Top Gun 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
I heard that there was going to be a sequel to Top Gun. Val Kilmer wants to do it, but Tom Cruise doesn't. It would be cool to see them together again.

Wolfie
I'd like to see a classic that Hollywood doesn't try to make a sequel or a remake of.

Mando
No, just no. I really don't want a sequel. I've had enough of great films with crappy sequels. Just leave this one alone. Tony Scott, if you are reading this, please do the smart thing and leave it alone.

cain marko
what ok top gun is a classic but alot of it cummon i want that great i agree a sequel would ruin it. it would also remind everyone there was even a first!

justdecent
tom cruise has a pretty damn good track record with sequels though.

Myth
Right, a Top Gun sequel. Whats next? Goonies 2? Oh.... wait.

lordofwar

Dark_as_Knight
First off, Scott himself said there wasn't going to be a sequal. The first one was way too expensive. They went over budget making the first one. Also, they had to get government persmission to use an active aircraft carrier, and an active military base/flight academy. With the problems going with Iraq, the government would probably not grant it. Even if they didn't use the activee air craft carrier... they used most of the airial shots in the making of the first movie. There are no shots left to use. And "Dog Fight" would not workout, because Maverick becomes an flight instructor, and although his chracter would still be active in the navy, the likelyhood of them dragging him into fighting would not really work. Now don't get me wrong... I absolutely LOVE Top Gun... but the fact that they never made a sequal works as a teaser.

alic88
Times have changed. Nowadays they spend 100's of millions for crappy sequels, hint( terminator 3)

Dark_as_Knight
true, but tony scott , don simpson, and jerry bruckheimer aren't exactly three guys who would waste their times doing crappy movies. their careers are way past the point of doing something crappy. i don't think they'd agree to do another sequal unless it was going to be as good or better than the first. there isn't a lot to work with for a sequal to top gun, therefore i doubt there will be a sequal. and if they are doing one... i wanna know where and when they're casting because they'll need young new actors to play the pilots Mav and Ice will be training.

Myth
Yeah, why would Bruckheimer waste time doing a shitty movie.

Oh wait, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Kangaroo Jack and drumroll............. King Arthur!

Dark_as_Knight
Armageddon and peal harbor weren't shitty... i wasn't even aware that kangaroo jack was his. someone should beat him for that one.

Solo
OMG, I've been waiting for this one for soooo long.

KillTheLight
Originally posted by lordofwar
I heard that there was going to be a sequel to Top Gun. Val Kilmer wants to do it, but Tom Cruise doesn't. It would be cool to see them together again.

Val Kilmer wants to do it cause he's a washed up hack..top gun is way overrated anyway..I've never saw what the fuss was about

Solo
Originally posted by KillTheLight
Val Kilmer wants to do it cause he's a washed up hack
Not necessarily, he's been in two critically acclaimed movies lately: "Spartan", "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang".

KillTheLight
yes maybe so.. but he knows he'll get more 'fame' being in another top gun movie..there is absolutely no need for another one

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
Not necessarily, he's been in two critically acclaimed movies lately: "Spartan", "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang".

I wish KKBB wasn't realeased in only about 169 movie theaters.

Solo
Originally posted by Mando
I wish KKBB wasn't realeased in only about 169 movie theaters.
I watched about half of it, thought it was quite good. Although, I had to run to a dentist appointment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.