and nearly beat thor. not to mention the chaos he's caused for dr. strange who could barely defeat him with OODLES of prep in the astral world!

if you don't kow how poweful drac is, don't comment. drac probably WILL get the better end of this confrontation. i think it's actually a great match up. as old as both are, it stands to reason they must have crossed paths at some point . . ..

Good post, these fools don't know the power of Dracula, or even how good his stories were.

leonidas
<<Good post, these fools don't know the power of Dracula, or even how good his stories were.>>

yes

Piedmon
His mesmerizing tricks aren't going to work on someone with Apocalypse's sheer willpower.

His strength and speed are useless against Apocalypse.

His "mist form" would only be useful for running the **** away.

How, again, is Drac supposed to not get his ass kicked in this?

DarkCrawler

leonidas
did he just compare me to a god . . .?

Happy Dance

thanks!

Xplosive

So that also tells in how high rank Apocalypse is.

long pig

True, lets hope Dracula doesn't get his hands on the most powerful magical artifact in existance, like when he fought Strange. Otherwise, Apoc is going down hard.

If it's normal Drac, then Apoc should be able to take him out with one attack, like Strange did.

leonidas
hehehe.

he didn't have the darkhold when he fought ss, xmen or thor. and on other occasions, he fought strange without it as well.

and no, apoc doesn't put him out with a shot, IF he puts him out at all . . .

Piedmon
Originally posted by Piedmon
His mesmerizing tricks aren't going to work on someone with Apocalypse's sheer willpower.

His strength and speed are useless against Apocalypse.

His "mist form" would only be useful for running the **** away.

How, again, is Drac supposed to not get his ass kicked in this?

UltimateIronman
who is dracula? just a f@kin vamp. Apocolypse: arghh! Im mad. i send for a big battle.just a stupid vamp? I am now hulking apocololypse! Hulk SmaSH! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

long pig
Drac is very powerful with prep. Like when he used the Darkholders cult to empower himself to near invincibility, he was able to fight Thor/Strange/SS and others.

But without prep & outside help.....
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2553/drac7ix.th.jpg

One hit kill. evil face

yahman

When did he do any of this ?

long pig
Originally posted by yahman
When did he do any of this ?
When he had help from the Darkholders. A cult of the Darkhold that mystically empowered him and made his weaknesses to light, silver and woodstakes disappear.

leonidas
<<When he had help from the Darkholders. A cult of the Darkhold that mystically empowered him and made his weaknesses to light, silver and woodstakes disappear.>>

no he didn't. he fought ss twice, both ages ago before the arc to which you are referring. he also caught colossus's fist and tossed him through the forest without darkholder influence -- he wanted storm to help him get the book.

i am curious about that scan -- what exactly did strange do to him? not that apoc could do what strange does, in any event, but what was he hitting him with?

APOCALYPSE NUR
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

I THINK I GOT OFF IN MY PANTS WHILE LOOKING AT THIS (Lemme check)--

YEP, I DID! embarrasment eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

APOCALYPSE NUR
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS ISSUE ACTUALLY IS AS COOL AS WHAT THIS IMAGE CONVEYS, BUT IF IT IS-- I MIGHT TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT CLAYTON AND FRANK.........maybe

APOCALYPSE NUR
I love APOCALYPSE, I love APOCALYPSE, and I love APOCALYPSE-- YES I DO!!!!!

I love APOCALYPSE, I love APOCALYPSE, and I love APOCALYPSE-- YES I DO!!!!!

APOCALYPSE NUR
APOCALYPSE IS GOD, APOCALYPSE IS BETTER THAN YOU, ME AND THE SUN AND THE MOON AND THE STARS, AND.....uh......................EVERYTHING

Tulika
Better than messages written in bold capitals throughout?

Tulika
Oh, and the picture... Apocalypse's drawn *terribly.* Absolute murder to behold. I'm fairly sure that old Nur is the top dog of these two, even after hearing the aforementioned feats and victories. He can only be powerful under certin conditions whereas Apocalypse's uber day and night. The Age of Apocalypse is the Age of Dawn for mankind! Apocalypse will release us all from the pain of existance! May the fittest survive!

APOCALYPSE NUR
HA HAHA HAH A H HA AHAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Amen, brother!!!!!!!!!

Mider
how did dracula fight silver surfer what could he possibly do to even stand up against him im curious someone tell me smile

inamilist
well, I'm stoked about this

not just because its a really good match up

but it shows some creativity on the part of marvel

Big names aside, i like what they are doing, Livewires looks so cool, Deadgirl is awesome, and this looks so weird it has to be at least somewhat cool

I've read some interviews with the writer, Frank Tieri, sounds like he has a really cool vision for this

LordKaos
All I have to say is where was Dracula in AOA, nowhere that's where!!! And if these two get it going in 616 I think Pocs will see that Dracs is a more suitable host than Xman.

klintypooh
Originally posted by APOCALYPSE NUR
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

I THINK I GOT OFF IN MY PANTS WHILE LOOKING AT THIS (Lemme check)--

YEP, I DID! embarrasment eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

That pic looks like Shaq in makeup.

Mider
anyone read blood of Apocalypse its the newest story arc with Apoc and the x-men i just hope it doesnt show him as Jobocalypse i hope its the badbutt Apoc that took a black bolt scream and said is that it i thought a mosquito bite is worse then that or when he fought the high evolutionary and totally messed with his mind while stalemating him.

kevdude
well this is a good match up, i got the first comic book today and 1 of the powerful mutants in Apocalypse clan is dead, killed by maybe Dracula or another vampire working for Drac. In that pic it says "if only drac knew who dr. Strange is", sorta leads me to think if Drac knew who he was could have he beaten him easier?

to close to call eek!

Xplosive
Apocalypse should win, due to their abilites. I don't see anything what Dracula could do to him. I know Dracula has some feats, but that was with help.

Decay
as much as i like apocalypse, it could go either way...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Mider
how did dracula fight silver surfer what could he possibly do to even stand up against him im curious someone tell me smile Here are two pics I scanned a while back. Dracula is no slouch.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/DraculaandSurfer2.jpg

rougeredmage
well neither of them is going to die.... and the book has allredy said that pocy has allredy saved mutant kind once.. suggesting that pocy just about wins. however i think they are just about matched in the strengh buissness.

Mider
they need to stop making apoc so weak its getting annoying to tell you the truth were are the good old days were he was able to fend off the hulk, loki, and guys like that but now he's getting beaten by anyone with powers it pathetic how they wanna add insult to injury by putting him up against dracula and that fight with drac and ss looks totally PIS from what ive read Drac can only lift 10 tons what the hell is he going to do to surfer.

Xplosive
Originally posted by rougeredmage
however i think they are just about matched in the strengh buissness.

No way.

APOCALYPSE NUR
you're right, they're not:

In this picture note that apocalypse is holding back hulk with little or no effort, and hulk is struggling quite a bit. They are on the (barren) Sphinx, and it is ALL APOCALYPSE'S OWN DAMN POWER

"Stop Struggling Hulk", "Even one in your atypical situation should not try my patience. There will be no more warnings."

