Kyle and Obi versus Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ianus
This is NJO Kyle and ROTS Obi-Wan. Can they take the Dark Lord?

Setting in the bridge of the Death Star II, as seen in ROTJ.

exanda kane
Im not familiar with how strong NJO Kyle is. Can anyone give me some info?

kamikz
Kyle is an ex-bounty hunter who was incredibly skilled with blasters and weapons, even beated Boba Fett. He has gone from force sensetive to non-force sensetive and then back again, that may give him some lack of force experience. But he has some of the power of the valley of the jedi which made him stand up to the strongest dark jedi at that time with about 3 days of practising with his lightsaber and the force. Later he became a master at Lukes academy and became a powerful jedi master. Kyle often mixes between defensive and offensive force powers making him an unpridictable and good fighter. Too tired to post about the fight, I'll do that tomorow.

Ianus
Originally posted by exanda kane
Im not familiar with how strong NJO Kyle is. Can anyone give me some info?

Kyle Katarn was an elite Rebel agent entrusted with some of the most crucial missions of the Rebel Alliance. It was Katarn that single-handedly infiltrated an Imperial installation on Danuta, securing the technical plans of the Empire's Death Star battle station.
A former Imperial, Katarn was born on the Sullustan colony moon of Sulon, living a simple existence as a farmer with his father Morgan. Unaware of his father's Rebel sympathies, Kyle joined the Imperial Academy at Carida. He was indoctrinated and became a decorated Imperial trooper.

While in the Academy, Kyle's father was killed. Official records indicated that the elder Katarn had been murdered by Rebel dissidents. Kyle learned the truth, however, from a Rebel agent named Jan Ors. His father was killed by the Empire for treason. Disgusted with the institution he had joined, Kyle discarded his badges and merits, and cast away his Imperial trappings. He resolved to join the Rebellion.

Kyle became a highly capable and recommended Rebel agent, vouched for by the respected Jan Ors. Kyle drew the attention of no less than Mon Mothma, leader of the Alliance. She entrusted Katarn with that fateful mission to Danuta, and after the Battle of Yavin, Katarn was instrumental in quelling the threat of the Imperial dark trooper project.

Returning to Sulon, Kyle learned that his father had been aiding a refugee effort on the barren world of Ruusan. Morgan had discovered ancient ruins on Ruusan pointing the way to the Valley of the Jedi, the fabled battleground between the ancient Jedi and Sith. The Valley represented a great focal point of energy that if exploited could turn the tide in the perpetual battle between light and dark. Kyle knew that the location of the Valley should never fall into Imperial hands.

Others were already on the path to discovering the Valley, however. The Dark Jedi Jerec and his six henchmen, Gorc, Pic, Maw, Sariss, Boc and Yun, were determined to seize the nexus of power. One by one, Katarn defeated them, though in his aggressive strikes, he came dangerously close to succumbing to the dark side of the Force.

Deep in the Valley of the Jedi, Kyle confronted Jerec, the very man who had killed Morgan Katarn. The two did battle, and when Kyle slew Jerec, he fulfilled an ancient prophecy. The spirits of long-dead Jedi, trapped in the Valley for a thousand years, were finally freed. With this energy unleashed, the Valley of the Jedi's worth as a weapon was effectively eliminated.

Long used to operating independently, Katarn at first refused Luke Skywalker's offer to become a Jedi apprentice. Instead, he continued to serve the Alliance, now the New Republic, on many important missions. After a troubling run-in with the dark side on the forgotten Sith world of Dromund Kaas, Katarn conceded that he would benefit from Skywalker's tutelage, and joined the Jedi Master's fledgling Jedi academy.

Kyle is human male with rugged good looks and an athletic build. He brandishes a green-bladed lightsaber, though he has been known to have access to a veritable arsenal of personal weaponry. He often travels with Jan Ors aboard the battered starship, the Moldy Crow.

Source : SW.com Databank

darthsith19
I don't think so. Obi got pwnd by Dooku and Kale, well, forgive me if what my thoughts on Kalr's level of power is inaccurate but I doubt Kale could beat ROTS Anakin. So it'd be like ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTS Anakin - a little versus smeone I believe is stronger than Dooku. Okay, they might win now that i think about it but I already voted. And if I could change my vote I'm not sure if I would.

