Darth Revan runs the gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
... with forty-five minutes of rest between each battle. How far does he make it?
1. Quinlin Vos
2. ROTS Obi-Wan
3. Asajj Ventress and Durge
4. CDarth Tyranus
5. Yoda
6. NJO Luke
7. Darth Maul and Darth Sidious

Darth_Glentract
Gets to Yoda.

Se7in
1. Quinlan Vos

Revan take this with minimal effort.

2. ROTS Obi-Wan

A little harder than Quinlan, but still in the bag.

3. Asajj Ventress and Durge

This might run him a little. Durge is a handful, and Asajj is no lightweight. He can take it, but he's gonna need a breather.

4. Darth Tyranus

He's a challenge for Revan. Granted Revan has greater Force powers, Tyranus is a saber master. He can take it, but not without combining effort, strategy, and his Force powers.

5. Yoda

This one is difficult. Revan would have to either win really fast, before Yoda gets warmed up, or after a really long fight, where Yoda can't sustain his Ataru any longer. I say Revan could take it, but he's gonna feel it in the morning.

6. NJO Luke

He loses.

7. Darth Maul and Darth Sidious

Might make it. With luck and everything I mentioned before, he could if he eliminates or effectively seperates Maul from Sidious.

jollyjim311
With only 45 minutes... I say he loses after a winded fight to Tyranus or Loses early in the fight against Yoda.

Illustrious
45 isn't a lot of rest. A tired and weary Revan will likely fall to Yoda. But if he does beat Yoda, Sidious and Maul aren't that much bigger of a threat to him than Yoda alone.

jollyjim311
I disagree that Maul and Sids aren't more of a threat than Yoda, but I need not debate it because we both know that even if Revan made it past Yoda, Revan would bear serious scars and die against the Sith relatively quickly.

SnakeEyes
At best, I say he makes it to Yoda.

Veneficus
This is an unablanced thread...

Darth Faunus
1. Quinlan Vos: He defeats Vos after a relatively short duel.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi: Revan overcomes Obi-Wan after a comparitively frustrating duel. The Soresu Master won't go down all that easily.

3. Ventress and Durge: These two would be a pain, but he'd take them, too. They'd be a beastly team, but he could likely incapacitate Durge with a few well-placed thrusts or Force powers, and Ventress would fall within a half-minute's worth of focused dueling. He could then proceed to hack apart Durge, and do whatever he wished with the living remains.

4. Lord Tyranus: Sith Lord against Sith Lord. To be honest, I don't think Revan is that much better of a duelist than Dooku. You can't really do much better than a swordsman who has mastered a form created for the purpose of dueling. Revan takes Dooku with a good deal of difficulty.

5. Master Yoda: Revan's advance end here. Arguably capable of defeating Revan even during the Sith's better days, Yoda takes out the Dark Lord. i doubt Revan would be devastatingly exhausted, considering that he would likely be able to engage himself in a healing trance, or meditation. But he would be feeling noticeable amounts of fatigue, and that won't bode well for him when he duels the most powerful being of an era.

6. Luke Skywalker: He won't make it here. Even in peak condition, Revan would fall to Luke. Forget about after he's engaged in combat against Tyranus and Yoda.

7. Darth Sidious and Darth Maul: He won't make it here. Although it would be possible for him to defeat the duo in prime condition, if he's fought past Luke, he's going to be on the brink of fatal exhaustion.

My final verdict? Darth Revan would fall at Master Yoda.

Ianus
Yah, I agree with that verdict.

Jack O'Neil
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
1. Quinlan Vos: He defeats Vos after a relatively short duel.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi: Revan overcomes Obi-Wan after a comparitively frustrating duel. The Soresu Master won't go down all that easily.

3. Ventress and Durge: These two would be a pain, but he'd take them, too. They'd be a beastly team, but he could likely incapacitate Durge with a few well-placed thrusts or Force powers, and Ventress would fall within a half-minute's worth of focused dueling. He could then proceed to hack apart Durge, and do whatever he wished with the living remains.

4. Lord Tyranus: Sith Lord against Sith Lord. To be honest, I don't think Revan is that much better of a duelist than Dooku. You can't really do much better than a swordsman who has mastered a form created for the purpose of dueling. Revan takes Dooku with a good deal of difficulty.

5. Master Yoda: Revan's advance end here. Arguably capable of defeating Revan even during the Sith's better days, Yoda takes out the Dark Lord. i doubt Revan would be devastatingly exhausted, considering that he would likely be able to engage himself in a healing trance, or meditation. But he would be feeling noticeable amounts of fatigue, and that won't bode well for him when he duels the most powerful being of an era.

6. Luke Skywalker: He won't make it here. Even in peak condition, Revan would fall to Luke. Forget about after he's engaged in combat against Tyranus and Yoda.

7. Darth Sidious and Darth Maul: He won't make it here. Although it would be possible for him to defeat the duo in prime condition, if he's fought past Luke, he's going to be on the brink of fatal exhaustion.

My final verdict? Darth Revan would fall at Master Yoda.