APOCALYPSE NUR
also:

Darth Kal-El
How come Dracula can go up against Strange but not Apoc? Doesnt he have any magic at his disposal?

APOCALYPSE NUR
This is the same type of apocalypse that fights dracula: end of story.

Also, I suggest that EVERYBODY look at Amazing X-men #3.
APOCALYPSE beats both Bishop's and Magneto's asses by himself (he didn't have his Celestial ship or as much tech as a matter of fact) and grows like, 40 feet tall, and throws magneto into the mud just for kicks like it was nothing.

APOCALYPSE WOULD GROW TO 300 FEET, AND THEN PUNT DRACULA INTO THE F***ING SUN- WHERE HE COULD TALK ABOUT FIGHTING Silver Surfer ALL HE WANTED.

I swear to APOCALYPSE this F***ing crossover is going to make me F***ING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad eek! eek! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing sick sick

APOCALYPSE NUR
ALSO:

Spawnrules
you should show how scared apoc was when he met the mighty onslaught

Spawnrules
and how badly he got overkilled by cyclops, then magneto, then jean

grey fox

By the look of it , a burst of sunlight.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Here are two pics I scanned a while back. Dracula is no slouch.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/DraculaandSurfer2.jpg

WTF ? , surfer just got ***** slapped by a guy who's in a lower class then spidey ?

APOCALYPSE NUR
Yeah, he was scared...........but that was ONSLAUGHT, not freakin dracula. Do you see???? DOES EVERYBODY SEE?????!!!!!!

And APOCALYPSE is not stronger than the Hulk. Just wanted to make that clear. But he is above the base strength level of 100 tons or at least 80 tons.
What I think he is at is just above 150 tons dead lifting above the head, when he is mildly exerting himself. Fully exerted, 200 plus tons.
Relaxed is at the least 75tons, and i'm cutting it back even there!

And definatley not (and I just LOVED this); a base level strength of MAYBE 25tons???!!!! What the f**k? huh blink Reggie effed up on that one....
this is why I can never watch the Boondocks.

APOCALYPSE NUR
I LOVE YOU APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, NO MATTER WHAT ****ED UP THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!!!!!

grey fox
Yeah, he was scared...........but that was ONSLAUGHT, not freakin dracula. Do you see???? DOES EVERYBODY SEE?????!!!!!!

And APOCALYPSE is not stronger than the Hulk. Just wanted to make that clear. But he is above the base strength level of 100 tons or at least 80 tons.
What I think he is at is just above 150 tons dead lifting above the head, when he is mildly exerting himself. Fully exerted, 200 plus tons.
Relaxed is at the least 75tons, and i'm cutting it back even there!

And definatley not (and I just LOVED this); a base level strength of MAYBE 25tons???!!!! What the f**k? huh blink Reggie effed up on that one....
this is why I can never watch the Boondocks.

Apocalypse is a constant jobber-er , the only reason he ever beats his opponents is because of said aura.

Somehow he is able to re-strain HR hulk (whom is supposedly stronger then normal hulk*) yet he gets his ass kicked by magneto ?

*This is debatable of course , considering that it was stated that while HR Hulk's power/strength increased his durability lowered (to the point where he could be impaled on a jagged street sign)

grey fox
I LOVE YOU APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, NO MATTER WHAT ****ED UP THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!!!!!

You are a rampant fanboy, calm down and stop using the caps lock and bold . Your making my eyes bleed.....

APOCALYPSE NUR
Originally posted by Spawnrules
you should show how scared apoc was when he met the mighty onslaught

So were Cable, and Juggernaught, and beast, and Uatu, and .....uh,.....damn adhd.......well you get the point.

And the best part is: there's no brain damage-amage-amage-amage....... sad

what was I talking about again?

The Avengers, and X-man, and superman, and mighty mouse.......

APOCALYPSE NUR
Originally posted by grey fox
Apocalypse is a constant jobber-er , the only reason he ever beats his opponents is because of said aura.

Somehow he is able to re-strain HR hulk (whom is supposedly stronger then normal hulk*) yet he gets his ass kicked by magneto ?

*This is debatable of course , considering that it was stated that while HR Hulk's power/strength increased his durability lowered (to the point where he could be impaled on a jagged street sign)

Whatever, that's fine. I don't care as long as he strength and powers are never in question. Like they are now (ever since the DAMNED TWELVE SAGA).

Also; what do you mean-"aura"?

APOCALYPSE NUR
I guess the moral i'm getting at is; you don't have to take away from one to make another better. Focus on making that character better and leave mine the hell alone!!!!!!!

(That was directed at marvel)

APOCALYPSE NUR
they need to stop making apoc so weak its getting annoying to tell you the truth were are the good old days were he was able to fend off the hulk, loki, and guys like that but now he's getting beaten by anyone with powers it pathetic how they wanna add insult to injury by putting him up against dracula and that fight with drac and ss looks totally PIS from what ive read Drac can only lift 10 tons what the hell is he going to do to surfer.

I -- no joke -- FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU IS DOING BUDDY!!!!! big grin big grin

Fresh logic: thumb up thumb up

grey fox
Also; what do you mean-"aura"?

Aura-*Redirected to Jobber Aura*

Jobber Aura- A term first coined by angry anti-wolverine groups. Used to define WHY a character lower in terms of overall everything somehow beats a character who has skill/power/means to destroy him in a non pis/cis situation .

See also....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/JOBBER.jpg

APOCALYPSE NUR
You know, it's times like these I wonder what Jackson Guice, Louise Simonson, Adam Pollina, Fabian Nicieza, etc. have to say about all of this butchering?

grey fox
You know, it's times like these I wonder what Jackson Guice, Louise Simonson, Adam Pollina, Fabian Nicieza, etc. have to say about all of this butchering?

Butchering ? , what do you mean by that ....

APOCALYPSE NUR
Aura-*Redirected to Jobber Aura*

Jobber Aura- A term first coined by angry anti-wolverine groups. Used to define WHY a character lower in terms of overall everything somehow beats a character who has skill/power/means to destroy him in a non pis/cis situation .

See also....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/JOBBER.jpg

Nice, very technical: "*Redirected to Jobber Aura*"

Oh, I remember that whole thing about wolvie! But that's not Apocalypse. I mean, he couldn't beat Galactus or the Watcher, or anybody like that, but he could hold his own against the Silver Surfer and the ilk, because they're at or above his power level. (That's a rough comparison by the way. Silver Surfer would definatley win. However, what i'm saying is that it would be a LOGICAL match-up. I would expect him to be able to fight beings like the Hulk or juggernaught or thor, etc.)

APOCALYPSE NUR
Butchering ? , what do you mean by that ....

Oh God, no! I meant marvel butchering apocalypse....not you.

