Dumbledore's Death Definately a fake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nighdawg
I have a number of obviouse clues to prove he's alive, well not fully dead more or less.

1) He planned the whole fake death from the onset of the book.

Proof: We learn through the book how good he is at speculating reactions of Voldemort even though he knows little about him. Thence we should deduce he would definatly know Harry's reactions. So by freezing Harry ha allowed a scene to take place without Harry's intervention. Remember Dumbledore tells Harry to keep his Invisibility cloak with him all the time, and orders him to put it on before they go to the tower. He also allows certain information to reach Harry through Hagrid which whom he trusts his life with.

2) Dumbledore a product of Living Death Draught

Proof: What was the strange draught Harry forced him to drink? Could it be the Living Death Draught which is prominently featured in this book. Also the only potion not actually used by anyone in the book (Or so we are mislead). He looks awfully dead at the end to Harry, but Hagrid takes him away and his body is only assumed to be carried to the tomb. And of course as many point out, where is his wand?

3) Snape's on Dumbledore's side for real

Proof: One single line of text helps clearify everything. When Narcissa and Bella go to Snape's house, wormtail is there. AND he is rubbing his arm which is covered in a silver glove. Why tell us this? Oh thats right it just so happens Dumbledore's got something wrong with his arm and hand as well. Could Dumbledore be impersonating wormtail. Definately. Also why doesn't Snape admit he knows that Harry has the Half Blood Prince's book (Which was his). Well simply because it was planted for Harry to have it all along. Why? Well Hermoine is the only one that trusts Snape. But she can't stand whoever owned the HBP book and thinks he's evil. Of course when she finds out it was Snape, she turns on him. Which makes her a valuable testament as well as Harry and Ron. Oh and why exactly does Snape goad Harry into learning to do spells without speaking them. Because he wants Harry to win. Lots of people think Snape's revulsion at killing Dumbledore is because he really hates him, actually he doesn't really find the idea of joining Voldemort and slinking around behind his back very enjoyable, would you?

Those are only a few things. I could elaborate and certainly answer any questions you naysayers might have!!!

zombieman
You have built up some fair arguements there, but nothing conclusive. There is plenty of evidence to argue the opposite (but it has been mentioned countless time in other threads, so I won't bother).

I like the idea that the living death draught was planted there by members of the order of the phoenix (perhaps RAB is three people? R could be Remus, B could be Black) as part of an elaborate scheme against the Dark Lord.

Emily_depp
wow u kno your stuff

nighdawg
I have a speculation on RAB, Regulus ? Black, Serius brother. Lupin mentions that he dissappeared a couple of days after deserting the death eaters .... "as far as he remembers" or something like that. Why wouldn't he remember more clearly? And last time I checked dissappeared doesn't equal dead. Plus this would be a great way to redeem Serius Black and the Black name. Remember the other key part of that text is deserting the death eaters. Oh and right after Lupin says this Mrs. Weasely hushes him... Interesting eh?

Barker
It's Not Black. Can't Be. Jo Wouldn't Put Something That Obvious In There. If she Did, I would Fear For Her Life.

hotsauce6548
We have a Speculation forum, and I and others have named everything you've just posted.

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/introduction.html

wink

DarkC
Originally posted by nighdawg

Proof: What was the strange draught Harry forced him to drink? Could it be the Living Death Draught which is prominently featured in this book.
Not unless it forces terrible visions upon its drinker, which I highly doubt being a example of a sleeping potion.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DarkC
Not unless it forces terrible visions upon its drinker, which I highly doubt being a example of a sleeping potion.

Nightmares?

zac_j
dont u think that they would be smart enough to check for a heartbeat?

Archer
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks hes not dead.

The spell snape use to kill him is a clue as well. the spell kills
instantly and don't bownce them up and over things.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by zac_j
dont u think that they would be smart enough to check for a heartbeat?

I really don't want to get into that now. stick out tongue

If you want to hear my views, go to the Speculation thread, or even check out this site:

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/introduction.html

The Phantom
Originally posted by zombieman
You have built up some fair arguements there, but nothing conclusive. There is plenty of evidence to argue the opposite (but it has been mentioned countless time in other threads, so I won't bother).

I like the idea that the living death draught was planted there by members of the order of the phoenix (perhaps RAB is three people? R could be Remus, B could be Black) as part of an elaborate scheme against the Dark Lord. Crap... how did I not notice that... You went further on my idea of being three people...

Anyway, great ideas, but I don't know. We know Snape is on his side, yes. But the potion idea, though great, is kinda off.Originally posted by DarkC
Not unless it forces terrible visions upon its drinker, which I highly doubt being a example of a sleeping potion. Exactly what this person said. Your first reason made no sense to me so I can't say much on that. Presonally, I think he is dead... though that might also be because I want him to be dead. (Don't yell at me for that people, it is a book. Besides, I have my reasons for wanting it, but this isn't the time nor place for it.)

Imperial_Samura
I give it could have been that potion, but I still have doubts for another of reasons -

-First it took quite some time to take effect, and if it was part of some bigger scheme to fake Dumbledore's death it seems it relied on alot of luck and miraculously good timing - I mean that he goes into his death like sleep just at the moment Snape cast a killing spell? Very, very risky.

-Second, Snape cast a killing spell at almost point blank range - could anyone have survived that (unless it's a special case like Harry)

-Thirdly, He fell off a really, really tall tower. To the ground. While dead or asleep - I don't know, but if the spell didn't kill him, and the potion didn't, I'd have thought that would.

-Surely with all those knowledgeable witches and wizards about someone would have realised he wasn't dead, even if it was a really deep death like sleep like the potion causes. I mean they had Slughorn, the one potion master who might be better even then Snape.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I give it could have been that potion, but I still have doubts for another of reasons -

-First it took quite some time to take effect, and if it was part of some bigger scheme to fake Dumbledore's death it seems it relied on alot of luck and miraculously good timing - I mean that he goes into his death like sleep just at the moment Snape cast a killing spell? Very, very risky.

