Who was the next sith? If any...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bloigen
GL made 9 Star wars.
In ROTJ every sith is killed so who is the sith that is in the seventh, eight, and ninth? Or instead of a sith is it a story of the Jedi's coping?

General Bondius
There are no siths, but several dark jedis, and a hell lot of empire su kick ass still.

Darth Koroni
Palpatine and Vader were only Sith by name, they were not trained by any of the ancient Sith empire, or any who were trained by those. They were really just a pair of Dark Jedi giving themselves the title of Sith to dstance themselves from the Jedi.

Ushgarak
That's not even vaguely true- they are as true a Sith as you can get. GL specifically designed them so.

Jack O'Neil
How are you saying that Sidious and Vader weren't Sith when GL made them to be the last of the Sith Lords?

And I read that in 7, 8, 9 (if any) Luke fell to the dark side but Leia brought him back.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Jack O'Neil
How are you saying that Sidious and Vader weren't Sith when GL made them to be the last of the Sith Lords?

And I read that in 7, 8, 9 (if any) Luke fell to the dark side but Leia brought him back.

You happen to read Supershadow?

Jack O'Neil
No. SS says some bull **** about them making a whole bunch of Vader clones or something like that.

Decay
the luke turning thing if from when the emperor somes back in dark empire i think it was, and luke becomes his apprentice to try and destroy the sith from within but cant manage to break away from the pull of the dark side and leia eventually helps him.

vader and sidious are sith. the comics about the ancient sith annoy me becuase of all these stupidly overpowered things they could do. but we dont know that sidious wouldnt wipe out a battleship using the force. he never had reason to before he was emperor, and then he had about a million other ships of his own to do it for him. just becuase he didnt use force lightning in ep one doesnt mean he cant. he just didnt have reason.

i like to think that the comics set then were half true and kind of detail the origin of the sith but some of its just exaduration and meaningless. sidious is supposedly the only sith in two thousand years who could return the sith to power. so hes about as powerful as they come.

anyway, as for the next sith if there ever was one, id say one of palpatines hands would track down some sith holocrons or something and begin studying them in secret before taking an apprentice and teaching them..

Veneficus
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's not even vaguely true- they are as true a Sith as you can get. GL specifically designed them so.

Actually no. They are Sith but only becuase they follow the Sith ideal. Guys like Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were true Sith in race and ideal because they were members of the Sith specieces.

Darth Jello
well, in the EU, the only official one left is Shira Brie who was dubbed Darth Lumiya, dark lady of the sith behind Sidious' back.

bobcrickett
There IS no 7-8-9, by the way. stick out tongue

Dark Empire or The Thrawn Trilogy would be the only reasonable ones to turn into movies, if it happened, though. The Thrawn Trilogy definitely so, and it lacked a Sith Lord, just Mara Jade, who joined the good guys in the end.

overlord
There aren't going to be movies about EU books. Lucas didn't allow pre SW books to be written and he did allow books for after episode 6. Therefor he can't make sequels because it would contradict and screw up star wars and if he would suddenly use the books they would suck on the big screen, trust me.

henniestevens
I would still like to see the movies

Decay
i wouldnt mind seeing dark empire as a movie, just for the hell of it. not as a major star wars thing just maybe a single movie set in an alternate star wars universe like all the eu stuff. it wont happen but it would be neat. i always loved palpatine.

Tangible God
Racially, Vader and Palp's weren't Sith, neither were any Sith since Sadow. But they had Sith teachings and Sith knowledge, so they can be called Sith.

Captain REX
Pfft, racially, no one had been a Sith since the ethnic clensing of Korriban and Ziost. Anyone suggesting that Palpatine and Vader were not true Sith Lords is a damnable fool.

Darth Jello
I'm guessing that Lumiya probaby found a certain cryogenically frozen container from the clone wars and probably trained Assajj Ventress as her new apprentice in some upcoming novels or whatever.

Darth Traya
Palpatine and Vader are followers of an ideal, but they are not actually Sith.

overlord
Then what are they?
Lucas intended them to be warriors of the sith clan. And so it will be. evil face

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Veneficus
Actually no. They are Sith but only becuase they follow the Sith ideal. Guys like Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were true Sith in race and ideal because they were members of the Sith specieces.

That is overridden by GL, who created the Sith not as a species but as a continuous line. Sidious and Vader are the extension of that line.

They are true Sith; any digression from that is incorrect.

GL says they are Sith, they are Sith- no truer Sith can they be. That's all there is to it.

Ianus
And where exactly does the idea of a Sith race directly contradict GL's word?

Ushgarak
It doesn't- although GL's disucssions of the origins of the Sith contain no reference to a race being involved, so it is suspect.