Also: Restraining hulk: good writing. Murder by magneto or blackbolt: bad writing.

grey fox
Nice, very technical: "*Redirected to Jobber Aura*"

Oh, I remember that whole thing about wolvie! But that's not Apocalypse. I mean, he couldn't beat Galactus or the Watcher, or anybody like that, but he could hold his own against the Silver Surfer and the ilk, because they're at or above his power level. (That's a rough comparison by the way. Silver Surfer would definatley win. However, what i'm saying is that it would be a LOGICAL match-up. I would expect him to be able to fight beings like the Hulk or juggernaught or thor, etc.)

I'm afraid your wrong .

Apocalypse lords over others declaring himself the 'top dog' so to speak . But it is fact he who is lacking in power , he has been stalemated by lower groups many-a-time. I have even heard of him running from a table leg .

Your quite lucky , as i have no problem with apocalypse fanboys ( currently) a few of the senior members take quite a disliking to claims that apocalypse can take on sentry and win.

grey fox
Also: Restraining hulk: good writing. Murder by magneto or blackbolt: bad writing.

Not really , Apocalypse has a large amount of celestial tech embedded in his body so it's understandable that he can be ripped apart , whereas black bolt can destroy mountains with a whisper . So a simple scream aimed at Apocalypse should kill him outright.....

APOCALYPSE NUR
I don't know about sentry or all that, but I'm just saying that he is not as weak as marvel has made him since 2000. And, by the question as to who is sentry, you can tell I stopped reading comics then too. embarrasment stick out tongue

They say that he gets his power from the Celestial technology, when the only account written in the comics involving his first exposure to Celestial tech. was very sparse in details and was also from a characters memory that may or may not be entirely true.

The card on the back of the Marvel Legends series 7 apocalypse figure stated that not only was he unable to lift above 100 tons, but that he found and stayed in the Celestial ship for thousands of years, when (from Sauls account) he found it about 800 years ago.

Truth is, Apocalypse was physically able to lift above 100 tons before (normal 7 foot form), and after his exposure to celestial tech, he could restrain the hulk no problem (until the hulk eventually exceeded that strength level and flattened apocalypse.).

That's all I'm doing; backing up apocalypse's powers.

APOCALYPSE NUR
Not really , Apocalypse has a large amount of celestial tech embedded in his body so it's understandable that he can be ripped apart , whereas black bolt can destroy mountains with a whisper . So a simple scream aimed at Apocalypse should kill him outright.....

True. I was just generalizing.

grey fox
I don't know about sentry or all that, but I'm just saying that he is not as weak as marvel has made him since 2000. And, by the question as to who is sentry, you can tell I stopped reading comics then too. embarrasment stick out tongue

They say that he gets his power from the Celestial technology, when the only account written in the comics involving his first exposure to Celestial tech. was very sparse in details and was also from a characters memory that may or may not be entirely true.

The card on the back of the Marvel Legends series 7 apocalypse figure stated that not only was he unable to lift above 100 tons, but that he found and stayed in the Celestial ship for thousands of years, when (from Sauls account) he found it about 800 years ago.

Truth is, Apocalypse was physically able to lift above 100 tons before (normal 7 foot form), and after his exposure to celestial tech, he could restrain the hulk no problem (until the hulk eventually exceeded that strength level and flattened apocalypse.).

That's all I'm doing; backing up apocalypse's powers.

Slight problem there , unless it isn't in a comic it's not accepted. Characters power levels are a sketchy thing , changing with each writer . No writer actually considers whether or not their going over the actual power level of the character . As such the figure's statistics are null and void......

grey fox
True. I was just generalizing.

Ok smile

APOCALYPSE NUR
I misspoke there. What I meant to say was that they attribute MOST of his power to celestial tech. Which is just wrong.

"unless it isn't in a comic it's not accepted" I know. That's what I was saying:
I think toybiz is full of Sh** , and it contradicts how powerful he really is (100+ tons, etc. ) And I dissagree strongly with the toybiz card. I should have clairified, sorry. cool smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance

HEY! Check me out!: "It's PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!! -- Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

grey fox
*raises eyebrow*

OK.....

APOCALYPSE NUR
You can also draw a pretty much exact comparison between Hulk and Apocalypse in terms of how celestial tech. augments one's abilities.

For example: Like Hulk (to a point) Apocalypse was extremely physically powerful beforehand (100+ to 200tons), and after their exposure to Celestial tech., they were augmented even more (picking up pyramids, restraining hulk - respectively).
The exception is that Hulk would've achived that level of strength anyway, whereas Apocalypse would've been stuck at 100+ to 200tons (in his 7foot form).

Haven't you ever seen Family Guy? *peanut butter jelly time*???

APOCALYPSE NUR

The blackbolt being able to destroy him with a word is true, yes.
But it's the way it happened. Apocalypse would never, NEVER, be that stupid. That whole issue just sucked donkey-d***. I mean, Black Panther killing sabertooth? Hopping over the head of Apocalypse? never in a million years.
Although, Apocalypse did destroy the whole place, and shrugged off attacks by an army...

And magneto did have the power to do what he did. Bad example, sorry.

ehhh.....let's see. trying to think of a good-- AH! Loki! He would have trashed Loki. Well, I mean...more than he did.

Also- did anyone else find it weird that Apocalypse made his HEAD grow in that fight, just to shoot loki with his eye-beams????

Not that I don't like it (it's actually pretty awesome), it's just........what prompts one to make thier HEAD grow?

Mider
you all talk about Apoc like he started out a jobber he wasnt a jobber to begin with thus he cant have been born one my point is they butcher him in stories now a days how would you like a perfectly good character to show up in a lame situation

Ex thanos being defeated by torzan-oops it did happen sadly heh how do you like it thanos fanboys

ex V being beaten by a gang of common street punks who probably cant even read same goes for punisher

SS having trouble against dracula who's powers are not even sificiant to take on anyone above blade

surfer being cut open by wolverine

some of these things did happen and they suck admit it and other things like V losing to common street thugs i dont think they happend my point is all of your fav characters are seceptible to bad writing and thus can suck at any moment apocalypse has not always sucked and has shown good showings he should always show good showings if he must show bad showings they should be at a minimum

more examples

exodus being pathetic after bloodties

pheonix losing to xorn

i wish i had a dictonary of horribly moments that should not have happend someone made a thread im suprised its not composed of 10's of thousdans of pages

another example Omega beams being blocked by WW gauntlets when they can supercede her force field Darkseid has been a major jobber sometimes but now he has the anti-life equation and has destroyed the fourth world if you put him up against galactus, galactus will lose horribly. The point of all this is that none of you should judge apoc on his jobber moments but on his good moments which were really good and logical

APOCALYPSE NUR
you all talk about Apoc like he started out a jobber he wasnt a jobber to begin with thus he cant have been born one my point is they butcher him in stories now a days how would you like a perfectly good character to show up in a lame situation

YES!!!!!!!! MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU TOO MIDER.