-Second, Snape cast a killing spell at almost point blank range - could anyone have survived that (unless it's a special case like Harry)

-Thirdly, He fell off a really, really tall tower. To the ground. While dead or asleep - I don't know, but if the spell didn't kill him, and the potion didn't, I'd have thought that would.

-Surely with all those knowledgeable witches and wizards about someone would have realised he wasn't dead, even if it was a really deep death like sleep like the potion causes. I mean they had Slughorn, the one potion master who might be better even then Snape.

Well, it could be...

1) If you go back and read that part of the book, you can see Dumbledore is having an extremely hard time to keep traveling and not fall over.

2) Did Snape really cast a killing curse? Why were inaudible spells stressed so much throughout the book? Could it have been that Snape was, in his mind, secretly saying another spell, not the killing curse? And that leads me to the next point. You are right; Dumbledore flew over the ramparts. Since when did Avada Kedavra cause someone to fly over stuff. It has always been described as a quick death, not one that kills you in a burst of force and green sparks. Oh, and Rowling also says he looks "suspended in midair" for a moment, before falling "slowly" over the ramparts. Snape's secret curse?

3) And if Slughorn knew? He is part of the Order.

4) Dumbledore is described twice has looking sleepy or tired. Once before he is hit with the curse, and once when he is lying on the ground.

I'll find the link to the thread where I've already brought up these points and more if you're interested. I'm not saying Dumbledore's alive, but many things have made me re-think the ending of the book. wink

EDIT: Here's where we talk some about Harry being a Horcrux:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355412&perpage=20&highlight=book+seven&pagenumber=6

And here is when I really start pointing out some unusual stuff. Read this page, the next page, and then after that if you want, but definitely the first two. yes

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355412&perpage=20&highlight=book+seven&pagenumber=9

The Phantom
Okay, I'm just going to say this. When you do a the killing curse, you have to mean it, so if Snape didn't mean it, it wouldn't have killed DD, but the fall would've.

tazrian_rafi
i would really love it if u creators of dumbledoreisnotdead.com could atleast post ur email addresses in that website, i think i found a few clues myself.

Knightfall93
they didnt careate it. And i've put loads of ideas for the 3 RABs across different threads but here are most.

R= rubeus/ remus/ Regulus/
A= Aberforths, Alastor, Albus, Avery
B= Black/ Bones/ Bilius/ Bartemius/ Bagman/ Bellatrix

OK, if you need to know who thse people are:
Rubeus= RUBEUS Hagrid
Remus= REMUS Lupin
Regulus= REGULUS black
Aberforth= dumbledore's brother and the bartender of the hogs Head
Alastor= mad eye moody
Albus= dumbledore
Avery= a death eater (I think deceased)
Black= Sirius/ regulus etc.
Bones= susasn bones, Hogwarts student. I think her family's been mentioned somewhere...
Bilius= Ron's uncle and ron's own middle name
Bartemius= Crouch, Sr and Jr
Bagman= Ludo vbagman, gambling MoM guy in GoF
Bellatrix= Le Strange, Death eter, Sirius' killer and cousin

Any reason to these?

maham
i think she killed albus cuz with him around ,haryy wudn't b a hero ,wud he? it's albus who alwaysd saved him . it's cuz of him that he's alive!

derek_the_derek
dumbledore is dead. Please get over it.

Becky4BJ
I'm not into all these long, factual posts as such and seeing as I haven't read a single HP book I can't make an educated decision. But my instinc tells me they won't bring him back. You'll probably have a go at me for that but hey. I agree with Derek. Can't characters die in peace without people contemplating if they will come back? He's dead ok. D-E-A-D reading Anyways. You can be angry if he does come back, though.

derek_the_derek
i agree with u beck4bj

tazrian_rafi
my own theory anout dumbledore's death:

snape verball told avada kadabra but non verball cast the expelliarmus spell, which made dumbledore bounce backwards. also if u read the last sentence of the lightning struck tower, you will be able to find that dumbledore fell out of the battlements and out of sight."out of sight"? if dumbledore fell out of sight, then dumbledore could have easily dishuised somebody else has him by using the polyjuice potion or something. he did this to make voldemort think that harry was more vulnerable than ever and it would be the perfect time to affect him. personally i think that dumbledore used the polyjuice potion on either fawkes or aragog,cause J.K.R. never includes sth in her books which is completely useless.

grey fox
No , the odl guy is dead , if the spell didn't do it the fall did.

Knightfall93
harry wiped BLOOD of him. Dead people DON'T BLEED and the Avada kadavra DOESN'T SEND PEOPLE FLYING OVER BATTLEMENTS! OK? He's as alive as you or me... well no... he's a fictional character but... yeah... but he's fictionally alive...

deathtodraco
you lot have no life

Rapscallion
Originally posted by Knightfall93
harry wiped BLOOD of him. Dead people DON'T BLEED and the Avada kadavra DOESN'T SEND PEOPLE FLYING OVER BATTLEMENTS! OK? He's as alive as you or me... well no... he's a fictional character but... yeah... but he's fictionally alive...

What do you mean dead people don't bleed? Of course they bleed. If they are killed from an external wound, it's bleeding that usually kills them.

As for the Ava Kadavra curse sending people off over battlements, J.K Rowling never really describes how the Ava Kadavra curse acts upon its victims except in the scene where Moody kills the spider. Howver, if you recall correctly, most spells, if performed forcefully enough often send people flying even if that is not the pupose of the spell. An example of this is in the third book when Harry, Ron, and Hermione all cast the disarming spell at once against Snape and it sends him across the room and knocks him out. Also in book six, when they are practicing nonverbal spells, Harry casts a shielding charm that is so strong it knocks Snape back. This may have been why, when a powerful wizard like Snape cast it, it sent Dumbledoor over the edge. And finally, if the Ava Kadavra curse does in fact not send people flying, this inconsistency was probably written in by J.K. Rowling simpoy for dramatic effect.