I agree with his verdict

Stratigo
hmmmm I don't know, Revan was a very powerful sith lord. And the jedi of old tended to be better dualers. Though Yoda is great to wacth fight and might take it, I mean he literally bounces around. Skywalker won't stand a chance though. Sidious and Maul, well maybe. If maul concentrates on distracting revan enought to have Sidious fry him.

Illustrious
how exactly would NJO Luke not stand a chance? NJO Luke is one of the most broken characters in the entire SWU.

Darkseid
I.....Agreeee! with the verdict Yoda wins

Stratigo
Originally posted by Illustrious
how exactly would NJO Luke not stand a chance? NJO Luke is one of the most broken characters in the entire SWU.

Well indeed he is powerful, I don't think he is all that uber. Hell he didn't really do much in the NJO except sit there. In the last few books he started to do crap, but the vong could still swamp him. I personally think the bouncing green man(aka Yoda) would of gone through all those vong with relative ease.

Jack O'Neil
How many Yuuzhan Vong did Luke defeat?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Gets to Yoda.
That's what I thought.

Sidious and Yoda are roughly on the same level so Maul would add some trouble. And Revan'd have to be good at fighting two opponents at once.

Please explain.

I say it goes like this:
Quinlin Vos: Quinlin attempts to put up a fight but all effort is in vain as Revan kills him with relative ease.
Obi-Wan: Puts up a bit more of a challenge and tries a few tricks, prolonging the duel, but nothing revan can't handle.
Durge and Asajj: He slices Durge up (all he has to do is beat Durge, not kill him, so) which takes some time since he has to fend of Asajj too but after Durge's gone he pwns Asajj.
Tyranus: Now he is a bit tired and Tyranus is a good opponent but after a whule he wins.
Revan: Even after facing all the other opponents Revan puts up a good fight but Yoda manages to pull this off, finishing Revan.

Illustrious
Originally posted by darthsith19
Sidious and Yoda are roughly on the same level so Maul would add some trouble. And Revan'd have to be good at fighting two opponents at once.

If only fighting worked in "levels" wouldn't it? Actually, Yoda had the advantage during the entire saber sequence, it wasn't until Sidious took the high ground that he began to gain the advantage.

Also, Maul is practically a nonfactor, he would get killed relatively fast and painlessly by someone his level. Also, Yoda's size can pose trouble, few people are ready to defend against the angles he attacks with. Is it slightly harder? Yes, but it's hardly anything significant.

darthsith19
If only fighting worked in "levels" wouldn't it? Actually, Yoda had the advantage during the entire saber sequence, it wasn't until Sidious took the high ground that he began to gain the advantage.

Also, Maul is practically a nonfactor, he would get killed relatively fast and painlessly by someone his level. Also, Yoda's size can pose trouble, few people are ready to defend against the angles he attacks with. Is it slightly harder? Yes, but it's hardly anything significant.
Sidious wasn't winning till he had the high ground, but what makes you think Yoda had the advantage? it looked exactly even to me. And Sidious did gain the advantage when he gained the high ground. Whoch was a fair move. Maul might be small in power compared to Yoda and Sidious but enough that he and Sidious together would beat Yoda for sure.

Illustrious
Sidious wasn't winning till he had the high ground, but what makes you think Yoda had the advantage? it looked exactly even to me. And Sidious did gain the advantage when he gained the high ground. Whoch was a fair move. Maul might be small in power compared to Yoda and Sidious but enough that he and Sidious together would beat Yoda for sure.

Too bad we aren't talking about A > B, and B > C so A > C. This isn't discrete mathematics with lightsabers.

It's not like Revan hasn't fought multiple opponents before, or that someone like Maul would pose him a huge threat. Like I said, most individuals are unused to Yoda attacking at various angles and directions, that could cause Revan problems. Revan has the precog to block most conventional attacks.

And the evidence for Yoda winning the saber duel is in the script. Not to mention Sidious initially attempted to run.

darthsith19
Too bad we aren't talking about A > B, and B > C so A > C. This isn't discrete mathematics with lightsabers.

It's not like Revan hasn't fought multiple opponents before, or that someone like Maul would pose him a huge threat. Like I said, most individuals are unused to Yoda attacking at various angles and directions, that could cause Revan problems. Revan has the precog to block most conventional attacks.

And the evidence for Yoda winning the saber duel is in the script. Not to mention Sidious initially attempted to run.
As Sorgo would say when we use the script, "To bad that didn't happen in the movie." And Yoda's small, but that doesn't give him an advantage. Size matters not. And everyone fights differently.

Illustrious
As Sorgo would say when we use the script, "To bad that didn't happen in the movie." And Yoda's small, but that doesn't give him an advantage. Size matters not. And everyone fights differently.

Thanks for making my point for me. Everyone does fight differently, and Yoda seems to have a better style to tackle Revan than Maul and Sidious, which is what I've been arguing the whole time.

Darth Faunus
He's not one to catch on quickly, Illustrious. Don't bother.

darthsith19
Thanks for making my point for me. Everyone does fight differently, and Yoda seems to have a better style to tackle Revan than Maul and Sidious, which is what I've been arguing the whole time.
LOL, right.

BTW, who the hell voted for Quinlin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.