Anakin kills Dooku but can't beat Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Numo
The first time Anakin fought Dooku he lost but he lasted a lot longer than Obi Wan did.

The second time they fought again Obi Wan lost but this time he was fighting with the help of Anakin (which settles the debate as to whether they would have beaten Dooku if they fought him together).

So then if Anakin had improved so much that he was able to kill Dooku fighting on his own, how could he not defeat Obi Wan?

Jedi Priestess
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/spadesmamma61/find.gif

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Numo
The first time Anakin fought Dooku he lost but he lasted a lot longer than Obi Wan did.

The second time they fought again Obi Wan lost but this time he was fighting with the help of Anakin (which settles the debate as to whether they would have beaten Dooku if they fought him together).

So then if Anakin had improved so much that he was able to kill Dooku fighting on his own, how could he not defeat Obi Wan? because obi is good

RedAlertv2
What I heard from a couple friends, whom I consider experts, they said that Dooku was throwing the fight. sidious told him to let Anakin win, and convinced Dooku that Anakin would not kill him once he was defeated. So Dooku lost, and Sidious had him killed against his word

Sesse
Apparently dooku was unable to lose with skill. Nobody lets himself to be mutilated...

Lightning_Count
Anakin and Obiwan are superior to Dooku in the last film, yeah dooku looked like he handled obiwan with no problem but that wasn't a one on one battle and in that situation you can't exactly fight at ur peak (example is qui-gon and obiwan vs maul where the fight was tactically being faught out, but once quigon was killed obiwan went Apeshit on mauls ass and the intensity and speed was incredible)......the same situation applies here as dooku seemed to handle anakin quite easily until obiwan was put out of action (due to force powers not saber skills).
Then anakin went all out on dooku.

Anakin couldn't beat Obiwan because, (1) they know each others fighting styles/strengths/weaknesses and (2) although Anakin was the superior fighter, he wasn't being as tactical as Obiwan who had a pretty much clear head and knew what he had to do.....Anakin on the other hand was just going mentle and looking for the killer blow and getting frustrated as the fight went on.

Exador
The reason Anakin beat Dooku but couldn't beat Obi-Wan was that Dooku was very old and Obi-Wan was only 37 years old

The Ones
Red alert thats bollocks. Dooku didnt know about the plan. Palpatine was testing who was more powerful to use as an apprentice. so when dooku was in the firing range, palps knew dooku wasnt worth it and concentrated on anakin. he genuinly lost to anakin. but obi wan knew all of anakins moves so he knew what one he was going to use and was able to block it ( a great example is the scene where they go flying back and the spinning sabers). Also anakins arrogance from the dark side blinded him of the possibility of loosing. His over confidance is his weakness

Darth Traya
Sidious allowed himself to be captured, it was an elaborate plot to kill Dooku, who was a threat and replace him with Anakin, who wasn't a threat.

Lucas confirmed it, not only that, read the original script.

"I thought you granted me amnesty!" - Dooku

Look at Dooku's face when Palpatine says "Kill him!". The face is of unexpected horror, Dooku didn't think that Palpatine would betray him. Then look at his face a bit later, he accepts the situation and gets more calm.

Why do people say that the older = weaker? Yoda, Dooku and Sidious were all old, but were still the most powerful duelists and force users in the galaxy at that time.

exanda kane
Yes. Exador im afraid you are completely wrong.

overlord
Originally posted by Numo

So then if Anakin had improved so much that he was able to kill Dooku fighting on his own, how could he not defeat Obi Wan?
Because Obi Wan is a freaking master of defence!!
And may I remind that the fight wasn't over? Anakin committed suicide! smile

Alkaselzer
Dooku seemed to be throwing the fight to Anakin, or Anakin's use of the Dark Side overpowered even the skills of Dooku. Either way, Dooku took down Obi-Wan as quickly as possible.

Obi-Wan, however, knew Anakin's abilities and style well enough to defend himself from it, and he himself is highly defensive. He waited for Anakin, who was naturally stubborn and arrogant and then blinded by the Dark Side, to mess up.

darkjedi132
blowup

Bicnarok

shaber
This had already happened as ROTS was a prequel. Lucas could only find the most convincing extenuation possible which was Vader having an accident through being overconfident.

Mandos
Damn you people are so ignorant. Haven't you read the ORIGINAL version of episode 3? obi-wan and anakin shared a homosexual relationship at the same time as the one anakin and padme were having (because padme is a transexual). Yeah that's right, MISTER padme! anyway, we all know dooku is anakin's mother, the father being yoda. obi-wan (yoda's biuatch) messed up anakin's perfect family and he decided to get revenge. anakin was so mad at his mother (it's her fault she didn't give hot sex to her husband he had to resort to cheating on his wife) he used the darkside properly and killed that dooku biatch. As for obi-wan (kind of particular for having two affairs: with anakin and anakin's dad), anakin was forced to go easy on him, trying not to make his father cry (but yoda didn't care cauz he was playing with sidious at that time. that green basterd). that's why he lost to obi-wan, saying he know owned anakin with his two swords. i'm tired of explaining the true story to you guys so that's it.