AidenBurn
Yeah, and there are many witnesses who saw Snape killing Dumbledore, plus Snape's fingerprints are all over the murder weapon which is registered to him. Come on, nobody knows anything, everyone's guessing, these are just theories. Nobody knows how Avada Kedavra works. It's a fact and it's logical that bleeding out leads to death, but since when is it logical that the cause of death can be two words? I don't think it's a good idea to turn to real-life facts in this case. It's like arguing about how can someone turn into a dog without changing their DNA structure. Don't let reality mess up fantasy.

grey fox
DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD , they buried the guy in a freaking tomb , aside from a brain munching zombie dumble's isn't coming back.

AidenBurn
What a positive thought.

Knightfall93
Actually, noone sees Dummy at the funeral.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Rapscallion
What do you mean dead people don't bleed? Of course they bleed. If they are killed from an external wound, it's bleeding that usually kills them.

As for the Ava Kadavra curse sending people off over battlements, J.K Rowling never really describes how the Ava Kadavra curse acts upon its victims except in the scene where Moody kills the spider. Howver, if you recall correctly, most spells, if performed forcefully enough often send people flying even if that is not the pupose of the spell. An example of this is in the third book when Harry, Ron, and Hermione all cast the disarming spell at once against Snape and it sends him across the room and knocks him out. Also in book six, when they are practicing nonverbal spells, Harry casts a shielding charm that is so strong it knocks Snape back. This may have been why, when a powerful wizard like Snape cast it, it sent Dumbledoor over the edge. And finally, if the Ava Kadavra curse does in fact not send people flying, this inconsistency was probably written in by J.K. Rowling simpoy for dramatic effect. JK never really describes how Ava Kavavra works, but she did how AVADA KEDAVRA works!

LonDon06

I like the idea that the living death draught was planted there by members of the order of the phoenix (perhaps RAB is three people? R could be Remus, B could be Black) as part of an elaborate scheme against the Dark Lord.
I like the idea of R.A.B being emus nd lack

DarkC
1.) They bleed if they're freshly dead.

2.) And spells work far better if they're said out loud. Which he did.

mega reader32
hello

mega reader32
me bored

RoguePw25
Originally posted by mega reader32
me bored

Meg, please try to add something into the conversation to move the discussion along instead of just spamming. If you want to just post things like this, please visit the Off Topic Boards.

Thanks.

Rapscallion
JK never really describes how Ava Kavavra works, but she did how AVADA KEDAVRA works!

Oh really? What does she say?? tell us all about it!

AidenBurn
To join this absurdity, two words can't kill anyone. All I'm saying is this is fiction, so we shouldn't rely on real-life facts.

Council#13
Dumbledore i think is really dead. When someone gets hit by Avada Kedavra or something they just die. If Dumbledore was against the edge, he might have fallen backwards. He probably fell out of sight because it was NIGHT TIME. When someone hits the ground, they are dead, and they pretty much start BLEEDING if they hit the ground from such a high place up.
I still like to hope that dumbledore is alive though...

DarkC
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Meg, please try to add something into the conversation to move the discussion along instead of just spamming. If you want to just post things like this, please visit the Off Topic Boards.

Thanks.
Even there, we have the LanceWindu to take care of 'em. stick out tongue

Rapscallion
Originally posted by AidenBurn
To join this absurdity, two words can't kill anyone. All I'm saying is this is fiction, so we shouldn't rely on real-life facts.

On the contrary, we have to rely on real-life facts. Obviously J.K. Rowling hasn't created an entirely fictitious world. She has assumed that we will take some things for granted and she won't have to describe them. Things like gravity, inertia, friction, anything that has to do with pysics, but also other things like the dynamics of human relationships, human emotion, the phisiology, ad anotomy of the characters. She doesn't mention these things because she doesn't have to. If she says "Harry ate some treacle tart" she doesn't have to describe what how he does it, because we know the characters have human anatomy and we know the culture from which he's from. So, the reason for my rant is that there are elements to the story and setting, in fact almost of the elements come from real life. Magic is just a miniscue part of the world Rowling created. You are right, people don't die from hearing two words. Ava Kedavra acually has to do something. Using real life facts to determine what it does in terms of phisiology will end this conversation.

DraconaInVolata
This is interesting, I've never heard this idea before... it'd be just like Rowling to suddenly throw a twist in like that. Very Interesting... I'll have to reread and take a look at this stuff.

Council#13
no expression im sorry can that person please say that again? i didnt quite catch it...

Rapscallion
Who? Me??

In a nutshell, I said that there are some elements in Harry Potter that we must assume are the same as they are in real life. (Example: characters' annatomy+physiology) By using what we know about the real world, we can understand how some fictitious elements of the story in Harry potter work.

DraconaInVolata
Wait... there's one problem with this theory of dumbledore's death being fake, and i'm not trying to be a brat, i'm just wondering how this would work. How could Dumbledore's death be fake? Snape made an unbreakable vow with Narcissa to complete Draco's assignment if he was unable to complete it himself. And there's no way that voldemort told draco to fake dumbledore's death. He'd want him fully dead.

AidenBurn
Originally posted by Rapscallion
On the contrary, we have to rely on real-life facts. Obviously J.K. Rowling hasn't created an entirely fictitious world. She has assumed that we will take some things for granted and she won't have to describe them. Things like gravity, inertia, friction, anything that has to do with pysics, but also other things like the dynamics of human relationships, human emotion, the phisiology, ad anotomy of the characters. She doesn't mention these things because she doesn't have to. If she says "Harry ate some treacle tart" she doesn't have to describe what how he does it, because we know the characters have human anatomy and we know the culture from which he's from. So, the reason for my rant is that there are elements to the story and setting, in fact almost of the elements come from real life. Magic is just a miniscue part of the world Rowling created. You are right, people don't die from hearing two words. Ava Kedavra acually has to do something. Using real life facts to determine what it does in terms of phisiology will end this conversation.