F*** THE TWELVE SAGA, AND CABLE'S FUTURE TIMELINE, ETC!!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE NUR
The point of all this is that none of you should judge apoc on his jobber moments but on his good moments which were really good and logical

WORDS.....
SHOULD HAVE SENT.....A POET!

APOCALYPSE NUR
Also, I am THE greatest Apocalypse fan ever,........yes I.....

............I love apocalypse.

I Do, I just .....LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE NUR
Apocalypse lords over others declaring himself the 'top dog' so to speak . But it is fact he who is lacking in power , he has been stalemated by lower groups many-a-time. I have even heard of him running from a table leg .

No.......no, that's not right either. no no no huh huh

What do you mean "table-leg"??? Do you mean when he was fighting blackpanther?

Hey Mider, don't forget the time thanos got arrested by human police, and taken away in HANDCUFFS!!! That was when i believe, someone else was writing...

Mider
thanos arrested by human police? tries to hold back vomiting

APOCALYPSE NUR
It happened, I'm serious! Total hysterics hystierics, damn! How do you spell that?!

demigawd
A couple of administrative notes here:

1) The Thanos who was beaten by Tarza...er, Kazaar was, in fact, a low grade clone, as Thanos revealed later.

2) The Thanos arrested by police and taken away in handcuffs by the NYPD was part of some kind of promotional kids comic book that was entirely non-canon.

3) Apocalypse stalemating Loki was generally seen as a high feat for Apocalypse, since Loki was written at his most powerful during that time. Be proud of it

4) The "table leg" incident refers to Apoc ducking when Namor threw a table at him. The thought goes that if Apoc were as bad ass as people would have him believe, he wouldn't have to run for his life from a simple wooden table...it would just harmlessly bounce off of him.

5) Apoc did indeed enhance his powers with Celestial tech, which is how he developed the buttload of powers he has today. Prior to that, his only power was high level shapeshifting. His energy wielding, levitation, and occasional psi-oriented abilities are all from his tech. His mutant power is self molecular control. What effect that has on his strength is in question, since Apoc's only real superhuman strength feat was restraining the Hulk, but given his position relative to the Hulk's, Spider-Man could have restrained Hulk the same way if he were taller, so it's not a really great strength feat.

6)Apoc should be written more powerfully than he is, but nobody should be pitting him against the likes of Thanos or Darkseid just because they're all blue/grey and scary.

7)Magneto seems to own Apoc in every timeline. Must be Marvel's way of telling us something

8) It's "hysterics".

9)Welcome to the board Apocalypse Nur.

That concludes the administrative notes for the day.

Carry on!

inamilist
Originally posted by demigawd

1) The Thanos who was beaten by Tarza...er, Kazaar was, in fact, a low grade clone, as Thanos revealed later.

2) The Thanos arrested by police and taken away in handcuffs by the NYPD was part of some kind of promotional kids comic book that was entirely non-canon.

3) Apocalypse stalemating Loki was generally seen as a high feat for Apocalypse, since Loki was written at his most powerful during that time. Be proud of it

4) The "table leg" incident refers to Apoc ducking when Namor threw a table at him. The thought goes that if Apoc were as bad ass as people would have him believe, he wouldn't have to run for his life from a simple wooden table...it would just harmlessly bounce off of him.

5) Apoc did indeed enhance his powers with Celestial tech, which is how he developed the buttload of powers he has today. Prior to that, his only power was high level shapeshifting. His energy wielding, levitation, and occasional psi-oriented abilities are all from his tech. His mutant power is self molecular control. What effect that has on his strength is in question, since Apoc's only real superhuman strength feat was restraining the Hulk, but given his position relative to the Hulk's, Spider-Man could have restrained Hulk the same way if he were taller, so it's not a really great strength feat.

6)Apoc should be written more powerfully than he is, but nobody should be pitting him against the likes of Thanos or Darkseid just because they're all blue/grey and scary.

7)Magneto seems to own Apoc in every timeline. Must be Marvel's way of telling us something

8) It's "hysterics".

Carry on!

that was informative and entertaining, thank you

Mider
Apoc has been shown to own magneto thats what i saw in a pic on panal anyway he was making mags his maidservent.

demigawd
Apoc has been shown to own magneto thats what i saw in a pic on panal anyway he was making mags his maidservent.

When was this? In every timeline, every encounter they've had, Apoc has lost. In HoM, he was working basically as Magneto's hitman and given some scraps of land in Northern Africa as his reward. If that's not ownage, I don't know what is.

KillAll

if you are saying that apoc can take tank fire, but not a table to the chest you are dumb wink, he just ducked. can anybody name an actual event that set apocalypse on his knees??? not running. apocalypse is just a wierd character. it seems that he tries to set in motion a plan, and when the plan fails (not apocalypse, or his abilities physically) he leaves the situation... which is what happened in this case. alot of cases actually. not because he is forceably removed... thats just silly.

actually, again, can you prove that celestial tech is what apocalypse used to boost his abilities?? or do you just read the same as i do, and apoc has access to it??? cause if you read the rise of apocalypse 4 part mini series, you would know this is completely false. in the story, it tells of apocalypses origins, and how he became... himself. he was stabbed through the chest long before his mutant powers manifested, and survived (not just stabbed, but litterally almost torn in half). he could also hall around stones that built the pyramids by himself. 2 at a time... which weigh several tons. this was before his powers manifested also. he also had the ability to grown in height and had much greater strength once they did manifest. so to say that it all simply came from tech would be an error on your part cause this happend long before he acquired that technology...

well this is opinion... cause i like apocalypse better than thanos or darkseid...

actually can you give me an example of this??? besides the 1 incident of Age of apocalypse????????? cause in every incident i see it takes magneto, his brotherhood, or the x-men just to even remotely fight apocalypse... even then its not apoc that runs or has a reason to leave. hmmm, you are right, marvel must be trying to tell us something there.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by KillAll
if you are saying that apoc can take tank fire, but not a table to the chest you are dumb wink, I think it was more meant to imply Bluelips is chickenshit.

KillAll
i know what it was meant to imply... but that doesnt make it true. the only time that i can recall apoc really getting beat up was by stryfe just as apocalypse awoke from his rejuvination (spelling???) chamber...

KillAll
its just like saying, thing CAN take shots from the hulk, but he would rather duck.

just because you CAN take a shot to the chest, doesnt mean you have to.

xmarksthespot
Rejuvenation.

Oh, and his original power before addition of Celestial technology was simply self-molecular control. He also isn't a true "immortal mutant". A limestone pyramid block on average weighs 2 or 3 tons. He struggled to move it.

demigawd
if you are saying that apoc can take tank fire, but not a table to the chest you are dumb wink

Don't yell at me, yell at the writers. I'm not drawing conclusions based on that, just stating that it happened.

You mean aside from Magneto ripping him in half, Stryfe throwing him around the room and impaling him, the Dark Riders killing him, Cyclops blowing up him, Jean Grey ripping him open, Cable dispersing his essence, Cyclops/Phoenix/Little Nate disintegrating him and being turned to stone by a guy with a gun?

