Exar Kun runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Illustrious
I feel like getting in on this.

All fights are on Nar Shaddaa. Kun gets 3 hours between each fight to rest, heal, and study holocrons of his next opponent, how far does he get? Fatigue does not play a factor -- injuries do.

1- Darth Maul

2- Darth Vader

3- ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan

4- Count Dooku

5- Darth Sidious

6- Mace Windu

7- Yoda

8- NJO Luke

9- Ulic

10- Freedon Nadd

11- Naga Sadow

12- Marka Ragnos

Ianus
Nadd owns him.

Se7in
I agree. If he beats NJO Luke, he beats Ulic, but loses at Nadd.

Illustrious
Yeah, I don't believe he's getting past Nadd either. If he gets nicked up in the early rounds, he could possibly lose to Ulic too, though I doubt it. I would be surprised if he didn't at least get to Nadd.

Ianus
Cool that you left the Marka Ragnos up there for those in denial about Kun.

Illustrious
I very much doubt he gets by Sadow if he does manage to slip past Nadd.

And can we consider Ragnos to wield the scepter in JA as 'official'? That was a sick weapon.

Ianus
Well it depends on who's favorite character is on the line, whether or not JA is Eu canon. You know how that goes. KOTOR has an off/on canon policy too.

Illustrious
Yeah, I have to agree, but just going by ingame abilities (not gameplay, the abilities are universal), that scepter has to be one of the great personal weapons in the SWU. It would be fitting if someone like Ragnos wielded it.

Otherwise, I don't know where people get the idea it's an 8 foot bastard sword he carries.

Ianus
Ragnos mod for JKA I believe. Shows him with a huge friggin sword.

DrDoom101
gauntlets spread rapantly like a disease.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Illustrious
I feel like getting in on this.

All fights are on Nar Shaddaa. Kun gets 3 hours between each fight to rest, heal, and study holocrons of his next opponent, how far does he get? Fatigue does not play a factor -- injuries do.

1- Darth Maul

2- Darth Vader

3- ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan

4- Count Dooku

5- Darth Sidious

6- Mace Windu

7- Yoda

8- NJO Luke

9- Ulic

10- Freedon Nadd

11- Naga Sadow

12- Marka Ragnos
He beats Maul for sure (Maul's just a warm up) Vader isn't much more of a challenge. Obi and Ani are a bit more of a challenge but he pulls it off. Dooku's not to difficult. I actually think he might lose to Sidious, but probably not. After beating Sidious he is well able to beat Mace. Again at Yoda he has some real trouble, but manages to win. I say NJO Luke takes him down.

Darth Faunus
You think Exar Kun would lose at Sidious? WTF?

IKC
No incarnation of Sidious could come close to Exar Kun. I believe he can take Nadd, but Sadow and Ragnos are very much unknown quantities in my opinion, so it's up in the air to me.

Darth Faunus
I'm actually of the mind that he falls at Skywalker. If he does manage to make it past Luke, which I highly, highly doubt, he'll be quickly felled by Nadd. The said Sith Master would likely defeat Kun any day, and if Exar has just fought through Luke, he's going to have some fresh wounds.

Ianus
Originally posted by darthsith19
He beats Maul for sure (Maul's just a warm up) Vader isn't much more of a challenge. Obi and Ani are a bit more of a challenge but he pulls it off. Dooku's not to difficult. I actually think he might lose to Sidious, but probably not. After beating Sidious he is well able to beat Mace. Again at Yoda he has some real trouble, but manages to win. I say NJO Luke takes him down.

Lose to Sidious? Do you know anything about Exar Kun?

Darth Traya
Exar would obliterate Sidious, with comic ease.

Illustrious
Yeah, Sidious wouldn't be laughing for very long though.

Illustrious
Originally posted by IKC
No incarnation of Sidious could come close to Exar Kun. I believe he can take Nadd, but Sadow and Ragnos are very much unknown quantities in my opinion, so it's up in the air to me.

They may well be "unknown" in that we can't quantify them, but we do know where the floor is, and it's almost certainly higher than a later Sith Lord like Kun. Hence, Golden Age of the Sith, the "godlike" Sith, and "the most powerful of the most powerful."

Escape81
Exar Kun... lose... to Sidious? ROTS? Ha... ha... ha...