Au contraire again if I might. Your example is perfect, JKR doesn't have to tell us how Harry eats. But eating is something I do, you do, and everybody else does, either they live in this world or HP world. We know it because we do it. Killing is also a thing that people (unfortunately) do, but not with a wand, so we don't know how it works. And if Sirius has the same human anatomy as I do then why can he turn into a dog and why can't I? If I have to use real-life facts to everything in the books, I'm saying Harry might have hallucinated the whole thing.

ndfreak
this is all i hav to say:
the killing curse DOES fling u backwards look at how digory died, his body went FLYING BACKWARDS!!! so if any1 is still sayin tat snape didnt use the killin curse i gotta say tat cant b an excuse(unless it was jus a movie maker mistake)

Rapscallion
Originally posted by AidenBurn
Au contraire again if I might. Your example is perfect, JKR doesn't have to tell us how Harry eats. But eating is something I do, you do, and everybody else does, either they live in this world or HP world. We know it because we do it. Killing is also a thing that people (unfortunately) do, but not with a wand, so we don't know how it works. And if Sirius has the same human anatomy as I do then why can he turn into a dog and why can't I? If I have to use real-life facts to everything in the books, I'm saying Harry might have hallucinated the whole thing.

Firstly, the reason you can't turn into a dog is because there is no such thing as magic. What I am saying is that animageous don't just become animals, something must hapen to the mechanics of their body such as the magic alters their DNA or makes them rapidly produce mutated hormonesor some such thing. Simply saying that they turn into a dog isn't saying what the spell does,. It says what the results of the spell does. Similarly, Avada Kedavra is a killing curse. The result is the death of its victim. What it actually does is unknown. Since what it does is not described in the fiction, we must assume that what it does can be described by facts. (Like Harry eating. It is not described, but using fact, we can determine the journey of a pumpkin pasty through Hrry's digestive system.)

Secondly, you don't have to use real-life facts to describe everything in the book, just things that the author doesn't describe herself. For example if Rowling says "Crookshanks the cat climbed a tree." we wouldn't need an explanation of what a tree is or what a cat is because we already know. However, if she mentions dementors, then she must describe it because we don't know what a dementor is. You can't (or shouldn't) Harry hallucinated the whole thing because the whole thing was described by Rowling as being real. (also, it would mean he would have had multiple dreams within a dream and have a continuing memory of all the events and dreams he had while in a dream state which would be one hell of crazy dream.)

maxxam12
hey guys you say dumberdore is dead..... i thought that before but i did some research and i came up with some very good reasons to explain dumbeldore fake death.
1. Snape is one of the best at occlumens and legilimency..... and all the books state that dumbeldore is a quick thinker.... in that moment of silence before killing dumbeldore, dumbeldore could have communicated with snape and tell him his plan of a fake death.
2. When dumbeldore says "Please...... severus"
dumbeldore is asking snape to do the best he can with that new fake death task.
3. In the order of the phoenix book, JK Rowling states that a fordibben curse is not only to say the word you need to mean it or it will not work.
maybe snape said avada kadavra and :1. he didnt mean it
2. he said avada kadavra but he was thinking of another nonverval spell that shots a green light from the wand, remember that this fake death was not to convince the readers it was supposed to convince Lord Voldemort and the death eaters.
4. Dumbeldore planned all this fake death to save Draco...after all draco is not so bad... as dumbeldore says "he is not a murderer"
5. When Snape is leaving harry calls him coward and snape reacts in a weird way, this could be because harry was calling coward to a man who was risking his life as a double agent.
6. When snape makes the unbreakable vow, if you carefully examine the words they said, narcissa never ordered snape to kill dumbeldore, what they basically said was to protect draco and if draco failed he needed to fullfill the task but here is the funny thing, draco didnt kill dumbeldore but he did all the other thing so he was not going to get in trouble.
7. Snape is good and the last lesson he taught harry was when harry attacked snape and snape blocked his spell and said something like "close your mind and your mouth and you can hit me" or something like that.... what matters is snape was teaching the last lesson of occlumens.
I hope you agree with my reasons. Thanks to Denis Wowarth and HPL for this information.

Denniz234
i think the only reason you are talking about dd death being a fake is because you do not want him dead

HPFAN1992
Originally posted by BloodyAngel
Wait... there's one problem with this theory of dumbledore's death being fake, and i'm not trying to be a brat, i'm just wondering how this would work. How could Dumbledore's death be fake? Snape made an unbreakable vow with Narcissa to complete Draco's assignment if he was unable to complete it himself. And there's no way that voldemort told draco to fake dumbledore's death. He'd want him fully dead.

If you re-read the end of the chapter where snape makes the unbreakable vow you will see that it says snape twitches his hand. Snape could have stopped the unbreakable vow from working therefore snape wouldnt die.

Also, the unbreakable vow might not work if the person it was made with 'thinks' the task has been completed.

willRules

Ah but it didn't say when he had to complete the the unbreakable vow or which part to help him with. He didn't necessarily help malfoy kill Dumbledore, he may have helped by getting Death Eaters into the school or other things related to killing Dumbledore.

In fact Snape may have killed Dumbledore, but that doesn't mean Dumbledore didn't plan it out that way. Earlier on the book Hagrid describes to Harry a conversation he overheard between Snape and Dumbledore, where Snape said he didn't want to do something and Dumbledore said that Snape had already agreed to doing this task and had to do it...

sounds like they are discussing the unbreakable vow and Dumbledore trusts Snape.

for more info this site is great.........

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/dumbledoreclues.html

and clues for snape's innocence can be found here..........

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/snapeclues.html

willRules
Anyone been on the site???? Any thoughts???? smile

HPFAN1992
Today I was thinking... What if Dumbledore saved Snapes life? This would mean there was a magical bond between them and therefore Snape could not kill Dumbledore because of the magical bond... Am I the only one who has thought about this?