Sir J
Originally posted by Mandos
Damn you people are so ignorant. Haven't you read the ORIGINAL version of episode 3? obi-wan and anakin shared a homosexual relationship at the same time as the one anakin and padme were having (because padme is a transexual). Yeah that's right, MISTER padme! anyway, we all know dooku is anakin's mother, the father being yoda. obi-wan (yoda's biuatch) messed up anakin's perfect family and he decided to get revenge. anakin was so mad at his mother (it's her fault she didn't give hot sex to her husband he had to resort to cheating on his wife) he used the darkside properly and killed that dooku biatch. As for obi-wan (kind of particular for having two affairs: with anakin and anakin's dad), anakin was forced to go easy on him, trying not to make his father cry (but yoda didn't care cauz he was playing with sidious at that time. that green basterd). that's why he lost to obi-wan, saying he know owned anakin with his two swords. i'm tired of explaining the true story to you guys so that's it. What the f**k? what the **** was that

overlord
It was Mandos coming out of the closet about his sexuality.. pirate

Mandos
lol. don't know. Just wanted to write bullshit. What the f**k? me

exanda kane
Originally posted by Mandos
Damn you people are so ignorant. Haven't you read the ORIGINAL version of episode 3? obi-wan and anakin shared a homosexual relationship at the same time as the one anakin and padme were having (because padme is a transexual). Yeah that's right, MISTER padme! anyway, we all know dooku is anakin's mother, the father being yoda. obi-wan (yoda's biuatch) messed up anakin's perfect family and he decided to get revenge. anakin was so mad at his mother (it's her fault she didn't give hot sex to her husband he had to resort to cheating on his wife) he used the darkside properly and killed that dooku biatch. As for obi-wan (kind of particular for having two affairs: with anakin and anakin's dad), anakin was forced to go easy on him, trying not to make his father cry (but yoda didn't care cauz he was playing with sidious at that time. that green basterd). that's why he lost to obi-wan, saying he know owned anakin with his two swords. i'm tired of explaining the true story to you guys so that's it.

owned.purchased.destroyed.xD

Decay
well personally i think dooku would be pretty much even to anakin and obi wan. obi wan was dropped early because of prior planning and circumstance. when dooku took out obi wan it was at a point where both he and anakin left themselves open. obi wan was supposed to be taken out to leave dooku to test anakin for sidious. so obi wan got thrown and anakin got the kick to allow dooku time to take out obi wan and then continue to fight anakin. i dont think dooku was a threat to sidious at all. dooku is a master with the force and one of the most powerful in the galaxy, but sidious is just a freak with power beyond dookus potential.

so dooku was fighting anakin, telling him to use his hate and anger, and didnt realise how powerful anakin had become and was overconfidant and got taken out. im not sure whod have won if it were serious all out dueling by both, but dooku was trying to turn anakin like vader was with luke in esb. the only difference is vaders overconfidence only got him a scortched shoulder, dookus cost him his hands. so dooku and anakin were closer in power to anakin there than vader was to luke. fairly even.

so i dont think thats a good fight to use to judge any of the combatants. you can see that dooku was probably both their superior in force ability but thats about all.

and anakin was too uncontrolled in his fight with obi wan. anakin might be able to take obi wan in a pure duel standing toe to toe. but obi wan is a much better planner and is far more tactical. anakin tried to overwhelm obi wan and obi wan just kept falling back and waiting for an advantage. anakin might be more powerful and a better dueler, but obi wan is alot smarter and patient.

Darth Traya
Sidious allowed himself to be captured, it was an elaborate plot to kill Dooku, who was a threat and replace him with Anakin, who wasn't a threat.

Lucas confirmed it, not only that, read the original script.

"I thought you granted me amnesty!" - Dooku

Look at Dooku's face when Palpatine says "Kill him!". The face is of unexpected horror, Dooku didn't think that Palpatine would betray him. Then look at his face a bit later, he accepts the situation and gets more calm.

Why do people say that the older = weaker? Yoda, Dooku and Sidious were all old, but were still the most powerful duelists and force users in the galaxy at that time.

Anakin was nowhere near Dooku's fighting skills, same for Obi-Wan. Dooku mastered a lightsabre form dedicated to dueling, he has 70+ years of experience, he would have killed those two within a few minutes had he not been told not to by Sidious.

Rogue Jedi
maybe obi wan was just really on that day.

Darth_Glentract
Darth Traya is right, Dooku through the fight.

spencerspider
um the reason is Anakin was stronger when he used the dark side, and Obi got lucky that Anakin was overconfident or he was dead

DrDoom101
where is Ushgarak?

spencerspider
dont know

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Darth Traya is right, Dooku through the fight. WHAT???????? The reason all this happenned was cos Ani=main character so only he could defeat the sith. Obi beat Ani cos good always beats evil. There.

queeq
Originally posted by DrDoom101
where is Ushgarak?

Why? Does he have all the answers?

The Ones
no. only he can close this thread. either that or kill it

Ianus
lmao!

stinger78
Anakin was cool

queeq
I can kill it. Wanna see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.