Aside from all the above examples, I agree. confused

You missed what I said. I said that Apoc's ONLY mutant ability is molecular self-control. He can alter his molecular structure to give himself any number of shapes and sizes, and of course increasing his strength as a result. That's his mutant power, and that's the only power shown in Rise of Apocalypse. You didnt see him flying around in that story, right? You didn't see him energy blasting anybody, right? You didn't see him teleporting, right? No telepathic attacks or telekinetic blasts or anything else, right?

Because he didn't get any of that until after subdued Saul and entered Ship.

I can see that. But objectively speaking, do you believe that their feats make them equal, or Apoc their superior?

HoM - Apoc was Magneto's little servant boy. The backstory was that Apoc and Magneto got into a fight, Magneto won, but in all his infinite glory and wisdom (and to rub it in), he let Apoc live and offered him a job. Apoc accepted it and in exchange, Magneto gave Apoc some desert land to rule over, and does his dirty work when summoned.

Sounds like ownage to me.

Magneto has never fought Apoc other than those two times. But even in the cartoon, Magneto tossed Apoc threw a wall, and he needed his Horsemen to bail him out.

KillAll
um, no he didnt, it showed no sign of resistance, and he was moving 2 at a time, by himself and hoisting them up on his back. this was BEFORE his mutant powers manifested. so i'd say its safe to assume that once he did, he was well above that strength. he could also grow in size, shape shift, but it only shows the first few minutes of his mutant powers manifesting themselves... so we are not sure what hes capable of without the tech. to assume everything came from that is PURE speculation.

Mider
i thought AoA wasnt canon so why is anyone bringing it up?

KillAll
oh and in the cartoon apoc also fought magneto and the x-men. i didnt read house of m, but wasnt the reality altered by scarlet witch??? something to that affect???

xmarksthespot
He was dragging a block, singular. There was no hoisting. I can post scans if necessary but I'd really rather not have to bother.

demigawd
i thought AoA wasnt canon so why is anyone bringing it up?

It's canon, because it's not a What If...it's an altered timeline. The same characters in different situations. We know the breaking off point (20 years before), and we know that it's the same Apoc, because he saw what was happening BEFORE the timeline broke. It's the same Apoc.

Mider
he was old anyway so it doesnt really matter to me his powers were to much for his body to hold can mags say his powers are to much for his body to hold no i dont think so instead of letting that planet die thor should have called in mags to help stop exitar since his powers are so great over even celestial armer

demigawd
oh and in the cartoon apoc also fought magneto and the x-men. i didnt read house of m, but wasnt the reality altered by scarlet witch??? something to that affect???

In the cartoon, Magneto fought Apoc one on one and Magneto tossed him out of a building where Apoc was going to fall for all time until his Horsemen rescued him. I'd say Magneto won that encounter, too.

Magneto DID get owned in X-men Evolution, but that Apoc had NOTHING at all in common with the Apoc we know. Different origin, different powers, different personality, different purpose...may as well be a different character. And X-men Evolution Magneto was so weak he lost to Colossus just because switched from metal form to flesh form! LOL!

demigawd
he was old anyway so it doesnt really matter to me his powers were to much for his body to hold can mags say his powers are to much for his body to hold no i dont think so instead of letting that planet die thor should have called in mags to help stop exitar since his powers are so great over even celestial armer

Who was old? Apoc? Apoc in AOA was the same age as Apoc today.

magneto, on the other hand, was much older in AOA than he is today. At least biologically.

And Magneto DID destroy Apoc's Ship, so...that's some serious power.

Mider
tossing someone out of the window doesnt really mean they owned him in another cartoon apocalypse was shown to fly shouldnt have happend and he over powered mags before he got thrown out the building the mags beam was over powered by Apocalypse beam

demigawd
tossing someone out of the window doesnt really mean they owned him in another cartoon apocalypse was shown to fly shouldnt have happend and he over powered mags before he got thrown out the building the mags beam was over powered by Apocalypse beam

Except Apoc would have fallen forever if he didn't get help. That's a pretty clean win. Apoc has shown the ability to levitate, but not fly. There's a big difference between the two.

He didn't overpower Magneto with his blast. That was how Apoc got into that trouble in the first place. Magneto knocked Apoc into the wall, then they blasted each other, then magneto blasted Apoc again and Apoc went flying out the window.

Mider
um yeah he did mags jumped and shot him again and that blast threw him out the window and he was shown in an earlier episode to fly away after a battle with the x-men it was when archangel thought he had found a way to kill him but it was a trick by apoc just to mess with his head i guess.

grey fox
Except Apoc would have fallen forever if he didn't get help. That's a pretty clean win. Apoc has shown the ability to levitate, but not fly. There's a big difference between the two.

He didn't overpower Magneto with his blast. That was how Apoc got into that trouble in the first place. Magneto knocked Apoc into the wall, then they blasted each other, then magneto blasted Apoc again and Apoc went flying out the window.

I remember that scene quite clearly , magneto was lying on the floor , raised his hand ( the weird line and noise effect happens) and apocalypse went straight through that wall falling into the static electricity style end of all time.....

Xplosive
When was this? In every timeline, every encounter they've had, Apoc has lost. In HoM, he was working basically as Magneto's hitman and given some scraps of land in Northern Africa as his reward. If that's not ownage, I don't know what is.

Be serious.

Xplosive

8) It's "hysterics".

Carry on!

HE fought aganst Loki at his best and High Evolutionary, PE Iakris and then you mention some table, being scared of table, come on man. Wasn't scared of tha blast of Loki and High Evolutionary, PE Ikaris and than of soem some insignificatn table. That is the typical bad writing of Apocalypse and shouldn't be takne seriously.

''Magneto claims to be no fool, and he never believed him, and doesn't seem to be alone in this distrust, as Death joins his side, soon demorphing into the female form of Mystique. Apocalypse bursts from the rubble, calling the pair traitors as he returns to his feet, and noting that they dared to attack their master, he morphs his hand into a futuristic cannon, and proceeds to fire upon them. The mutants leap away from the destructive blasts, and immediately fire back, Mystique with her laser-pistol, and Magnus with his own magnetism waves, retorting that he calls no one master, especially one who would destroy the innocent along with the guilty. Apocalypse is unfazed by their attacks, telling the mutant to spare him his petty judgments, since they spring from a brain too meager to comprehend his reality. Growing in size, his eyes surging with energy, Apocalypse tells the pair to taste his power, as he releases a beam of laserforce from his chest. Magneto pours on his magnetic energy, struggling to hold back the stream of orange light, calling it poisonous. It overwhelms him considerably, and soon the pair of pressing powers ignite into an explosion, that, though it knocks Magnus backwards, gives him a chance to fire another swath of magnetism at Apocalypse. It's a lucky shot with a lot of power behind it, and though it doesn't harm the immortal one iota, the force is enough to slam him back against the brittle, ancient stone wall of the dungeon.''