Comment Please

patriautism
I have a few more situations to support your theory, and in my opinion sort of make it a fact.
I actually was dumbstruck when i read half blood prince the first time but when i read it again it made a whole lot of sense.
here are some more situations..
here is one that is obvious to me.

right before severus "kills" him, dumbledore begs for his life.
"severus please"
does dumbledore seem like the kind of guy to beg for his life?
if we look back to year one dubledore quoted these words
"After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure."

maybe him saying "severus please" wasn't him begging for his life but it was him begging snape to do it.

that's why he holds harry down and why severus didn't kill harry.
which is supported by a conversation hagrid and harry had after ron got poisoned.in thi sconversation hagrid mentioned that snape and dumbledore were arguing and snape was telling dumbledore that he took to much for granted and that maybe he (snape) didn't want to do it anymore. and dumbledore told him that he(snape) had agreed and that was all there was to it.
the is no more mention of that conversation.
that is why he is saying severus please
because snape couldnt do what dumbledore wanted him to do.

another thing is in order of the phoenix dumbledore talked about a solution being that he faked his death and go into hiding (huge hint)

dumbledore also gave snape the defense against the dark arts position KNOWING he wouldnt be there at the end of the year.

another thing is the killing curse
why did it throw dumbledore in the air when it just flat out killed everyone else cold?
werent they talking about saying one curse and casting another one that you're thinking about instead earlier in the book.(nonverbal spells)

dobby earlier in the book mentions hearing things in dumbledores aoffice and then says he would throw himself off the tower.
an idea he got from what he heard maybe?
but anyone flying in the air sounds more like the "Expelliarmus! curse to me
perhaps after he was thrown into the air dumbledore drank the living dead thing.

i think your facts and mine together make it pretty obvious that snape didnt really betray dumbledore

willRules
Originally posted by patriautism
I have a few more situations to support your theory, and in my opinion sort of make it a fact.
I actually was dumbstruck when i read half blood prince the first time but when i read it again it made a whole lot of sense.
here are some more situations..
here is one that is obvious to me.

right before severus "kills" him, dumbledore begs for his life.
"severus please"
does dumbledore seem like the kind of guy to beg for his life?
if we look back to year one dubledore quoted these words
"After all, to the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure."

maybe him saying "severus please" wasn't him begging for his life but it was him begging snape to do it.

that's why he holds harry down and why severus didn't kill harry.
which is supported by a conversation hagrid and harry had after ron got poisoned.in thi sconversation hagrid mentioned that snape and dumbledore were arguing and snape was telling dumbledore that he took to much for granted and that maybe he (snape) didn't want to do it anymore. and dumbledore told him that he(snape) had agreed and that was all there was to it.
the is no more mention of that conversation.
that is why he is saying severus please
because snape couldnt do what dumbledore wanted him to do.

another thing is in order of the phoenix dumbledore talked about a solution being that he faked his death and go into hiding (huge hint)

dumbledore also gave snape the defense against the dark arts position KNOWING he wouldnt be there at the end of the year.

another thing is the killing curse
why did it throw dumbledore in the air when it just flat out killed everyone else cold?
werent they talking about saying one curse and casting another one that you're thinking about instead earlier in the book.(nonverbal spells)

dobby earlier in the book mentions hearing things in dumbledores aoffice and then says he would throw himself off the tower.
but anyone flying in the air sounds more like the "Expelliarmus! curse to me
perhaps after he was thrown into the air dumbledore drank the living dead thing.

i think your facts and mine together make it pretty obvious that snape didnt really betray dumbledore

I agree. I think one of the biggest clues is what Hagrid overheard yes

spanish seagull
Dumbledore would not just die. JK would not do that! he is bound to come back.

willRules
yes

patriautism

well i just explaind a lot of sound theories that support his fake death.
one major thing is we don't know if draco's mission wasnt to just make the port key. they never mention the exact mission

willRules
Originally posted by patriautism

I remember reading that after I read the book the first time and thinking it was a weird thing to say considering it happens later on in the same book.............

Kinda suggests Dumbledore was up to something..............

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by nighdawg
I have a number of obviouse clues to prove he's alive, well not fully dead more or less.

1) He planned the whole fake death from the onset of the book.

Proof: We learn through the book how good he is at speculating reactions of Voldemort even though he knows little about him. Thence we should deduce he would definatly know Harry's reactions. So by freezing Harry ha allowed a scene to take place without Harry's intervention. Remember Dumbledore tells Harry to keep his Invisibility cloak with him all the time, and orders him to put it on before they go to the tower. He also allows certain information to reach Harry through Hagrid which whom he trusts his life with.

Proof: What was the strange draught Harry forced him to drink? Could it be the Living Death Draught which is prominently featured in this book. Also the only potion not actually used by anyone in the book (Or so we are mislead). He looks awfully dead at the end to Harry, but Hagrid takes him away and his body is only assumed to be carried to the tomb. And of course as many point out, where is his wand?

3) Snape's on Dumbledore's side for real

Proof: One single line of text helps clearify everything. When Narcissa and Bella go to Snape's house, wormtail is there. AND he is rubbing his arm which is covered in a silver glove. Why tell us this? Oh thats right it just so happens Dumbledore's got something wrong with his arm and hand as well. Could Dumbledore be impersonating wormtail. Definately. Also why doesn't Snape admit he knows that Harry has the Half Blood Prince's book (Which was his). Well simply because it was planted for Harry to have it all along. Why? Well Hermoine is the only one that trusts Snape. But she can't stand whoever owned the HBP book and thinks he's evil. Of course when she finds out it was Snape, she turns on him. Which makes her a valuable testament as well as Harry and Ron. Oh and why exactly does Snape goad Harry into learning to do spells without speaking them. Because he wants Harry to win. Lots of people think Snape's revulsion at killing Dumbledore is because he really hates him, actually he doesn't really find the idea of joining Voldemort and slinking around behind his back very enjoyable, would you?

Those are only a few things. I could elaborate and certainly answer any questions you naysayers might have!!!
I'd very much appreciate it if Dumpledore was alive--yet I doubt he is. I just finished reading the 6th book today. I highly doubt Dumpledore would fake such a tragic thing in the first place, and secondly, they buried him. What do you think he'll do, rise from his grave as if nothing ever happened? I happened to cry when Dumpledore died, and as they were at his funeral--so why would Rowling put something so BIG as this into the stories if it weren't meant to be TRUE?

patriautism
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
I'd very much appreciate it if Dumpledore was alive--yet I doubt he is. I just finished reading the 6th book today. I highly doubt Dumpledore would fake such a tragic thing in the first place, and secondly, they buried him. What do you think he'll do, rise from his grave as if nothing ever happened? I happened to cry when Dumpledore died, and as they were at his funeral--so why would Rowling put something so BIG as this into the stories if it weren't meant to be TRUE?

you should read the other clues i posted on page 3 of this thread. they pretty much prove that he did fake his death.
either he faked it or he did die but snape isn't really evil, but dumbledore asked snaped to kill him.