Se7in
As much as I love Kyle, and he is incredibly strong, he can't take this. Obi will be cannon fodder for Sidious. Kyle puts up a valiant effort, and with Godmode on he could win, but without it, he loses.

Darth_Glentract
The duo take this. Kyle is close to Dooku on his own. Weaker for sure, but close. Obi-wan will give the extra push to take Dooku down.

SnakeEyes
That would work... If they were fighting Dooku...

Darth_Glentract
lol. wow. I can't believe I did that.

SnakeEyes
laughing That's alright; we all make mistakes.

exanda kane
So can anyone body actually tell me how powerful NJO Kyle is; I know everything about him before NJO...but during and after...no idea...

Darth Faunus
I'd say the Empeor, although he'd be extremely hard-pressed to do so. Obi-Wan is an amazing duelist himself, and would give Sidious fits with his mastery of Soresu. And Kyle, being into the 'Unifying Force' theory, wouldn't hold back at all. This would be a terribly hard fight, and one that could conceivably go either way, but I think Palpatine's mastery of the Dark Side and his tendency for 'dirty' fighting win the day for him.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I'd say the Empeor, although he'd be extremely hard-pressed to do so. Obi-Wan is an amazing duelist himself, and would give Sidious fits with his mastery of Soresu. And Kyle, being into the 'Unifying Force' theory, wouldn't hold back at all. This would be a terribly hard fight, and one that could conceivably go either way, but I think Palpatine's mastery of the Dark Side and his tendency for 'dirty' fighting win the day for him.

Personally, I agree that this battle could go either way. Individually, he is more powerful than either opponent, but Kyle is a damn powerful Jedi in his own right, and so is Obi-Wan. But, Sidious is superior to Obi-Wan in saber ability and Force aptitude by far, so he'd serve, really, as a mild distraction. Obi-Wan can't contend with Sidious, unless Kyle really helps him out. Obi-Wan will die in this, perhaps as easily as Dooku took him out. Kyle might take advantage of the oppourtinity and slay Sidious or the Dark Lord might be too tired to keep on. I'd say Sidious, simply because - as you said - he fights dirty.

Darth Faunus
Well, Kyle really isn't that much better than Obi-Wan. I doubt that he'd last much longer against Sidious than Obi-Wan, let alone defeat him.

exanda kane
I think Obi-Wan could easily hold Sidious at bay unless Sidious fights dirty (which is likely). If Kyle is as powerful as you say he is in NJO, then he should be able to take out Sidious, although this could go either way...

Escape81
Originally posted by exanda kane
I think Obi-Wan could easily hold Sidious at bay unless Sidious fights dirty (which is likely). If Kyle is as powerful as you say he is in NJO, then he should be able to take out Sidious, although this could go either way...

To quote Yoda, "Strong enough to take on Lord Sidious, you are not." Sidious is, at the very least, as powerful as Count Dooku, who wasted Obi-Wan in melee combat. Sidious's saber skills are not as refined as Dooku's, but aren't leagues beneath him either. He is by far the more powerful Force user, and I wouldn't wager Obi-Wan could defeat him in a saber duel. Obi-Wan would probably last as long as he did against Dooku. 1-2 minutes.

exanda kane
Look at my post again. "hold Sidious at bay" not defeat him. Obi-Wan is a supremely proficient defensive fighter (and althought I did you 'easily' perhaps unwisely there) he could hold Sidious at bay.

Perhaps Obi-Wan is stronger defensively than Mace, which may be true, and Mace was able to hold back Sidious force-lightning.

truejedi
Problem is, Obi wan isn't much good fighting with a team member, his defensive genius, and ability to parry any strike is useful only to him if he isn't attacking, like he would have to if he and kyle were to attack sidious, two being on the defensive against one wouldn't work.

exanda kane
So Kyle goes DS again and attacks some crap.

jollyjim311
You guys call it dirty fghting, I call it smart. big grin

Sidious lives to see another day...Well, actually, since they are on the DS and that doesn't rotate... No day or night... oh well.

exanda kane
To be honest, I still can't make a fair judgement on this match-up because no one can actually tell me how powerful NJO Kyle is!

SS_181st_Snow
How many Jedi Prophecies are there!? I'm still convinced Kyle's the Chosen One, not Anakin.