That sound as Magneto being joke to Apocalypse (being Magneto power CONSIDERABLY overwhlemed by Apocalypse and than putting Apocalypse with lot of power thorugh the wall, but doesn't hurt Apocalyse for one iota, that sounds Magneto being joke to Apocalypse)

And in both of cartoons and games, Magneto was joke to Apocalypse.

grey fox
Originally posted by Xplosive
HE fought aganst Loki at his best and High Evolutionary, PE Iakris and then you mention some table, being scared of table, come on man. Wasn't scared of tha blast of Loki and High Evolutionary, PE Ikaris and than of soem some insignificatn table. That is the typical bad writing of Apocalypse and shouldn't be takne seriously.

''Magneto claims to be no fool, and he never believed him, and doesn't seem to be alone in this distrust, as Death joins his side, soon demorphing into the female form of Mystique. Apocalypse bursts from the rubble, calling the pair traitors as he returns to his feet, and noting that they dared to attack their master, he morphs his hand into a futuristic cannon, and proceeds to fire upon them. The mutants leap away from the destructive blasts, and immediately fire back, Mystique with her laser-pistol, and Magnus with his own magnetism waves, retorting that he calls no one master, especially one who would destroy the innocent along with the guilty. Apocalypse is unfazed by their attacks, telling the mutant to spare him his petty judgments, since they spring from a brain too meager to comprehend his reality. Growing in size, his eyes surging with energy, Apocalypse tells the pair to taste his power, as he releases a beam of laserforce from his chest. Magneto pours on his magnetic energy, struggling to hold back the stream of orange light, calling it poisonous. It overwhelms him considerably, and soon the pair of pressing powers ignite into an explosion, that, though it knocks Magnus backwards, gives him a chance to fire another swath of magnetism at Apocalypse. It's a lucky shot with a lot of power behind it, and though it doesn't harm the immortal one iota, the force is enough to slam him back against the brittle, ancient stone wall of the dungeon.''

That sound as Magneto being joke to Apocalypse (being Magneto power CONSIDERABLY overwhlemed by Apocalypse and than putting Apocalypse with lot of power thorugh the wall, but doesn't hurt Apocalyse for one iota, that sounds Magneto being joke to Apocalypse)

Wrong-o

Magneto is still human , for all the upgrades and powers he has , at the end of the day abin sur is still a mortal man.

Mag's concentrates for a few seconds and BAM , drags all of the blood away from apocalypses heart causing him to choke to death.

Mider
are you vinished talking insanity? is that why its happend before, beings who can be more powerful then mags couldnt do it but mags can righttttttt you gonna tell me mags can beat loki or high evolutionary who threatened to devolve galactus?

grey fox
are you vinished talking insanity? is that why its happend before, beings who can be more powerful then mags couldnt do it but mags can righttttttt you gonna tell me mags can beat loki or high evolutionary who threatened to devolve galactus?

No I'm talking sense not insanity , and no mag's can do it not because he is powerful but because of what his power is .

Mider
well i guess thor should have teleported mags to his location to stop the celestials since you think mags can manipulate celestial armor or even get past it

demigawd
Be serious.

Are you telling me that didn't happen?

hahaha....that's the most biased Apoc fanboy interpretation of that episode I ever read. "Apoc wasn't hurt, but the WALL was so brittle that he tripped and fell through it".

HAHAHAHAHA.

And Mystique's pistol played 0 part in that whole thing. And they're leaving out the part where Magneto throws Apoc into a series of columns with a blast. When Apoc got up, THEN he grew in size. Magneto never struggled at all...he leaped back and blasted Apoc again, knocking him out the building.

Fragile wall my ass, hahaha.

Anybody can threaten anybody with anything...it doesn't matter. High Evolutionary got owned by Galactus. Furthermore, of course Magneto could beat them both. High Evolutionary's power varies wildly...at his most powerful, he could easily destroy Apoc or Magneto. As he was written there, he'd lose to Magneto.

well i guess thor should have teleported mags to his location to stop the celestials since you think mags can manipulate celestial armor or even get past it

Are you comparing Apoc to a Celestial?????

grey fox
Xplosive stop already , your arguments are fanboy trash and your masking a grade A ass of yourself

Xplosive
Xplosive stop already , your arguments are fanboy trash and your masking a grade A ass of yourself

Look stupid idiot, and what is Demigawd or you, stupid ass. Go home and suck your prick.

grey fox
Look stupid idiot, and what is Demigawd or you, stupid ass. Go home and suck your prick.

Hah , once again proving yourself to be a fanboy. Upon realising your total and utter defeat you whine and try to insult me with pathetic verbal slurs which a 12 year old could think up.

Tha C-Master
Love is in the air... love

Mider
your the one proving to be a liar more then a fanboy magneto just didnt snap his fingers and beat apocalypse it was a lucky shot i should know i use to own every x-men episode in that series and i do remeber the battle what xplosive said was true, and no im not compareing him to a celestial but his armer seems to be that of celestial origin and thus i think that magneto shouldnt have power of celestial tech and no one is saying apocalypse cant be defeated that is what a fanboy is you are just a plain liar saying that that happend in the episode apocalypse was outnumbered it was a pure PIS moment cause Apocalypse had been shown to fly earlyer in the series so how can he fall down into nothingness if he can fly? magneto was straining just trying to protect himself from the beam in the end he had to get out of the way, and even before that i remeber mags being cought by apocalypse in a giant claw like thing while mystique shot him in the back in other episodes with Apocalypse in that show he nearly killed the entire team every time they met up.

demigawd
your the one proving to be a liar more then a fanboy magneto just didnt snap his fingers and beat apocalypse it was a lucky shot i should know i use to own every x-men episode in that series and i do remeber the battle what xplosive said was true, and no im not compareing him to a celestial but his armer seems to be that of celestial origin and thus i think that magneto shouldnt have power of celestial tech and no one is saying apocalypse cant be defeated that is what a fanboy is you are just a plain liar saying that that happend in the episode apocalypse was outnumbered it was a pure PIS moment cause Apocalypse had been shown to fly earlyer in the series so how can he fall down into nothingness if he can fly? magneto was straining just trying to protect himself from the beam in the end he had to get out of the way, and even before that i remeber mags being cought by apocalypse in a giant claw like thing while mystique shot him in the back in other episodes with Apocalypse in that show he nearly killed the entire team every time they met up.

did somebody here say that Magneto beat apoc with a snap of the finger? I don't remember saying it, and I don't remember it being said. What I did say was that in their one and only cartoon confrontation, Magneto was standing tall at the end of it and Apoc was on his way to oblivion until his horsemen saved him.

Combine that with the fact that Apoc was killed by Magneto in AOA, and Apoc's precious Celestial Ship was messed up something good by Magneto.

Combine that with the fact that Apoc was Magneto's little yes man in HoM

And you have yourself a nice little picture of the Marvel pecking order and Apoc's place in it.

