NATO (keep this one serious please)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
Hey guys, actually it's more of a request thread than a discussion thread. I have to write this paper for uni (due in march) about NATO. Now I was thinking of a good subject and I took the socio-economic impact of NATO membership on the new memberstates: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia (and maybe possibily also a bit of an older new comer Poland)

Now my professor said it was an interesting topic but a hard one to write about. I did a check up on info about it and I found a few hits that I can pull this one of on the NATO website
E.g. article 2 of the Washington treaty talks about elimination of conflicts in their international economic policies and encouraging economic collaboration between any and all of them. And so on....

So if you guys have any useful links or info or books or people about this particular topic please post them.

Or if you want to discuss NATO (for or against and why) please feel free. in the end we have a debat with another group about wether or not NATO should continue to exist (which counts for 8 points out of 20 so it'd better be good, for the record in the current situation I'm in favour of NATO)

Thx for reading smile

terd40
I dont think nato exists anymore for military purposes like i thought pre-iraq war. now i see it as more of a economic but then the EU takes care europe. now its just to me more of a cosmetic, lets waist money on embasadors and whatnot, superficial alliance. thats just my 02

GCG
Originally posted by Fire
Hey guys, actually it's more of a request thread than a discussion thread. I have to write this paper for uni (due in march) about NATO. Now I was thinking of a good subject and I took the socio-economic impact of NATO membership on the new memberstates: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia (and maybe possibily also a bit of an older new comer Poland)

Bulgaria & Romania are not yet member states. Are you aware of this ?

edit: sorry ; i thought you meant EU members. But in their case, you would have to differentiate between those two and the other new comers on the socio-economic impact.

Clovie
We are in NATO. since 97 hmm or something

what do you want to know? our economy sucks... is that enough? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.