Denniz234
HE IS DEAD!!!

willRules
He may or may not be dead. there are tons of clues to back up the point he may be alive, even more to suggest that he was at least planning something related to his death and even more evidence to suggest snape is still a good guy!!!!!

Denniz234
believe me hes dead

willRules
Originally posted by Denniz234
believe me hes dead

You might be right.............but this site disagrees with you !!

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

j unit
i know the truth and how he died

j unit
one of my friends found out by hacking into jos website and stealing info

j unit
ok u all want to know how he actually died?

j unit
ready for it?

patriautism
Originally posted by j unit
ready for it?
what is it

Denniz234
mm yeh sure you do and btw doesnt jk write her stories on paper not on her computer?

willRules
Tell us now mad

j unit
I think hes making everyone believe hes dead so he can have a gang bang with harry in the woods

j unit
And after he died from aids from raping ron too much

j unit
Thats how he died

Haldir o Lórien
you are just twisted, you disgusting freak .. this forum is having an intelligent, normal conversation about Dumbledore's death, and you just barge in with useless garbage that has no relevance whatsoever...and makes no sense, even.

Neo_Version 7
laughing out loud

willRules

RoguePw25
Originally posted by j unit
And after he died from aids from raping ron too much

Again, this is completly out of line and disgusting. Stop talking like this.

Neo_Version 7
laughing out loud

Haldir o Lórien
^stop laughing you ... what's so funny about what that guy just said? It's plain disgusting.

j unit
haldir shut the **** u p u ****ing butt ****er go master bate to ur tiny penis

Haldir o Lórien
^one .... i am a girl, two ... you spelled masturbate wrong, and three ... your account is restricted cool

Regulus A Black
Ok, ok, there are some great theories on here about how Dumbledore faked his death, and some good points are made.

then some about how he is dead, I disagree with, I say we cannot use the laws of physics at all to determine dumbledore's death, everybody is saying if the spell didn't kill him, the fall did, well in that case, the books were over after book three in the quidditch match versus hufflepuff where Harry falls off his broom from a high distance. oh wait, he survived because somebody altered the laws of physics with magic, Dumbledore is a powerful wizard and could have done the exact same thing with himself, so if the spell didn't kill him, I doubt the fall did either. Everybody is really only looking at Dumbledore's death from one book, I saw go back and look at all the books for clues, and you may come to the same conclusion I have.

Dumbledore is NOT dead, Snape IS. ok now here is why I say that, We've seenthrough all the books, that Dumbledore places everything in harry's hands that he needs to do something, book one, he gave him the cloak, and told him how the mirror of erised works.

book two Dumbledore is the first one to say anything about the chamber of secrets indeed being reopened in the hospital wing, loud enough so that he knew Harry who was not sleeping would here, then in Hagrid's cabin he mentions that if he needs help just to ask when harry is under the cloak with ron

Book three, he locks harry and hermione in the room and tells them how many times to turn the time turner

Book Four, ok dumbledore didn't do it in this one, Mad Eye did, but still
Dumbledore did intentionally leave the pensieve out for Harry who he knew was curious to look in

book five, Dumbledore forces snape to give harry occlumency lessons, and due to this harry learns a great deal about things

book six, Harry learns all about the horcruxes thanks to Dumbledore

now my main point Dumbldore is NOT dead, Snape IS

1.Polyjuice potion was missing from slughorns office, sure Draco gave lots to Crabbe and Goyle, but way more then that was missing.
2.Dumbledore would never plead for his life, although, Snape probably would, and he would also probably plead for Dumbledore to do what he had to to help harry win
3.Snape was gonna die anyway from the Unbreakable vow so why not switch places with Dumbledore and have everybody believe dumbledore was dead.

then I also have one that just says both are alive and they didn't switch places

Snape uses some fake "killing curse" to send Dumbledore flying off the tower, Dumbledore slows himself down and arrives safely at the bottom where his wand is. Hagrid who Dumbledore would trust with his life, is waiting at the bottom with some item, Dumbledore was the previous transfiguration teacher before he became headmaster, and transfigured whatever item it was into what appeared to be his dead body, then he cut himself again like he did in the cave and placed blood on the body, then he lifted the spell that doesn't allow you to apparate on the grounds and apparated away, then put the spell back on, the body that was buried was what dumbledore had transfigured to be his body.

also the theories on RAB why would it be Remus and Black? shouldn't it be Remus and Sirius or Lupin and Black, so I'm gonna put my foot down on that one, it is highly unlikely to be three people because it would have been written R. A. and B. more then likely instead of RAB
I believe that it is Regulus he is mentioned by many people, and he was a former death eater so he would have known about the horcruxes.

thats all i gotta say, oh, and check out my fanfic in the harry potter fiction section, Harry Potter and the Horcruxes

RIP RAB

I'm out

sccch
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but,and JK said this:
- Don't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf.
- Dumbledore IS really dead. "Everyone needs to move through the five stages of grief" and get past his death. She also apologizes to DumbledoreIsNotDead.com for ruining the purpose of their site.

Barker
Hate to burst your bubble, but this was posted in more depth a few days ago, in another thread.

The Phantom
Originally posted by sccch
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but,and JK said this:
- Don't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf.
- Dumbledore IS really dead. "Everyone needs to move through the five stages of grief" and get past his death. She also apologizes to DumbledoreIsNotDead.com for ruining the purpose of their site. Originally posted by Barker
Hate to burst your bubble, but this was posted in more depth a few days ago, in another thread. laughing

IceDragon
Okay, Listen. J.K. Rowling herself said...dun dun dun....Dumbledore is DEFINITELY dead. So all of you can stop making threads on how he is really alive, because its true, hes actually, 100%, dead.

Barker
Okay, Listen. This was already ..Dun dun dun... Posted.

The Phantom
Originally posted by IceDragon
Okay, Listen. J.K. Rowling herself said...dun dun dun....Dumbledore is DEFINITELY dead. So all of you can stop making threads on how he is really alive, because its true, hes actually, 100%, dead. Barker, permission to kick him in his nads?