Them's the facts...live with it. big grin

grey fox
did somebody here say that Magneto beat apoc with a snap of the finger? I don't remember saying it, and I don't remember it being said. What I did say was that in their one and only cartoon confrontation, Magneto was standing tall at the end of it and Apoc was on his way to oblivion until his horsemen saved him.

Combine that with the fact that Apoc was killed by Magneto in AOA, and Apoc's precious Celestial Ship was messed up something good by Magneto.

Combine that with the fact that Apoc was Magneto's little yes man in HoM

And you have yourself a nice little picture of the Marvel pecking order and Apoc's place in it.

Them's the facts...live with it. big grin

Nice

TheKahn
Given the nature of his powers and the fact that he has access to some of the most advanced technology in the Marvel Universe, Apocalypse should be at the top of the mutant hieriarchy.
However, as great as his potential as a character is, the fact remains that he just hasn't done that many impressive feats. I mean what has he really done to demonstrate a massive amount of power? By creating Horsemen?

demigawd
Probably because Apoc, as he said, doesn't understand much of the tech he uses. It's kinda like your mom being a fast typist, but trying to figure out how to use Macros in Microsoft Word...

APOCALYPSE NUR

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! What the f**k? What the f**k? mad mad

To coin a phrase--

Originally posted by Spawnrules:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

His mutant power' S (plural), are:
super FREAKIN' strength (100+tons, don't give a SH** what anybody says), healing factor, longevity, growing, high level shapeshifting, enery projection,...

It's all here, in this pamphlet (maybe you've heard of it?):

RISE OF APOCALYPSE #'s 1-4

I..............I............hate it-- HATE IT when people do this...

Will have more after I check on this potential aneurysm....

demigawd
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! no no no no no What the f**k? What the f**k? mad mad

To coin a phrase--

Originally posted by Spawnrules:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

His mutant power' S (plural), are: super FREAKIN' strength (100+tons, don't give a SH** what anybody says), healing factor, longevity, growing, high level shapeshifting, enery projection,...
It's all here, in this pamphlet (maybe you've heard of it?):

RISE OF APOCALYPSE #'s 1-4

I..............I............hate -- HATE IT when people do this...

Oh really? Then show me his energy projection powers in Rise of Apocalypse. Show me him lifting 100+ tons of anything in Rise of Apoc (in fact, show me him lifting 100+ tons of anything...ever).

The rest of the powers you named (growing, shape shifting, healing factor, longevity) are all kinda part of the same thing. If you can control your own molecular structure, you can make yourself bigger, stronger, rejuvenate your own cells so that they don't die.

But it doesn't give you energy blasts. Or telepathy. Or telekinesis. Or teleportation abilities.

Which is fortunately, because he never showed any of that in Rise of Apocalypse, lol.

Mainstream
Probably because Apoc, as he said, doesn't understand much of the tech he uses. It's kinda like your mom being a fast typist, but trying to figure out how to use Macros in Microsoft Word...

not true...he doesn't just understand it he enhanced beyond it's current abilities..he spent like a 1000 years in a spaceship mastering it's secrets. I know I know "if he's mastered it why hasn't he takeover the world?" I don't know why did magneto allow himself to put in a plastic prison....it's a mad mad world.

demigawd
Originally posted by Mainstream
not true...he doesn't just understand it he enhanced beyond it's current abilities..he spent like a 1000 years in a spaceship mastering it's secrets. I know I know "if he's mastered it why hasn't he takeover the world?" I don't know why did magneto allow himself to put in a plastic prison....it's a mad mad world.

He enhanced it beyond its current abilities how? Looks the same, acts the same, does the same thing.

And now, it's not even his anymore! hahaha

TheKahn

I've heard this said about him before, but my question is always how has he improved upon Celestial technology? Simply understanding it would be impressive enough as the Celestials may be as advanced as it is possible for a race to get. But improving it??? I tend to think that is just hyperbole.

APOCALYPSE NUR

He spent like, a couple HUNDRED years (maybe) inside learning the secrets of the tech. He had to be in Victorian England to make Sinster....

Remember: This theory that you all have about Apocalypse's dependency on Celestial tech. is based on an one old man's account who -- last time I checked-- wasn't that fond of Apocalypse. And that is the only account of it. No others their to back it up. All we have to go on is Saul who, last time I checked, wasn't very a good guy.
No official word or standpoint from Marvel exists as to what exactly happened with Apocalypse and celestial technology. (sans Sauls memory).....

Now go ahead, argue all you want that I'm wrong, but it's true, there is no account of what Apocalypse did while he was in that ship from that time, to the Crusades.

leonheartmm
i wonder if this has been put up

APOCALYPSE NUR
*rubs temples*

Mainstream
I believe you I knew it was a long period...1000 years was just a guess on my part forgive me brother.

APOCALYPSE NUR
I wonder if this has been put up?:

demigawd
He spent like, a couple HUNDRED years (maybe) inside learning the secrets of the tech. He had to be in Victorian England to make Sinster....

Remember: This theory that you all have about Apocalypse's dependency on Celestial tech. is based on an one old man's account who -- last time I checked-- wasn't that fond of Apocalypse. And that is the only account of it. No others their to back it up. All we have to go on is Saul who, last time I checked, wasn't very a good guy.
No official word or standpoint from Marvel exists as to what exactly happened with Apocalypse and celestial technology. (sans Sauls memory).....

Now go ahead, argue all you want that I'm wrong, but it's true, there is no account of what Apocalypse did while he was in that ship from that time, to the Crusades.

Why would Saul have any reason to lie? he was giving an account of what happened?

Most Horsemen of Apoc get Celestial enhancements. Why would he enhance everybody but himself?

Sinister went from being human to having very similar abilities to Apoc due to Celestial enhancements

That heir to Apoc in Apoc/Dracula said he had all of Apoc's natural abilities - all he did was change shapes and sizes

During Rise of Apoc, Apoc didn't show any teleporting/psionic/flying/energy blasting/invisbility detection abilities

Why does Apoc need to sleep in a Celestial rejuvenation chamber if it's all his natural power?

What was Apoc doing in a ship for 1000 years, only to come out looking completely different, but did nothing to himself and did nothing else with the Ship?

And who is born with a dozen mutant abilities? You get ONE. Apoc's was and always will be, "molecular self-control"...anything in addition to that isn't part of his stated mutant power.

I mean, I understand that Marvel editorial never came out and released a press statement saying, "these are the powers that Apoc was born with and these are the powers he was not", but put all the circumstantial evidence together and it's pretty clear that the conclusion that Apoc gained his million or so other powers through celestial enhancements is pretty sound.

APOCALYPSE NUR
I wonder if this has been put up?

Mainstream
He enhanced it beyond its current abilities how? Looks the same, acts the same, does the same thing.

indeed

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse is also extraordinarily intelligent, a genius with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials to which he was exposed.

um ha ha ha to you too dear brother.