What is in contradiction is saying that they are not True Sith. If you think there is a Sith race that can be the only spource of being 'True', you are therefore in contradiction.

Ianus
That depends on your definition of True Sith. Racially, it would be correct. Ideologically, incorrect.

Decay
i like to see things in terms of what george lucas intends them to be. its obvious that they are true sith lords, and very very powerful ones. i hate it when its obvious that hes trying to show something and people will make a big essay full of comic references and obscure eu trivia and dont just look at how the movies are intended to be interpreted.

Ushgarak
GL's description of True Sith is the only important one- Sidious and Vader fit the bill.

Indeed so, Decay.

Tangible God
I can act Japanese all I want, but I'm not Japanese by race.

Same with Sith. S and V were true Sith, but not the Racially pure Sith as in the Ancients. They came first so any Sith after them is one of two things:

1.) Some descendant of the Ancient Sith line who is trained in the Sith ways, like Sadow's long-lost heir or w/e.

2.) Someone who is trained in the Sith ideals and practises, and IS, by title and knowledge, a Sith. But they are not blood-tied to the First Sith which started it all.

Practically, every Sith who followed after the Hyeprspace War was #2.

Ushgarak
But as far as GL is concerned, 'Sith' is not a matter of birth. It's just an organisation you join.

overlord
Let's just keep it at clan shall we? shifty

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, in the EU, the only official one left is Shira Brie who was dubbed Darth Lumiya, dark lady of the sith behind Sidious' back.

Correct but it is Dark Lady Lumiya not Darth Lumiya.

Ianus
Originally posted by Ushgarak
But as far as GL is concerned, 'Sith' is not a matter of birth. It's just an organisation you join.

You do realize you're in an EU section, right?

The Sith race exists in EU, therefore for those who include EU in their knowledge of Star Wars note that there is a Sith race. It does not directly contradict the higher levels of canon and GL hasn't come out and said that Sith is only a club you join in.

True Sith = Sith race, following Sith ideals.

Sith = Followers of Sith ideals, not neccessarily of the Sith race.

Delta 62
I never did care for the events of the Dark Horse comics..or for 7, 8, and 9 I suppose. I've always pretended this little bit of history never happened.

starwarsrules14
The next sith would be Darth Amidala! Risen from the dead to seek revenge on all who did not support her campaigns! Brutely killing all the Gungans and Nemoidians! Beware!

I honestly have no idea who would be the next sith.

ArthasKnight
Look, the whole idea of the 'True Sith' is EU (yes, I am aware this is the EU section, but I'm talking about the movies here). The Sith, as we know them to be in the movies, are the dark Force users: Sidious, Maul, Dooku, and Vader. There is no mention of the 'True Sith' in the movies, so they don't exist. So therefore, we have no reason to believe that Sidious and Vader are any less Sith than any Sith that came before them.

Ianus
By that logic Exar Kun doesn't exist because he wasn't mentioned in movie.

Tangible God
Neither did the IE, or the Ancients, or Nadd, or Revan's/Malak's Sith, or the Mandalorians, or Bane, or the Yuuzhan Vong, or ALL OF EU FOR THAT FACT. Know why? Because EU is one big spin-off series from the movies.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Veneficus
GL made up the Sith. GL made Sidious and Vader the Sith. Anyone else that says Sidious and Vader are not True Sith needs to be shot

Ianus
Well, EU is technically a parallel universe. So long as it doesn't contradict the movies on a scale that would make the movies themselves not fit the timeline, it stands. Saying that GL's word (or rather, your interpretation of GL's comments and your idea of what his idea is) means there can be no true Sith is a bit... off.

bobcrickett
Originally posted by Ianus
You do realize you're in an EU section, right?

The Sith race exists in EU, therefore for those who include EU in their knowledge of Star Wars note that there is a Sith race. It does not directly contradict the higher levels of canon and GL hasn't come out and said that Sith is only a club you join in.

True Sith = Sith race, following Sith ideals.

Sith = Followers of Sith ideals, not neccessarily of the Sith race.

Someone was saying earlier that Vader and Palpatine were not Sith, like, at all. That's what he's arguing against, because that's just stupid to say.

There is no 'true Sith' thing, seeing as the Sith race weren't the evil guys until the Dark Jedi came anyway. Technically, a true Sith SHOULD be the ideal, because it started with offworlders and renegade Jedi Knights.

Ianus
Good point there.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Ianus
By that logic Exar Kun doesn't exist because he wasn't mentioned in movie.

You're absolutely right. In the movie universe, Exar Kun didn't exist. Why? Because he's not mentioned. There is no reference to the Ancient/True Sith at all. We have no reason to believe they exist anywhere besides EU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.