Okay. Sidious is very powerful by ROTS standards, but he'd be facing one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time, and someone who ranks in the Top Ten in sheer ability. This is the same Kun who would wipe his ass with Yoda and Dooku simultaneously. Sidious would need something bigger than a fricken pod to save him from Kun.

IKC, DE Sidious is close to Kun... but only in Force power.

Illustrious
Sidious would need a Death Star to save his arse, and even then he better get it well defended.

Escape81
I'd say a Death Star and the Imperial Starfleet. stick out tongue

darthsith19
Damn, everyone around here underestimates Sidious. he beat Yoda for crying out loud. And I didn't say Exar'd lose, I said it'd be close. And yes, I do know stuff about Kun, thank you very much.

Ianus
Exar Kun >>>> PT Jedi.

It is nowhere near close. Kun's beaten the snot out of lightsaber grandmasters before, people of more power than even Yoda. To say that Sidious (Who was handed his ass in lightsaber combat by Mace AND Yoda) could contend with a legendary lightsaber duellist of an unknown style is hubris.

Escape81
Originally posted by darthsith19
Damn, everyone around here underestimates Sidious. he beat Yoda for crying out loud. And I didn't say Exar'd lose, I said it'd be close. And yes, I do know stuff about Kun, thank you very much.

Darthsith, I do not underestimate Sidious. Indeed, I think since Faunus shed his piece, Janus and Sorgo have learned to see the Dark Lord in a different light. Sidious, no matter how powerful he is, is simply no match for Exar Kun, who made buildings 'tremble' with sheer power. Sidious is my favorite Sith Lord, because of his unrivaled intellect and cunning. But will this be enough to warrant him a victory? No.

Illustrious
I think it should be made real clear that Sidious would need to distract Kun with nekkid Padme before he can win.

Darth Faunus
I forgot about that one! Leverage!

Considering Anakin's all but Palp's puppet, the old geyser could manipulate him into giving up his woman! Then, Palpatine could use her as an instakill in all his battles!

Pwn3d!!

Ianus
Sidious-Anakin pedastriac relationship?

Illustrious
It's very possible.

Great Vengeance
Kun gets slain by Vader...*runs for the hills*

Lord Darkstar
*pursues with pitchforks*

I think that Kun gets stopped at either Ulic or Nadd

Darth_Glentract
NJO Luke stops him. Luke is about his equal anyway and the previous seven fights will tire him enough to give Luke the win, I think.

Illustrious
Not if he doesn't get injured. I said already that fatigue is a factor. And he gets a couple hours to watch holocrons of Luke fighting. Kun's a smart guy, he should be able to get past it.

Darth_Glentract
Force Users who exert themselves a lot automatically are damaged. Their cells start to break down and they have to not use the force very much for a while to let the cells rebuild. This is why Jedi and Sith can't use force lightning constantly or fly because they need to let the cells rebuild. I don't think three hours will be enough to help Kun. You might call this fatigue though, and if so, Exar will still probably lose. I imagine Yoda being able to get a few slashes on him.

Ianus
Uh, can I see some canon evidence of their cells breaking down? You need to stop this dragging crap out of the Abuss and not citing, it's driving me nuts.

Darth_Glentract
Dark Nest Trilogy.

Ianus
I hate that series now.

Illustrious
No fatigue basically means he shows up at the next match fully ready to fight, minus any injuries. (for example, if he gets his arm hacked off, he doesn't regrow it for the next match).

jollyjim311
I also say Luke stops him, I say they are on par and Kun, no matter how few and insignificant his injuries may be, will be at a disadvantage.

Brotz
Exar Kun would defeat DE Sidious, but his injuries would start to make a difference during his fight with Skywalker. Kun would lose at 8.

If it was ROTS Sidious, I'd say Exar Kun would win that one, but Ulic Qel-Droma would either give Kun injuries that would make him lose to Freedon Nadd, or Exar Kun has a 50/50 chance against Freedon Nadd or Naga Sadow, and if Kun was injured, it's over for him.

If Kun gets to 12, he'd put up a great duel against Ragnos, but in the end, Ragnos would be the victor.

jollyjim311
Thanks, we would have never known without you.

ssj3gohan007
i say NJO luke has this he is just as powerful as exar kun, he took down marka ragnos spirit, even if exar has no injuries luke still has a chance of winning, and most likely there will be injuries. especially if all those guys fought exar at the same bloody time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.