TheKahn

And who is born with a dozen mutant abilities? You get ONE. Apoc's was and always will be, "molecular self-control"...anything in addition to that isn't part of his stated mutant power.

secondary mutation... whistle

demigawd
indeed

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse is also extraordinarily intelligent, a genius with knowledge of science and technology centuries ahead of conventional science. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials to which he was exposed.

That wasn't my question...my question was WHAT advancements has he made and WHEN did he make them?

demigawd
Originally posted by TheKahn
secondary mutation... whistle

LOL....and third and fourth and fifth and sixth and seventh and eighth mutation...

APOCALYPSE NUR
During Rise of Apoc, Apoc didn't show any teleporting/psionic/flying/energy blasting/invisbility detection abilities

Dude, seriously, you need to read that comic.

He DID levitate, He DID project massive amounts of energy, In fact, he did them both at the same time.

Saul is a bad guy. I might be mistaken, but don't bad guys lie often??? (just a thought).

"Why would Apocalypse have more than one ability?"

.................. What the f**k? What the f**k? confused .........because he's a bad ass villain???..........maybe?????..............yes................yes that's it.

APOCALYPSE NUR
indeed

Good, and thanks for your support. But even wikipedia isn't the best place to get info. on APOCALYPSE.

I don't care, as long as you support APOCALYPSE I support you.

grey fox

He DID levitate, He DID project massive amounts of energy, In fact, he did them both at the same time.

Saul is a bad guy. I might be mistaken, but don't bad guys lie often??? (just a thought).

.................. What the f**k? What the f**k? confused .........because he's a bad ass villain???..........maybe?????..............yes................yes that's it.

What is this the seventies ?

Just because the cowboy is wearing a black hat doesn't mean he's the villain of the story .....

demigawd

In Rise of Apocalypse? He projected energy??? since you're a big fan, you probably have the issue handy. What issue did this happen? I'll look it up, because I remember no such thing...

Saul isn't a bad guy. He's an External. He had no reason to lie about anything.

And Apoc can have as many abilities as he wants...but he's only born with molecular self-control, which by nature precludes the generic psionic abilities that seem to pop up in every one of Apoc's creations. Is it really just a coincidence that every single creation of Apoc has energy projection and psionic abilities, as does Apoc, despite it being in none of their mutant powers?

Mainstream
you know those little cd disk you young people like to listen to with your boom boxes in your cars going ...BOOMA BOOMA CHA CHA BOOMA BOOMA WEEEEESTSIDDE. Apocalypse made them. you know the ketchup bottles that don't get all messy when the ketchup comes out? he made them too. that is why we give thanks to Apocalypse..the first blue african mutant. we black folks are so cool!!!

but seriously I can't think of a one...except the lightening teleport trick he did to get Gazer to his temple from outspace. they chatted about it.

Gazer: I saw a bright light then I was here!how did you do that?

Apocalypse: that is unimportant.

I was kinda surprised Apocalypse didn't gloat about it...all the big name villians love to gloat. Lex, Doom, Magneto, Kingpin, Joker, just to name a few.

demigawd
Well, if no enhancements are named or shown in any of his appearances, then we very well can't just go by what Wikipedia tells us, can we?

Mainstream
Well, if no enhancements are named or shown in any of his appearances, then we very well can't just go by what Wikipedia tells us, can we?

or can we? we'll find out same X time same X channel!!!!

APOCALYPSE NUR
LOL....and third and fourth and fifth and sixth and seventh and eighth mutation...

okay, try and stay with me here:

In the series, they continually announce when young En Sabah Nur manifests a new power (in fact, the ability to control his genetics is his last mutation). a la : "My blood, burning like the sun!!!" 'The fall should be lethal, no doubt-- but another of the young mutant's powers comes forth.'

"Something in him; down past his muscles and bones, into the very fiber of his being BECOMES!!!" -- 'DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!! IF I MUST, I WILL DESTROY ALL THOSE WHO STAND IN MY WAY!!!!!!'

"Ozymandias has seen the colossal wonders of the ancient world. But he has never seen a sight such as this." -- How can this be? His body....pulling apart.....GROWING

"The days grow longer,....I should be dead, yet this body will not die" (4 months)

APOCALYPSE NUR

I know. That's exactly what I'm trying to get you all to see. Ever since the DAMNED twelve saga. (conspiricy)

demigawd
All of which is well and good...that's all part of the same mutant power, as i already explained. The shape-shifting/growing/strength/self-cellular rejuvenation - when you can control every molecule in your body, those are all understandable, so you're not saying anything new...we agree here.

Now tell me about his flying and his psionic powers and his teleportation and his energy projection and his flying in Rise of Apocalypse. Quote them.

TheKahn
In Rise of Apocalypse? He projected energy??? since you're a big fan, you probably have the issue handy. What issue did this happen? I'll look it up, because I remember no such thing...

Saul isn't a bad guy. He's an External. He had no reason to lie about anything.

And Apoc can have as many abilities as he wants...but he's only born with molecular self-control, which by nature precludes the generic psionic abilities that seem to pop up in every one of Apoc's creations. Is it really just a coincidence that every single creation of Apoc has energy projection and psionic abilities, as does Apoc, despite it being in none of their mutant powers?

Here is what I could find:
"Biding his time while he healed, En Sabah Nur worked on the pharaoh's pyramid. While working, he recognized and called out the name of Ozymandias, who, between conquests, was using his time to supervise construction. Outraged at a slave daring to address him by name, he whipped the disguised Nur, who fell from a great height to the ground, far below. Killed by the impact, Nur was astonished to find himself immediately resurrected and visited by a vision of Isis, goddess of the sun. Crackling with energy, En Sabah Nur floated briefly, high enough to be seen by all."

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=84&page=3

demigawd
THAT is what he's referring to? I guess he left out the part the Eye of Ages played in that whole episode, huh? It was the same enhancement that Apoc used to transform Ozymandias.

grey fox
Here is what I could find:
"Biding his time while he healed, En Sabah Nur worked on the pharaoh's pyramid. While working, he recognized and called out the name of Ozymandias, who, between conquests, was using his time to supervise construction. Outraged at a slave daring to address him by name, he whipped the disguised Nur, who fell from a great height to the ground, far below. Killed by the impact, Nur was astonished to find himself immediately resurrected and visited by a vision of Isis, goddess of the sun. Crackling with energy, En Sabah Nur floated briefly, high enough to be seen by all."

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=84&page=3

Meh , that seems to be more for dramatic effect of him ether becoming *snicker* godlike (as if apocalypse ever could be) or because a god is talking through/to him

TheKahn
But it does seem to suggest that Apocalypse may have more inherient abilites than previously suspected.

grey fox
But it does seem to suggest that Apocalypse may have more inherient abilites than previously suspected.

Of course , and my cheese has suddenly jumped off my cracker and is doing the macerana on my keyboard......

demigawd

Like I said...that was all from the Eye of Ages. It was actually a mini Celestial device that enhanced both Apoc and Ozy at the end of the series.

TheKahn
Of course , and my cheese has suddenly jumped off my cracker and is doing the macerana on my keyboard......

Well then, party on Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>