As for the fight itself, it can go either way. Most likely, Sids would do what he did to Mace, and play weak to test their power. Obi-Wan would be hard pressed, as Palps isn't as blind as Anakin. Kyle's mixing of force powers may help, if he can do like Yoda and get a force while Sids is attacking Obi-Wan, then they could move in for the kill, unless palps gets up.

The Creator
WTF! Kyle Katarn? What makes you think its him and you do know GL has stated Anakin is the chosen one.

SS_181st_Snow
I don't care what GL says, I'm not a mindless zombie. And it clearly says Katarn fufilled a prophecy. Maybe there's more than one, I dunno, but I stand by what I believe.

exanda kane
And where did you read this?

SS_181st_Snow
Did you even READ what Ianus posted? "Deep in the Valley of the Jedi, Kyle confronted Jerec, the very man who had killed Morgan Katarn. The two did battle, and when Kyle slew Jerec, he fulfilled an ancient prophecy."

exanda kane
No I did not read that nor can i be bothered. Where did Ianus get it from?

And btw Jerec is not a Sith. He is a Dark Jedi. That is quite clear.

SS_181st_Snow
He got it from the SW databank. And technically, balance would be achived there, but in a different perspective. If kyle was light, then the power would be released to the light, but if he were dark, then he'd have all the power for himself. It's balance either way, tilted in the favor of either light or dark.

exanda kane
Balance in the force refers to the destruction of the Sith specifically. And although I do see the point you are trying make but there are still Dark Jedi left after the Jerec. Jerec's death did not bring balance.

SS_181st_Snow
Well, maybe it was a prohpecy that Bane or someone wrote. This kinda thing drives me nuts, when I don't have any info on the prophecy itself.

exanda kane
What I can vaguely remember is that it says 'Bring balance to the force' but then thats just general knowledge. However, I am sure someone such as Yoda or Windu tell that it refers to the Sith.

I have no idea who wrote the prophecy yet I doubt Bane would. He is described as brutish and I doubt he would make a prophecy about his own Orders downfall with his personality.

SS_181st_Snow
Y'never know, maybe there are many prophecies, we just need more info. -.-' Let's go boycott Lucas to release some info and consider it Canon for these filmfanboys

exanda kane
GL shifty I hate that guy!

Veneficus
Originally posted by The Creator
WTF! Kyle Katarn? What makes you think its him and you do know GL has stated Anakin is the chosen one.

Hate to burst your bubble...but we do not know if Anakin is the chosen one or not...

exanda kane
GL does describe him as such thought (the fat turkey-necked git!).

Ianus
I think GL, in a typical moment, went ahead and said Anakin was the Chosen One in the interview.

exanda kane
Can anybody give me some realisation of how powerful a NJO Kyle is still?

Darth_Glentract
He was pretty good. Just look at the people he has defeated and such.

Personally, I'd put him as 4th in NJO.

Luke
Kyp
Corran
Kyle

exanda kane
Phew. Finally someone tells me. Thankyee kindly Glentract.

Darth_Glentract
No problem. Ganner and Jacen are very close though. By DN, he's probably 5th, with Jacen ahead of him and maybe even Corran and Kyp.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
No problem. Ganner and Jacen are very close though. By DN, he's probably 5th, with Jacen ahead of him and maybe even Corran and Kyp.

By the end of the war with the Vong, Jacen is considered the most powerful warrior ever. Kinda ironic, because he didn't want to be a warrior in the first place. He is more powerful than luke. It makes it pretty clear at the very end of the series, or at least the way he is using the force is giving him more power than luke. Katarn is more powerful than luke too, if you believe the game (which is where katarn came from in the first place)
however, katarn seems a lot less powerful in the NJO.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by truejedi
By the end of the war with the Vong, Jacen is considered the most powerful warrior ever. Kinda ironic, because he didn't want to be a warrior in the first place. He is more powerful than luke. It makes it pretty clear at the very end of the series, or at least the way he is using the force is giving him more power than luke. Katarn is more powerful than luke too, if you believe the game (which is where katarn came from in the first place)
however, katarn seems a lot less powerful in the NJO.

Jacen temporarily gets stronger than Luke, but it says that Jacen knows that he will never be able to enter that state again. Ganner did the same thing, as well as Anakin.

Katarn appears to do better than Luke in JA, but is actually far weaker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.