Barker
Permission granted; Just be sure to use a boot with a Metal Toe.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Barker
Permission granted; Just be sure to use a boot with a Metal Toe. eek! I wouldn't think of not using it! *puts boot with metal toe one. Kicks IceDragon in the nads.*

We need a nads kicking smilie. shifty

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by The Phantom

Good idea!

Barker
Make one. ermm

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by Barker
Make one. ermm

Yeah, make on Phantom!

I like your avatar and sig by the way Barker, I sorta have an obsession for him.

The Phantom
Phantom no know how to make smilies.

x_hp_fan
*sigh* neither do I.

IceDragon
screw you losers

Barker
laughing out loud

You had it coming.

IceDragon
i suppose so. eek

The Phantom
Originally posted by IceDragon
screw you losers Originally posted by Barker
laughing out loud

You had it coming.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel

Re-read the chapter. Smoke rising from the coffin. Phoenix flying in the sky. Coincidence?

Infinity
Originally posted by Archer
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks hes not dead.

The spell snape use to kill him is a clue as well. the spell kills
instantly and don't bownce them up and over things.

hhmm thats exactly what i thaught lol...

Infinity
right there u can tell he is not dead. . hagrid found him and in the first book he told mcgonnagal that he trusts hagrid with his life..

willRules
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Re-read the chapter. Smoke rising from the coffin. Phoenix flying in the sky. Coincidence?

In an interview Rowling confirmed that Dumbledore was definitely dead and apologised to the www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com site.......

However she also confirmed when asked ..........

Snape is still a good guy. Dumbledore's death was planned out and Dumbledore plays a vital role in helping Harry in the final book

Haldir o Lórien
Do you have a link to show the confirmation thing? Because a few people in my forum refused to believe me when I told them.

The Phantom

Haldir o Lórien
Aright ... thanks Phantom! I'll go look :P

nehaa
dumbledore s dead get over et

allofyousuckkk
Actually, she said it looked like a silver glove, referring to his silver hand voldemort gave him in the 4th book.

It was already explained that Snape didn't bring up the book because Dumbledore would have gotten mad or something.

He goads Harry because it's just an excuse to be mean. They all need tro know how to do nvbl spells and harry can't.

But i agree, snape is good.

Haldir o Lórien
guys I cant find the link ... can anyone post it again please, if it wouldn't be too much trouble?

TayKP07
I really like all the theories that Dumbledore is still alive... You have no idea how much I wish it was true...but he's not.... I think there is a reason that Dumbledore had to die...

featheryfriend
These are all very believable theories...maybe these will help you to decide whether hes dead or not

- When snape casts the avada kadavra curse doesnt dumbledore fall just before it hits him??

- They put alot of stress on nonverbal spells and how dumbledores the greatest wizard of all time...maybe snape said avada kadavra but ment expelliarmus and as dumbledore was falling he could have used a spell to slow himself down

- Another possibility is that falks the pheonix is a horcrux for dumbledore and thats why it says that in the smoke harry believes there to be a pheonix...

- Also if the no apparating spell was cast by dumbledore doesnt that mean it would dissipatate wen dumbledore dies...if the pheonix harry saw was real then falks may have been in the process of giving dumbledore life, dumbledore could have apparated b4 the spell strengthened...

- In the book it says that lots of polyjuice potion dissapears and its likely that dumbledore got hold of some of it and used it on one of the already dead bodies to make it look like he died to make Voldemort think harry was vulnerable...

- I think R.A.B. means= Regulus ??? Black

siriuswriter
All right people.

DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD.

JK ROWLING HERSELF HAS SAID THIS AT THE HARRY, CARRIE, AND GARP READING.

When asked by an audience member if Dumbledore was, indeed, dead, she answered, (paraphrased) "Yes, he's gone. He's not going to pull a Gandalf." Then she paused, and said, "Maybe I'd better rephrase that to make this absolutely clear. Dumbledore is dead. It's time to move through the five stages of grief." Then she apologized to the makers of dumbledoresnotdead dot com.

If I have to explain this one more freakin' time, I shall blow a gasket.

The Phantom
Originally posted by siriuswriter
All right people.

DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD.

When asked by an audience member if Dumbledore was, indeed, dead, she answered, (paraphrased) "Yes, he's gone. He's not going to pull a Gandalf." Then she paused, and said, "Maybe I'd better rephrase that to make this absolutely clear. Dumbledore is dead. It's time to move through the five stages of grief." Then she apologized to the makers of dumbledoresnotdead dot com.

If I have to explain this one more freakin' time, I shall blow a gasket. They will never learn.

siriuswriter
*blows gasket*

That was an interesting experience.

The Phantom
*blows gasket*

That was an interesting experience. o.o *cowers in corner* Scared the shit out of me.

Korosan
Originally posted by willRules
In an interview Rowling confirmed that Dumbledore was definitely dead and apologised to the www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com site.......

However she also confirmed when asked ..........

Snape is still a good guy. Dumbledore's death was planned out and Dumbledore plays a vital role in helping Harry in the final book

In the spoiler you contradicted what you said previously. "Dumbledore was definitely dead" then in spoiler "Dumbledore plays a vital role in helping Harry in the final book" ... ? And how do you know snape is good? If you can give me the link to the interview where she says that I will believe that but if its true whats with all these lil things you get when you reserve book that say "Reasons Snape is Good" and "Reasons Snape is Bad" I think if she publicly announced this that they wouldn't make those...

siriuswriter
Dumbledore can still play a vital role to Harry - through memories, pensieves, the Portrait of himself hanging in the Headmaster's office....

It's really not that difficult for someone to be dead and still have an impact on you.

Yeh... pretty sure that I look up to loads of people who are dead, and that their ways of thinking and ideas still affect my life.

He's dead. He's dead. He's really, really, de-ad!

The Grey Fox
very nice and interesting. learningful

The Phantom
Dumbledore can still play a vital role to Harry - through memories, pensieves, the Portrait of himself hanging in the Headmaster's office....

It's really not that difficult for someone to be dead and still have an impact on you.

Yeh... pretty sure that I look up to loads of people who are dead, and that their ways of thinking and ideas still affect my life.

He's dead. He's dead. He's really, really, de-ad! Cheerleading again?

potcfan2003

My friend read the books over and over until she found a RAB. There was a Black named something that starts with R. If anyone could find it, it'd be my friend

siriuswriter
Cheerleading again?

No. Broadway Starlet. That last was sung to the tune of "So long, farewell, alfeidersien, good-night!" from "The Sound of Music."

The Phantom
Originally posted by potcfan2003
My friend read the books over and over until she found a RAB. There was a Black named something that starts with R. If anyone could find it, it'd be my friend Regulas A Black. We are way ahead of ya on that.Originally posted by siriuswriter
No. Broadway Starlet. That last was sung to the tune of "So long, farewell, alfeidersien, good-night!" from "The Sound of Music." I never saw Sound of Music so... yea.

siriuswriter
I never saw Sound of Music so... yea.

SHOCK!! HORROR!!! GASPPP!!!!!

I don't care WHAT you're doing, go to your nearest movie rental pplace, buy the damned film and put it in your television viewing device.

NOW!!

The Phantom
SHOCK!! HORROR!!! GASPPP!!!!!

I don't care WHAT you're doing, go to your nearest movie rental pplace, buy the damned film and put it in your television viewing device.

NOW!! No thanks. And we are a bit off topic.

SeanTerry727
YOu know at first i didnt think it was possible but it all makes sence .......he probably really did fake his death

siriuswriter
Oh my dear Lordy Lord.

All right people.

DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD.

If I have to explain this one more freakin' time, I shall blow a gasket.

*again, blows gasket.*

The Phantom
Oh my dear Lordy Lord.

*again, blows gasket.* Still amusing to watch.

jasonowens4200

RAB is sirius' brother regulus black in the dutch book version they use a different word for black and it starts with an F and its RAF in the dutch book not RAB

The Phantom
Originally posted by jasonowens4200
RAB is sirius' brother regulus black in the dutch book version they use a different word for black and it starts with an F and its RAF in the dutch book not RAB It could be just a way to throw us off though.

ninhatotal
I missed most of the clues while reading, because I was too shocked about Dumbledore's death, but, right before I finished reading the book, I got butterflies in my stomach... You know that feeling you get when lots of adrenaline is running in your blood when something hits you (no jokes, please)?

In my mind, came up a sentence instantly:

You've got to fool your friends in order to fool your enemies.

To me, Dumbledore is not dead!

The Phantom
All right people.

DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD.

If I have to explain this one more freakin' time, I shall blow a gasket. Just wanted to do this before Sirius did. Hehehehe. This way, I get yelled at and not you. :P

Unicor777
Originally posted by ninhatotal
To me, Dumbledore is not dead!

Well he has said him self that to a well organize mind death is just another adventure ...

~LunaLoveG~
If Dumbledore isn't dead and he planned it all. DAMN HE IS MEAN!

The Phantom
*Acts like some straight male cheerleader... there's a few and every bunch* D-U-M-B-L-E-D-O-R-E I-S D-E-A-D! What's that spell!?

Please tell me. I can't read. blink

siriuswriter
Phantom - be careful of the torch you carry. The wax tends to drip.

He's dead folks. Please get over this.

It does not mean, however, that Dumbledore cannot still affect Harry from death.

1. His portrait.
2. His pensieve.
3. Memories about him from other people (like Dobby)
4. Fawkes.

Dumbledore IS. DEAD. I will gladly requote and requote what JK ROWLING HERSELF said about the matter: THAT HE IS DEAD.

Why is this so hard to believe? JK reveals so very little about her books, and what she does reveal, directly FROM HER MOUTH, is true. She does not tell us things to throw us off - she just doesn't answer if the answer is potentially a spoiler.

DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD.

"Go through the five stages of grief." I'll admit, one is denial, but I think we're taking this a bit too far?

The Phantom
Phantom - be careful of the torch you carry. The wax tends to drip.

He's dead folks. Please get over this.

It does not mean, however, that Dumbledore cannot still affect Harry from death.

1. His portrait.
2. His pensieve.
3. Memories about him from other people (like Dobby)
4. Fawkes.

Dumbledore IS. DEAD. I will gladly requote and requote what JK ROWLING HERSELF said about the matter: THAT HE IS DEAD.

Why is this so hard to believe? JK reveals so very little about her books, and what she does reveal, directly FROM HER MOUTH, is true. She does not tell us things to throw us off - she just doesn't answer if the answer is potentially a spoiler.

DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD.

"Go through the five stages of grief." I'll admit, one is denial, but I think we're taking this a bit too far? Someone read my thing on Dobby knowing Dumbledore's secrets. ^.^

siriuswriter
Someone read my thing on Dobby knowing Dumbledore's secrets. ^.^

Somebody did.

(and to stay on-topic)

He's dead.

Hydroeater
So what about McGonagall? The Time Turner? She's suprisingly absent and very cool about the whole situation, at leaat in the movie. She could easily go back arresto momentum save Dumbledore from the fall, maybe even have dumbledores future body brought back and laid dead. I mean if he falls from a high Tower he's gonna be pudding and meat on the ground not just have a bloody nose.

She could also have given Snape am anti venom and had a nurse or even fawkes revive him with the healing powers as shown in the second movie. Which is also the one that brings the time Turner and the miracle bone re grower. McGonagall could have gone back to save them or even help Dumbledore orchestrate everything. They could be alive or have taken over people who died long before McGonagall had a chance to save them

Surtur
Originally posted by Hydroeater
So what about McGonagall? The Time Turner? She's suprisingly absent and very cool about the whole situation, at leaat in the movie.

Don't be silly, time turners are best used to allow teenagers to take an extra class.

The killing curse is what killed Dumbledore, cushioning his fall wouldn't do anything. He was dead before he even started falling. Plus what is the point? Dumbledore was going to be dead within a year anyways. At least this way of doing things allowed Snape to remain working for Voldemort.

Fawkes can't revive the dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.